(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,942 posts
  • 414 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by pinballslave
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 432 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SmartSelect_20191031-211955_Chrome (resized).jpg
19-10-24 (resized).png
E9FA1C67-CC39-45AA-9D44-5F1827E5BBD6 (resized).jpeg
22605FC4-3D2B-44A6-ADB2-B7221410C45E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
XS5LK (resized).png
IMG_20191007_184649953 (resized).jpg
4d3ce1f2fc7bf999742aa06b8c644871dada44cf.png (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 5.27.53 PM (resized).png
20190930_211302 (resized).jpg
20190928_121546 (resized).jpg
APcake (resized).jpg
IMG_6412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6420 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6414 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (1 year ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (10 months ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3268 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems he just uses his platform that you all give him to tear down things he doesnt like, or will stir the pot, needlessly.

Seems to be a technique that is coming right from the top of the US Govt's leadership.

Such are the days we live in.

#3279 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And hes a destructive lying moron.

Eh. Or you can take him for what he is and just enjoy the podcast as gossipy entertainment.

Or get angry at him.

Either or really. :~)

#3291 3 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, I hate morons, clowns and snowflakes.

hates snowflakes.

completely triggered by kaneda and his optional podcast.

cant make it up folks!

2 weeks later
#3388 3 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Over an hour game??? what the hell!

exactly my thoughts.

here i thought my ~15 million game was pretty solid... and then this guy comes along and completely changes my mind lol.

4 weeks later
#3485 68 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One question, will the magnet ever automatically grab the ball to help line up that shot? I always get confused on if I even have a mag nab available to use or not.

yes. i've noticed that sometimes the magnet does auto-grab the ball. i'm not sure what triggers that behavior from a game/rules standpoint... and - depending on the speed of the ball coming around the orbit - the magnet doesn't always get a perfect grab.

frankly i always forget to use the mag-nab button so the only time it actually does anything for me is when the game auto-grabs the ball.

#3496 68 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

45-55 minutes? Are you referring to a single game? Are ball times that long on this pin?

they can be. i think my longest game has been around 40 minutes so far.

reminds me of houdini in that way.

#3502 67 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

This is alarming for me. I have this pin on order and I had no idea that playing it can drone on for 45+ min. That's possibly even longer than Lord of the Rings. Marathon pins are bad for multi-player, bad for league, bad for route, and generally not my style. If the average game on this pin is truly 20-30+ minutes I may need to walk away.
Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

if you are a skilled player and the game is in default settings its a long playing game. not sure what else needs to be said. i've still seen plenty of people step up and walk away in a handful of minutes if they aren't pinball players.

its extremely fun, the code is deep but if long playtimes aren't your bag.... then this one will likely rank up there with LOTR, Hobbit, Houdini, JJP Pirates, etc.

#3537 64 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

Both Houdini and Oktoberfest are very well built, reliable machines. There has been a lot of talk recently about other manufacturers playfield issues. Has anyone had playfield issues with their American Pinball pins?

Me and a couple of the other pin guys were playing in a tournament at the local brewery today and ‘playfield-gate’ was a topic of discussion.

We noticed absolutely no pooling on Oktoberfest. The playfield still looks pristine after hundreds of plays.

Guardians of The Galaxy and Ghostbusters weren’t fairing so well. Definitely some noticeable pools but nothing like JP2 or Wonka/POTC are seeing right out of the box. But still enough to notice.

And things like LOTR, Simpsons PBP and Fish Tales (diamond plate) are still in downright remarkable condition considering the thousands of games they have seen. They just built em better back in those days. Volatile chemicals be damned.

#3544 64 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I should probably know this already, but what's 'pooling'? Is it like ghosting off the inserts?

Go check out the ‘stern and jjp playfield issues’ thread for more detail.

Basically the clearcoat being used these days seems to be too soft or lacks the proper time to cure. So it’s pooling up around the posts being screwed into the playfield

1 week later
#3634 51 days ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Are there any secrets or ideas on how to hit the 2 left ramps on this game?
I put a good 2 hours on it yesterday and after a while did nothing but concentrate on hitting those 2 shots. I came away with a total of 5 successful ramp hits combined in 2 hours of play. I was using the magnet a lot but it didn’t seem to put the ball directly on the flipper. It seems my best success was hitting it when the ball had a lot momentum like when it would fly around the orbit or down the right inlane. The game I was playing had the July code update. I loved the game and would consider getting one if I those shots were just a little less frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Corkscrew ramp is pretty easy once you find the spot on the flipper. Just takes some practice

The beer barrel ramp is definitely tougher but is near the end of the upper flipper. The mag-nab should be putting it right on the flipper and definitely helps on getting it dialed in.

I think it’s just a game that you need to keep putting time into before those shots become second nature.

#3657 49 days ago

Finally saw flipper meister the other day during an epic long game. Is there a ‘super’ version of that if all of the tent modes actually get completed (mine were not)?

#3697 46 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I go to pick a stein that I’ve already chosen, I think I can get it up to three times. What does subsequent choices of the same stein do for me?

i believe it increases the multiplier associated with the mode/tent tied to that stein.

i also think that it increases the perk associated with the stein. ie. the 'more tilt warnings' stein will give you up to 5 warnings if you pick the stein all 3 times.

i'm sure somebody from api can clarify more than i am able to.

#3703 45 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome thanks. So my thinking of getting to stein level 3 right before a cork screw MB or Beer Barrel Mb was sound. Now I’m thinking that pop bumper mode with a level three stein might be good money too. I’ll have to experiment more.
Thanks again!

yup. if i have a couple balls locked for either of the MB's i'll usually focus on getting the steins stacked up before starting the MB.

seems like my normal order is:

easy tent letters -> spinner value -> easy ducks -> more tilt warnings (if needed) -> MB steins (if balls are locked) -> Etc.

but who am i kidding... i usually take the maximum number of tilt warning steins and shake the hell out of the game to make up for my mediocre skills.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside