(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaquar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

What mistake did TWIP make??? I must have missed it.

Article was live on their website for a short time ahead of reveal. They took it down and put it back after.

1 month later
#1604 5 years ago

Watched some of the stream as well - agree with comments on metal music, still think it looks cool and interesting. Fingers crossed the new art helps push me over the fence!

1 month later
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Regardless of whether it's final or not, it's a gigantic improvement.
Hope they give the playfield and plastics the same attention.
Whilst they're dealing with cosmetics ... PLEASE PLEASE remove that horribly ugly AP decal from the middle of the backbox. Have some little metal headbadges made (the colour logo doesn't look great anyway). They'd cost less than a $ per machine, and it'd look so much better and more professional.
Nobody but nobody liked it on Houdini, and replacements were sold.

It’s a step in the right direction for sure - look forward to seeing final.

Any idea on where those replacement badges can be found?

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Can't find it now, but someone did make something.
Did find this - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/95#post-4482819
GAP had them for the lower speaker panel rather than upper. But IMO it'd look better replacing the AP logo.

Agreed - even simple silver/grey all one color would look better - thanks for the reply.

2 months later
#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'm a Houdini owner and have been eagerly awaiting the final Oktoberfest to see if I wanted to go in on one. I even sold a machine to fund a potential Oktoberfest purchase. However, I'm disappointed in the lack of response from API on the animations. It's clearly is a big issue for many potential buyers and yet there is no indication that API is going to listen to the feedback. There's really no excuse for the poor quality animations. I hate to be one of those "I'm out" people but I think I'm out. There's simply too many options out there competing for my money.

Couldn’t agree more....

6 months later
#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Another improvement that I think would be fairly easy to implement is that at the moment, when choosing a Stein, the current code doesn't give you long to think about it... no time to read the Stein benefit, then check what tents you've completed, consider other factors, explain to friends learning the game what's happening, top up your beer etc... after just a few seconds the game selects the one you're considering for you... maybe the 'auto select' time can be adjusted in the settings, but I didn't notice it... ideally I'd like the game to simply wait for me to decide and never 'time out'... Can such an option to change this 'auto select' time be put into the code, with a 'never' option? Same applies to Tents... although I find myself contemplating Steins more than tents.

Agreed....also think whoever did the art for you avatar / profile thumbnail should do a alternate back glass for the game! Old news I know and love the game, but just think the art on the girl they used is pretty mediocre. It would help motivate me to put one alongside my Houdini for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaquar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=Zaquar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.