(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2669 5 years ago

"Who would drink beer and ride a roller coaster?" You are looking at him. . . It is just with the long lines you will have to pee like a mother f**er when you finally get to ride it. I suppose the challenge is not to pee yourself when riding.

"That extra $100 sure goes a long way though." Yeah with a virtual lock (no wonka-vator) to boot. That'll cost you another 2 grand if you want it.

Oktoberfest's layout is very good, full color RBG's all all the way around with a theme park and beer. What is not to like? My only nit picks are the damn rock music (gotta try to appeal to all those guys who buy those rock themed games), video execution a little weak and not a fan of the call out voices (find some real Germans with thicker accents). It is a loaded machine layout wise it just doesn't have the polish of JJP's. It reminds me of Data East vs B/W honestly. Fun to play none the less and is on my short list. But that rock music . . . If you go with a theme, own it and dive head first. Splitting the difference just doesn't do the theme justice.

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If people don't understand it's about a lot more than beer, then that's AP's fault with not correctly conveying the theme
same thing with JJP and DI not being a cell phone game

I'm not sure a pinball machine is going to be able to educate a person that their preconceived notions of a festival, in a different country, are wrong.

#2708 5 years ago

Someone on YouTube commented about the music on Oktoberfest. He referenced this slot machine and it's music. Skip to 1 minute and 30 seconds. The voice acting sounds pretty solid as well.

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is supposed to be better than what's in the game already?

I'm a huge fan of Oktoberfest, great theme, great layout, the tents, the steins for the rules, the locks, the ramps (especially the drop down ramp) and the magnets. It is obvious a lot of thought and effort were put into this game (unlike say, moving a bash toy and magnet around) In my opinion, ya nailed it. Its just the guitar and cymbals stand out so much. Perhaps going for a Rammstein type of German music? I dunno. For the main theme it feels heavy for a celebratory game like Oktoberfest. It would fit great for a hurry up mode but its just in your face (ears). Thankfully the music in the modes is perfect. Again major kudos for going for a theme like this, not many games have caught my attention like this one. Good work.

#2754 4 years ago

This thread is too quiet. Main theme upgrade

5 months later
#3799 4 years ago

Just joined the club (shout out to Zack). The game is a blast and thank you, thank you, thank you for adding a new main theme song. It is pleasure to listen to, especially the clapping. It really gets you into the game. You guys sure do make some great games. Keep up the good work!

IMG_20191007_184649953 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_184649953 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3867 4 years ago

Played Oktoberfest at expo. Excellent job on the beta code update. The graphics are greatly improved. The music and call-outs are expanded nicely. And the theatrics of the game are much more immersive. The multi balls have much more pizzazz to them now and amps up the game play. You guys over there at American are nailing it and I can't wait to install the new code. Keep up the great work! Met most of you at expo and the factory tour, it was a pleasure. Thank you.

1 week later
#3909 4 years ago

Have been checking daily for the update. The new track added is a joy to listen to. Finally got the corkscrew multi-ball and WOW! The call-outs are a so much more varied and the graphics are a huge step up. Well done!

#3913 4 years ago

There are 2 new "main" tracks compared to the 2 generation old code. The improvements are listed in the notes on the website.

1 month later
#4126 4 years ago

When the game tilts out. Are you supposed to be able to use the service buttons?For the life of me I can't use them only the start button worked to add players. Still having issues with inappropriate saves. Just started up a game tonight and it started throwing four if not five balls out on to the playfield. I don't get it. I've sent in game logs twice. But it is hard to troubleshoot when you can't use the service buttons when the game tilts.

IMG_20191211_200527989 (resized).jpgIMG_20191211_200527989 (resized).jpg
#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

When that happens, is there 1 or 2 balls in the beer barrel?

#4135 4 years ago

More data logs sent. I don't get it. Is the trough not seeing the balls? Seeing them when it shouldn't be? Gremlins might be the next game?

tenor.giftenor.gif
3 months later
#4338 4 years ago

Thank you for the new coil stop and the lock bar shims. I just wanted to pass on that I WAS having problems with inappropriate ball saves in the past and would also have ball drains that weren't right. I received a new trough and it did help (had the occasional problem though shortly after installing). I spoke with a friend of mine and he mentioned to check the pinballs to see if they were magnetized (he had a hell of a time with a his LOTR). Sure enough they all stuck together when put on a table. A new set of balls fixed the problem. Just for future reference, if the trough starts acting up and not feeding the balls to the shooter lane coil, it is likely the balls sticking together and not allowing them to roll down freely. American Pinball keep up the good work!

4 months later
#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Anybody have any idea what happened here? rosh, ferret. My game went nuts. After player one drained, player two is up and the game just kept shooting balls by itself. This lasted for a full 2 minutes before I turned it off. Then I turned it back on and adjusted a few settings (tent completion changes) and started a game. Now I have Thor's Hammer Stein instead of Castrated Monkey.

yes. Take all the pinballs out put them on a flat surface and see if they are sticking together. My Oktoberfest was driving me nuts early on with b******* ball saves and acting all sorts of stupid. Got a new trough and was still having issues. Took the balls out and they were all sticking to each other. They don't roll down to the bottom of the trough like they should when they're magnetized. One of my buddies was having issues with balls magnetizing on a different game when I mentioned the symptoms to him he said pull the balls out and take a look. Sure as shit they were all clumped together. I feel your pain as it was a maddening problem and it also has intermittent.

#4654 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

The non stop balls were happening to my new okf and Dave of API was supplying me with new pcb’s in search of a solution. Although it doesn’t happen nearly as often as it was before the board replacements it will occasionally rear its ugly head without warning. If a ball is sticking in the trough due to magnetic attraction wouldn’t that prevent it from moving into the launch position and just cause a backup in the trough instead of an endless regurgitation of balls?

Once the game freaks out about missing balls. . . The game freaks out about missing balls. There are six in this machine and they start sticking to each other and they do not roll down to the launch position and coincidentally they don't block the optos. That is when the game freaks out and starts acting stupid. I replaced all the magnetized balls and not have had any ridiculous ball saves nor having the game just start launching balls out of the trough like there was no tomorrow. That is a classic symptom of the balls not resting in the trough like they should.

#4659 3 years ago

I replaced the OEM balls with cheap $1 ones from pinball life that I bought years ago.

8 months later
#4768 2 years ago

Adjust a shout out and a love letter to the folks at AP. You make phenomenal machines as with an excellent build quality and have a perfect balance between price and features. More to the point, thank you so very much for being receptive to your customers and adding the additional (traditional) background music tracks. They add so much to the experience of Oktoberfest. You make machines that I am proud to have in my basment and am anxiously waiting for your future titles..Prost!

PS The original theme music is enjoyable as well. It goes perfectly with the other tracks.

20210504_205019 (resized).jpg20210504_205019 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=Swainer80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.