(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider E_Gpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4142 4 years ago

I hope those figurines would be sold as a mod, because I saw them in person and they were a very nice touch. I will admit that the clearance with the ball on the habitrail looked very tight, but I didn't see any cases of the ball being obstructed by them. They were very close though.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can buy replacement decals for the flipper bats? The red one on the upper flipper is starting to peel off and I would like to replace it. I didn't see them on AP's website or on other pinball websites that sells mods and flipper toppers.

2 months later
#4308 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

This beer barrel membrane switch is starting to drive me crazy! It literally makes the game unplayable since it continues to think the ball is getting locked (when it already is), and launches a new ball into the shooter lane, while the current ball is already in play.
American Pinball, what is going to be the solution for this? Every time I clean the membrane switch it works fine for about 20 games, and then acts up again. I bought this thing NIB last September and it only has 300 plays on it.
Isn’t there some way to write in the code that it remembers that it already locked a specific ball? So even if the switch thinks it has another ball roll over it (when really it didn’t), it doesn’t count it as a newly locked ball? Can’t the game remember that it already had ball 1 locked or ball 2 locked, so any new sensitivity to the membrane switch is voided?
Or is the solution really going to be installing a new membrane switch every few hundred plays? If that’s the case, can I have one sent to me? I know I’m not the only one who has had this issue on here.

The new replacement membrane switches may be better than the ones that were originally included with the machine (they are a different color, so they may be from a different supplier). I would try replacing the membrane switches.

I agree, I wish they used a different type of switch.

1 month later
#4345 4 years ago

Where did you get that duck from?

8 months later
#4703 3 years ago

The juggling tent mode starts as a two ball multiball and then you get additional balls in play as you hit the lit shots.

I know that is not exactly what you are asking for, but it is a multiball mode that lets you add balls into play.

8 months later
#4830 2 years ago

I once had 160m points in bonus. (yes, million)

I knew I had a great ball by completing multiple tents, getting a lot of ducks, and just having a really long ball time in general. I expected a good bonus, but I did not expect anything remotely close to 160m points.

The lesson learned is to complete the tents and don't tilt!

#4832 2 years ago

I think my score before that bonus was just under 100m. I played a few extra balls, but the bonus on my last ball was an absolute monster. I don't remember exactly what I did during the last ball, but I know completed tents and collected a lot of steins.

I only got that monster bonus once. This wasn't broken, it was a game where all the stars lined up on the final ball.

#4834 2 years ago

For flipper performance, you may want to try lowering the flipper coil power slightly. You will reduce the flipper strength up front, but it won't generate as much heat and may not lose its strength after a long game.

You could increase the coil power which will increase the flipper strength upfront, but it will generate more heat and could weaken the flipper earlier.

Another thought I had, but didn't try myself is to put a small desk fan in the cabinet, pointed up towards the lower flipper coils, and plug that fan into the service outlet. I have not tried this myself, but I would think that this would provide decent cooling for the flipper coils.

7 months later
#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is everyone doing for preventing balls jumping the rail and getting stuck from the beer barrell ramp shot?

I created a 3d printable part to solve that exact problem. It works 100%. If the ball jumps the habitrail, it will simply fall back onto the main playfield rather than get stuck.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4807108

#4976 1 year ago

Are you saying that the ball gets stuck between the yellow ramp and the sidewall? I haven't seen that happen before.

My current part will prevent the ball from getting stuck between the yellow ramp and the barrel's entrance. (where the ball is in your picture)

If the ball jumps over my part and gets stuck between the wall and the ramp (the arrow pointing to the wall), I think it I can modify my part by adding a high wall to block the ball from jumping over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider E_Gpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=E_Gpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.