(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4854 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sounds like a bug. We’ve got the hood open right now for an upcoming release, so we’ll check it out.

I just located an in stock NIB and paid for it this morning. Happy to be joining the group! Am I to understand from your post that AP is still updating, adding, and releasing new code for this title? If so, that's awesome! Is there anything I should be aware of for a fresh out of box machine? Thanks!

1 week later
#4865 2 years ago

My NIB find was picked up by shipping company yesterday. Shes on the way. I should officially be in the club pretty soon. So excited!!

20211006_190939 (resized).jpg20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
#4867 2 years ago

She's home and has fresh code installed!

16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
#4870 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

New code for everyone?

Well, mine was NIB so it had old code installed. WAY old code..... lol. The original black rubbers were already chalky and one in the back was split upon my initial inspection. I'll have to take a look at the manufacture date, but I bet it's 2018. There are definitely advantages to buying a well cared for used machine.

This machine is an ASS KICKER btw. I put quite a few games on it and never saw corkscrew or beer Barrel multiball even one time.

Edit: May 2019 assembly date, so, almost 2.5 years old in a box in a warehouse.

#4872 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Make sure, the machine is not too upright. It's supposed to be lower than a Stern and you need the side to side action from the slings for the cork screw stand-ups.
Adjust the sling power if necessary, so they don't produce just drainbows.
Also, for the upper flipper there is an alternative coil stop that changes the angle of the flipper and makes the barrel shot significantly easier. I got it through my distributor for free.

Excellent tip on the coil stop. I'll call american today since I'm ordering a shaker motor and knocker from them. I have the slope set at about 6.7° and the side drains seem reasonable. I also bumped up the upper flipper coil strength 3 or 4 numbers which made the barrel ramp doable. Now, it's timing. I used medium factory presets, but may cave in and change that to easy just so I can progress further. I'll try to play better first though

#4875 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Please note that the designer's recommended slope for Oktoberfest is more like 6.0°, not 6.7°. Having the game much steeper than it was designed for will certainly impact your ability to shoot the ramps as intended.

6.0 per the designer, good to know. I'll lower it down tonight. Thanks!

#4879 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The intention is that you can put all the levelers on all the legs fully in, and that should be the correct slope … then just adjust the levelers to attain level left-to-right. Of course verify all that as usual, but that’s how the cabinets are supposed to be set up.
Hope you love your new game!

Changed out the old rubbers to Titans, gapped the slings a bit wider so not so sensitive, and most importantly adjusted the playfield to 6°. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! To be honest, I was a bit frustrated with how difficult the game was at first. Now it's super fun, I'm able to actually progress a bit, see more modes, collect more steins, etc... Any slope approaching 7° is just a game killer on this machine. Also noticed my machine was set on "family friendly" speech. That had to go immediately. Now I just need to play enough to hear all of Ingas sly comments. Well done AP!

Oh!! And a stein to make PROST letters easier to collect would be pretty sweet.

#4880 2 years ago

So, authentic knockers on pinball machines scare my wife very badly. Not sure why. Even when she knows it's coming, she jumps and let's out a little scream and sometimes curses at the machine! Well, for the first week of Owning Oktoberfest, there was no mechanical knocker installed. Guess what I put in over the weekend. First two player game with her, first tent, I select duck hunting. She about shit herself and had to leave the room!! I get so much joy from such occurrences.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#4887 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The marquee feature of the next code release is support for Co-Op play, but there are some other bug fixes and bits of polish here and there that will also be added... trying to respond to feedback from our customers, as we always try to do, plus some of our own internal wish list items.

One of those bug fixes wouldn't be for the LED under the Food frenzy Tent insert would it? Mine strobes the wrong color when in attract mode, along with one of the GI bulbs under the left return lane. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to get it sorted.

#4889 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Are the colors correct when in lamp test mode? Could be that they are wired up wrong.

Not sure, I havnt owned the game long and I've just been playing the hell out of it, LOL. I'll have to test that out and see if it yields any answers

1 week later
#4890 2 years ago

OK, everyone, I need some wisdom. I'm an average player. So far I haven't been able to score very well. The best I've managed is 3.8 million. I achieved both multiballs, completed a few tents (visited many), collected well over 50 ducks, etc.. Regarding steins, I've been going for 3x on lighting outline saves first, then 3x making ducks easy to collect, then usually increase spinner value and increase pop value. So, all that being said, a friend of mine comes over last night who's also an average player. He's never seen an Oktoberfest, and managed to run up a score of over 11 million on his first game. What kills me is he only got 1 multiball and didn't do too well on the jackpots, collected around 40 ducks, completed 1 tent (visited many), and didn't pay 1 bit of attention to what steins he was collecting. I can't put my finger on how his score went so high?! I'm looking for some scoring strategies here. Help me out fellow festers!

#4895 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Good luck finding out. I'm ready to purchase a Oktoberfest fully loaded right now. But I have paid in full for a Hot Wheels fully loaded and can't get confirmation when I'm going to receive it. So no way will I put up more money until I find out when it ships. Can't get straight answer from distributor or American Pinball. Leaving message on phone not working for me!

I would think a NIB hot wheels would be pretty easy to find right now with a little digging around.

1 week later
#4901 2 years ago

I got my best score ever last night thanks to 2 corkscrew coaster super jackpot collections. My question is, what builds the super jackpot value prior to collection? I was just shooting for jackpots, and hoping to hit the "oktober" and "fest' inserts. I don't think I completed that, but collected super jackpot anyway?? I'm looking for some clarification on how this works. The big jump in score happened at the end of multiball, when the corkscrew ramp drops, lights red, and the crowd chants " one more ride'.
Can anyone clarify what exactly is going on?
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg20211127_232248 (resized).jpg

#4903 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nice score!
The Super Jackpot is increased by all jackpots collected AND by hits on any of the OKTOBER, FEST, and PROST target banks. The initial jackpot value, as well as how much the jackpot value goes up after each jackpot made, is based on how many calories you ate at the Food Stand, and multiplied by any Freak Show Rooster steins you might have.
If you didn't collect a Super during Corkscrew, you get a few seconds to try a free shot at it when you drain down to one ball -- that's the "One More Ride!" part of the show.
Also: completing the PROST bank adds an extra Jackpot shot to the rotation.

Awesome explanation, thank you so much. Now I see why I scored so high. I changed my strategy and decided to focus on calories instead of tents. Plus I did have some freakshow rooster steins. I also happened to have a ball cradled on my right flipper when the other ball drained, so it was an easy shot.

3 weeks later
#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Thx for all the feedback all, got some conversation going!

Now you just gotta locate one for sale.....

3 months later
2 months later
#4981 1 year ago

Thinking of selling mine if anyone is interested. Mint. Original owner, shaker, knocker, and pinstadiums added. No shipping though. Consider trades plus cash for anything on my wishlist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin?tu=CoolCatPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.