(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,978 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Wizkid93
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg
20210613_200902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,978 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 100.
#4851 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Steins’ only effect on their “paired” tent mode is to multiply the points awarded… 1 Stein = 2x tent scoring, 2 steins = 3x tent scoring, 3 steins = 4x tent scoring, etc. They’re not supposed to have any other effect on their paired tents. (Of course, there’s a stein that has the “global” effect of adding more tent time, which affects all tents.)
rosh will have to comment on why you might have gotten so many customers so fast in Tap It… I don’t touch video modes.

I did it three games in a row. I was only able to serve like 2 people. Normally I get like 10-20 served.

#4852 7 months ago

Sounds like a bug. We’ve got the hood open right now for an upcoming release, so we’ll check it out.

#4853 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Played a lot more yesterday. My understanding of playing modes that you have steins of makes the modes worth more or easier or both.
So I figured if I brought 2 steins into tap it, I could take in the points. Turns out all it does is makes the mode impossible. Sends fifty people to the taps immediately and you lose almost instantly.
Am I missing something about the stein perks in modes?
Thanks!

As ferret said, steins help tent scoring, but they don't help the tent in other ways. The number of customers and the speed they arrive is based on difficulty setting and if you have visited the tent before. Given the safe nature of the mode, a second visit is designed to be even more challenging and it will start you off with more customers, and certainly on a hard setting you are not going to get to serve a lot of customers. If only make sense to revisit that tent if you were just a few customers away from victory (or you did really, really poorly the first time, in which case you won't be penalized).

If this was on the first visit, you can send the logs and I'll take a look to see if they shed light, but I just tested this and got the expected amount of patrons regardless of 0 steins or 3 steins.

#4854 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sounds like a bug. We’ve got the hood open right now for an upcoming release, so we’ll check it out.

I just located an in stock NIB and paid for it this morning. Happy to be joining the group! Am I to understand from your post that AP is still updating, adding, and releasing new code for this title? If so, that's awesome! Is there anything I should be aware of for a fresh out of box machine? Thanks!

#4855 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Am I to understand from your post that AP is still updating, adding, and releasing new code for this title? If so, that's awesome!

Yes. American Pinball recently announced that all of our games will be adding team/co-op play support in upcoming code releases. A few other little bits of polish are also part of the mix, 'cause we can't help ourselves.

#4856 7 months ago

I noticed while playing my Hot Wheels, tonight that the pops feel more sensitive and reactive than on my Oktoberfest. Is it just me, a mechanical thing or system related? I'd love more action in my Oktoberfests pops.

#4857 7 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I noticed while playing my Hot Wheels, tonight that the pops feel more sensitive and reactive than on my Oktoberfest. Is it just me, a mechanical thing or system related? I'd love more action in my Oktoberfests pops.

Funny you mention that,I have noticed the top left pop doesn't go off when it should on a couple of oktoberfests I have played. They seem to kick in more when the ball is in the center of the three.

#4858 7 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Funny you mention that,I have noticed the top left pop doesn't go off when it should on a couple of oktoberfests I have played. They seem to kick in more when the ball is in the center of the three.

They probably just need the contacts adjusted a bit. I did that for both my Oktoberfest and Houdini and it really livened them up. Only took a few minutes to do.

#4859 7 months ago

They are just like any other pops. Need to be cleaned and adjusted perfectly to get the best action. Always takes some trial and error to get it right.

#4860 7 months ago

I had to readjust my pops every now and then to keep them lively. Used some thin cardboard between the contacts of the switch to clean them and that little tool from pinball life to bend the leaf so they were just not touching. Since the ball tends to come at a very low pace and the table is relatively flat, the leaves needed to almost touch to keep the pops nice and responsive. Seemed to always be the left and the bottom one for me - don't think I had to ever adjust the right one.

#4861 7 months ago

A TINY bit of white lithium grease on the spoon helps up the sensitivity too.

#4862 7 months ago

Had this custom rug/mat made for my Oktoberfest, very pleased with the result.

Note: NOT selling, strictly a one off. To much love and respect for AP!
IMG_7361 (resized).jpgIMG_7362 (resized).jpg

#4863 7 months ago

Wow! 3 years since the news of Oktoberfest! already!
Happy Oktoberfest!
Thanks AP for not only a Wunderbar pin, but my dream theme too!

Quoted from Pyromedic:

Done right, could be awesome.
Oktoberfest is the worlds largest party, and remember Pinball is HUGE in Europe too.
Das Boot! Multi-ball, Bring it!!![quoted image]

47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
#4864 7 months ago

Here's hoping the Munich festival is back and better than ever in 2022!

#4865 7 months ago

My NIB find was picked up by shipping company yesterday. Shes on the way. I should officially be in the club pretty soon. So excited!!

20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
#4866 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

My NIB find was picked up by shipping company yesterday. Shes on the way. I should officially be in the club pretty soon. So excited!!
[quoted image]

Ich freue mich sehr für Dich!
Prost!

AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
#4867 7 months ago

She's home and has fresh code installed!

16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
#4868 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

[quoted image]

Awesome! Glad she arrived safely!

#4869 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

[quoted image]

New code for everyone?

#4870 7 months ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

New code for everyone?

Well, mine was NIB so it had old code installed. WAY old code..... lol. The original black rubbers were already chalky and one in the back was split upon my initial inspection. I'll have to take a look at the manufacture date, but I bet it's 2018. There are definitely advantages to buying a well cared for used machine.

This machine is an ASS KICKER btw. I put quite a few games on it and never saw corkscrew or beer Barrel multiball even one time.

Edit: May 2019 assembly date, so, almost 2.5 years old in a box in a warehouse.

#4871 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Well, mine was NIB so it had old code installed. WAY old code..... lol. The original black rubbers were already chalky and one in the back was split upon my initial inspection. I'll have to take a look at the manufacture date, but I bet it's 2018. There are definitely advantages to buying a well cared for used machine.
This machine is an ASS KICKER btw. I put quite a few games on it and never saw corkscrew or beer Barrel multiball even one time.
Edit: May 2019 assembly date, so, almost 2.5 years old in a box in a warehouse.

Make sure, the machine is not too upright. It's supposed to be lower than a Stern and you need the side to side action from the slings for the cork screw stand-ups.
Adjust the sling power if necessary, so they don't produce just drainbows.
Also, for the upper flipper there is an alternative coil stop that changes the angle of the flipper and makes the barrel shot significantly easier. I got it through my distributor for free.

#4872 7 months ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Make sure, the machine is not too upright. It's supposed to be lower than a Stern and you need the side to side action from the slings for the cork screw stand-ups.
Adjust the sling power if necessary, so they don't produce just drainbows.
Also, for the upper flipper there is an alternative coil stop that changes the angle of the flipper and makes the barrel shot significantly easier. I got it through my distributor for free.

Excellent tip on the coil stop. I'll call american today since I'm ordering a shaker motor and knocker from them. I have the slope set at about 6.7° and the side drains seem reasonable. I also bumped up the upper flipper coil strength 3 or 4 numbers which made the barrel ramp doable. Now, it's timing. I used medium factory presets, but may cave in and change that to easy just so I can progress further. I'll try to play better first though

#4873 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Excellent tip on the coil stop. I'll call american today since I'm ordering a shaker motor and knocker from them. I have the slope set at about 6.7° and the side drains seem reasonable. I also bumped up the upper flipper coil strength 3 or 4 numbers which made the barrel ramp doable. Now, it's timing. I used medium factory presets, but may cave in and change that to easy just so I can progress further. I'll try to play better first though

I changed score awards to add more extra balls, which makes it more fun!

#4874 7 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I have the slope set at about 6.7°

Please note that the designer's recommended slope for Oktoberfest is more like 6.0°, not 6.7°. Having the game much steeper than it was designed for will certainly impact your ability to shoot the ramps as intended.

#4875 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Please note that the designer's recommended slope for Oktoberfest is more like 6.0°, not 6.7°. Having the game much steeper than it was designed for will certainly impact your ability to shoot the ramps as intended.

6.0 per the designer, good to know. I'll lower it down tonight. Thanks!

#4876 7 months ago

The intention is that you can put all the levelers on all the legs fully in, and that should be the correct slope … then just adjust the levelers to attain level left-to-right. Of course verify all that as usual, but that’s how the cabinets are supposed to be set up.

Hope you love your new game!

#4877 7 months ago

Oktoberfest has been my "one more game" game lately. Bought it in May and already have 1300 plays on it. Really enjoying learning the gameplay strategies and the shots. At first I wasn't really thrilled about the theme, but it has really grown on me to the point that my wife and I are quoting some of the callouts even when we're not playing. I think my wife is a bit jealous of Inga's... personality.

I noticed a little chipping around the scoop so I finally got around to installing the Cliffy protectors that I've had laying around. It was a bit of a PITA to install the scoop one (had to loosen the subways underneath, remove wire forms and plastics etc). Got me to thinking, I would have gladly payed extra $$ to have the scoop (and maybe others) factory installed. Something to think about API especially for new builds and upcoming games.

#4878 7 months ago
Quoted from GSones:

I finally got around to installing the Cliffy protectors that I've had laying around. It was a bit of a PITA to install the scoop one (had to loosen the subways underneath, remove wire forms and plastics etc).

I actually ended up uninstalling my scoop Cliffy. Found that it interfered with "Last Call" and any other time the ball was moving very slow - the Cliffy deflected the ball from entering the scoop. YMMV

#4879 7 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The intention is that you can put all the levelers on all the legs fully in, and that should be the correct slope … then just adjust the levelers to attain level left-to-right. Of course verify all that as usual, but that’s how the cabinets are supposed to be set up.
Hope you love your new game!

Changed out the old rubbers to Titans, gapped the slings a bit wider so not so sensitive, and most importantly adjusted the playfield to 6°. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! To be honest, I was a bit frustrated with how difficult the game was at first. Now it's super fun, I'm able to actually progress a bit, see more modes, collect more steins, etc... Any slope approaching 7° is just a game killer on this machine. Also noticed my machine was set on "family friendly" speech. That had to go immediately. Now I just need to play enough to hear all of Ingas sly comments. Well done AP!

Oh!! And a stein to make PROST letters easier to collect would be pretty sweet.

#4880 7 months ago

So, authentic knockers on pinball machines scare my wife very badly. Not sure why. Even when she knows it's coming, she jumps and let's out a little scream and sometimes curses at the machine! Well, for the first week of Owning Oktoberfest, there was no mechanical knocker installed. Guess what I put in over the weekend. First two player game with her, first tent, I select duck hunting. She about shit herself and had to leave the room!! I get so much joy from such occurrences.

#4881 7 months ago

Authentic Knockers are best.

#4882 7 months ago

Is there any word when the update will be available for Oktoberfest that has the features shown on Houdini?

#4883 7 months ago

We'll be starting the beta test of the next Oktoberfest code release in the next couple weeks.

#4885 6 months ago

Just got informed my new machine is going to be delayed into the new year, due to a lack of a certain part.

Congrats you made my anticipation grow even more!

Maybe it'll have the new code?

What will you be testing/adding anyways?

Cheers!

#4886 6 months ago

The marquee feature of the next code release is support for Co-Op play, but there are some other bug fixes and bits of polish here and there that will also be added... trying to respond to feedback from our customers, as we always try to do, plus some of our own internal wish list items.

#4887 6 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The marquee feature of the next code release is support for Co-Op play, but there are some other bug fixes and bits of polish here and there that will also be added... trying to respond to feedback from our customers, as we always try to do, plus some of our own internal wish list items.

One of those bug fixes wouldn't be for the LED under the Food frenzy Tent insert would it? Mine strobes the wrong color when in attract mode, along with one of the GI bulbs under the left return lane. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to get it sorted.

#4888 6 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

One of those bug fixes wouldn't be for the LED under the Food frenzy Tent insert would it? Mine strobes the wrong color when in attract mode, along with one of the GI bulbs under the left return lane. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to get it sorted.

Are the colors correct when in lamp test mode? Could be that they are wired up wrong.

#4889 6 months ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Are the colors correct when in lamp test mode? Could be that they are wired up wrong.

Not sure, I havnt owned the game long and I've just been playing the hell out of it, LOL. I'll have to test that out and see if it yields any answers

1 week later
#4890 6 months ago

OK, everyone, I need some wisdom. I'm an average player. So far I haven't been able to score very well. The best I've managed is 3.8 million. I achieved both multiballs, completed a few tents (visited many), collected well over 50 ducks, etc.. Regarding steins, I've been going for 3x on lighting outline saves first, then 3x making ducks easy to collect, then usually increase spinner value and increase pop value. So, all that being said, a friend of mine comes over last night who's also an average player. He's never seen an Oktoberfest, and managed to run up a score of over 11 million on his first game. What kills me is he only got 1 multiball and didn't do too well on the jackpots, collected around 40 ducks, completed 1 tent (visited many), and didn't pay 1 bit of attention to what steins he was collecting. I can't put my finger on how his score went so high?! I'm looking for some scoring strategies here. Help me out fellow festers!

#4891 6 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

OK, everyone, I need some wisdom. I'm an average player. So far I haven't been able to score very well. The best I've managed is 3.8 million. I achieved both multiballs, completed a few tents (visited many), collected well over 50 ducks, etc.. Regarding steins, I've been going for 3x on lighting outline saves first, then 3x making ducks easy to collect, then usually increase spinner value and increase pop value. So, all that being said, a friend of mine comes over last night who's also an average player. He's never seen an Oktoberfest, and managed to run up a score of over 11 million on his first game. What kills me is he only got 1 multiball and didn't do too well on the jackpots, collected around 40 ducks, completed 1 tent (visited many), and didn't pay 1 bit of attention to what steins he was collecting. I can't put my finger on how his score went so high?! I'm looking for some scoring strategies here. Help me out fellow festers!

Sounds like me LOL.
I do back flip the left orbit a lot from the left flipper to get those TAP lanes more the multipliers. and love to combine the bumpers with a multiball when i can. Instead of outlanes, I like more time in tents to boost completing them as well as better scores in the tent. That being said, I'm NOT a big gun at all.

#4892 6 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

a score of over 11 million on his first game. What kills me is he only got 1 multiball and didn't do too well on the jackpots, collected around 40 ducks, completed 1 tent (visited many), and didn't pay 1 bit of attention to what steins he was collecting. I can't put my finger on how his score went so high?! I'm looking for some scoring strategies here. Help me out fellow festers!

all this in 1 great ball, and than big bonus !?
i got 160M in bonus when scoring my hi of 222M... (and it was a huge ball of course)

#4893 6 months ago

Will the next batch of Oktoberfest potentially be available around the 1st quarter of 2022 or later in 2022? My distributor was unsure of when they would receive the next shipment in 2022.

#4894 6 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Will the next batch of Oktoberfest potentially be available around the 1st quarter of 2022 or later in 2022? My distributor was unsure of when they would receive the next shipment in 2022.

Good luck finding out. I'm ready to purchase a Oktoberfest fully loaded right now. But I have paid in full for a Hot Wheels fully loaded and can't get confirmation when I'm going to receive it. So no way will I put up more money until I find out when it ships. Can't get straight answer from distributor or American Pinball. Leaving message on phone not working for me!

#4895 6 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Good luck finding out. I'm ready to purchase a Oktoberfest fully loaded right now. But I have paid in full for a Hot Wheels fully loaded and can't get confirmation when I'm going to receive it. So no way will I put up more money until I find out when it ships. Can't get straight answer from distributor or American Pinball. Leaving message on phone not working for me!

I would think a NIB hot wheels would be pretty easy to find right now with a little digging around.

#4896 6 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I would think a NIB hot wheels would be pretty easy to find right now with a little digging around.

I've already purchased one, paid in full. Just can't get a delivery date from all party's. Yes my old distributor that I've used for years has a few but after my last pin from him 2 months ago I've dropped him like a hot potato.

#4897 6 months ago

Need a couple things you've had your eye on? Topper light perhaps

BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
#4898 5 months ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

Just got informed my new machine is going to be delayed into the new year, due to a lack of a certain part.
Congrats you made my anticipation grow even more!
Maybe it'll have the new code?
What will you be testing/adding anyways?
Cheers!

so from what you said,there are no new ready to ship octoberfests at the moment ? do you have a date ? considering this as our next pin, thanks

#4899 5 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I have always had great response from AP with questions or if they couldn't tell me something they responded and said so. Service is always first rate and I had good luck with Sales information from Michael Grant. Michael has left AP and he was a great asset and communicator.

I have been trying to find out any information regarding a set price for the LOV Classic edition but never got any response from David Fix. Distro's have no idea either as no information has been given to them. A bit disappointed in this.

I bought the first three games from AP but not knowing what the official pricing will be on the classic edition is not encouraging - or at least not even getting the courtesy of any response. The Deluxe edition looks nice, but I was interested in the less frills and something that calls to my typical budget.

Communication from the sales end of the operation has seemed to have gone on hiatus. Not the stellar usual I have been accustomed too.

Hats off though to Dave - brenna98, and Rosh and Ferret. Those guys are fantastic !

#4900 5 months ago

I want to use coupon code BLKFRIDAY2021 just to get a 20% faster response on my Hot Wheels. I not concerned if it's 4 or 8 more weeks. Just looking for a straight answer, like (yes we have your payment in full from XXX and you game will be on line in .....)

And yes a shout out to Dave - brenna98 for the information I received regarding a question I had about 2 weeks ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dewitt, MI
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 8,124.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 4,978 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!