(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 100.
#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Hello people of Oktoberfest. Tomorrow, if the truck shows up as scheduled, I'll be an official member of the family. I've been a longtime Houdini owner and fan and decided to pull the pin on a NIB Oktoberfest. I've only played it a few times at TPF (when it first came out) and have recently been watching a bunch of gameplay videos so I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into the shots and rules. I will say that one of my deciding factors was the fantastic support and online presence I've seen with Houdini so hats off to the API team for your hard work and dedication. As soon as I get it set up and sorted out, I'll start adding a few mods to it. The Shaker and knocker are a no-brainer but I don't see too many other 3rd party mods floating around out there. Any good ones that you can recommend? Anyway, looking forward to playing some one-handed pinball to celebrate (boy does that sound... strange).

Congrats! there isn't a lot, but scroll through the pics. lots of small personal touches.
There is a downloadable set to wrap the posts and do flags, I found straws to use, and mounted a couple flags.
I added these, and love the look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1184-filament-printing/03712-oktoberfest-coin-door-reject-button-replacements

#4752 2 years ago

I made this video to help owners troubleshoot lock switches and show how shiny chrome balls can cause trough problems on games with magnets.

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Hello people of Oktoberfest. Tomorrow, if the truck shows up as scheduled, I'll be an official member of the family. I've been a longtime Houdini owner and fan and decided to pull the pin on a NIB Oktoberfest. I've only played it a few times at TPF (when it first came out) and have recently been watching a bunch of gameplay videos so I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into the shots and rules. I will say that one of my deciding factors was the fantastic support and online presence I've seen with Houdini so hats off to the API team for your hard work and dedication. As soon as I get it set up and sorted out, I'll start adding a few mods to it. The Shaker and knocker are a no-brainer but I don't see too many other 3rd party mods floating around out there. Any good ones that you can recommend? Anyway, looking forward to playing some one-handed pinball to celebrate (boy does that sound... strange).

Whats else is there to add? Ok,if you play in a dark arcade room like mine you need Neo Pinstadiums. The white diffused light brightens up the playfield like a bowling alley beautifully. Otherwise its sort of dark and you can't see all the stuff going on in the art. The flashing lights setting on roller coaster multiball is rewarding.

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Whats else is there to add? Ok,if you play in a dark arcade room like mine you need Neo Pinstadiums. The white diffused light brightens up the playfield like a bowling alley beautifully. Otherwise its sort of dark and you can't see all the stuff going on in the art. The flashing lights setting on roller coaster multiball is rewarding.

Thanks for the recommendation and I just ordered a set of Neo Pinstadiums. I'm curious, what lights do you hook yours up to? Also any tips or warnings about the installation or any other advice.

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Would love to see a video of the pinstadiums with that during roller coaster multiball!

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Would love to see a video of the pinstadiums with that during roller coaster multiball!

I"ll see what I can do this weekend, you need to have 2 hands, also the UV glow flash doesn't come out on video as well. I think I attached the clips to the vux but Scott at pinstadium can tell you.

2 weeks later
#4757 2 years ago

I have only purchased two new pins in my life. Here is number 2!

20210418_152620 (resized).jpg20210418_152620 (resized).jpg20210418_160522 (resized).jpg20210418_160522 (resized).jpg
#4758 2 years ago

Thanks for buying Oktoberfest... we hope you love the game!

#4759 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks for buying Oktoberfest... we hope you love the game!

Thank you.

Ein Glas Heben!

20210418_173000 (resized).jpg20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
#4760 2 years ago

Still gives me goosbumps when I see new ones,reminds me of that great day I got mine.

#4761 2 years ago

Poor Otto needed a makeover.
Before
20210421_074633 (resized).jpg20210421_074633 (resized).jpg
20210421_074638 (resized).jpg20210421_074638 (resized).jpg

And after
20210421_153110 (resized).jpg20210421_153110 (resized).jpg
20210421_153125 (resized).jpg20210421_153125 (resized).jpg

#4762 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Poor Otto needed a makeover.

Very nice work!!! Quite impressive.

For anyone else feeling creative, both unpainted and painted Otto heads are now available in the American Pinball web store: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/oktoberfest-otto-head-toy0012-00?_pos=1&_sid=7d5f69be0&_ss=r

#4763 2 years ago

Do you have to complete all the tent modes with a green light before you can enter flipper Meister? I had a great game and had visited all tents, with only a few lit in green, some yellow, and the flipper Meister insert was lit but I could not enter the mode. It kept cycling through the other modes. I looked in the manual and it doesn't say anything about having to complete them. Is it a setting perhaps?

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Do you have to complete all the tent modes with a green light before you can enter flipper Meister? I had a great game and had visited all tents, with only a few lit in green, some yellow, and the flipper Meister insert was lit but I could not enter the mode. It kept cycling through the other modes. I looked in the manual and it doesn't say anything about having to complete them. Is it a setting perhaps?

no, only start them all

#4765 2 years ago

Are you sure visited them all? A beer colored insert means you have the Stein for that tent, bright yellow means you visited it.

#4766 2 years ago

Silly me. That's what is happening. I think I had a few beer colored tents. I thought I had played through them all since they were all lit.

Love this pin.

#4767 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Silly me. That's what is happening. I think I had a few beer colored tents. I thought I had played through them all since they were all lit.
Love this pin.

than it was not a so "great game" !? (lol inside) ...

1 week later
#4768 2 years ago

Adjust a shout out and a love letter to the folks at AP. You make phenomenal machines as with an excellent build quality and have a perfect balance between price and features. More to the point, thank you so very much for being receptive to your customers and adding the additional (traditional) background music tracks. They add so much to the experience of Oktoberfest. You make machines that I am proud to have in my basment and am anxiously waiting for your future titles..Prost!

PS The original theme music is enjoyable as well. It goes perfectly with the other tracks.

20210504_205019 (resized).jpg20210504_205019 (resized).jpg
#4770 2 years ago

What! This is an outrage. I can't beleive it. It's like another year without Santa Claus. Luckily we have the game to fill the loss. Great marketing opportunity!

#4771 2 years ago

My captive ball broke. Is there any “easy” way to replace it? It looks like I’ll need to go through quite a few layers in order to get in there.

Also, I am having issues with my coaster ramp opto. It registers with slight vibrations. I know how to fix it, but again…I can’t see a way to get in there and check it out.

If anyone has a guide or pictures let me know. I would normally go take everything apart, but the machine is on location and that tends to be a pain.

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My captive ball broke. Is there any “easy” way to replace it? It looks like I’ll need to go through quite a few layers in order to get in there.
Also, I am having issues with my coaster ramp opto. It registers with slight vibrations. I know how to fix it, but again…I can’t see a way to get in there and check it out.

The captive ball is held with a nylon nut under the playfield. Extracting the broken one should not be difficult, but you’ll need to remove parts to install the new one.

Start by pulling up on the Otto head. He’s just held with magnets.
From there remove the screws holding the bar molding, slide forward under the wireform. Same goes for the bar base.

From there, you can access fasteners to the plastic below. Take pics as you go for reference.

As for the opto. There’s two 1/4” head screws to remove. The coaster opto is plug H on the board just above it.

1A6FEA4F-7D85-4390-AA9D-95F516B63BBE (resized).jpeg1A6FEA4F-7D85-4390-AA9D-95F516B63BBE (resized).jpeg25B98C3F-FF64-444D-ACF6-7CC12BA88367 (resized).jpeg25B98C3F-FF64-444D-ACF6-7CC12BA88367 (resized).jpeg84C839CB-ADC8-41ED-8872-23991DB42DFE (resized).jpeg84C839CB-ADC8-41ED-8872-23991DB42DFE (resized).jpeg
#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Did the ball just come off the post it's pressed on ? If so a little 5 minute epoxy and stick that sucker back on there.

If the post broke, then you'd need a new one. brenna98 mentioned removal above.

LTG : )

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did the ball just come off the post it's pressed on ? If so a little 5 minute epoxy and stick that sucker back on there.
If the post broke, then you'd need a new one. brenna98 mentioned removal above.
LTG : )

It is still on there, but no longer attached. Since the hole in the wood is slightly smaller than the thick part of the shaft that attaches to the ball, it still "works". I figured I could get some JB weld on there and it would be great but I was looking for a cheat to re-install it from the top down . Like brenna98 said, you need to remove quite a bit in order to properly install it. I'll have to figure out how to do the surgery in the wild or else I'll pack it up and swap it with a game from home.

brenna98 thank you for the tips on the coaster opto! I'll have to take a look at that and figure out exactly what is going on.

#4775 2 years ago

Nudge, bump, or slap...

20210423_163724 (resized).jpg20210423_163724 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Nudge, bump, or slap...
[quoted image]

Slide left to save it (but I don't recommend sliding games).

-Michael

#4777 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Slide left to save it (but I don't recommend sliding games).
-Michael

that's part of the game (if the TILT is nicely set up)

1 week later
#4778 2 years ago

well, i traded my Jurassic Park Pro for an Oktoberfest yesterday!
This is a really fun game. Looking forward to learning all about it!

#4779 2 years ago

Glad you're enjoying it so far -- hope you love it even more as you dig into it!

2 weeks later
#4780 2 years ago

Any of you have a recommendations for pinballs to use when I replace the old ones?
I was looking at the SilverJets, but it mentions:
"SILVERJET™ pinballs may retain magnetism if the game has magnet features."

Is that a problem since Oktoberfest has magnets?

#4781 2 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Any of you have a recommendations for pinballs to use when I replace the old ones?
I was looking at the SilverJets, but it mentions:
"SILVERJET™ pinballs may retain magnetism if the game has magnet features."
Is that a problem since Oktoberfest has magnets?

Yes that will cause an issue. Get balls that say carbon steel.

#4782 2 years ago

Some things I think should be addressed on the next update.
Scoring is too low. I played 6.5 minutes with a beer barrel multiball and my score was 438k, next game played 8.5 minutes and it was 338k.
The counter for how many times you need to complete a task is way too tiny. No one can read how many hits left for pop bumper car tent while playing. It should take up most of the screen or have a graph like Stern does.
Spelling Oktoberfest and Tent does little for me and I dont even bother with them since I don't notice it effecting my score much.
Playfield multiplier, I think I have gotten 3X maybe once in 3 years. It goes up to 5x? Good luck. Maybe a stein can double?
Sometimes when I play or if someone playing on location who doesnt know, there is a lul where there is nothing going on or what to shoot at, no tent lights or anything, needs to be some direction there. Otherwise I'm just smacking the ball until something lights up.
One of the reasons I bought this game was how cool there were ball save targets above the lanes but I feel they barely come in play or not sensitive enough? Nudging hasn't helped.
If the ball gets stuck on the barrel ramp it should be able to be placed in the barrel and not the shooter lane. Otherwise it looses track of balls.
I feel unless your score gets over 2 million or more the points than start to rack up all of a sudden.
Maybe I need to watch a tutorial but if I have a stein for a tent it should make it easier like less hits for bumper cars or less fill ups for tap it etc. Right now I don't notice much of a difference?
Thanks

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Some things I think should be addressed on the next update.
Scoring is too low. I played 6.5 minutes with a beer barrel multiball and my score was 438k, next game played 8.5 minutes and it was 338k.
The counter for how many times you need to complete a task is way too tiny. No one can read how many hits left for pop bumper car tent while playing. It should take up most of the screen or have a graph like Stern does.
Spelling Oktoberfest and Tent does little for me and I dont even bother with them since I don't notice it effecting my score much.
Playfield multiplier, I think I have gotten 3X maybe once in 3 years. It goes up to 5x? Good luck. Maybe a stein can double?
Sometimes when I play or if someone playing on location who doesnt know, there is a lul where there is nothing going on or what to shoot at, no tent lights or anything, needs to be some direction there. Otherwise I'm just smacking the ball until something lights up.
One of the reasons I bought this game was how cool there were ball save targets above the lanes but I feel they barely come in play or not sensitive enough? Nudging hasn't helped.
If the ball gets stuck on the barrel ramp it should be able to be placed in the barrel and not the shooter lane. Otherwise it looses track of balls.
I feel unless your score gets over 2 million or more the points than start to rack up all of a sudden.
Maybe I need to watch a tutorial but if I have a stein for a tent it should make it easier like less hits for bumper cars or less fill ups for tap it etc. Right now I don't notice much of a difference?
Thanks

Each stein does two things, it benefits some aspect of game play (e.g. easier to light outlane saves, easier to spell Oktoberfest, easier playfield multipliers, etc.) AND it also acts a multiplier for a tent. If you have one stein for a tent, scoring in that tent is doubled, if you have two of the stein, then tripled . . . Multiple of the same steins can also help with the 'boost' as well.

In addition Ducks act as a score enhancer in all tents, more ducks = higher scores. So do you might go for AbbyNirmal early, which make ducks easier to collect, or do you go for KernenMeister for easier ball saves (something I often do) or do you triple up on Frosty Ferret for huge jackpots in Beer Barrel Multiball. But if you are going to load up on a stein, then also decide when to play that tent to be sure to take full advantage. Of course playing tents you don't have a stein for are then lower scoring -- so choose wisely!

So may different ways to go about it . . .
Maybe go for Sloshed Rosh Logger for easier Oktoberfest letters and locks so you get more skill shot chances and more steins.

How about Engler Pale Ale, for more time in tents. Keep in mind completing a tent can have an big impact on bonus, especially completing multiple tents on one ball. Plus all tents have 'victory laps'. So, more time in tents whether via Engler Pale Ale or by collecting TENT letters while in the tent (which add time to the clock), can help you get a victory and those victory laps.

Did you complete a few tents on the ball, might be good to pick, up a Reclab Redrum Stout to make it easier to advance bonus X.

I should mention that Ducks don't help multiballs, but calories do! So loading up calories via the food stand modes will make your MB jackpots bigger.

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Spelling either O-K-T-O-B-E-R or F-E-S-T lights one lock on the Corkscrew ramp. Spelling them both lights all 3 locks on the Corkscrew ramp. Spelling T-E-N-T lights Visit Tent on the scoop. (Shooting the unlit Visit Tent scoop also spots letters in T-E-N-T.) T-E-N-T letters during a tent mode add time (AND carry over to make it easier to start the next tent mode). None of these things are hugely point valuable on their own, though there is an X-in-a-row sweep bonus on the O-K-T-O-B-E-R F-E-S-T letters... if you can sweep 5 or 6 or 7 of them in one shot (yes, all 7 at once is possible!) it's a fun little point bonus, and of course immensely satisfying.

Of course, the O-K-T-O-B-E-R F-E-S-T letters also come into play during the Ring Toss tent, which can actually be hugely valuable... my wife especially loves that tent, she's gotten several million on that alone.

Quoted from Viggin900:

This was changed in the last code release... the Baker Street Ale stein used to just add time to Playfield X, but now it adds (a little less) time and also gives an extra +1 playfield X for each stein... so if you have 3 Baker Street Ales, a single completion of T-A-P will immediately jump to 5X Playfield!

Quoted from Viggin900:

One thing you might check is if the foam is pretty stiff... those targets never get a really hard hit from the ball, so the foam is probably still pretty fresh and dense, making it harder to close the switch... you can play with adjusting the switches, trying to compress the foam by hand, shaving off a sliver of foam with an exacto knife, etc. You can also tweak Settings > Oktoberfest > Initial Outlane Target Hits for Save and Max Outlane Target Hits for Save.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Nothing magical about 2M points. IMHO, biggest key to big scores: win several tent modes on the same ball. Tent Win Bonus can get insane.

Have fun!

#4785 2 years ago

Danke for the pointers guys. I think I hit a rut for many months,trying different tents that I didn't have a stein to. I think I will try your route. I probably need to be more diverse in my stein choices. I just keep choosing longer tent time and outlane save everytime because I feel it is
more beneficial to my style of playing. I stink st the tents using loops so Iv been geared toward the ones that target the middle of the field.
I definitly think the counter for completing a tent needs to be much larger. Seeing it in front of me adds more intensity and thrill while playing, although people like watching the animations?

#4786 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I probably need to be more diverse in my stein choices. I just keep choosing longer tent time and outlane save everytime because I feel it is
more beneficial to my style of playing. I stink st the tents using loops so Iv been geared toward the ones that target the middle of the field.

Oh, definitely play around with your stein choices, that's one of the major ways to have fun with the game!

You prefer middle of the field shots rather than the outer shots? No problem, let's talk about that. One of my personal favorite choices for first stein is Frosty Ferret. (OK, I may be a bit biased. ) This boosts Beer Barrel MB Jackpots, and also boosts Duck Hunt scoring. The Duck Hunt tent has a "secret" power of awarding you extra ducks for hits on the duck targets, so if you can hit a half-dozen duck targets, you might wind up with (after the win bonus) 15 or more ducks... solid points, and scoring permanently boosted for all tents, because that's what ducks do. OK, what next? Well, maybe go for a Freak Show Rooster stein. This boosts Corkscrew MB Jackpots, and also boosts Target Shooting scoring. Target Shooting is on the P-R-O-S-T targets, that's certainly towards the middle of the field... fire away! Hopefully you won both of those tents and have some decent points (and decent bonus awaiting you too), and you have also boosted jackpot values for both of the major multiballs.

What next? Ish Pale Ale might be tempting... that reduces the number of bar hits needed to open the bar for future steins (which becomes more useful once you have a few steins and it takes several bar hits to open the bar), and boosts scoring of Sky Slide, which is literally the most middle of the field shot on the game.

Maybe by now, you're close to starting either Beer Barrel and/or Corkscrew Multiballs... you surely want to prep for those. There's a couple ways to go here... you can double or triple up on the Frosty Ferret and/or Freak Show Rooster steins to further boost those multiball jackpots -- possibly wasting the tent boost abilities of those steins, if you've already won those tents -- or you can go in a different direction and get the Buschbrau and/or Abby Nirmal Cider steins to boost the "frenzy" tents (Füd Frenzy and Bumper Cars) which are great to bring into a multiball. Or... get a snack! Food Stand mini-modes get you points and also some calories, which boost the jackpot values of BOTH Beer Barrel and Corkscrew multiballs.

Don't forget that you can take as many as 3 of the same stein, don't be afraid to do that!

All of this is super fun under any circumstance, but becomes even more fun when playing with friends, and you watch what strategy they're taking with stein and tent selections... oooh, they made some choices that you weren't expecting. Are you gonna double down on the strategy you had planned, or do something different to counter what your opponent is doing?

Have fun with it! Oktoberfest is one of the broadest AND deepest pins ever created... while I totally understand how you can settle into the groove of your preferred strategy, IMHO you'll have much more fun exploring the different possibilities.

Quoted from Viggin900:

I definitly think the counter for completing a tent needs to be much larger. Seeing it in front of me adds more intensity and thrill while playing, although people like watching the animations?

Are you talking about the status strip at the bottom of the screen that gives instructions on what to shoot for, and how many more <whatevers> are needed to win the current tent mode? I futzed with that quite a bit to balance conveying a bunch of information vs being readable vs not obscuring the graphics... not sure we can make it "much" larger and still provide all the information, but I'll see if we can make it a bit bigger in future releases. Thanks for the feedback!

#4787 2 years ago

Howdy yall! Anyone have measurements of it when the head is folded down? About the same height as a stern? Ive got a Honda Pilot I'd be putting it in.

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Howdy yall! Anyone have measurements of it when the head is folded down? About the same height as a stern? Ive got a Honda Pilot I'd be putting it in.

It has pretty much the same dimensions as a standard stern pin.

#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

It has pretty much the same dimensions as a standard stern pin.

Awesome! Thank you.

#4790 2 years ago

Any specific issues I should look for? Trading tomorrow for one. Pretty pumped.

#4791 2 years ago

I had no idea that the rotating figure on my Oktoberfest playfield was supposed to be Otto. I bought an unpainted Otto head figure from American Pinball and had it painted to much better match the Otto graphics shown in the back glass and video displays. The very talented artist I hired, who created the Oktoberfest themed rubber duck riders for the bumper cars, did an incredible job of painting the Otto figure so it looks like the Otto in the back glass and video displays artwork. Super detailing of the facial hair now painted gray, black orange, and yellow bands on the hat and the shirt painted in plaid colors now were all included on the custom paint work done by the artist. I will post a side by side of the original Otto and the custom painted one once the figure is sent back to me.

20210611_160530 (resized).jpg20210611_160530 (resized).jpg
#4792 2 years ago

Just traded an Avengers Pro for an Oktoberfest and love it! One issue that has happened in a few games is that a ball keep getting stuck on the right roll-over switch on the way out of the pop bumpers. Any ideas?

Also has anyone set up lights for the topper yet? I'd love to get that lit up!

Dang what a fun game!

20210614_065249 (resized).jpg20210614_065249 (resized).jpg
#4793 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

With the help of AP I got it lit up using a bendable metal bracket and 12v led light strip that daisy chains right into the lights in the back box. It isn’t dramatic like some of today’s crazy toppers but definitely makes for a nice and easy accent to the game.

#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

One issue that has happened in a few games is that a ball keep getting stuck on the right roll-over switch on the way out of the pop bumpers. Any ideas?

For the rollover: review the wire that actuates the micro switch. With a switch adjustment tool, you can gently bend this down some more so the wire requires less push from the ball to actuate the switch.

Topper lighting: we have the parts for kits; just need to assemble and get them listed on the API store.

#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

For the rollover: review the wire that actuates the micro switch. With a switch adjustment tool, you can gently bend this down some more so the wire requires less push from the ball to actuate the switch.
Topper lighting: we have the parts for kits; just need to assemble and get them listed on the API store.

Fantastic! Y'all are great! I dont know of any other company that is as involved at this level than y'all are. Thank you
I'll work on that switch and see what I can do.
I'm excited about the light kit.
Absolutely love this game!

20210613_200902 (resized).jpg20210613_200902 (resized).jpg20210614_065750 (resized).jpg20210614_065750 (resized).jpg
#4796 2 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue where the ball will auto plunge after locking a ball? I’d say it happens 1 out of 4 times. It never happens when it kicks out a ball for ball 1, 2, 3, or extra ball. ONLY after a ball is locked. Happens for both rollercoaster lock and beer barrel. I feel like it happens more often when I double flip to skip the lock animation. But also happens sometimes when I don’t skip it. Again, never for a normal ball in play, because if that was the case I’d assume it was the optos in the ball trough. But since it’s only after ball locks, I know it’s not an opto issue. Anyone else have this happen?

#4797 2 years ago

In the club!! Bought one from a great pinsider in Wisconsin...only have played about 20 games on it but am blown away. Instant AP fan. Looking forward to ready through this thread and other tutorials......so much to do! Great job to everyone that worked on this game!!

#4798 2 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. Struggling to hit the upper ramp. Think I only locked one ball in the keg.

20210620_160449 (resized).jpg20210620_160449 (resized).jpg
#4799 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Struggling to hit the upper ramp. Think I only locked one ball in the keg.

It’ll come to you. Just takes a little getting used to. Also good to make sure that the play field is waxed nicely. Every little bit of speed up that ramp helps.

Enjoy the game!

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

It’ll come to you. Just takes a little getting used to. Also good to make sure that the play field is waxed nicely. Every little bit of speed up that ramp helps.
Enjoy the game!

What is the coil stop fix I saw a few posts about? Can I get that from AP?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/96?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.