(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,771 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210504_205019 (resized).jpg
20210421_153125 (resized).jpg
20210421_153110 (resized).jpg
20210421_074638 (resized).jpg
20210421_074633 (resized).jpg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
20210418_160522 (resized).jpg
20210418_152620 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210329_171759366_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20210329_171747274_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20210328_211459234_TOP (resized).jpg
IMG_9335 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9334 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9300 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9288 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9287 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4771 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.
#4751 43 days ago
Quoted from GSones:

Hello people of Oktoberfest. Tomorrow, if the truck shows up as scheduled, I'll be an official member of the family. I've been a longtime Houdini owner and fan and decided to pull the pin on a NIB Oktoberfest. I've only played it a few times at TPF (when it first came out) and have recently been watching a bunch of gameplay videos so I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into the shots and rules. I will say that one of my deciding factors was the fantastic support and online presence I've seen with Houdini so hats off to the API team for your hard work and dedication. As soon as I get it set up and sorted out, I'll start adding a few mods to it. The Shaker and knocker are a no-brainer but I don't see too many other 3rd party mods floating around out there. Any good ones that you can recommend? Anyway, looking forward to playing some one-handed pinball to celebrate (boy does that sound... strange).

Congrats! there isn't a lot, but scroll through the pics. lots of small personal touches.
There is a downloadable set to wrap the posts and do flags, I found straws to use, and mounted a couple flags.
I added these, and love the look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1184-filament-printing/03712-oktoberfest-coin-door-reject-button-replacements

#4752 43 days ago

I made this video to help owners troubleshoot lock switches and show how shiny chrome balls can cause trough problems on games with magnets.

#4753 43 days ago
Quoted from GSones:

Hello people of Oktoberfest. Tomorrow, if the truck shows up as scheduled, I'll be an official member of the family. I've been a longtime Houdini owner and fan and decided to pull the pin on a NIB Oktoberfest. I've only played it a few times at TPF (when it first came out) and have recently been watching a bunch of gameplay videos so I'm really looking forward to digging deeper into the shots and rules. I will say that one of my deciding factors was the fantastic support and online presence I've seen with Houdini so hats off to the API team for your hard work and dedication. As soon as I get it set up and sorted out, I'll start adding a few mods to it. The Shaker and knocker are a no-brainer but I don't see too many other 3rd party mods floating around out there. Any good ones that you can recommend? Anyway, looking forward to playing some one-handed pinball to celebrate (boy does that sound... strange).

Whats else is there to add? Ok,if you play in a dark arcade room like mine you need Neo Pinstadiums. The white diffused light brightens up the playfield like a bowling alley beautifully. Otherwise its sort of dark and you can't see all the stuff going on in the art. The flashing lights setting on roller coaster multiball is rewarding.

#4754 42 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Whats else is there to add? Ok,if you play in a dark arcade room like mine you need Neo Pinstadiums. The white diffused light brightens up the playfield like a bowling alley beautifully. Otherwise its sort of dark and you can't see all the stuff going on in the art. The flashing lights setting on roller coaster multiball is rewarding.

Thanks for the recommendation and I just ordered a set of Neo Pinstadiums. I'm curious, what lights do you hook yours up to? Also any tips or warnings about the installation or any other advice.

#4755 39 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Would love to see a video of the pinstadiums with that during roller coaster multiball!

#4756 39 days ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Would love to see a video of the pinstadiums with that during roller coaster multiball!

I"ll see what I can do this weekend, you need to have 2 hands, also the UV glow flash doesn't come out on video as well. I think I attached the clips to the vux but Scott at pinstadium can tell you.

2 weeks later
#4757 24 days ago

I have only purchased two new pins in my life. Here is number 2!

20210418_152620 (resized).jpg20210418_160522 (resized).jpg
#4758 24 days ago

Thanks for buying Oktoberfest... we hope you love the game!

#4759 24 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks for buying Oktoberfest... we hope you love the game!

Thank you.

Ein Glas Heben!

20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
#4760 24 days ago

Still gives me goosbumps when I see new ones,reminds me of that great day I got mine.

#4761 21 days ago

Poor Otto needed a makeover.
Before
20210421_074633 (resized).jpg
20210421_074638 (resized).jpg

And after
20210421_153110 (resized).jpg
20210421_153125 (resized).jpg

#4762 21 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Poor Otto needed a makeover.

Very nice work!!! Quite impressive.

For anyone else feeling creative, both unpainted and painted Otto heads are now available in the American Pinball web store: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/oktoberfest-otto-head-toy0012-00?_pos=1&_sid=7d5f69be0&_ss=r

#4763 17 days ago

Do you have to complete all the tent modes with a green light before you can enter flipper Meister? I had a great game and had visited all tents, with only a few lit in green, some yellow, and the flipper Meister insert was lit but I could not enter the mode. It kept cycling through the other modes. I looked in the manual and it doesn't say anything about having to complete them. Is it a setting perhaps?

#4764 17 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Do you have to complete all the tent modes with a green light before you can enter flipper Meister? I had a great game and had visited all tents, with only a few lit in green, some yellow, and the flipper Meister insert was lit but I could not enter the mode. It kept cycling through the other modes. I looked in the manual and it doesn't say anything about having to complete them. Is it a setting perhaps?

no, only start them all

#4765 17 days ago

Are you sure visited them all? A beer colored insert means you have the Stein for that tent, bright yellow means you visited it.

#4766 17 days ago

Silly me. That's what is happening. I think I had a few beer colored tents. I thought I had played through them all since they were all lit.

Love this pin.

#4767 17 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Silly me. That's what is happening. I think I had a few beer colored tents. I thought I had played through them all since they were all lit.
Love this pin.

than it was not a so "great game" !? (lol inside) ...

1 week later
#4768 8 days ago

Adjust a shout out and a love letter to the folks at AP. You make phenomenal machines as with an excellent build quality and have a perfect balance between price and features. More to the point, thank you so very much for being receptive to your customers and adding the additional (traditional) background music tracks. They add so much to the experience of Oktoberfest. You make machines that I am proud to have in my basment and am anxiously waiting for your future titles..Prost!

PS The original theme music is enjoyable as well. It goes perfectly with the other tracks.

20210504_205019 (resized).jpg
#4770 4 days ago

What! This is an outrage. I can't beleive it. It's like another year without Santa Claus. Luckily we have the game to fill the loss. Great marketing opportunity!

#4771 3 days ago

My captive ball broke. Is there any “easy” way to replace it? It looks like I’ll need to go through quite a few layers in order to get in there.

Also, I am having issues with my coaster ramp opto. It registers with slight vibrations. I know how to fix it, but again…I can’t see a way to get in there and check it out.

If anyone has a guide or pictures let me know. I would normally go take everything apart, but the machine is on location and that tends to be a pain.

There are 4771 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside