(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,727 posts
  • 441 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Pyromedic
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 517 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B8778CD0-5EB0-4D6E-8581-9FD4F67A4127 (resized).jpeg
Black-Friday-02 (resized).jpg
okto_update_20_9_19 (resized).png
WP_20200907_18_46_15_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200907_18_46_35_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200907_18_46_24_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20200907_18_46_01_Pro (resized).jpg
426b129a7edb7249b927279948c62b8c631c62a4 (resized).jpg
20200821_164611 (resized).jpg
bee5574d590085e4d513714c782d349f (resized).jpg
WP_20200728_18_31_59_Pro (resized).jpg
switchadjust (resized).JPG
IMG_20200726_130546092 (resized).jpg
ac1586eb2b336598bfb389472c2cbc03ba9597f3 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200711_133610243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200708_005845541 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4727 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 95.
#4701 40 days ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Agree to disagree.
Art is entirely subjective. I like OKT. There's other games that everyone seems to like that I don't. But I do disagree with "weird and ugly"

Okay, you like the art. That doesn't help the terrible art direction. There's so little consistency in the interface visually. It's like a scrapbook of bad flash animations that don't even match up stylistically. And don't get me started on the fonts and font colors...

SOMETHING made the sales of Oktoberfest tank. You don't sell literally less than half Houdini (which was already barely break-even) with a hit product. I've played Oktoberfest quite a bit, and think it's ok. The only thing that's terrible is the art and art direction on screen. It's just SO BAD.

#4702 39 days ago

Is there a add a ball shot in either of the 2 main multiballs? I think this would be a great add on. Maybe let it be turned on or off in the menus.

#4703 34 days ago

The juggling tent mode starts as a two ball multiball and then you get additional balls in play as you hit the lit shots.

I know that is not exactly what you are asking for, but it is a multiball mode that lets you add balls into play.

1 week later
#4704 21 days ago

Hi, Just got an Oktoberfest and I am loving it! I have had Houdini and Hot Wheel before but I am really enjoying Oktoberfest! In my opinion, the best of the 3. Thinking about adding pinstadium lights. Is it worth it? Anyone else have them on their Oktoberfest?

#4705 21 days ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi, Just got an Oktoberfest and I am loving it! I have had Houdini and Hot Wheel before but I am really enjoying Oktoberfest! In my opinion, the best of the 3. Thinking about adding pinstadium lights. Is it worth it? Anyone else have them on their Oktoberfest?

Yes I did diy on all my games and It really helps okt makes a big difference!

#4706 21 days ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi, Just got an Oktoberfest and I am loving it! I have had Houdini and Hot Wheel before but I am really enjoying Oktoberfest! In my opinion, the best of the 3.

The three are very different in both layout and rules, so I think those who have spent time on all three have a favorite based on the style of play they like or possibly just how it fits in their lineup.

Houdini kicks your ass, but makes you come back for more, with a wide range of things to do.
Oktoberfest makes you smile, it is heavily mode driven with a huge variety in what you do in modes, and tons of strategy around steins, etc.
Hot Wheels is fast and loaded with multi balls with some key strategic aspects relative to scoring, but at the same time, very approachable.

#4707 21 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Houdini kicks your ass, but makes you come back for more, with a wide range of things to do

not mine ... i found it to be quite friendly (with some hard shots, but not punitive at all)

Quoted from rosh:

Oktoberfest makes you smile, it is heavily mode driven with a huge variety in what you do in modes, and tons of strategy around steins, etc.

ha yes ! very hard to master from a strategic point of view, so much possibilities, that you never feel to have 2 time a same game

Quoted from rosh:

Hot Wheels is fast and loaded with multi balls with some key strategic aspects relative to scoring, but at the same time, very approachable.

this one will be home a day, with no doubt !

#4708 21 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not mine ... i found it to be quite friendly (with some hard shots, but not punitive at all)

Good for you, for the average (or below average) player it absolutely is though. It became too frustrating for me as in 6 months i didn't make progress and it wasn't fun to play anymore. Sold it, even though it's probably the prettiest machine ever produced.

#4709 21 days ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Good for you, for the average (or below average) player it absolutely is though. It became too frustrating for me as in 6 months i didn't make progress and it wasn't fun to play anymore. Sold it, even though it's probably the prettiest machine ever produced.

sad to read... but OK, i understand of course
as i had that frustration sensation with TWD, the one & only one for now, not it is hard (it is of course !), but even when you make the right needeed shot, you're in danger, and more soon than later you know the ball will be out

#4710 21 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

The three are very different in both layout and rules, so I think those who have spent time on all three have a favorite based on the style of play they like or possibly just how it fits in their lineup.
Houdini kicks your ass, but makes you come back for more, with a wide range of things to do.

Rosh,
The American Pinball Machines are top of the line. I would put them right up there with JJP. Of course that is my opinion. I loved Houdini and Hot wheels but you are right with Oktoberfest, makes you smile. I like to smile, especially in these crazy times! I love the ramps!
Keep up the great work guys!!

#4711 20 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

THIS is what I love about AP!

#4712 18 days ago

Have been enjoying the first three AP games. Bring on game #4

#4713 14 days ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I put them on mine and if you are in a dark place you need them! The different color won't do you any good, I got the warm white kit and the colors really pop! Iv had some problems with the lights sticking to the side art blades but I think it may be fixed now.

#4714 14 days ago

Is there an option to shorten the ball search time?
Often I find if I open the door during game play or get a ball that is stuck it totally messes the game up and it never figures itself out?

#4715 14 days ago

There is no option to change the ball search time. Can you provide more details on the problem you’re seeing with the game getting messed up when ball search activates?

#4716 14 days ago

Tonight I opened the door, took the glass off to fix something right after ball 2 drained just before the ball spit out into the lane. When I put everything back and closed the door it took awhile for it to figure out that it had to do a ball search. It ejected the ball finally. The rest of the game it had problems realizing where the ball is. I finally turned off the game and restarted. Everything was fine then.
I have seen this issue always come up on this game. If a ball get stuck on the ramp into the barrel, if you put the ball into the barrel and start playing again it almost acts like it is short a ball and does searches? If this is common it will definitely hurt the chances of Oktoberfest to be used in tournaments.
Thanks

#4717 14 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can you provide more details on the problem you’re seeing with the game getting messed up when ball search activates?

Mine is always the beer barrel ramp. The coil stop fix helped a lot as far as making the shot, but no matter how much I tweak the power to the upper flipper either not enough power to make it up the ramp, or the ball does make it up the ramp but comes off and lands around the bar area, and I have to pull the glass down to get the ball.

I have already solved a lot of the problem myself with clear plastic tubing attached to the ramp, but just 2 nights ago the ball came off another area of the ramp.

AND, I am not even complaining at all, I love this game!

I may eventually try to enclose the whole beer barrel ramp so that the ball can not come out of it, but no hurry, what I have already done works pretty good.

If someone were to make a mod for a ramp enclosure, and it be the clear yellow to match what is there, and easy to install, I would be very interested.

This game is awesome with so many different ways to try to get a good score!

I do always try to load up on Bumper Cars first, to get more ducks for more extra balls.

Right after I did my pipe tweak to the beer barrel ramp I had a 45 mil game, my previous best was 4.6 mil. And that was mostly from multi balls during a tent mode I had already stacked for higher scoring. (like 4.6 mil in bumper cars, and 6.4 mil in fud frenzy?) (something like that).

Again, I am not complaining at all, this game is AWESOME!

I have a great game every now and then, but overall I am not too great at any machine.

It has been kind of damn... I finally made that shot and then the ball went off track and landed behind the bar and I had to pull the glass down to get it. (but a lot better after my pipe tweak).

The rollercoaster ramp has been spot on and AWESOME!

This game should be ranked in the top 15, there are just so many different ways to try to get a good score, it keeps me coming back for more.

#4718 13 days ago

Re JohnnyPinball007’s post above...when I first started using my NIB Oktoberfest last July, I was also plagued by balls coming off the barrel ramp, usually just as it was entering the keg. Like other owners suggested on this site I dialed down the upper flipper setting from 26 to 24 and used a pair of pliers to widen the sides of the metal trough where the wire forms feed into it. (See attached image).

FWIW still get an occasional flyer that your proposed modifications would likely resolve but hate to opine as to the cost of producing such a fixture for one off application. Please post an image of whatever you come up with.

B8778CD0-5EB0-4D6E-8581-9FD4F67A4127 (resized).jpeg
#4719 13 days ago

I think I'm a little confused... viggin900, I'll try to repro your fail case soon... johnnypinball007, are you experiencing the same problem as Viggin, or different?

Thanks!

#4720 13 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

are you experiencing the same problem as Viggin, or different?

Not sure.

I was mainly talking about tubing I added to the beer barrel ramp helped a lot as far as balls going off the ramp and getting stuck.

#4721 11 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Mine is always the beer barrel ramp. The coil stop fix helped a lot as far as making the shot, but no matter how much I tweak the power to the upper flipper either not enough power to make it up the ramp, or the ball does make it up the ramp but comes off and lands around the bar area, and I have to pull the glass down to get the ball.
I have already solved a lot of the problem myself with clear plastic tubing attached to the ramp, but just 2 nights ago the ball came off another area of the ramp.
AND, I am not even complaining at all, I love this game!
I may eventually try to enclose the whole beer barrel ramp so that the ball can not come out of it, but no hurry, what I have already done works pretty good.
If someone were to make a mod for a ramp enclosure, and it be the clear yellow to match what is there, and easy to install, I would be very interested.
This game is awesome with so many different ways to try to get a good score!
I do always try to load up on Bumper Cars first, to get more ducks for more extra balls.
Right after I did my pipe tweak to the beer barrel ramp I had a 45 mil game, my previous best was 4.6 mil. And that was mostly from multi balls during a tent mode I had already stacked for higher scoring. (like 4.6 mil in bumper cars, and 6.4 mil in fud frenzy?) (something like that).
Again, I am not complaining at all, this game is AWESOME!
I have a great game every now and then, but overall I am not too great at any machine.
It has been kind of damn... I finally made that shot and then the ball went off track and landed behind the bar and I had to pull the glass down to get it. (but a lot better after my pipe tweak).
The rollercoaster ramp has been spot on and AWESOME!
This game should be ranked in the top 15, there are just so many different ways to try to get a good score, it keeps me coming back for more.

Anyone having a problem on the beer barrel ramp, I had this same problem that plagued me for 9 months. Check and make sure the metal plate near the entrance of the ramp that runs along side of the ramp hidden behind the barrel is secured. Mine had come undone and forced the ball in a different trajectory.

#4722 9 days ago

I’m looking to add an LED light strip behind the topper. Usually I just connect these to a GI somewhere in the machine. Everything in Oktoberfest seems to be an active light. Any suggestions where to tap in to get this basic LED strip some power?

#4723 9 days ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m looking to add an LED light strip behind the topper. Usually I just connect these to a GI somewhere in the machine. Everything in Oktoberfest seems to be an active light. Any suggestions where to tap in to get this basic LED strip some power?

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/z/zBUAAOSwXrVfgdPk/$_85.JPG

the guy who bought mine did this... but i cant help more

#4724 7 days ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I purchased this to help light up my GoT topper. I wound up using a 12v adaptor and plugging it straight into an outlet so I could move it around to different games.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-color-changing-topper-lighting-kit.html

#4725 6 days ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m looking to add an LED light strip behind the topper.

I’m working on this now. I should have parts in this week to make a mock-up. I’ll get a kit posted to the API store soon.

#4726 5 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I’m working on this now. I should have parts in this week to make a mock-up. I’ll get a kit posted to the API store soon.

I feel so special. I’ll have to start asking for all sorts of things. Thanks for making this happen so quickly.

#4727 4 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Hammer geil!
(Awesome!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 4727 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 95.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside