(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 100.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Did you change the coil power on that upper flipper. More to the point, what power do you have it on now with the new coil stop?

I actually left it at 1 or 2 below default, which I had to adjust it before to barely make the shot while at the same time not hopping off the wire form. Now, because the geometry is lined up better, even at the reduced power it smacks it into the barrel with speed!

#4252 4 years ago

Can you still hit the newton balls with this set up? I suppose so.

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can you still hit the newton balls with this set up? I suppose so.

Absolutely, no problem. I haven't tried to make the bar entrance yet though. That was barely possible before for me, so I have to look for that, but the newton ball is easily reachable.

#4254 4 years ago

In my game, after installing the new coil stop bracket, the frequency of balls getting into the beer barrel Vs total balls played has increased from 18% to about 35%. Clever "fix" to improve that shot. Well done! One thing surprised me... the ball goes up the ramp with more velocity than before. That's a pleasant surprise

#4255 4 years ago

I would love this fix but my distributor isn't responding to a request for it. I tried to contact AP directly but said I had to go through my distributor. Seems odd you can't get it directly from AP, so now I'm out of luck I guess.

#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I would love this fix but my distributor isn't responding to a request for it. I tried to contact AP directly but said I had to go through my distributor. Seems odd you can't get it directly from AP, so now I'm out of luck I guess.

Please contact AP again and explain this. Let them know their distributor isn't helping.

Next game. Get a better distributor.

LTG : )

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

My distributor sent me an extra. If you can't get yours through your distributor, I'll send you my extra one. Let me bang the drum here for Zach a little: had nothing but awesome experience with Flip N Out pinball.

#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please contact AP again and explain this. Let them know their distributor isn't helping.
Next game. Get a better distributor.

Will do, and for sure I won't use him in the future.

Quoted from T3quila:

My distributor sent me an extra. If you can't get yours through your distributor, I'll send you my extra one. Let me bang the drum here for Zach a little: had nothing but awesome experience with Flip N Out pinball.

Thanks, I'll keep you updated.

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

We have you go through the distributor because we do not have an accurate data base of who bought what, distributors do not share with us. So how are we supposed to send something to you if we do not know you bought the game?

Pleas email me the distributors name and I will look into it. [email protected]

I will send you one directly if I cannot sort this out.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

We have you go through the distributor because we do not have an accurate data base of who bought what, distributors do not share with us. So how are we supposed to send something to you if we do not know you bought the game?

I thought that was why we registered our games with AP?

I may have to contact you also, Jason at Classicgamerooms did not know what I was talking about.

#4261 4 years ago

Oh, and not to knock Jason at all, he is a awesome guy!

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I thought that was why we registered our games with AP?
I may have to contact you also, Jason at Classicgamerooms did not know what I was talking about.

Registration is a very small number.. very small.

People.. Register your games!!

Otherwise you do not exist to us.

#4263 4 years ago

"What you're describing... is non-existence" (Kirk and Spock, 1967)

#4264 4 years ago

Will there be any more polish on Calorie Coma, or is it supposed to just be a quick fun mode not worth anything? Pretty easy to finish and it always says my total is 0.

#4265 4 years ago

It's basically supposed to be a quick fun mode... however, it should award points. I'll bet a few bucks that it does indeed give points... most likely the total screen is not displaying the proper value. Thanks for the report, we'll take a look.

#4266 4 years ago

Thank You AP for always being available, and your continued work making your games even better.

In the past I rarely could ever make the beer barrel ramp, now it is just as easy as any other shot after the coil stop fix you came up with.

Thanks!

#4267 4 years ago

Is there any way to add an adjustment/setting to balance the music, speech, and sound FX to the user’s liking? Just feel like the speech is a tad loud, but I like the volume the music is at.

#4268 4 years ago

Thank You AP for always being available, and your continued work making your games even better.
In the past I rarely could ever make the beer barrel ramp, now it is just as easy as any other shot after the coil stop fix you came up with.
Thanks!

If you play with other people, lock stealing actually becomes a real concern! It's really awesome - haven't played it yet in multiplayer since I have the new coil stop since I was busy and couldn't play as much as I wanted, but once I get back to it, it will be a real different strategy. Instead of always going for it, I'll wait until I have a suitable mode and multipliers lined up.

#4269 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Is there any way to add an adjustment/setting to balance the music, speech, and sound FX to the user’s liking? Just feel like the speech is a tad loud, but I like the volume the music is at.

We probably won't be able to do that for Oktoberfest. Sorry.

#4270 4 years ago

When will we see a code update on Octoberfest?

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not needing the updated coil. I hit the barrel shot just fine!
Great game that is getting better.

Same here. It's a very doable shot. You just need to hit it at the right angle. I have no interest in changing it from a challenging shot to an easy shot. I like the challenge.

But if this is what the masses want then it's smart for AP to offer a solution. The hard shots on Houdini, which I personally enjoy, seemed to hurt sales. Perhaps I'm in the minority.

#4272 4 years ago

I just noticed Houdini is rated higher than Oktoberfest?

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

When will we see a code update on Octoberfest?

Next code update is in the hands of some field testers right now. Don’t have an exact release date for it yet, but it is coming. Although just for expectation management, it’s not as large of an update as the late October one was... mostly bug fixes with a few new features.

#4274 4 years ago

Just a question : is it possible to start a new game while playing the 2nd or 3rd ball ? On most machines I just have to push start button during 3 seconds and a new game starts. But it doesn't work in oktoberfest nor houdini. Is there an option somewhere ?

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Same here. It's a very doable shot. You just need to hit it at the right angle. I have no interest in changing it from a challenging shot to an easy shot. I like the challenge.
But if this is what the masses want then it's smart for AP to offer a solution. The hard shots on Houdini, which I personally enjoy, seemed to hurt sales. Perhaps I'm in the minority.

On my machine it wasn't makable from magnet trapped ball because I had to reduce the coil strength, otherwise shots full orbit would hop off the rail. Now I can make it from both situations.

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I just noticed Houdini is rated higher than Oktoberfest?

I never pay any attention to the ratings anymore. I sold 2 top 15 rated games I was tired of to get Oktoberfest and Houdini, and I am glad I did.

Quoted from T3quila:

On my machine it wasn't makable from magnet trapped ball because I had to reduce the coil strength, otherwise shots full orbit would hop off the rail. Now I can make it from both situations.

It took me around 500 plays to get my first Beer Barrel MB, and that was fine, because I like the variety of the game. Now I average 6 plays to get it, so for me what is that...about 100 times better?

I just wish in Adult it could really be Adult. Like instead of Otto saying what can I get you?, have Otto saying what in the hell do you want? It is funny, as it is, but like PG humor and I hope for R humor someday.

#4277 4 years ago

I never pay any attention to the ratings anymore. I sold 2 top 15 rated games I was tired of to get Oktoberfest and Houdini, and I am glad I did.

It took me around 500 plays to get my first Beer Barrel MB, and that was fine, because I like the variety of the game. Now I average 6 plays to get it, so for me what is that...about 100 times better?
I just wish in Adult it could really be Adult. Like instead of Otto saying what can I get you?, have Otto saying what in the hell do you want? It is funny, as it is, but like PG humor and I hope for R humor someday.

I second that,when I heard there was going to be some risque stuff on the release I was hoping for something more dirty.

#4278 4 years ago
Quoted from pimseb:

Just a question : is it possible to start a new game while playing the 2nd or 3rd ball ? On most machines I just have to push start button during 3 seconds and a new game starts. But it doesn't work in oktoberfest nor houdini.

It should, but you must hold the start button continuously for about 5 seconds. It also behaves slightly differently from some other manufacturers: doing this will cancel the game in progress, but not immediately start a new game.

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It also behaves slightly differently from some other manufacturers

In a very good way! This game behaves well above anything else out there!

#4280 4 years ago

Thanks to AP for sending the coil stop so quickly. It also included a couple lockdown spacers. Where exactly do you put them?

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It also included a couple lockdown spacers. Where exactly do you put them?

Clear hard plastic ? On the inside of the end so the lockdown bar doesn't scratch the side rail. Look at your game and figure out where.

#4282 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clear hard plastic ? On the inside of the end so the lockdown bar doesn't scratch the side rail. Look at your game and figure out where.

Makes sense, thanks. I've never had any issues with my lockdown bar.

#4283 4 years ago

The AP WEB SITE support tab for OKT answers your question. As Lloyd says, they go on the inside corners of the lock down bar and are used to center the bar to the cabinet. They really helped mine. My lock down bar used to have some side to side slippage but no more. Nice improvement by AP.

#4284 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have an Octoberfest to show you. This is from a different game. But you can get the idea. It would go where the red arrows point to the black rubber.

DSC00205 (resized).JPGDSC00205 (resized).JPG
#4285 4 years ago

What a difference the new coil stop makes, I'm probably hitting the beer barrel ramp more the 50% of the time. I had my first super jackpot during BBMB. I always used to shoot for the ramp but now I'm more selective knowing I can make it later. A great game just got better.

#4286 4 years ago

Please let us know when the new coil stop has been shipped overseas (to Germany). So I can contact my distributor. Thank you

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from pimseb:

Please let us know when the new coil stop has been shipped overseas (to Germany). So I can contact my distributor. Thank you

they shipped out earlier this week, probably take a week or more to get there.

#4288 4 years ago

When I went to the skyslide tent Inga says" Im thinking of something that rhyms with" than it stops. Am I missing the joke or is it cut off?
Also if you ever get in the business of making toppers a faux wood cuckoo clock doorway that goes off after time runs out would grab a lot of attention at pinshows! You can have my money now.

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

When I went to the skyslide tent Inga says" Im thinking of something that rhyms with" than it stops. Am I missing the joke or is it cut off?

Same here, I have wondered about that.

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Also if you ever get in the business of making toppers a faux wood cuckoo clock doorway that goes off after time runs out would grab a lot of attention at pinshows! You can have my money now.

might be getting cut off, there is a pause before the last word, but the line is: "I'm thinking of something that rhymes with. . . . . vuk"

the answer is obviously duck

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It should, but you must hold the start button continuously for about 5 seconds. It also behaves slightly differently from some other manufacturers: doing this will cancel the game in progress, but not immediately start a new game.

Yeah, so about that... why the difference? When I hold the start button for 5 seconds, it's always because I want to restart the game. Seems to me it's better to leave the ball in the shooter lane when you restart the game (and that's the expected behavior). The Oktoberfest behavior (the code auto-launches the ball, you wait until it drains, wait for the game to decide everything is ready, then press Start to begin a new game) is a slight annoyance.

#4292 4 years ago

Just a heads up rosh . Found a bug in the code that locks up the screen, on third ball playing duck race. Tilted out and lock up the screen. Game went to red and green lights on the playfield. Pretty sure I could have entered my initials but would not go any further then the last image of the duck race.

Thanks,
Chris

#4293 4 years ago

@kidchrisso, do you have any more details on what happened leading up to that problem? You were just playing Duck Derby and then it locked up? Any info you can share, including logs, would certainly be helpful. Thanks!

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Found a bug in the code that locks up the screen, on third ball playing duck race.

Logs or it didn't happen

As ferret said, if you can pull the logs that will help us investigate. just boot machine, inserts a USB disc in the USB extension cable inside the coin door on the right side of the cabinet. Then just send us the zip file with the logs either [email protected] or me [email protected]

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Logs or it didn't happen
As ferret said, if you can pull the logs that will help us investigate. just boot machine, inserts a USB disc in the USB extension cable inside the coin door on the right side of the cabinet. Then just send us the zip file with the logs either [email protected] or me [email protected]

Will do, give me a day or two and I will send them.

Thanks..

#4296 4 years ago

Can I get my coil stop through AP? I've been waiting over 3 weeks for GAP to ship mine and everyone else said they got theirs quick? I keep holding off people to come over and play till I have it updated.

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can I get my coil stop through AP? I've been waiting over 3 weeks for GAP to ship mine and everyone else said they got theirs quick? I keep holding off people to come over and play till I have it updated.

Are you at LAX? I can bring you one and when you get yours just give me one back. How does that sound?

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can I get my coil stop through AP? I've been waiting over 3 weeks for GAP to ship mine

You can try - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Or call Mike - 630- 447-0944

#4299 4 years ago

This beer barrel membrane switch is starting to drive me crazy! It literally makes the game unplayable since it continues to think the ball is getting locked (when it already is), and launches a new ball into the shooter lane, while the current ball is already in play.

American Pinball, what is going to be the solution for this? Every time I clean the membrane switch it works fine for about 20 games, and then acts up again. I bought this thing NIB last September and it only has 300 plays on it.

Isn’t there some way to write in the code that it remembers that it already locked a specific ball? So even if the switch thinks it has another ball roll over it (when really it didn’t), it doesn’t count it as a newly locked ball? Can’t the game remember that it already had ball 1 locked or ball 2 locked, so any new sensitivity to the membrane switch is voided?

Or is the solution really going to be installing a new membrane switch every few hundred plays? If that’s the case, can I have one sent to me? I know I’m not the only one who has had this issue on here.

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

This beer barrel membrane switch is starting to drive me crazy! It literally makes the game unplayable since it continues to think the ball is getting locked (when it already is), and launches a new ball into the shooter lane, while the current ball is already in play.
American Pinball, what is going to be the solution for this? Every time I clean the membrane switch it works fine for about 20 games, and then acts up again. I bought this thing NIB last September and it only has 300 plays on it.
Isn’t there some way to write in the code that it remembers that it already locked a specific ball? So even if the switch thinks it has another ball roll over it (when really it didn’t), it doesn’t count it as a newly locked ball? Can’t the game remember that it already had ball 1 locked or ball 2 locked, so any new sensitivity to the membrane switch is voided?
Or is the solution really going to be installing a new membrane switch every few hundred plays? If that’s the case, can I have one sent to me? I know I’m not the only one who has had this issue on here.

A membrane switch is a terrible choice for a pinball machine. Shocked that was included in the build that went out.

Leaf switch, opto, proximity sensor - any of those would be better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.