(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 100.
#3351 4 years ago

Just got back from CAX and have to report that both O-Fest and Houdini were just stacked up with people wanting to play them all day and night long. Only could get one game on O-Fest as they were so busy. Looks like there is definitely a demographic that is drawn to this pin, you are gonna sell a bunch of them.

#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ugh. Murphy's Law, I guess. Sorry about that. Any chance you grabbed a log?

I’ve had two game resets so far on 19.7.27. I sent the logs to Rosh yesterday.

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I still can't figure out stuff like lighting the tent etc?

BTW, please note that there is an instruction card hiding in plain sight on the apron artwork, in its traditional place on the left side. Hopefully that provides good guidance about the basic rules of the game, no manual needed. (Although I definitely recommend the manual to anyone who owns the game!)

#3354 4 years ago

I need this game in my line up

#3355 4 years ago

Well, most of you will call me nuts but today I did it. I downloaded all of the OKT reference files (from AP's OKT support tab) and took them to FEDEX Kinko and had them make a hard copy, spiral bound manual of the same quality as JJP's in terms of print materials, etc. Boy, it was expensive at $100 but it came out great and will be an excellent reference for the life of my machine. Yes, I could have simply referred to the document(s) on line but for me the hard copy manual is just the way that I like to go. And, at $7500+, the manual now befits the great machine that OKT is. So thanks Barry J., Rosh, and Ferret for a very nice set of reference materials.

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

spiral bound manual

I get wanting the hard copy, nice to have at times.

Next time you might consider just having them three hole punch it, and then put into a looseleaf binder, while not as slick, that way you can easily update sections that might get updated in the future. Although not always easy to know what has changed.

Other advantage of looseleaf, is you can just print in color the sections that really benefit from it and do the rest in B&W.

#3357 4 years ago

Thanks Josh. All good points but I prefer spiral over '3 ring loose leaf' binders because less chances of pages getting stuck/torn when flipping through them. Also, I can always get updated pages interlaced if necessary for just a few bucks. I have 3 JJP games now and I feel OKT 'deserves ' a manual as good as those. I do have a real appreciation now why JJP charges as much as they do for their manuals, a real bargain if you ask me. BTW, if any one else is thinking of doing the same thing, put a copy of the OKT color sales sheet in the front. It looks great.

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks Josh. All good points but I prefer spiral over '3 ring loose leaf' binders because less chances of pages getting stuck/torn when flipping through them. Also, I can always get updated pages interlaced if necessary for just a few bucks. I have 3 JJP games now and I feel OKT 'deserves ' a manual as good as those. I do have a real appreciation now why JJP charges as much as they do for their manuals, a real bargain if you ask me. BTW, if any one else is thinking of doing the same thing, put a copy of the OKT color sales sheet in the front. It looks great.

I printed at work.
Spiral bound at kinko's.

Nothing smells better than stolen office supplies...lol

#3359 4 years ago

Played it for the first time in Logan Arcade pinball league last night. They just put it on the floor this week. Fun game. I like the layout and overall feel. Well built game. Theme? Anything about beer works in my book. I'll go back in on my next day off and get to know it a little better.

#3360 4 years ago

The new code is fantastic! Thanks. One thing no one has mentioned is Rockin express. Its not very "rockin". When I accomplish the outer lanes nothing happens and almost wonder if it is even registering? A nice zingy lightshow like the ride would be nice here so I feel satisfied or a rollercoaster full of people sound like in Hurricane? Keep up the great work!

#3361 4 years ago

Is everyone enjoying the new Oktoberfest code? What do you love? What features would you like changed or improved? I’d love to chat with an owner and hear your opinions on the game. Does anyone here have one on location? I have a few questions for you. Hope to use this info for an article and for the Special When Lit podcast. Send me a pm if you’d like to chat. Thanks

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Is everyone enjoying the new Oktoberfest code? What do you love? What features would you like changed or improved? I’d love to chat with an owner and hear your opinions on the game. Does anyone here have one on location? I have a few questions for you. Hope to use this info for an article and for the Special When Lit podcast. Send me a pm if you’d like to chat. Thanks

Looks like Greensboro is the closest location Oktoberfest to you, but it's only 50 miles away. There's about half as many out on location as Houdini, which is in itself pretty rare for location play, so not many out there.

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like Greensboro is the closest location Oktoberfest to you, but it's only 50 miles away. There's about half as many out on location as Houdini, which is in itself pretty rare for location play, so not many out there.

Yeah, I frequently play it on location at Boxcar in Greensboro. I really enjoy it.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The new code is fantastic! Thanks. One thing no one has mentioned is Rockin express. Its not very "rockin". When I accomplish the outer lanes nothing happens and almost wonder if it is even registering? A nice zingy lightshow like the ride would be nice here so I feel satisfied

It's on my list. Got a bunch of new callouts to wire up, plus some light shows and animation tweaks. At least the current code has the score values zooming by on screen.

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

animation tweaks

Did some while you were at pinburg.

#3366 4 years ago

Please change sky slide “shoot the Vuck”back to vook,I now avoid the tent because of the change ,mabey it is still in there but I have not heard it,vook is cute and fun while vuck is not sexy or funny and just sounds wrong.
Loving the game a lot,

#3367 4 years ago

extra ball graphics could use a little more works also,keep up the great code work

#3368 4 years ago

Where is the official Oktoberfest stein holder for this game? We need a stein holder!!!

#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from groffdaddy:

Where is the official Oktoberfest stein holder for this game? We need a stein holder!!!

Have stein. Ready for holder.

LTG : )

DSC00046 (resized).JPGDSC00046 (resized).JPGDSC00047 (resized).JPGDSC00047 (resized).JPG
#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from groffdaddy:

I'm checking into it right now!

#3371 4 years ago

I tried to use my stein in a premium pingulp (with the mug slot out), and it's way too big to fit. A missed opportunity, for sure!

I played OKF on location this weekend, and I feel like the game wasn't setup very well at all. The coin mechs were not registering correctly and it took me $3 to get $2 in credit on the machine, negating the $2 for 3 games deal. I let the technician know on my way out, so maybe that's fixed now. But what was really bugging me was when I finally did get playing, the scoop was shooting balls SDTM half the time instead of to the flipper. Obviously the scoop shouldn't do that if it's setup correctly, but any chance for a ball-save for that, when there's only one ball in play? It was a bit frustrating that problems that plagued old games like Monster Bash still live around on modern games.

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

We have one on the floor. Less than 3 hrs from you. We are also a distributor for API. Just sayin.

#3373 4 years ago

Oh, and we don’t do a coin drop. We do $10 entry and all day free play.....so come pay ten bucks and play Oktoberfest all day long.

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Obviously the scoop shouldn't do that if it's setup correctly, but any chance for a ball-save for that, when there's only one ball in play?

Already in there. It’s an operator adjustment.

#3375 4 years ago

For all interested we're having a contest for Oktoberfest swag on our Facebook page
Go check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

For all interested we're having a contest for Oktoberfest swag on our Facebook page
Go check it out!

Check it out. You could win some really cool Oktoberfest stuff.

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Already in there. It’s an operator adjustment.

I'll bug the location to turn it on then. Thank you!

#3378 4 years ago

Seems like an interesting game, but the animations surely was a real let down..
So many different styles - and clips that look like some poor Windows 98-game

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Go check it out!

Dang...don't use Farcebook. Any options for the little people like me that don't feel like telling the entire planet what I'm doing every ten minutes?

No biggie if not - don't mean to make extra work for anyone.

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Dang...don't use Farcebook. Any options for the little people like me that don't feel like telling the entire planet what I'm doing every ten minutes?

Exactly. Just visiting facebook even without a profile is bad.

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

You dont have to tell everyone what you are doing every ten minutes, and your privacy is already compromised! Join in on the fun lol

#3382 4 years ago

Put this up on the last code revision, shortly before the new one came out. Had roughly 200M on last ball and bonus was over 400M.

Flipper Miester was cool. Next time I play on new code, I hope to reach Stein Slinging. Fun game!
oktoberfest600M (resized).jpegoktoberfest600M (resized).jpeg

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You dont have to tell everyone what you are doing every ten minutes, and your privacy is already compromised! Join in on the fun lol

Nah, pins are enough fun. Don't need the other 6 billion telling me their fun too. Besides, some of them even have more fun than me when they use my credit cards!

#3384 4 years ago

Last night played in local open league and had to set up Okto for tournament play, so that leads me to 'tip of the day'.

If hosting a league and need to install 'tournament', or just having non pinball friends over, and you want to install 'extra easy', you should first do a 'save settings', so after your event all need to do is do 'load settings' to be right back to what you had. Note that this will overwrite any previous settings you have saved.

You can also take your favorite settings and copy them off the machine (they are on the USB when you pull logs, etc.) so you can re-load those back on to the machine and install (again, put on USB insert in game (this will overwrite any existing saved settings), after re-boot go back to Settings/Pre-sets and load those settings.

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Last night played in local open league and had to set up Okto for tournament play, so that leads me to 'tip of the day'.
If hosting a league and need to install 'tournament', or just having non pinball friends over, and you want to install 'extra easy', you should first do a 'save settings', so after your event all need to do is do 'load settings' to be right back to what you had. Note that this will overwrite any previous settings you have saved.
You can also take your favorite settings and copy them off the machine (they are on the USB when you pull logs, etc.) so you can re-load those back on to the machine and install (again, put on USB insert in game (this will overwrite any existing saved settings), after re-boot go back to Settings/Pre-sets and load those settings.

and does that work after updates?

#3386 4 years ago

It does, though it's not required, since updates do not normally reset adjustments/audits/high scores/etc.

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Put this up on the last code revision, shortly before the new one came out. Had roughly 200M on last ball and bonus was over 400M.
Flipper Miester was cool. Next time I play on new code, I hope to reach Stein Slinging. Fun game!
[quoted image]

Over an hour game??? what the hell!

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Over an hour game??? what the hell!

exactly my thoughts.

here i thought my ~15 million game was pretty solid... and then this guy comes along and completely changes my mind lol.

#3389 4 years ago

Lol. I had 200M on my last ball and bonus was over 400M.

Basically all comes down to Steins (multiply modes/make certain features easy or more valuable), Calories (increase multiball jackpot values), and Ducks (increase Tent mode values). If you collect a bunch, progress deep into the game, and are consistent with mode/multiball performance...you can really blow up your score.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

bonus was over 400M

That is a hell of a score and a hell of a bonus, but you were 'winning' most of the tents, and those then give a bonus at end of ball based on the points scored in the mode, multiplied by bonus multiplier. so I have to assume you finished a bunch on a ball where you jacked up the multiplier. Still hard to imaging 400M

No doubt the longer the game, the faster your scores rise, as those ducks and calories add up.

#3391 4 years ago

Finally was able to get in a few games at Emporium Logan Square last night. Both Oktoberfest and Houdini seem to be setup to be very floaty though. It certainly makes the games a little easier (Compared to the other Houdini we have on location that Gavin setup that is fast and brutal), but I was a little surprised. The one tech was there and said that's the way American wanted them setup (?). I would prefer it to be setup to play faster, but I must say the left ramp was a lot easier to hit than the times I've played them at shows.

Either way, looking forward to playing more games. I still have no idea what I'm doing.. I wish the modes gave you more information ahead of time..

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Nah, pins are enough fun. Don't need the other 6 billion telling me their fun too. Besides, some of them even have more fun than me when they use my credit cards!

I know this is off topic, but I only use FB for pinball. Only closed groups or follow pinball companies. I’ve unfollowed my entire friends list, and no one can search for me. Zero BS expect for typical pinball drama. Haha. Mostly people getting made fun of for using colored LEDs.

Just a thought.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know this is off topic, but I only use FB for pinball. Only closed groups or follow pinball companies. I’ve unfollowed my entire friends list, and no one can search for me. Zero BS expect for typical pinball drama. Haha. Mostly people getting made fun of for using colored LEDs.
Just a thought.

Don't want to derail the thread into a FB topic, but I'd actually consider this since there are some pinball benefits (like the AP FB post). Wife signed me up once, but then the FB spam started with in moments. Ugh, nope, not happening. So I deactivated within minutes. There's a way to run it bare bones? I guess I could just make a new gmail account to limit exposure, would that work?

Sorry for the derail, will keep it brief.

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I hope you left in that secret flipper code so that

Anybody figure out the secret flipper code on Oktoberfest yet ?

#3395 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anybody figure out the secret flipper code on Oktoberfest yet ?

Don’t start rumors if they aren’t true. The last thing I need are a bunch of punks trying to enter the Konami code on my Oktoberfest .

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Don’t start rumors if they aren’t true.

Oh. Okay.

Quoted from rosh:

I hope you left in that secret flipper code

Disclaimer : For fun :

#3397 4 years ago

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet.

#3398 4 years ago

As they say " no news is good news" . I really love how you have developed this game in just the past 6 months! I would be nick picking at this point but if you wanted a couple ideas on how to amp this game up on the next update.
There are 2 songs missing from any "American Oktoberfest" that would be fun.
"Roll out the barrels! "
Maybe beer barrel multiball?
"Pennsylvania polka" always brings laughter in memory of Ground hog day!
When the cuckoo sounds to warn before the end of tent time maybe a cuckoo clock animation on the screen? That would be cool!

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

When the cuckoo sounds to warn before the end of tent time maybe a cuckoo clock animation on the screen? That would be cool!

It would be! Heck, why limit that just to the end of tent time?

#3400 4 years ago

If you want to have the Oktoberfest theme come alive in this game, listen to everything Viggin900 suggests. Dude loves Oktoberfest. Jason, I need to come hang with you at one of them this year and do it right!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/68?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.