(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,142 posts
  • 389 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 362 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CC1DD572-660D-4152-AB6D-04D085728AA8 (resized).jpeg
35042E84-5923-4B9E-AA78-DFD1DF0AFBBD (resized).jpeg
20190608_150208 (resized).jpg
20190608_150245 (resized).jpg
20190609_132218 (resized).jpg
P1060333 (resized).JPG
P1060331 (resized).JPG
P1060332 (resized).JPG
P1060330 (resized).JPG
P1060328 (resized).JPG
P1060327 (resized).JPG
DC870287-90C8-4EC9-ABE0-2612A4CE32A4 (resized).jpeg
20190526_180500 (resized).jpg
F2458422-3C9B-4E1B-9CF5-8E59D02FE294 (resized).jpeg
78BA2E27-13F2-4510-954D-B2F0DC185550 (resized).jpeg
20190531_123841 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3142 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 63.
#2951 27 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

What is Inga saying when you start Rockin’ Express? Sounds like “I’m on the music”.

“Bring on the music”

#2952 26 days ago

We are starting a limited beta for the next Oktoberfest code release. We will initially only include a few of those interested, so we can effectively respond to questions and issues, so not everyone who wants to participate will necessarily be given the code, but we will likely expand it after the first couple of days.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

#2953 26 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

We are starting a limited beta for the next Oktoberfest code release. We will initially only include a few of those interested, so we can effectively respond to questions and issues, so not everyone who wants to participate will necessarily be given the code, but we will likely expand it after the first couple of days.

Is there some kind of callout on that magnet grab at the right spinner? I couldn't hear well at the show, but until I figured it out, I thought it was getting stuck there - a LOT.

#2954 26 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Is there some kind of callout on that magnet grab at the right spinner? I couldn't hear well at the show, but until I figured it out, I thought it was getting stuck there - a LOT.

There is a sound effect when a magnab activates and the lamp next to it flashes red. If the lamp is Green it means the auto-grab is active and if it is yellow you can use a manual magnab. If it is off, it means you have no magnab and need to earn more via captive ball and right ramp

The new code does adjust the auto-grab rules as to where it attempts a grab for you. Auto-grabs are activated when the ball goes down an inlane, in general the rule is the upper flipper if the bar is open or lock is lit, otherwise the lanes. There are various exceptions to the rule and possible we will make further tweaks to the logic.

#2955 26 days ago

Random question: The frosted dome LED above the TAP lanes... it turns yellow, green, or flashing red and I understand all that. Why does it turn white at the end of your turn?

#2956 26 days ago

It appears that Oktoberfest is really turning the corner!!! Congrats to Joe and the entire AP team! Build those games fast boys, there is currently no competition for this game!

#2957 26 days ago

Random question: The frosted dome LED above the TAP lanes... it turns yellow, green, or flashing red and I understand all that. Why does it turn white at the end of your turn?

Probably the bonus light show

#2958 26 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It appears that Oktoberfest is really turning the corner!!! Congrats to Joe and the entire AP team! Build those games fast boys, there is currently no competition for this game!

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to have acquired some "A-List" games over the years. This is my first AP game. Really delighted with it so far. Fun and challenging enough to keep you coming back again and again. Code updates are making it better and better. The AP team is very responsive and apparently crazy enough to listen to Pinsiders. It means a lot to me when a company is interested in feedback from people who use their product (pinball machines are no exception). Call me a fanboy but the fun, the humor, the variety, the toys, the rules, the flow... this thing feels like a Top 10 game to me.

#2959 26 days ago

Should be able to get some plays on the at the Pinball Palace in Brunswick GA this Saturday. They have about 100 pins abs this is all I want to play.

#2960 26 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Should be able to get some plays on the at the Pinball Palace in Brunswick GA this Saturday. They have about 100 pins abs this is all I want to play.

I haven’t been to Brunswick in over 20 years, but I can’t believe there’s a place there with 100 pins! We don’t even have that in Los Angeles. Enjoy Oktoberfest! I have enjoyed playing it!

#2961 26 days ago

grandfireball1 is correct... The playfield lights during bonus are supposed to look like beer is pouring into the playfield and getting a little head at the top... matching the screen animation.

#2962 25 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

getting a little head

And who does not like that

Can you tell us what is new in this next release? New music? Animations? more modes?

#2963 25 days ago

Changes to music and animations and callouts, several key bug fixes, better scoring balance, rules tweaks in several features, some new adjustments, better MagNab logic, and more... It's a pretty huge update.

#2964 25 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Changes to music and animations and callouts, several key bug fixes, better scoring balance, rules tweaks in several features, some new adjustments, better MagNab logic, and more... It's a pretty huge update.

Can you tell us when it will ship? I just got my notice of delivery!

#2965 24 days ago

New code is in beta now... if we don’t find any serious problems with it, I’d guess a general release in a few days.

#2966 24 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I hope to play it at the Rocky mountain pinball showdown.

#2967 22 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got quite a few games on it at RMPS as of this morning my GC still stood. Really fun and look forward to getting mine soon
MVIMG_20190527_092948 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190527_092930 (resized).jpg

#2968 22 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Machine will be there and Joe Balcer!
Have a fun weekend.

#2969 22 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Machine will be there and Joe Balcer!
Have a fun weekend.

I missed Joes presentation, but did play some Oktoberfest and thought it was fun with lots to shoot. I'm not sure if it was leveled correctly, but both my friend and I thought it was "floaty" if that makes sense. 2 thumbs up though!!

#2970 22 days ago

I ordered the shaker and knocker for OKF. Apparently the knocker is mounted in the bottom cabinet, near the front cross-member and it's utilized in the game (Target Shooting, Duck Hunt). So cool. Reminds me of the knocker in TAF.

#2971 22 days ago

The knocker is used in Bumper Cars also, though we're still trying to figure out the best behavior for that. The way it's currently used is synchronized to the on-screen animation, which is really fun and makes perfect sense for a spectator, but seems kinda wrong for the player (assuming they're busy playing and not watching the screen). We may stick with that, or adjust it somehow (which might mean "provide an operator adjustment to control its behavior").

Oh, the subtle frustrations of game design...

#2972 22 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

but both my friend and I thought it was "floaty" if that makes sense.

It was definitely floaty and i think just needed a little more angle on it.

#2973 21 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It was definitely floaty and i think just needed a little more angle on it.

Game is designed for a lower pitch, the side to side action is pretty important in game play, so owners should be careful of raising the pitch too much.

Quoted from Ferret:

The knocker is used in Bumper Cars also, though we're still trying to figure out the best behavior for that. The way it's currently used is synchronized to the on-screen animation, which is really fun and makes perfect sense for a spectator, but seems kinda wrong for the player (assuming they're busy playing and not watching the screen). We may stick with that, or adjust it somehow (which might mean "provide an operator adjustment to control its behavior").

It is funny, when someone else is playing and you are looking at screen it fits perfectly, when playing it makes no sense as it occurs way later. It is currently an on/off option, and was done as a separate adjustment then Target Shooting/duck hunt because of this 'challenge', so I guess we could consider making it off/animation synched/scoring synched. Personally, not sure which way I would set it, which gets to the Ferrets comment "the subtle frustrations of game design".

#2974 21 days ago

One of the local Barcades has had an Oktoberfest for a week now and I only found out yesterday! I'm really looking forward to checking it out this week and putting some real time on it. I played it at TPF but drained pretty fast. Hoping I can have some good games now that there won't be a huge line to play.

Way to go AP for shipping games! I hope you have some real success with this one and sell a ton of games!

#2975 21 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Game is designed for a lower pitch, the side to side action is pretty important in game play, so owners should be careful of raising the pitch too much.

Well I hope maybe it was set a little too low at our show cause the ball was moving really slow it seemed, didn't seem hard for me to keep it in play or nudge it out of danger almost anytime. I was hitting the corkscrew ramp with plenty of ease, I would imagine that ramp is one that too high a pitch would make that difficult to hit

#2976 21 days ago

Any chance I can get a beta code to try? Thinking mine might be off just a little... What and awesome game though..

IMG_1696 (resized).JPG
#2977 21 days ago
Quoted from artymech2131:

Any chance I can get a beta code to try? Thinking mine might be off just a little... What and awesome game though..[quoted image]

My high score is in the 4 million range. I need only 21 billion, 880 million to catch you

#2978 21 days ago

Any chance I can get a beta code to try? Thinking mine might be off just a little... What and awesome game though..

Pull the logs and send to me, lets see if that shows what happened.

#2979 20 days ago

While Flipper Meister was intended to be valuable, perhaps that was a little TOO valuable. Thanks for the report, fixed... with apologies to anyone who was hoping for multi-billion point games in the future.

#2980 20 days ago

So anybody that wants to best the all time record should avoid updating.

#2981 20 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Pull the logs and send to me, lets see if that shows what happened.

Thanks for the awesome response time.. You guys are the greatest.

#2982 20 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:While Flipper Meister was intended to be valuable, perhaps that was a little TOO valuable.

Well, we did tell everyone that you were doing some work on score balancing . . . I hope you left in that secret flipper code so that . . . .

Thanks for the awesome response time.. You guys are the greatest.

so now you have a tough choice, reset high scores, or have scores that you have basically zero chance of ever beating.

#2983 20 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

I hope you left in that secret flipper code so that

LTG : )

#2984 20 days ago

Looks like mine just arrived in CO, waiting for confirmation on delivery. Hoping I can get it this week but if not should be up and rolling by early next I would hope

#2985 20 days ago

Mine is apparently taking a greyhound bus through middle America. They told me that the earliest I could get it would be Monday. Unfortunately that perfectly conflicts with a business trip I have next week. That means I won’t even be able to touch it until two weeks from now! #firstworldproblems.

Speaking of “touching it”, has anyone put a playfield protector on it? I am curious as to the level of effort considering the high population of things on the playfield.

#2986 20 days ago

Picking up one Friday in Reno !

#2987 20 days ago

Monkey needs more sauce. More sauce!!!

#2988 19 days ago

I saw this on Facebook. Your chance to be part of a great team !

61572657_2559818780709618_3118279997882630144_n (resized).jpg
#2989 19 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I saw this on Facebook. Your chance to be part of a great team !
LTG : )[quoted image]

Maybe I could stay in Dave's new basement and work there for the summer?

#2990 18 days ago

Too bad it's in Chicagoland, even Ben Heck won't live there...

#2991 18 days ago

Got mine delivered and setup yesterday.No issues out of the box I have seen yet and plays great!
MVIMG_20190530_200118 (resized).jpg

#2992 18 days ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Too bad it's in Chicagoland, even Ben Heck won't live there...

Ben Heck is a Wisconsinite. Nuff said.

#2993 18 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got mine delivered and setup yesterday.No issues out of the box I have seen yet and plays great!
[quoted image]

Floaty?

#2994 18 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Love Oktoberfest!! It is one if my favorite pins over the last few years.
Is there any news on the next American pinball pin?

#2995 18 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Love Oktoberfest!! It is one if my favorite pins over the last few years.
Is there any news on the next American pinball pin?

Based on the show of hands at the last show and the trademarks registered, likely Sherlock Holmes.

#2996 18 days ago

I left it with legs all the way in and only got a handful of games in but it seemed much less "floaty" than the one I played at the Pinball show here last week. I may play with increasing the pitch just a little more but much more relieved it isn't floating nearly as much.

#2997 18 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Based on the show of hands at the last show and the trademarks registered, likely Sherlock Holmes.

Awesome theme! I can just imagine so many modes and toys!

#2998 18 days ago

With the legs all the way in it’s not “floaty” to me

You def need the side to side action to light the mini targets, which are fantastic, plus how the magnets interact with the ball

It’s such a great game and experience. I’ll be testing out the beta code this weekend !

#2999 18 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s such a great game and experience. I’ll be testing out the beta code this weekend

Ooooh I want some beta code. AP hook me up!!!

#3000 18 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ooooh I want some beta code. AP hook me up!!!

Rosh posted earlier to PM him about beta testing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 3142 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside