(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,965 posts
  • 380 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1516AEA-B0E5-485A-A2BC-83915F5BBAD5 (resized).jpeg
20190425_232226 (resized).jpg
20190513_163508 (resized).jpg
accordion (resized).png
3E2B63BC-BE90-4208-8871-3F1CE4869125 (resized).jpeg
2DF38354-4AE9-4308-BF05-B41E650C413F (resized).jpeg
Chug.gif
BIG load.gif
Peacemaker.gif
84E7402A-EA28-4FFA-AA17-B0847B4A7298 (resized).jpeg
75A33F18-8EF8-41F6-B5C6-769DEFF64638 (resized).jpeg
BD31D589-2D45-4621-A21F-226DF50DA577 (resized).jpeg
20190426_205257 (resized).jpg
timthumb (resized).jpeg
snowflakes03 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2965 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 60.
#2851 16 days ago

Had a crazy game on this! Unfortunately the game reset on the last ball after I shot it into the scoop, but still had a ton of fun.

84E7402A-EA28-4FFA-AA17-B0847B4A7298 (resized).jpeg
#2852 16 days ago

love to see the praise rolling in! Here's to your next game, AP!

#2853 16 days ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Had a crazy game on this! Unfortunately the game reset on the last ball after I shot it into the scoop

Sorry about that... this is fixed in the upcoming code release. (No, I can't give an exact release date, but soon.)

still had a ton of fun.

Sweet!

#2854 15 days ago

Had a crazy game on this! Unfortunately the game reset on the last ball after I shot it into the scoop, but still had a ton of fun.
[quoted image]

Heck of a score and points per second, holy smokes!

#2855 15 days ago

Ok, after owning this game for a week, I have some rule questions:

What does the captive ball do besides give the occasional mag nab?

How does each duck effect mode scoring?

How do calories effect jackpot scoring?

How do you relight the bar for stein collects?

When does the game do mag-nabs for you?

How do you get higher than a 2x playfield?

The ? Skill shot seems like it’s a bit excessive on points

Any combo rules coming? Maybe a classic left orbit to side ramp?

Seems like there is some missing music choreography at the start of Corkscrew MB when the balls are released

All the lights in Corkscrew mb are red. Maybe make the jackpots one color and the targets another so it’s easier to differentiate between.

Sometimes I hit the mag nab button and nothing activates even when I have plenty of them. Can you not activate it while the ball is on the flipper?

Is there / will there be a big final wizard mode?

#2856 15 days ago

Seems like there is some missing music choreography at the start of Corkscrew MB when the balls are released
All the lights in Corkscrew mb are red. Maybe make the jackpots one color and the targets another so it’s easier to differentiate between.
Sometimes I hit the mag nab button and nothing activates even when I have plenty of them. Can you not activate it while the ball is on the flipper?

Are you enjoying the game? You may have given a review somewhere, so sorry if I didn’t see it. I love the amount of shots on it. May own one at some point. I do wish the screen animations were better but maybe that helped keep the price lower? I don’t know, but the game is fun to play at the location I frequent.

#2857 15 days ago
Quoted from spandol:

Are you enjoying the game? You may have given a review somewhere, so sorry if I didn’t see it. I love the amount of shots on it. May own one at some point. I do wish the screen animations were better but maybe that helped keep the price lower? I don’t know, but the game is fun to play at the location I frequent.

Agreed. Finally got some time on it and had fun. But damn those ramps are frustratingly hard to hit. Felt almost as impossible as the milk can shot on Houdini.

#2858 15 days ago
Quoted from spandol:Are you enjoying the game? You may have given a review somewhere, so sorry if I didn’t see it. I love the amount of shots on it. May own one at some point. I do wish the screen animations were better but maybe that helped keep the price lower? I don’t know, but the game is fun to play at the location I frequent.

I am definitely enjoying the game. It feels so different and special. It’s just fun. It’s not the smoothest player, but it has good speed and the variety of the shots is great. Music, Rules, and art are right up there with JJP. As far as animations, the main UI screen during gameplay is great because it tells you your progress toward everything. The mode animations are miles ahead of Houdini and are colorful. They’re definitely not super interesting to look at, but I don’t really care. Unless I’m playing a movie themed pin, animations don’t really bother me.

#2859 15 days ago

A tip to owners/operators: If you have the game set a bit steeper than factory, which keeps the game fast, make sure you jack up the flippers a few notches. The lower ones I did an increase of about 5-6. And the upper around 7-8.

#2860 15 days ago

without a bubble i cannot tell if i have the right pitch....... but i have no problems making either ramp octoberfast is a great game .. balcer designs are so unique i love it!!!!!!!!!

#2861 15 days ago

I am definitely enjoying the game. It feels so different and special. It’s just fun. It’s not the smoothest player, but it has good speed and the variety of the shots is great. Music, Rules, and art are right up there with JJP. As far as animations, the main UI screen during gameplay is great because it tells you your progress toward everything. The mode animations are miles ahead of Houdini and are colorful. They’re definitely not super interesting to look at, but I don’t really care. Unless I’m playing a movie themed pin, animations don’t really bother me.

Cool thanks. I didn’t think to compare the animations with Houdini. Guess it is in line with that.

#2862 15 days ago

Yay! I've been semi-patiently waiting for players to start seriously digging into the rules... I love this stuff...

It's a shot in some modes and multiballs. Shooting it as part of a combo (e.g. left orbit->captive ball) gives a combo bonus. In the next code release, there's a Super Striker feature available occasionally (when Inga catches the ball on the UR flipper and says "Eins... Zwei... Drei... Strike!") for bigger points.

One nice thing about the captive ball is that there's a couple switches in its lane, so we can (and do) detect the strength of a hit on the captive ball, and alter awards accordingly.

No quick and easy answer to this question... 14 tent modes, 14 different answers: a mode like Füd Frenzy that wants you to make dozens of switches by necessity has different scoring patterns than a mode like Rotor that wants you to make a few lit shots. But for every tent mode, more ducks = higher scoring.

Similar answer to above.

I should note that I've focused a lot on score balancing over the recent couple weeks, so all the exact details of scoring will be different (and hopefully more fair and fun) soon anyway.

You can...

- Skill shot into the bar door
- Bash the bar X number of times, where X is based on difficulty adjustment setting, how many steins you've already collected, and how many Ish Pale Ales ("Easier to Collect Steins") you have.
- Bankshot off the PROST targets into the bar, which immediately opens the bar
- Do a left orbit->bar combo, which immediately opens the bar.

Either inlane -> opposing orbit will generally do an automatic nab. So will X number of pop bumper hits followed by an exit to the UR flipper.

You can complete the TAP lanes again while 2X Playfield is running; this will bump you to 3X Playfield and reset the timer. This is easier to do if you've collected one or more Baker Street Ales ("Increases Playfield X Time").

On a related note: if your Playfield X is larger than 2, when it times out, it doesn't drop all the way to 1X, it just decreases by 1X... you only get partial time at the reduced level, though.

It might be. However, actually making the ? Skill Shot is a bit excessive on difficulty, so hopefully it balances out.

Yep, already there, although not currently well celebrated when you get them. Yes, left orbit -> side ramp, left orbit -> captive ball, and left orbit -> bar are all combos, because who doesn't love orbit -> upper flipper combos? As I mentioned above, I consider bankshotting PROST into the bar to be a combo. Right ramp -> right orbit -> (auto-magnab) -> ramp is kind of a combo, though I need to enhance that one.

True. Already improved for the upcoming code release.

Yep, thanks for that feedback, I agree that Corkscrew MB is rather... red. There's a bunch of improvements I want to make to the lighting in both Corkscrew and Beer Barrel multiballs.

You should be able to. Not sure what to say about this one. So you have a ball trapped up, hit MagNab... it doesn't make the "electrical buzzing" sound or decrement your MagNab count? If it's only "sometimes", perhaps try checking/adjusting the switch on that button?

Yep.

I'm very glad that you're enjoying the game!

#2863 15 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yay! I've been semi-patiently waiting for players to start seriously digging into the rules... I love this stuff...

It's a shot in some modes and multiballs. Shooting it as part of a combo (e.g. left orbit->captive ball) gives a combo bonus. In the next code release, there's a Super Striker feature available occasionally (when Inga catches the ball on the UR flipper and says "Eins... Zwei... Drei... Strike!") for bigger points.
One nice thing about the captive ball is that there's a couple switches in its lane, so we can (and do) detect the strength of a hit on the captive ball, and alter awards accordingly.

No quick and easy answer to this question... 14 tent modes, 14 different answers: a mode like Füd Frenzy that wants you to make dozens of switches by necessity has different scoring patterns than a mode like Rotor that wants you to make a few lit shots. But for every tent mode, more ducks = higher scoring.

Similar answer to above.
I should note that I've focused a lot on score balancing over the recent couple weeks, so all the exact details of scoring will be different (and hopefully more fair and fun) soon anyway.

You can...
- Skill shot into the bar door
- Bash the bar X number of times, where X is based on difficulty adjustment setting, how many steins you've already collected, and how many Ish Pale Ales ("Easier to Collect Steins") you have.
- Bankshot off the PROST targets into the bar, which immediately opens the bar
- Do a left orbit->bar combo, which immediately opens the bar.

Either inlane -> opposing orbit will generally do an automatic nab. So will X number of pop bumper hits followed by an exit to the UR flipper.

You can complete the TAP lanes again while 2X Playfield is running; this will bump you to 3X Playfield and reset the timer. This is easier to do if you've collected one or more Baker Street Ales ("Increases Playfield X Time").
On a related note: if your Playfield X is larger than 2, when it times out, it doesn't drop all the way to 1X, it just decreases by 1X... you only get partial time at the reduced level, though.

It might be. However, actually making the ? Skill Shot is a bit excessive on difficulty, so hopefully it balances out.

Yep, already there, although not currently well celebrated when you get them. Yes, left orbit -> side ramp, left orbit -> captive ball, and left orbit -> bar are all combos, because who doesn't love orbit -> upper flipper combos? As I mentioned above, I consider bankshotting PROST into the bar to be a combo. Right ramp -> right orbit -> (auto-magnab) -> ramp is kind of a combo, though I need to enhance that one.

True. Already improved for the upcoming code release.

Yep, thanks for that feedback, I agree that Corkscrew MB is rather... red. There's a bunch of improvements I want to make to the lighting in both Corkscrew and Beer Barrel multiballs.

You should be able to. Not sure what to say about this one. So you have a ball trapped up, hit MagNab... it doesn't make the "electrical buzzing" sound or decrement your MagNab count? If it's only "sometimes", perhaps try checking/adjusting the switch on that button?

Yep.
I'm very glad that you're enjoying the game!

I don't even own the game, but I'm excited by all of these fantastic responses!

#2864 15 days ago

Thanks ferret. I really appreciate the quick response time and rule clarification. I’ll keep playing and make notes about other things I don’t quite understand. It’s awesome you guys are so into the community, keep up the good work!

#2865 15 days ago

Ferret is just as involved as Josh is on Houdini, which is mighty impressive. I am not able to go for Oktoberfest Just yet, but I sure as hell am getting one within the next year. Only problem is I am not willing to sell Houdini or any of my other games yet!

#2866 15 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Either inlane -> opposing orbit will generally do an automatic nab.

Just to add on to this, the rules around this behavior will be changed in the next release. There are times now when it might grab it, where you really don't want it to. So, once the new code goes out, based on game state it will decide if it should grab at flipper or lanes. So, if Beer barrel lock is lit or the bar is open, good chance it will choose to grab it there, but also depends on other things as well like is the right orbit lit for a mode shot, otherwise it will do it at the lanes to help advance playfield multiplier

I just made these changes last week, so Ferret and I are still evaluating them, and could make some more tweaks to the rules.

#2867 15 days ago

I haven’t played this game yet, and the theme honestly isn’t my cup of tea, so I think it’s probably not for me personally. But that said, I trust this programming team to deliver a really full and well thought out experience.

You can’t say that about some of the competition. Just saying. Get your money’s worth when it comes to code, there’s no excuse at these prices not to.

#2868 15 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Regarding combos, one of my favorite "feel good" shots is a left orbit followed by UR flipper into the tent hole to start a mode. The "side entrance" so to speak. Have you guys thought about making it a formal combo or adding some fanfare when it happens?

#2869 15 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...I trust this programming team to deliver a really full and well thought out experience.
You can’t say that about some of the competition. Just saying. Get your money’s worth when it comes to code, there’s no excuse at these prices not to.

+1 on that. I've played OKF about 60 times. When I first saw the game at TPF I was drawn in by the theme, the bright colors, the toys, the humor... and the fact that I liked Houdini. What I didn't realize is what a great job API did on the rules and flow in this game. To say the game is "fun" might be an understatement.

#2870 15 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Regarding combos, one of my favorite "feel good" shots is a left orbit followed by UR flipper into the tent hole to start a mode. The "side entrance" so to speak. Have you guys thought about making it a formal combo or adding some fanfare when it happens?

#2871 14 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I've observed this combo also and thought that it should do something... perhaps light Enter Tent if not already lit? Hasn't been a high priority, but yeah, don't be surprised if some sort of rule is added to this combo in the future.

I'm actually kinda amazed about how much stuff you can do with Oktoberfest's upper flipper... the scoop, ramp, captive ball, and bar are all full-fledged shots. But there's also a duck target up there that you might want to hit, and shooting the upper slingshot during Bumper Cars increases the scoring of that tent mode (and often gets slingshotted into the pop bumpers for additional scoring goodness) so it might actually be reasonable to shoot the slingshot in that situation. So... 6 viable targets from an upper flipper shot. That's pretty sweet IMHO. But I admit I'm a sucker for upper flippers.

#2872 14 days ago

BTW, while I'm thinking about it: since more people have gotten meaningful time playing Oktoberfest, if you haven't already, pop by its ratings area here on Pinside <https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/oktoberfest/ratings> and tell the world how you like it. The game will be getting its initial spot on the list this weekend, and I'd love that to be based mostly on players who've gotten real time on the game.

Thanks!

#2873 14 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

BTW, while I'm thinking about it: since more people have gotten meaningful time playing Oktoberfest, if you haven't already, pop by its ratings area here on Pinside &lt;https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/oktoberfest/ratings&gt; and tell the world how you like it. The game will be getting its initial spot on the list this weekend, and I'd love that to be based mostly on players who've gotten real time on the game.
Thanks!

Speaking of which, will there be one or more Oktoberfest machines at the Golden State Festival next weekend? I don't see any on the pin list, nor any Houdini. No AP machines at the show?

#2874 13 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Speaking of which, will there be one or more Oktoberfest machines at the Golden State Festival next weekend? I don't see any on the pin list, nor any Houdini. No AP machines at the show?

Oktoberfest and Houdini will be at Golden State Pinball Festival next weekend. Now over 300 games on floor.

#2875 13 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Oktoberfest and Houdini will be at Golden State Pinball Festival next weekend. Now over 300 games on floor.

I see they've been added to the list. Thanks! Looking forward to checking out Oktoberfest in person.

Weird that no one is bringing a Spooky Rob Zombie when there's so many people trying to sell one...they have all the "offical" Spooky (no Jetsons or Dominoes contract ones) except that one.

#2876 13 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I see they've been added to the list. Thanks! Looking forward to checking out Oktoberfest in person.
Weird that no one is bringing a Spooky Rob Zombie when there's so many people trying to sell one...they have all the "offical" Spooky (no Jetsons or Dominoes contract ones) except that one.

No Jetsons !
WTF ? Lol

#2877 13 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

No Jetsons !
WTF ? Lol

Well, it IS supposed to be crap, but I like to use show time to play all the pins I haven't run across in the wild. Jetsons is on that list. I'd like to play the legendary Thunderbirds, too.

#2878 13 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd like to play the legendary Thunderbirds, too.

No you wouldn't. Trust me, you wouldn't....

#2879 13 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

I really, really would. Even if it's as bad as everyone says, I want to experience it firsthand.

#2880 12 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I really, really would. Even if it's as bad as everyone says, I want to experience it firsthand.

I think it's really just incompetent, bland, and uninteresting at best/worst.

#2881 12 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think it's really just incompetent, bland, and uninteresting at best/worst.

Well, see, now I want to play it even more. At least one ball.

#2882 12 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, see, now I want to play it even more. At least one ball.

It's interesting. For me it didn't have the feel of a "real" pinball machine. More like it was 90% there. At one point my flipper was stuck in the up position. Took me a sec to realize the button was stuck in. Something about the pop bumpers also felt a bit off. I did have fun playing it though.

And just in case somebody isn't paying close attention, for some reason we're talking about Thunderbirds not Oktobarfest. Love Oktoberfest!

#2883 12 days ago

Thunderbirds is so terrible the flipper buttons feel uncomfortable under your fingers. It's just bad from the start.

#2884 12 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thunderbirds is so terrible the flipper buttons feel uncomfortable under your fingers. It's just bad from the start.

Well, now you're just taunting me. I must play this.

#2885 12 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just remember ... you've been warned.

<cue dramatic music>

#2886 12 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

So you can then come back here and criticize the shit out of it, as if you are making some pointless, yet educated post? Save us, and yourself, the trouble.

#2887 12 days ago

No Oktoberfest stream tomorrow night.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stream-channel-flip-n-out-pinball-with-ken-cromwell-amp-bill-webb#post-4990995

Until then:

Peacemaker.gif

BIG load.gif

Chug.gif

#2888 12 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So you can then come back here and criticize the shit out of it, as if you are making some pointless, yet educated post? Save us, and yourself, the trouble.

I don't have to bother. There's plenty of that already. PLENTY. Opinion seems to be like 99% against. But that does make we want to play it. Who knows? Given how quirky I can be, maybe I'll come back and write a long and florid dissertation about why everyone just doesn't get it and it's one of the best pins ever made. It could happen.

#2890 10 days ago

Played Oktoberfest a lot the past two days at Cidercade in Dallas. I really enjoyed it. There are some very tough shots to make. I never could dial in the timing to the third flipper steep ramp shot. Still ended up with second highest score and two mode champ initials. Thumbs up for Oktoberfest!

2DF38354-4AE9-4308-BF05-B41E650C413F (resized).jpeg3E2B63BC-BE90-4208-8871-3F1CE4869125 (resized).jpeg
#2891 10 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Blessed is Thunderbirds for removing Hercules from the bottom of the "top 400 pinball machines" list. Because I love Hercules.

#2892 10 days ago

I've held off on posting my impressions until playing it many times over a number of visits (@heliconbrewery) but I'm ready to share my thoughts.

+the game is built very well. It feels like a well made pinball game and you feel like you're getting your moneys worth

+it's packed with items, many cool features that really pop more in person than in pictures. I really like that keg, the pops, the ramps, etc

+although the animations are definitely not good, they aren't as bad when playing, mostly b/c you're not looking up. Sounds common sense but it's worth pointing out. Put it this way, I wouldn't pass on it JUST b/c of the animations but the animations DEF hold it back

+great unique layout that really seems to be something fresh. It's like a mix of Alien and WoZ.

+I went back and forth on this but i do like the theme considering the mix of beer and girls. Who doesn't like that? I really don't care for the carnival atmosphere though which is further weakened by the poor AV package.

+top right flipper shot is perfectly fine. Felt very good when it worked and was challenging enough but not unfair. No issues with hitting the big left ramp either - not sure what people are talking about. I was hitting it all day and I'm terrible.

+great use of magnets. Really liked how it would stop the ball for the top right flip.

- music. Wasn't feeling it. It's just so damn generic and doesn't speak to the player. This includes all music, during modes, end game, etc.

- Art - although in person the game does make a statement with how much is there, the art itself, including the showcased girl on the right side of the translite, just isn't attractive and takes away from the experience.

- the flip up ramp on the right is very tight. This shot doesn't need to be so tight either (see Alien) and I was hoping for something similar but not so much. Love that it's there though but it's just not a fun shot.

- Voices: Not good. I know apparently they have germans doing it but they come off comedic and not authentic.
Really takes away from the experience.

- Modes: I like the variety but the way the game is setup with the tents, stopping the action, it just kills the flow. Less is more here and the awful cut scene (that I know is temp but it's so bad, it shouldn't be there now) really doesn't help. This is where the art really hurts the game b/c I'm forced to watch these cut scenes and it really reminds you of the poor quality while playing the actual game reminds you of great quality. It's odd.

- Not enough use of that crazy corkscrew shot. I wanted to see more of it.

To summarize, I enjoyed my time playing it. I much prefer a game that plays fresh with poor art/audio/sound than stern's recent offerings of boring layouts, barren PFs but nice art and effects. I think it shoots well. It's just a missed opp in my mind. I really hope AP focuses on these sore spots in their next outing b/c to me they are succeeding in the more challenging aspects and completely failing in the easier ones.

#2893 10 days ago

accordion (resized).png

This is one of the accordion players we have working on the Oktoberfest music, as we have three more out of mode audio tracks to finish up as well as a few modes.

This gentlemen may look familiar to some of you, as he was in Home Alone as a member of John Candy's polka band. You can see him in this scene right behind John, the guy with the dark hair.

#2894 10 days ago

nice score!

#2895 10 days ago

Nice review Delt. I agree with most of what you said except I think the music and callouts are excellent but that's more of a subjective thing.

#2896 9 days ago

NEWEST UNRELEASED BETA CODE

Episode 1 of Flip N Out Pinball Streaming was a blast! Thanks again to hosts Ken and Bill for putting on a great show. Tune in to Twitch every Monday night around 9e/8c for gameplay of the newest pinball machines.

Be a pal real quick and follow us on YouTube and Twitch (twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball). You’re the best thanks!

#2897 9 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've held off on posting my impressions until playing it many times over a number of visits (@heliconbrewery) but I'm ready to share my thoughts.
+the game is built very well. It feels like a well made pinball game and you feel like you're getting your moneys worth
+it's packed with items, many cool features that really pop more in person than in pictures. I really like that keg, the pops, the ramps, etc
+although the animations are definitely not good, they aren't as bad when playing, mostly b/c you're not looking up. Sounds common sense but it's worth pointing out. Put it this way, I wouldn't pass on it JUST b/c of the animations but the animations DEF hold it back
+great unique layout that really seems to be something fresh. It's like a mix of Alien and WoZ.
+I went back and forth on this but i do like the theme considering the mix of beer and girls. Who doesn't like that? I really don't care for the carnival atmosphere though which is further weakened by the poor AV package.
+top right flipper shot is perfectly fine. Felt very good when it worked and was challenging enough but not unfair. No issues with hitting the big left ramp either - not sure what people are talking about. I was hitting it all day and I'm terrible.
+great use of magnets. Really liked how it would stop the ball for the top right flip.
- music. Wasn't feeling it. It's just so damn generic and doesn't speak to the player. This includes all music, during modes, end game, etc.
- Art - although in person the game does make a statement with how much is there, the art itself, including the showcased girl on the right side of the translite, just isn't attractive and takes away from the experience.
- the flip up ramp on the right is very tight. This shot doesn't need to be so tight either (see Alien) and I was hoping for something similar but not so much. Love that it's there though but it's just not a fun shot.
- Voices: Not good. I know apparently they have germans doing it but they come off comedic and not authentic.
Really takes away from the experience.
- Modes: I like the variety but the way the game is setup with the tents, stopping the action, it just kills the flow. Less is more here and the awful cut scene (that I know is temp but it's so bad, it shouldn't be there now) really doesn't help. This is where the art really hurts the game b/c I'm forced to watch these cut scenes and it really reminds you of the poor quality while playing the actual game reminds you of great quality. It's odd.
- Not enough use of that crazy corkscrew shot. I wanted to see more of it.
To summarize, I enjoyed my time playing it. I much prefer a game that plays fresh with poor art/audio/sound than stern's recent offerings of boring layouts, barren PFs but nice art and effects. I think it shoots well. It's just a missed opp in my mind. I really hope AP focuses on these sore spots in their next outing b/c to me they are succeeding in the more challenging aspects and completely failing in the easier ones.

You just about nailed it. Boy, this could've been an epic game. Don't get me wrong, it's really good, but AP is soooo close. I can't WAIT for their next one. And I may own this game at some point; I'm still not sure.

#2898 9 days ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

You just about nailed it. Boy, this could've been an epic game. Don't get me wrong, it's really good, but AP is soooo close. I can't WAIT for their next one. And I may own this game at some point; I'm still not sure.

I haven't watched much OF video yet to time the stop-n-go, but my hope is that all manufacturers in 2019 use the "hold both flippers" to gracefully exit ALL stop-n-go. It's a signal from the player to the MPU saying, "I've already seen this, please please spare me".
Hopefully OF has this standard feature.
-mof

#2899 9 days ago

Caught this sneaky lil guy on the artwork the other night. This one's for you LTG !

20190513_163508 (resized).jpg
#2900 9 days ago

Dang it , getting so close to ordering one!’

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
There are 2965 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 60.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside