(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 100.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read through all the threads. They were removed. One or more interfered with the balls going by.
LTG : )

Anyone notice that Otto is still looking for them?

#2802 4 years ago

Got to play a bunch of games on Oktoberfest tonight. I saw the reveal stream, but I didn’t realize how much was on the game until I stepped up to it. Packed playfield. The one issue I had was with the wire form after the ball was launched from the food vuk. It only made the inlane about 25% of the time. The rest of the time it would hit part of the wire form at the bottom and jump over to the outlane. Wonder if some type of plastic could be put there to prevent this. Other than that, the game had some fun stuff to go for.

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read through all the threads. They were removed. One or more interfered with the balls going by.

No, the figures riding the bumper cars were removed,not the cars themselves. Some people mentioned a mod for the cars. The pop bumper decoration is an american pinball trademark I thought like Houdini. This looks like a stern now?

#2804 4 years ago

We had to make a change to the cars as the seats were acting like a ball trap. A few game shipped without cars and just have a plastic, while the change was being made and those owners will get their cars.

#2805 4 years ago

Thanks, makes a big difference in the feel of the game after seeing regular bumpers. Hope AP continues doing this feature as a signature.

#2806 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Got to play a bunch of games on Oktoberfest tonight. I saw the reveal stream, but I didn’t realize how much was on the game until I stepped up to it. Packed playfield. The one issue I had was with the wire form after the ball was launched from the food vuk. It only made the inlane about 25% of the time. The rest of the time it would hit part of the wire form at the bottom and jump over to the outlane. Wonder if some type of plastic could be put there to prevent this. Other than that, the game had some fun stuff to go for.

And this is why I have NO IDEA how people can talk shit about a game, when they have only seen a video. Play the damn thing, then judge!!! Not talking about you fwi, just In general..

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And this is why I have NO IDEA how people can talk shit about a game, when they have only seen a video. Play the damn thing, then judge!!! Not talking about you fwi, just In general..

Totally. When I walked up to it, I had an image in mind from the stream. But the first thing that happened when I saw it for real, was I felt like it had the makings of a 90s pin, with the many wire forms and shots. It was pretty cool and I was pleasantly surprised.

#2808 4 years ago

For anyone on the fence, Oktobfest is a beautiful game with a unique theme, that plays like a dream, and is built like a tank.

I will throw it out there that I think it is one of the BEST pinballs made in the last few years.

#2809 4 years ago

Have one on order payed in full, anyone know what else can be added to the game from the factory ? I love mods but even better when there factory installed !

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Have one on order payed in full, anyone know what else can be added to the game from the factory ? I love mods but even better when there factory installed !

Shaker motor/knocker a must. They are both integrated into game play.
Side blades from factory is just damn convienent.

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Side blades from factory is just damn convienent.

Side blades on Oktoberfest are included in the purchase price and are pre-installed.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Shaker motor/knocker a must. They are both integrated into game play.

Must might be a touch strong, but I do recommend them both.

Magic Glass is the other current Add-on

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

well, most of the time, i know if i will like a game or not by just watching early vids (when its played by good players)
and so it was the (positive) case for OF... same fun feeling when i played it few ago

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I saw one of these on location in NYC in Sunshine Laundromat, but it seemed out of order. Anyone know what that’s about?

I'll spare you all the details, but I believe the needed replacements parts on on their way.

Quoted from mthirkell:

1. The right ramp is challenging, but not more challenging than it should be. I never reached the barrel multiball, though, in part because the ball popped out of the wireform on 2 occasions, which was very annoying since it is such a difficult shot to begin with. 2. The ball popped out of the Food wireform on several occasions, too. 3. I achieved the grand champion score (only because it's so new) but the system rebooted while I was entering my initials and I didn't get any credit. 4. There was no match after the game (probably just needs to be set by the owner). 5. At one point the flippers stopped working and I thought the game froze - it turns out that I was in some kind of skill-shot challenge but I apparently did not see or hear any prompting.

1) ball was popping out where? On way into the barrel? or somewhere else? If the former, I suggest opening up entry by the flange to help with that. Also if going off the one side, possible the wire form needs to be tweaked to lean a bit the other way
2) If back legs are up to high the ball get get too much speed going down the wireworm and pop off. Will PM more info to cjmjmm
3) yup, known bug tied to the extra flipper button, will be fixed in next official release.
4) No match yet, soon
5) sounds like 're-entry' right side outlane modes. After you have a couple of 'free ball saves' you then have to earn it. In this case, it is just the skill shot on the plunger hitting the scoop. If you make it, you continue your ball, if not, you are done. We will be adding some voice calls and an updated display message to help with this.

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'll spare you all the details, but I believe the needed replacements parts on on their way.

1) ball was popping out where? On way into the barrel? or somewhere else? If the former, I suggest opening up entry by the flange to help with that. Also if going off the one side, possible the wire form needs to be tweaked to lean a bit the other way
2) If back legs are up to high the ball get get too much speed going down the wireworm and pop off. Will PM more info to cjmjmm
3) yup, known bug tied to the extra flipper button, will be fixed in next official release.
4) No match yet, soon
5) sounds like 're-entry' right side outlane modes. After you have a couple of 'free ball saves' you then have to earn it. In this case, it is just the skill shot on the plunger hitting the scoop. If you make it, you continue your ball, if not, you are done. We will be adding some voice calls and an updated display message to help with this.

Thanks for responding. 1. Somewhere on the way to the barrel; I can't remember exactly where. It's just not a high percentage shot at this point so it was very frustrating for it not get to the barrel once I made it up the ramp. Sorry I don't have more info. I'll be playing again soon and will pay attention if it happens again.

#2815 4 years ago

Maybe I missed the detail, a couple of posts spoke of upgrades. I read that side blades are included and installed and the plastic topper comes with the game.

So what are the extras knocker? Shaker motor?

Thanks

#2816 4 years ago

Yes: knocker, shaker, and magic glass.

#2817 4 years ago

Thank you guess I’m buying a shaker and knocker

#2818 4 years ago

Is there an "adult" version of the game and if so, how does it differ and does it require a special order?

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Is there an "adult" version of the game and if so, how does it differ and does it require a special order?

No.

There might be software settings. Family friendly. Not family friendly.

#2821 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd and Ferret. I guess I have all I need now to confidently place an order with my distributor and join the queue.

#2822 4 years ago

Thanks for your support, I hope you love the game!

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
There might be software settings. Family friendly. Not family friendly.

the content is primarily audio and currently very little non family friendly content, but we have items in progress.

#2824 4 years ago

I want to add I am very pleased with the prompt response from American Pinball on any issues I've encountered with any Pinball game they have sold me. To date I think we own six or seven with 3 more on the way. Thanks guys. People are really enjoying the game at Helicon!

#2825 4 years ago

Thanks to you also for your support, @cjmjmm2006! So glad you and your customers are liking the games.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks to you also for your support, cjmjmm2006! So glad you and your customers are liking the games.

Man gotta say, along with the PF layout which I freaking love I have total faith in the Ferret!

Great work on Alien and caring about buyers after the fact

It means a lot

Now that issues are worked out should get my game this week

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks to you also for your support, cjmjmm2006! So glad you and your customers are liking the games.

"We have top men working on it right now."

"Who?"

"TOP men..."

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Thanks for responding. 1. Somewhere on the way to the barrel; I can't remember exactly where. It's just not a high percentage shot at this point so it was very frustrating for it not get to the barrel once I made it up the ramp. Sorry I don't have more info. I'll be playing again soon and will pay attention if it happens again.

Regarding the barrel ramp, I found that adjusting the UR Flipper coil strength can transform that frustrating shot into a smooth and satisfying shot. The shot is challenging, as it should be. If the game is set up right, and you make the shot cleanly, the ball should go to the barrel. The shot reminds me of the warp ramp in Star Trek Next Gen, but more fun I think, because of Mag Nab. I love the start sequence of both Beer Barrel Multiball and Corkscrew multiball, but I'm not going to describe any of that here (no spoilers)

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

It's just not a high percentage shot at this point so it was very frustrating for it not get to the barrel

In my game, adjusting the upper right flipper strength helped tremendously. Every game is different, I think, but in my game the magic number for upper right flipper strength is 30. I agree with you, it's a tough shot, and when you do make the shot, it should be a "feel good" shot. I can't get over how cool Magnab is. It activates two magnets simultaneously (the TAP lanes and the UR Flipper). Thus you can nab the ball and drop it in the TAP lanes, or you can nab the ball and shoot the Barrel Ramp.

#2830 4 years ago

Come play Oktoberfest and Houdini at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

75A33F18-8EF8-41F6-B5C6-769DEFF64638 (resized).jpeg75A33F18-8EF8-41F6-B5C6-769DEFF64638 (resized).jpegBD31D589-2D45-4621-A21F-226DF50DA577 (resized).jpegBD31D589-2D45-4621-A21F-226DF50DA577 (resized).jpeg
#2831 4 years ago

The game has been a huge hit local to me. Starport and one other local site with have Oktoberfest this Sunday. Excited to get these games in the wild to see what others really think of them! Cheers American Pinball! Well done!

#2832 4 years ago

Finally got to play it today at Pinfest. Loved it! Great job guys!

#2833 4 years ago

Rule question: Was playing this game with a buddy and he got into a beer barrel multiball with jackpot values 450k+. The stein that increases the value in that multiball was only picked 3 times and I believe he had close to 40 ducks. Is this scoring normal, or are there tweaks coming?

#2834 4 years ago

It’s actually calories that boost the jackpot values for Beer Barrel MB and Corkscrew MB... Ducks increase the value of tent modes. You earn calories from the Food Stand features. So hard to say if that was legit scoring... but if he had 3 of the steins that boost Beer Barrel MB scoring (Frosty Ferret)? ... Probably legit. Having three of those steins would mean that all Beer Barrel MB Jackpots were at 4X normal value (+1X for each Frosty Ferret). Of course there’s opportunity cost here: by loading up on that one stein, he was foregoing other benefits, like boosting Corkscrew MB values, or extending tent time, etc.

All that said: I’ve been spending a lot of time on score balancing in recent days, and the next code release will be (IMHO) better score balanced than the code that’s currently on games. I certainly welcome all feedback on anything that anyone thinks awards too many or not enough points.

Thanks!

#2835 4 years ago

BTW, I’ll be roaming Pinfest tomorrow, including hanging around the Oktoberfest for awhile, if anyone wants to ask questions, give feedback, or just say hi... please feel free. I love chatting about the game. I’m Joe (not to be confused with Joe Balcer, game designer, who’s also here ) and I’ll be wearing an FSPA (Free State Pinball Association) shirt.

#2836 4 years ago

I love this machine. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase one at the show today, and it is now set up in my game room with the topper I made from my Dad's old beer signs.

Great sound, super fun play, and overall a beautiful machine. Kudos AmericanPinball

I posted a video of the topper before, but here is a quick video of it installed. it fit on the machine perfectly.

tony c

#2837 4 years ago

Played it today, very fun game

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

BTW, I’ll be roaming Pinfest tomorrow, including hanging around the Oktoberfest for awhile, if anyone wants to ask questions, give feedback, or just say hi... please feel free.

Just don't put money on the glass and challenge him to a game unless you want to lose it!

#2839 4 years ago

Just played a few games and turned off "family friendly" mode.

2 great quotes:

when in bumper car mode "Inga is ready to bump, are you?"

and

"Is that a sausage in your pocket or are you just happy to see me."

great stuff. keep the humor coming!

#2840 4 years ago

Only played it once at Pinfest. Wanted to play more but ball times were so long, it felt like forever waiting in line.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I love this machine. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase one at the show today, and it is now set up in my game room with the topper I made from my Dad's old beer signs.
Great sound, super fun play, and overall a beautiful machine. Kudos americanpinball
I posted a video of the topper before, but here is a quick video of it installed. it fit on the machine perfectly.

tony c

Effing bad ass topper!!! And game room!!

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Effing bad ass topper!!! And game room!!

thanks. it has some sentimental value as the lights hung in my late dad's beer distributor about 50 years ago.

ps. love this Oktoberfest!

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

posted a video

Recommended viewing mode: (full screen)

ahhhhhh, now it's clear why so many upvotes...

#2844 4 years ago

Played both of the OF at Pinfest. I thought they were fun but had to choose many things during play. Was the best of all the new pins at the show. Talked to Joe Balcer for a bit. Great guy.

#2845 4 years ago

Hope to have an 'unboxing' soon. My distributor told me my game will be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Yea! I will post pictures when it arrives. In the meantime, have you checked out the Mod Couples's excellent mods for the latest from JJP. If not, here's a link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-willy-wonka-custom-mod-collection-by-themodcouple
I sure hope they put a bit of their creative genius to work for OKT and maybe give us some bumper car drivers and who knows what else. They really do superb work.

#2846 4 years ago

New Oktoberfest ready to ship from Flip N Out Pinball. Shoot me a message or call me and we will get it shipped out!

Zach
Flip N Out Pinball

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

thanks. it has some sentimental value as the lights hung in my late dad's beer distributor about 50 years ago.
ps. love this Oktoberfest!

That is just plain awesome and the sentimental value is a really cool thing to do. love it.

#2848 4 years ago

picked one up at pinfest lots of fun balcer even signed it prost!!!!!

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is just plain awesome and the sentimental value is a really cool thing to do. love it.

Thanks! and the picture rotating on the sign in the center is me and a group of friends at Oktoberfest in Munich!

now we just need some cool mods for that machine...hint hint..

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

... now we just need some cool mods for that machine...hint hint..

Some slightly more risque plastics and bumper car riders would be a cool start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/57?hl=acaciolo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.