(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 100.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I *think* the music was turned down more than usual. None of the streams I saw of it had the music loud enough to hear. Likely on purpose since it got so much criticism. Hopefully it's being fixed.

LOL. Expand on what you *think*, and provide meaningful data on why you *think* it was lower "than usual."
What is the baseline, "usual?" What was this pins music set at? Once you have hard data, revisit question #1.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We are testing out a change to the right 180 ramp designed to reduce rejects and so far pretty pleased with it. Would be retrofitted to the games already built. Possible this change will be on the machines at TPF.
Today I'll be working on putting in more voice calls and testing out a change Ferret checked in at 3AM for the Beer Barrel and Coaster locks where there is now an adjustment to leave balls locked between games. For beer barrel where you can steal locks, this will increase frequency of Beer Barrel Multiball, for Coaster, although you can't steal locks, leaving them in the lock will reduce the time you need to wait between games. There are some downsides to leaving the coaster locks as it will reduce skill shot opportunities (and you don't get see the balls rolling down the coaster at end of game).
Also added support for "non family friendly" voice calls and started to drop a couple of them in (primarily for testing) as well some modifications to Steins moving one to 'non family friendly' mode.
Now that last item should give you something to argue about.

Did the ramp change get implemented yet?

And on the games shipping now? Thanks and great job guys

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can’t say I’ve ever completely removed any reference to a podcast/artist/personality as fast as I did when that crap went down. Way to get swept up by the groupthink and expose oneself as a child

This i was not aware of, and sounds unprofessional and disappointing.

There is a middleground between that and dead flip's "yes man" attitude with stern.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can’t say I’ve ever completely removed any reference to a podcast/artist/personality as fast as I did when that crap went down. Way to get swept up by the groupthink and expose oneself as a child

Now I need to go watch and be nauseated by that review....

Has anyone been talking about the ridiculous shit Franci did with his "joke" to his Stern cohort/compatriot Yeti? Man, I'm so glad no one else in this industry behaves like that. It was embarrassing and truly unfunny, and so many other artists might have valued that TWIPY.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Has anyone been talking about the ridiculous shit Franci did with his "joke" to his Stern cohort/compatriot Yeti? Man, I'm so glad no one else in this industry behaves like that. It was embarrassing and truly unfunny, and so many other artists might have valued that TWIPY.

Umm, you might want to read this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon/page/7#post-4902002

And this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon/page/7#post-4902128

#2357 4 years ago

Thank you for the clarification. I definitely bought into it thinking it was an inside joke between the two of them, and a real trophy.

Doesn't mean it was funny though, at least to me anyway. Andy Kaufman, he is not.

Still rings to me of the overall "attitude" I feel from anyone representing Stern, smug and arrogant. Anyone not in on this inside "joke", would see this as a slight, and this is a small enough industry where more class than hijinks would do it well.

Oh well.

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And on the games shipping now? Thanks and great job guys

Assuming no?

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes the change to the right ramp has been made, and was changed out on all games that had already left the factory, except for possibly the one at Pacman, as well as Ferret's and my development games. From the game play I saw, the right ramp performed great.

#2360 4 years ago

For those who like numbers, I pulled audits from the four games that were in our booth, a few highlights . . .

Avg game time was 4:38
Avg score was 168,366

The most played tent modes were:
juggling 21%
Duck Hunt 13%
Target Shooting 10%

Least played were:
Rotor 3%
Tap It 4%
Stein Race 5%

BTW, while you can continue to play a tent mode you have not yet won, starting Juggling to have a 2 ball multiball is not really going to score much unless you advance through it by adding the balls and getting to the win and re-lighting the shots

Most popular Steins:
Sloshed Rosh Lager -- easier to spell OKTOBERFEST 13%
Engler Pale Ale -- more time in tents 12%
Frosty Ferret -- Higher Beer Barrel MB jackpots 11%

Least Popular Steins:
Reclab Redrum Stout -- Easier to increase bonus 2%
Pin Wiz Pale Ale -- Increases pop bumper values 2%
Master Mystery Dark -- Increases spinner values 3%

Game Time Distribution
game times (resized).pnggame times (resized).png

Scoring distribution
scoring breakdown (resized).pngscoring breakdown (resized).png

#2361 4 years ago

How many plays per game average ...?

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Agreed, After a long weekend curious the count on each machine and how many machines.

#2363 4 years ago

About the general illumination:

On friday night at TPF when the lights were down low, it seemed that Oktoberfest needed more general illumination.

It was pretty dark in the room for awhile.

A lot of games were dark and hard to see/play, including Munsters pro, not just Oktoberfest.

Much better when the room lights were up.

Might need to add some spot lights.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

For those who like numbers, I pulled audits from the four games that were in our booth, a few highlights . . .
Avg game time was 4:38
Avg score was 168,366
The most played tent modes were:
juggling 21%
Duck Hunt 13%
Target Shooting 10%
Least played were:
Rotor 3%
Tap It 4%
Stein Race 5%
BTW, while you can continue to play a tent mode you have not yet won, starting Juggling to have a 2 ball multiball is not really going to score much unless you advance through it by adding the balls and getting to the win and re-lighting the shots
Most popular Steins:
Sloshed Rosh Lager -- easier to spell OKTOBERFEST 13%
Engler Pale Ale -- more time in tents 12%
Frosty Ferret -- Higher Beer Barrel MB jackpots 11%
Least Popular Steins:
Reclab Redrum Stout -- Easier to increase bonus 2%
Pin Wiz Pale Ale -- Increases pop bumper values 2%
Master Mystery Dark -- Increases spinner values 3%
Game Time Distribution
[quoted image]
Scoring distribution
[quoted image]

The monkey stein was not popular?

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

it seemed that Oktoberfest needed more general illumination.

one of the machine had the back panel turned off since we were streaming it at times, which certainly made that one darker. But since we do a lot with mood lighting that can make it a bit darker at times.

Quoted from PinMonk:

The monkey stein was not popular?

the monkey stein has been moved to only be seen when the family friendly setting is set to "Off"

Quoted from transprtr4u:

around 375 games, so at 4:38 means each machine had a ball in play for about 29 hours

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

one of the machine had the back panel turned off since we were streaming it at times, which certainly made that one darker. But since we do a lot with mood lighting that can make it a bit darker at times.

the monkey stein has been moved to only be seen when the family friendly setting is set to "Off"

around 375 games, so at 4:38 means each machine had a ball in play for about 29 hours

Impressive

#2367 4 years ago

How has this never been done before?

Or has it, and I just overlooked it?

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 4.25.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 4.25.59 AM (resized).png
#2369 4 years ago

Got a nice gift from a friend that went to TPF

20190328_061533 (resized).jpg20190328_061533 (resized).jpg
#2370 4 years ago

Does the topper come with the game or is it extra?

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from chillie:

If it's like Houdini, it's extra.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from chillie:

https://www.pingraffix.com/ Joe had side blades and topper stuff for Octoberfest. Some that have the light show. At TPF. Looked great.

No idea if any come with game or not.

LTG : )

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.pingraffix.com/ Joe had side blades and topper stuff for Octoberfest. Some that have the light show. At TPF. Looked great.
No idea if any come with game or not.
LTG : )

The lighted topper they had set up on that one game, looked really nice.

#2374 4 years ago

We got one out on route in Madison! Great game so far!

IMG_20190331_105729 (resized).jpgIMG_20190331_105729 (resized).jpg
#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

We got one out on route in Madison! Great game so far!
[quoted image]

Cool! Let us know your thoughts on its gameplay please.

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

How has this never been done before?
Or has it, and I just overlooked it?[quoted image]

Great idea!

#2377 4 years ago

Hilton and I sought out this game last night.

Layout is pretty fun, does feel a bit like Alien meets WOZ. The rollercoaster ball lock and release is awesome, the magnet that holds ball for upper right flipper is cool (should have an option for English voice countdown though). Playfield art looks fine in person. It feels properly packed like a JJP game or older Stern/BW.

LCD still awful. It's ugly, the text is small and the art style is a complete mishmash. Photorealistic people, then hand drawn people, then a badly animated CGI guy eating a sausage. Side view of rollercoaster cars with their fronts visible?

It's disappointing to see so much effort go into a playfield but so very little into animation and art.

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hilton and I sought out this game last night.
Layout is pretty fun, does feel a bit like Alien meets WOZ. The rollercoaster ball lock and release is awesome, the magnet that holds ball for upper right flipper is cool (should have an option for English voice countdown though). Playfield art looks fine in person. It feels properly packed like a JJP game or older Stern/BW.
LCD still awful. It's ugly, the text is small and the art style is a complete mishmash. Photorealistic people, then hand drawn people, then a badly animated CGI guy eating a sausage. Side view of rollercoaster cars with their fronts visible?
It's disappointing to see so much effort go into a playfield but so very little into animation and art.

I never thought about the alien reference but you're absolutely right. Flip ramp to the right, left ramp next to it, pop bumpers top right.....yes i know many pinballs are similar but alien is pretty unique - this seems to lend some from that. Interesting - never noticed. I always thought it looked interesting shot wise but a bummer to hear about the presentation still being so weak.

#2379 4 years ago

Great to see so many people out last night! There seemed to be a logic issue with the locks holding balls in-between games. Either Code or a flaky switch under an extremely specific circumstance. Will keep an eye on that, but in the meantime we just turned off holding balls in-between games in the settings. Some tweaking will be done on coil strengths and some settings to dial everything in, but the API setting suite makes all that a breeze.

So far the less hard core pinballers really love the machine, with the more serious players being more up in the air. Ben was musing the initial WOZ response was similar, and that makes alot of sense. It is definitely a complete 180 degrees difference in vibe and play than Alice Cooper, which is great in a route lineup.

We have some fun stuff in the works to promote both the ACNC and the Oktoberfest... Just have to survive MGC next weekend!

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

There seemed to be a logic issue with the locks holding balls in-between games. Either Code or a flaky switch under an extremely specific circumstance.

Those adjustments were last-minute additions, so it’s possible that there’s a lurking bug. If you’re able to provide any more specific info about what you saw, please let me know and I’ll try to repro and fix.

Thanks!

#2381 4 years ago

Oh, and I’ll be very interested to hear further feedback from those “more serious players” as they get more time on the game. The strategy of the steins provides SO many ways to approach the game, but most people aren’t gonna fully grok the possibilities in just a few plays.

#2382 4 years ago

We have our league tomorrow night. Ill keep an eye and see what happens. Unfortunately I was working away from the machines when the issue happened.

The combining Steins with Tent Modes is where the action will be for the more serious players. Our league and locations are much more geared to the social side, so I don't I don't expect to see too many people dive too deep right away.

Other than that one issue under that specific set of circumstances the game is playing great!

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Ill keep an eye and see what happens.

What was the issue with holding locks between games?

Make sure the clock on the system is accurately set, if an issue of note happens, note the precise time, and then pull logs at the end of the night and send them to us. Just plug in a USB stick with no game code on it into the USB extension cable on the right side of the cabinet inside the coin door. The logs will be dumped, takes just a few seconds.

#2384 4 years ago

I'll triple check everything today and set the game to hold locks in-between games and we will beat it up in warm-up before league proper. Shoot me a PM with an email address and we can take it off the forum if you would like.

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Shoot me a PM with an email address

my email is all over pinside . . .

[email protected]

#2386 4 years ago

Also in a 3 player game it skipped player three during one of the balls. Not sure if that was lock related.

One handed stein race could use an audio cue telling you to use the dual buttons. Maybe hold the mode until player has tapped second button so they realize what it does? Mode was cool!

#2387 4 years ago

Played one of these at cidercade in dallas. The shots are alright, but man those animations are terrible. I assume its beta software. I may be back there tonight, Ill put in a few more games.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One handed stein race could use an audio cue telling you to use the dual buttons.

yup, was a bad miss on the last round of voice call recording not to get that one done. I like the idea of 'confirming' you understand.

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Played one of these at cidercade in dallas. The shots are alright, but man those animations are terrible. I assume its beta software. I may be back there tonight, Ill put in a few more games.

I haven't heard any indication they will be fixing the amateurish animations all over the game. It's really the main thing holding us back from bringing one in for the route. Just don't cut the mustard in the age of JJP and even Stern animation quality levels.

#2390 4 years ago

I'm a Houdini owner and have been eagerly awaiting the final Oktoberfest to see if I wanted to go in on one. I even sold a machine to fund a potential Oktoberfest purchase. However, I'm disappointed in the lack of response from API on the animations. It's clearly is a big issue for many potential buyers and yet there is no indication that API is going to listen to the feedback. There's really no excuse for the poor quality animations. I hate to be one of those "I'm out" people but I think I'm out. There's simply too many options out there competing for my money.

#2391 4 years ago

Back at cidercade this evening for some quality time with Oktoberfest.

The game shoots well. I like the flow. I get a WOZ feel from it a little.

The center shot for the vuk and the upper flipper to the ramp shot were kicking my ass. I was not able to start a barrel or corkskrew multiball....I set them both up multiple times and failed. Grr.

Im glad i saw ben’s comment about stein race. Thats a fun mode and i agree it needs a notice that its both buttons on the right.

I think all the modes need to have more explanation on the tent pages. I do not like how choppy the tent pages are to select between modes. Theyre slow and blurry when they move. Hurt my eyes to look at and they take forever to move.

The game started kicking two balls out and auto launching them at ball start if i rushed the bonus collect screen.

Again, the mode start pic is awful. I really hope this is a placeholder. It all needs a lot of love from a talented artist.

I had fun playing it, but nothing stood out.
A257E423-77B4-415B-B8D0-BC1464442642 (resized).jpegA257E423-77B4-415B-B8D0-BC1464442642 (resized).jpeg511C7B99-962F-4362-9978-E8F9EA960CE5 (resized).jpeg511C7B99-962F-4362-9978-E8F9EA960CE5 (resized).jpeg02941BA4-7993-4439-B2E2-97FA2BC96773 (resized).jpeg02941BA4-7993-4439-B2E2-97FA2BC96773 (resized).jpeg

#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'm a Houdini owner and have been eagerly awaiting the final Oktoberfest to see if I wanted to go in on one. I even sold a machine to fund a potential Oktoberfest purchase. However, I'm disappointed in the lack of response from API on the animations. It's clearly is a big issue for many potential buyers and yet there is no indication that API is going to listen to the feedback. There's really no excuse for the poor quality animations. I hate to be one of those "I'm out" people but I think I'm out. There's simply too many options out there competing for my money.

Couldn’t agree more....

#2393 4 years ago

Oktoberfest was my favorite game at TPF. I sure hope they fix this screen (copied from the previous post). It came up frequently (mode start, I think). It's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen in pinball (and I've seen a lot).

Image1.jpgImage1.jpg
#2394 4 years ago

Looks like a bad youtube home video that was converted from 8mm to VHS to streaming content, all very badly.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also in a 3 player game it skipped player three during one of the balls. Not sure if that was lock related.

If anyone sees any obvious bugs like this, please send as many details as possible to rosh and/or myself. If you own or operate the game, capture a log (Josh sent info about how to do this earlier in this thread), note the exact time of the problem (please set your machine's time in the service menu!), and send us the log. If you don't have access to the logs, no problem, just send us as much contextual information as possible to help us isolate the issue. I've played lots of 1, 2, 3, 4 player games and never seen that sort of bug, but certainly we are very concerned about any bugs and will eagerly fix them ASAP if we can reproduce them.

I think all the modes need to have more explanation on the tent pages.

We're actively improving stuff like start-of-mode instructions with both on-screen text and callouts. (Even compared to the software at TPF last weekend, there have been tons of software improvements... TPF was 10 days ago, that's an eternity in software dev time. ) We've tried to be very consistent with shot lighting... tent mode shots are blue. Multiball jackpots are red. Food Stand features are pinkish-purple... etc. Also: during tent selection and tent intro animation, playfield lights will flash blue to indicate the selected tent's shots, letting you get a general idea of what a tent wants you to do even before you start it. Also also: for all tent modes, there is consistently an info bar on the bottom of the screen that tells you what to shoot for, and how many more thingies (usually "shots" but sometimes things like "spinner spins") are needed to win the tent. Once you win the tent, that strip disappears and is replaced by bursts of confetti signifying that you won the tent and are now collecting victory shots.

The game started kicking two balls out and auto launching them at ball start if i rushed the bonus collect screen.

Ditto what I said to Ben above about logs and such. I double-flip to accelerate the bonus screen all the time and have never experienced the problem you describe, but we take bug reports seriously and will get them fixed if possible. (Although I'll be honest, I really like and am proud of the bonus screen and usually prefer to let it do its thing. )

I do not like how choppy the tent pages are to select between modes. Theyre slow and blurry when they move. Hurt my eyes to look at and they take forever to move.

Note that you do not need to wait for the animations to select modes, you can flipper-select as fast as you can. Personally, when I'm just playing and I'm choosing a tent, I watch the tent insert lights in the center of the playfield... the selected tent (the "cursor" if you will) flashes white, the left flipper moves counter-clockwise, and the right flipper moves clockwise. Strategic players will also note that tents you haven't played but for which you have that tent's stein will light in beer-amber (and the stein's logo will also show up on-screen during tent select)... since steins multiply tent scoring, that's often a good choice, but choose what works for you.

All of the screens shown by Chitownpinball and Paul_from_Gilroy are still being updated... the skill shot screen has already been improved, and the "zooming over the crowds in the tent" scene will be improved soon. We're certainly aware of areas that are not up to par. But just keeping it real... the entire animation package is not going to be scrapped and redone. We hope people will appreciate the overall game for what it's meant to be, which is playful, silly, fun... y'know, a festival. With a playful, silly, fun art style. And with lots of interesting shots and interesting rules to keep players coming back for more.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Looks like a bad youtube home video that was converted from 8mm to VHS to streaming content, all very badly.

It reminds me of bad windows games from the 90’s where you would have to put a new disc in every 20 minutes to keep playing.

As for the animation style. I see what you guys are going for, but I dont think youve quite gotten there yet.

I think the flat people and animations would look a lot better if you adopted a monty python style of animating. Stiff people and objects with anchor points at the joints to make all the characters like puppets might spice up the scheme of things. Even if the lady and man holding the beer had a little movement to them, something to spice up those scenes. A jolly rocking or swaying to the music.

The fonts are a bit small as well, and I thought the bonus screen looked like powerpoint. The art scheme just needs polish. You guys went for max gameplay on this one. The digital art needs to catch up.

Like I said, the game shoots pretty well. The shots arent redicilously hard. The only gameplay/flow gripe I have is that when the roller games magnet grabs the ball (which seemed like a lot) it looks like a hang up under the spinner. I kept checking the first couple games to see what was going on before I noticed the magnet. I also tried rushing the release of the ball multiple times by pressing both flippers but it didnt always work.

#2397 4 years ago

More suggestions:

Have both the right-side buttons activate both flippers at all times (so you could always play one handed if you wish) Add some art/text calling this a feature "Drink while you play!" Maybe the first time player hits the lower button have a callout "Hey, I could use my other hand to drink!" to really reinforce the idea before Stein mode. But just once per game so it doesn't become "SHOOT THE PYRAMID!"

In addition to voice callouts saying "hit both of the right hand buttons!" show a photo of it onscreen (like JJP does with the Start button) and a flashing arrow EXTRA FLIPPER BUTTON. Remember many people can't even find the Start button let alone this.

Add "negative reinforcement" if player presses left button during mode. "No, only use the buttons on the right!" That way they don't think the button/flipper is broken (as I first did)

In "Tapper" video mode, use the right hand buttons for the movement and the left for pour action.

#2398 4 years ago

I’m just frustrated by the tone deafness on the animations. API has gotten a ton of feedback going back to Houdini on the perceived deficiencies in the cohesiveness of the art and animation. I’m okay with the art but the animations are really terrible and yet there appears to be no recognition of the problem.

I can’t help but feel if Spooky can bring terrific animation to ACNC that it could be within the the development budget to contract with an up and coming animator to bring your animations into the modern era.

If you are going to put a large LCD screen on a pin you should be prepared to put something on it to make the game shine and bring the game to life. You’d be better off getting rid of the animations and focus on high quality still images otherwise they’re a distraction from the quality of the package. I’m being critical because I’m a fan of API and want to see you succeed. Everyone is bitching about the quality of the animations so listen.

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

More suggestions:
Have both the right-side buttons activate both flippers at all times (so you could always play one handed if you wish) Add some art/text calling this a feature "Drink while you play!"
In addition to voice callouts saying "hit both of the right hand buttons!" show a photo of it onscreen (like JJP does with the Start button)
Add "negative reinforcement" if player presses left button during mode. "No, only use the buttons on the right!" That way they don't think the button/flipper is broken (as I first did)
In "Tapper" video mode, use the right hand buttons for the movement and the left for pour action.

The extra button on the right is for the player controlled magnets, so can't always be the left flipper. However, there is a setting to be able to play the entire game one handed. We are evaluation an option where at start of game you could hold in both buttons for a couple of seconds before pressing start to put the game into one handed mode vs via settings. My gut says that it would be unlikely for someone to do that by mistake, but would likely be a setting to disable that feature as well.

We have discussed that on Tap-It, but felt that moving left and right is more intuitive with the flippers on either side. Like most video modes, takes a few times to get the feel for what you need to do.

Btw, you can also use the extra button when doing high score entry to move and down through the letters.

Quoted from konjurer:

I’m just frustrated by the tone deafness on the animations. API has gotten a ton of feedback going back to Houdini on the perceived deficiencies in the cohesiveness of the art and animation. I’m okay with the art but the animations are really terrible and yet there appears to be no recognition of the problem.

While I am sure I will get blasted for what I am about to say, I don't feel that is a fair statement. As you know we listen to all feedback and have demonstrated that we will adjust what we are doing. We continue to strive to make our animations better. While not all will agree, I think what we have done on Oktoberfest is better than what we did on Houdini. I think each company is finding ways to get better with each release. I'm confident that we will do on our next game will be even better. As Ferret indicated, we are still actively working on the Oktoberfest animations and will continue to do so (game logic is in the home stretch). I've had animators from multiple companies comment to me that they feel the criticism of our animations is out of line with what we have done, there is a lot of good stuff on our display, but I get there is a desire to criticize and our animations are not yet where we would like them to be, so I'm not surprised by the hate. The general consensus is we provide a lot of game for the money. There are always tradeoffs, we are not selling machines at 9k or 11K, we try to allocate resources to get our buyers the most game for the money and at the same time build a profitable company. Regardless, we will continue to improve everything we do, so we can provide loaded games, with a great experience for the lowest price we can. As many of you have experienced, our games are extremely well built, have fun and challenging rules, have unique layouts, and give you a lot for the money. I'm pretty pleased with what we have produced, I understand not everyone will be.

Again, we do listen to all feedback, and we do take it to heart. I'm sure my comments will not sit well with some, I've got my flame retardant suit on, so, keyboard warriors, ready, set, go . . .

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

so I'm not surprised by the hate

I am surprised by it.

I am also surprised by the haters hate for Houdini.

I find the animations campy, fun and very game-like.

Hate on. Haters!

"Haters gotta hate..." lol

I really like what you guys are doing. I get it.

I love Houdini. It's an amazing game, getting better and better with all the updates.

I can see that Oktoberfest will be even more amazing!

The non-stop long lines at TPF for Oktoberfest tells me it's a hit!

Great job API

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.