Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,317 posts
  • 347 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 295 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
eba5270565afce9fc3f9e578778bf5af318024ff (resized).jpeg
bumper-cars-fix (resized).jpg
bumper-cars (resized).jpg
okf (resized).jpg
IMG_5040 (resized).jpg
IMG_5047 (resized).jpg
IMG_5046 (resized).jpg
IMG_5045 (resized).jpg
IMG_5043 (resized).jpg
IMG_5044 (resized).jpg
IMG_5041 (resized).jpg
IMG_5037 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
have_a_drink (resized).jpg
0FAB8BC8-3AAF-46B7-8854-90CAAC6AF92C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2317 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.
#2301 5 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How have I not heard this one?! Devil’s advocate: I do think the scoring page as-is is helpful because it tells you other ways in which you can get points which may not altogether be obvious or which you may not always remember

Maybe that is why I like that one because it comes up only so often. It is the snarky ones we always hear that become irritating. Maybe a deeper comment set would help .

The scoring page is helpful but I have to explain to people that those minuscule points don't matter and that stage illusions and multiballs are how you score.

#2302 5 days ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Lowest score of the day should get the "participation trophy" as a sarcastic award.

I say we get rid of scores all together!. Seriously when did the "men" in this country start becoming such wimps!

#2303 4 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I say we get rid of scores all together!. Seriously when did the "men" in this country start becoming such wimps!

What did you say about my mama...... Coach, can I Hulk Smash him?

Just kidding

Wouldn't getting rid of the scores be the opposite of manly and be what's going on now a days with the "Everyone Wins" and "Participation trophies" for everyone mentality.

The biggest problem with no scores is how would someone win at Dollar Games?

#2304 4 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

how would someone win at Dollar Games?

Play for knocks? If they havent removed them for cost savings... wait, nix that, they already have.

#2305 3 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

The 14 tent modes are each very different a far as what shots are needed (mode shots have inserts lit as Blue). It was a goal to be sure we leveraged all the different parts of the playfield in the modes. There is quite a variety . . .
Ring Toss is about hitting the targets on the Oktober and fest target banks, alternating one side from the other
Stein Race, which is one handed play, starts with several shots lit, but if you shoot a shot already made (shows red), then you spill beer and the point value reduces.
Chugging -- a sequence of shots, first a two shots sequence to beat Inga, then a three shot sequence to beat Otto. And then a more difficult sequence in the re-match.
Looper, is about shooting the left ramp that feeds the coaster
Juggler is an add-a-ball, starts with two balls, then a sequence of shots to complete that adds another and then another series to add one more
Target Shooting is shooting a shifting set of lights on the PROST target bank in the middle of the playfield.
Duck Hunting hitting the four ducks targets around the playfield, can't hit the same one twice in a row
Rockin Express -- spinner scores, shoot lit orbit to increase value
Rotor -- shots lit one at time, moving left to right and then back again
Füd Frenzy -- should be self explanatory
Bumper Cars -- shoot pops and slings
Sky slide -- knock down drop target, shoot the vuk before it times out and target comes back up
Tap-it -- Video mode
All modes have a goal to meet to get the 'win' (tent on playfield will then show up as Green), if you don't win, you can play the mode again (shows as yellow) and it will resume where you left off. A 'beer colored' tent on the playfield means you have the stein that boosts it, but have not yet played it. The Tent you are currently in shows Blue. Play all 13 to get to the 14 tent, Flipper Meister (available soon)

They were a casualty of budget issues, but I believe they will be available for purchase.

OK back to Oktoberfest the pin

The Arcade bar in Macon GA i helped in the direction of Oktoberfest has confirmed the purchase with the perfect inaugural event a weekend Beer Festival. I am going to help run the single pin tournament so looking for some ideas for fun ways to get passers by's to stop and play. They have partnered with the local breweries to get some great prizes for every hour give aways from 3-11pm April 26th.

We'll start with simple high score chase style of course.
Can the pin be set to the one handed play only at any time? Would love to do an hour or so of just that.
Possibly a Pin Golf type hour or so also with a few goals, not sure which objectives would be the best for that yet. Suggestions would be great.

Any other Ideas would be greatly appreciated also. This is the Perfect event for this pin a Beer Festival at a Arcade Bar shouldn't be hard to get people to play it.

#2306 3 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Can the pin be set to the one handed play only at any time? Would love to do an hour or so of just that.

Sure can, it's an operator adjustment.

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Possibly a Pin Golf type hour or so also with a few goals, not sure which objectives would be the best for that yet. Suggestions would be great.

Hmmm, I haven't play-tested any of these for PinGolf, but here are a few ideas...

- Win a tent feature (potentially easy)
- Start a Food Stand feature (easy)
- Start Roller Coaster Multiball (medium)
- Get 100 calories from the Food Stand (medium-hard; tweakable by adjusting that number)
- Collect 5 steins (medium-hard)
- Start Duck Derby (hard, though can be made easier via operator adjustment)

Enjoy!

#2307 2 days ago

Od love to see a duck hunt vid modes.
Left right aim with flipper buttons and fire with third flipper button.

#2308 1 day ago

Can we get some kind of update so that people start arguing again?

#2309 19 hours ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

This should start an argument.... looks fun cant wait to play one. Ap has raised the bar again with a jam packed playfield for the money.
Ok shouldn't take long now. Lol.

#2310 19 hours ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

We are testing out a change to the right 180 ramp designed to reduce rejects and so far pretty pleased with it. Would be retrofitted to the games already built. Possible this change will be on the machines at TPF.

Today I'll be working on putting in more voice calls and testing out a change Ferret checked in at 3AM for the Beer Barrel and Coaster locks where there is now an adjustment to leave balls locked between games. For beer barrel where you can steal locks, this will increase frequency of Beer Barrel Multiball, for Coaster, although you can't steal locks, leaving them in the lock will reduce the time you need to wait between games. There are some downsides to leaving the coaster locks as it will reduce skill shot opportunities (and you don't get see the balls rolling down the coaster at end of game).

Also added support for "non family friendly" voice calls and started to drop a couple of them in (primarily for testing) as well some modifications to Steins moving one to 'non family friendly' mode.

Now that last item should give you something to argue about.

#2311 16 hours ago
Quoted from rosh:

We are testing out a change to the right 180 ramp designed to reduce rejects and so far pretty pleased with it. Would be retrofitted to the games already built. Possible this change will be on the machines at TPF.

Very happy to hear about this as it was the only shot on the game I thought needed to be re-worked, I had a lot of rejects from it.

#2312 14 hours ago
Quoted from Platypus:

The insults do become irritating, especially when it wasn't your fault. I have been meaning to come up with a list of compliments that encourage players.
Like "concentrate and you will secede" or "We want you back on stage", "Learn to focus"

I'm hoping for a pinball machine that will give me a participation sticker after I suck at playing it, so I can feel better about myself...

#2313 14 hours ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm hoping for a pinball machine that will give me a participation sticker after I suck at playing it, so I can feel better about myself...

You might be able to find a pin set up for redemption and you would likely get at least one ticket, even if you suck.

#2314 9 hours ago
Quoted from rosh:

Great news!

#2315 8 hours ago

Looks like fun. Can’t wait to play it!

#2316 3 hours ago
Quoted from rosh:

Today I'll be working on putting in more voice calls and testing out a change Ferret checked in at 3AM for the Beer Barrel and Coaster locks where there is now an adjustment to leave balls locked between games. For beer barrel where you can steal locks, this will increase frequency of Beer Barrel Multiball, for Coaster, although you can't steal locks, leaving them in the lock will reduce the time you need to wait between games. There are some downsides to leaving the coaster locks as it will reduce skill shot opportunities (and you don't get see the balls rolling down the coaster at end of game).
Also added support for "non family friendly" voice calls and started to drop a couple of them in (primarily for testing) as well some modifications to Steins moving one to 'non family friendly' mode.

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the update.

#2317 2 hours ago
Quoted from rosh:

New Houdini code at TPF?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 250.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 4.95
€ 45.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 21.00
There are 2317 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside