(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 100.
#2051 5 years ago

AP ??? Any guess when you start shipping ?

#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

AP ??? Any guess when you start shipping ?

I think I remember Josh saying they'll be shipping later this month.

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THAT is a lazy and actually false narrative.
jjPotC has a TON of custom 3D that is created to seamlessly integrate with the movie assets. It's SO good you may not have noticed it, which is testimony to its excellence. A PERFECT example is the multiball intro for the chapters, and especially the On Stranger Tides chapter that has the camera in the water and the cannonballs/pinballs falling into the sea off the side of the ship. It's impressive and seamlessly integrated with the rest of the assets. Art direction, font use, music, and animation are all top-level for that and are an example of the work that is a universe away from the level of work AP is doing with Oktoberfest. They COULD get that level of work (in 2D or 3D, live action or animated) with a talented artist/animator with art direction skills, but they haven't.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I was, well I already said, that a page or two back regarding these two games specifically. Played some POTC yesterday, and those animations are always so exciting to see, no matter how many.....(or few given I suck) times I see them.

API does such an overwhelmingly great job in so many ways, but this is a literal night and day difference in this regard. I really hope they improve this aspect over time.

#2054 5 years ago

Concerning the animation, is it not so that they are also held back by the electronics they use ? I can very much imagine that the full on PC that JJP uses with a SSD with loads of storage is much better for animations and video content than the system AP uses (is that PROC ??)

That of course has nothing to do with the fonts being used or the colors, but that is always subjective as tastes differ and maybe the thoughts behind it are unknown to us (like what Ferret explained with the music choice in OF, btw here another vote for getting rid of the rock ).

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Concerning the animation, is it not so that they are also held back by the electronics they use ? I can very much imagine that the full on PC that JJP uses with a SSD with loads of storage is much better for animations and video content than the system AP uses (is that PROC ??)
That of course has nothing to do with the fonts being used or the colors, but that is always subjective as tastes differ and maybe the thoughts behind it are unknown to us (like what Ferret explained with the music choice in OF, btw here another vote for getting rid of the rock ).

Bad font choices, bad colors, bad transitions, bad 2D animations are not a function of the graphics chip. On-board graphics chips these days are plenty powerful enough to deliver the graphics you're seeing on jjPotC, but I'm pretty sure most of that is pre-rendered anyway, so literally ANY PC that can stream video can play that level.

The AP problem is primarily an art direction and animator talent issue.

#2056 5 years ago

It used to be we were focused on what was going on under the glass (playfield), but now we're focused on what's behind the glass (screen).

So if the images on the screen are great, are we willing to accept less on the playfield ?

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

P3-ROC is just a controller. It’s driven by a PC, which also does the screen. So technically POTC and Oktoberfest have the same capabilities, video-wise.

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It used to be we were focused on what was going on under the glass (playfield), but now we're focused on what's behind the glass (screen).
So if the images on the screen are great, are we willing to accept less on the playfield ?

I would say No. To me the New LCD animations are not in my top 5 things I want out of a pin. For me not in any order but playfield layout, theme, art, music, call outs, quality (sorry Spooky) then somewhere after all that is what's up on the LCD
Do you guys really care that much about whats on the LCD? Yes this isn't Great but to me the issues still are the music and call outs. The art seems to be done and I still hate the mustache girl and besides one mention a long time ago about women doing it at the festival I didn't see a mention that it was a competition and if that's the case it should say that in English sorry I don't read German but I can use my label maker and slap a sticker over that.
After watching parts of the steam several times now I'm still not to into the music, Rosh said he straight up vetoed the chicken dance song but that's a fun silly song that is one of the few things that would tie the American public into your Americanized Oktoberfest pin. Besides beer that comes out for Oktoberfest and some random beer specials at bars that's all I knew about the festival till Josh explained a lot of it in the STDM video early on. If you watch the steam there seems to be a good mix of people men and women playing it but you never really see people smiling or jamming out to the music everyone seems to just step up play and turn away the music is still off, it seems like there needs to be more silly call outs more often a little funny taunting from Otto a little "hey can you see str8, shoot the flashing lights" kind of stuff something to make me laugh.
With as much crying about the LCD animations that is happening its as if every pin without awesome animations sucks so Fun House is a bad game does Cirqus Voltaire suck? Both of those kind of similar fair type themes both with lots of funny call outs and both Great games.
I for one just want the Music and Call Outs to get finished first before all the animations get attention, yes they need attention but not over the music, you can process sound faster than you can process visual ques I want to focus on the playfield while I play and to be hit with some funny call outs and music while i play a theme like this. Not all pins should be funny but this theme should be.

#2059 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Delt, it never was my intention to insult anyone, yourself included. I do feel that it is a lazy narrative though. Lets take your POTC that you love for instance, and I believe either own or have committed to. Is it difficult to have video assets put on a LCD from an existing IP? I'm not sure, but I doubt it. Are the animations outside of those licensed assets so stunning that you bought one? I am not picking on Pirates. I am just giving an example here. Getaway. I have owned it, you own it now. It has some of the worst dots ever made in my opinion, despite it being a great game. Do you go to the Getaway topics and scream holy hell about how bad the dots are? Probably not. I simply say it is a lazy narrative because it seems that it is being disproportionately chided for its LCD by people who seem to forgive other games that they own that never were purchased based on the quality of animations.
You are welcome to your opinion. I have mine as well. I simply do not feel the LCD is worthy of the malevolence and animosity that some show it.

There are opinions sure but are you trying to use JJP pirates as a game to compare to this one regarding quality of A/V? I'm sure you're not bc that would literally be insane. JJP is the example of how to make an lcd work in Pinball but I know you're already aware of this. Shout out to highway Pinball and alien as that is another great example of how to use an LCD well.

If were back to dots, I actually like the getaway and what it does. Great art style that captures the spirit of a game that came out in the early 90s. Nothing like comparing a 2019 game to one in a 1992.

Let me help you here a little. I think what you're trying to say is that you can tell the package isn't top tier but that's ok with you. I can understand that and have no issues but I would suggest you don't put down others but classifying them as lazy. I could continue this and label you with 7 different things right but I'm not going to. I'll just continue calling out like I've always done both positive and negative.

@bertodrink - you're exactly right. I'm not saying it's LCD only. I originally mentioned A/V package as that is really concerning right now and to me that is a big deal when playing pinball (IMO - others don't care but I do). I really like what I'm seeing from the gameplay/shots/layout which is why I'm actually even on this thread right now.

#2060 5 years ago

What I believe is most important is layout and rules, if those aren't good the rest does not matter at all. A great layout can survive okay rules and an okay layout can be salvaged by great rules. But if either are truly bad, hard to think it will be a fun game, at least beyond a few plays.

Beyond that music is most important it is whats sets the tone during game play, followed by light shows and callouts, which provide the accent. Way at the bottom of the list is the display. As a player, I don't look up at the display often, but when I do, what I care about is if I can get the info I need, when I need it. I want it to guide me through game play, especially when learning the rules and objectives. If I am a spectator, I'm going to be looking at the display more than a player, and it is nice to see cool animations, but I still have more of my attention at what is going on under the glass.

what JJP has done on with the LCD on their games is pretty outstanding, they also cost significantly more money. From what I have see American pinball is giving a lot of game for the money and if one of the reasons the game is less expensive is they put less budget into the animations, I get that. Question is, would it be worth say $500 a game for better animations, or would I rather put that money elsewhere. I guess the other questions is when they are selling more machines, will they put more money into the animations.

Looking at those two multiball start screens, the JJP certainly has a nicer look and style to it, but not like the Oktoberfest one is bad, just different, and compared to the dots we used go get, there is no comparison. I guess JJP has spoiled us, but, just seems some are way too focused on what I consider the least most important part of the machine.

From those who played sounds like the game shoots well and the rules/code are fun and appear deep, so, that bodes well. Looking forward to playing it.

#2061 5 years ago

I'd agree that the LCD is the least important part of a game but if you're gonna put one in do it right.

It's also absurd to say "anything" on an LCD is better than when we had dots. Rubbish. Any well done dot game has far more artistry in it than OKF.

#2062 5 years ago

In my opinion, display is very important. It ties the entire game together, very much like an insert matrix on the playfield. So the animations themselves really don’t need to be good or ground breaking, but where the focus needs to lie in the display is conveying information to the player - mainly scoring display, followed by rules progression. This is where fonts and information display becomes the key factor, not HD art.

A Good example of this would be IMDN and how features on the insert matrix are tied into the main display dashboard, and scoring features are very legible and easy to follow along.

Poor example would be Aerosmith. They did a good job of showing scores and progression but the fonts and colors used are so washed out it’s hard to follow along with.

Hopefully, API figures out a happy medium for OKF, this game looks very promising and quite fun too. Can’t wait to flip it.

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

still hate the mustache girl

Wow, still in this "New Millennium" a T-Girl can't get no love, those laser treatments aren't free you know...lol

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hopefully, API figures out a happy medium for OKF, this game looks very promising and quite fun too. Can’t wait to flip it.

After reading the 4 passionate novels about graphic quality, just above this, I cant agree more.

Still, for me its what's on the table and call outs, more than the trim, cab art or on the new screens.

Cool music is a plus.

Had a great game on TH last night.

The custom soundtrack and callouts are EPIC!

#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

No, but from what I have seen the video graphics are so bad that they are distracting
Why use an LCD if you are going to have crappy graphics - should of released this game with a DMD

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

what JJP has done on with the LCD on their games is pretty outstanding, they also cost significantly more money. From what I have see American pinball is giving a lot of game for the money and if one of the reasons the game is less expensive is they put less budget into the animations, I get that. Question is, would it be worth say $500 a game for better animations, or would I rather put that money elsewhere.

Exactly. 8500 for a standard JJP vs low 7s for a AP game. People seem to forget this.

#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

No, but from what I have seen the video graphics are so bad that they are distracting
Why use an LCD if you are going to have crappy graphics - should of released this game with a DMD

The DMD and effort to learn how to do dots for it would likely be more expensive that what they are doing with the LCD.

#2068 5 years ago

I have done dot artwork... it is not easy, it is not quick, and it is not very forgiving. Using existing IP to generate it is only a starting point, each animation needs tweeked frame per frame, even when video is used as a source, you do half of the animation by hand due to all the ‘tweening and tweeking to get it recognizable in such low resolution. I respect dot artists.
I have done rendered UI animation as well, and I would not be the first GA to say API’s efforts have fallen short of the mark, especially comparing them to JJP, Stern, and even themselves to some degree, because even the semi-soft turd-like graphics of Houdini has more polish on it than Oktoberfest, so I am hoping they get the can and rag out and give it a few rub and tugs before they are finished.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

what JJP has done on with the LCD on their games is pretty outstanding, they also cost significantly more money. From what I have see American pinball is giving a lot of game for the money and if one of the reasons the game is less expensive is they put less budget into the animations, I get that. Question is, would it be worth say $500 a game for better animations

Yes. It would absolutely be worth $500 more to get a full professional animation package with good art direction and cohesive design.

But it would not cost that much. They could get where they need to go by about half that, which would be "good enough" and set a platform for them to really blossom with their upcoming unlicensed titles like Sherlock Holmes and Robin Hood, etc.

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It would absolutely be worth $500 more to get a full professional animation package with good art direction and cohesive design.
But it would not cost that much. They could get where they need to go by about half that, which would be "good enough" and set a platform for them to really blossom with their upcoming unlicensed titles like Sherlock Holmes and Robin Hood, etc.

I say give them time...
The market will determine if it's worth the expense.

After a game has been in the wild for a year or 2, no one cares.

It's off to the next one.

Stern, Bally and William's have proven that cheap games and lots of them is where the money is.

I dont know if this new home "Collectors" market is sustainable

Earnings are king.

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Exactly. 8500 for a standard JJP vs low 7s for a AP game. People seem to forget this.

Exactly what I was going to say!!

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd agree that the LCD is the least important part of a game but if you're gonna put one in do it right.

There's literally thousands of indie game designers with relevant UX experience that would probably kill to get an actual paycheque to work on games.

#2074 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Then AP are not charging enough. Raise the price and do it right - the entire game, not just part of it.

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Any well done dot game has far more artistry in it than OKF.

That’s silly. OKF has far better animations than any dots. If the opposite were true then you could just replicate dots on the LCD ala what Chicago Gaming does with the remakes. Be real here... no one would be happy with dots on a high res display. You’d all be screaming about that.

I’m not happy either. The bar is so much higher with better technology. If you are an animator you’re talent level becomes very obvious with more pixels and colors.

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There are opinions sure but are you trying to use JJP pirates as a game to compare to this one regarding quality of A/V? I'm sure you're not bc that would literally be insane. JJP is the example of how to make an lcd work in Pinball but I know you're already aware of this. Shout out to highway Pinball and alien as that is another great example of how to use an LCD well.
If were back to dots, I actually like the getaway and what it does. Great art style that captures the spirit of a game that came out in the early 90s. Nothing like comparing a 2019 game to one in a 1992.
Let me help you here a little. I think what you're trying to say is that you can tell the package isn't top tier but that's ok with you. I can understand that and have no issues but I would suggest you don't put down others but classifying them as lazy. I could continue this and label you with 7 different things right but I'm not going to. I'll just continue calling out like I've always done both positive and negative.
@bertodrink - you're exactly right. I'm not saying it's LCD only. I originally mentioned A/V package as that is really concerning right now and to me that is a big deal when playing pinball (IMO - others don't care but I do). I really like what I'm seeing from the gameplay/shots/layout which is why I'm actually even on this thread right now.

7 things you could label me as? Really? Help yourself. I'm game. I find it funny that the phrase lazy narrative struck such a chord with you. If your thoughtful assessment requires a PM, feel free Pete.

I love JJP. See my collection. Pirates is the only game I wouldn't buy. I am not in the pirates thread screaming how much I dislike it. I just won't buy it. Then again, it's pretty apparent we have a different make up and sensibility, among other things.

#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Then AP are not charging enough. Raise the price and do it right - the entire game, not just part of it.

Yeah, keep raising NIB prices for consumers and ops.

That’s totally sustainable and quality will improve too!!

Good grief.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

7 things you could label me as? Really? Help yourself. I'm game. I find it funny that the phrase lazy narrative struck such a chord with you. If your thoughtful assessment requires a PM, feel free Pete.
I love JJP. See my collection. Pirates is the only game I wouldn't buy. I am not in the pirates thread screaming how much I dislike it. I just won't buy it. Then again, it's pretty apparent we have a different make up and sensibility, among other things.

No need to pm Pete I would just say it here buddy. Point is I'm not looking to insult people. When someone is using jjp as an example of a bad implementation of LCD use, it's almost embarrassing so not going to pile on right?

Make whatever point you want but watch the unnecessary insults. Go ahead and explain why Pirates is terrible in that thread. Who cares but use logic to support your opinion. That's what makes this place great. Insulting others well that's just being a dick.

#2079 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

.......aaaaaaand $5800 for most Stern Pro's, where they've finally caught up to JJP in this regard. The Beatles is pricier, sure, but looks very, very meticulous with font design, image integration, and animations. The Munsters has many clips supplementing it's art package, but the created animations look polished, as do fonts. Not perfect or JJP level, but professional quality.

Interestingly enough, I played the Beatles with so much crowd noise the other night, and I lost nearly any appeal to connect with the game. For different games, specific aspects DO tie into game enjoyment. If the ship cannon isn't firing or the Black Pearl isn't rocking in POTC, yes that would have an effect on enjoyment. Just as if these animations aren't of a higher quality, they will detract from the high quality work on the playfield and cabinet. It's all one package, and once an LCD is integrated into that package, whether you personally don't look at it frequently while playing, you definitely will more so while playing with a friend.

And whether a Stern is lower priced, API is mid, and JJP high, there IS parity when these machines sit next to each other in a pinball friendly environment. You'll see and compare, sans acknowledgement of price. Certainly non pinball folks will, without ever getting into the minutiae that goes on in this forum.

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No need to pm Pete I would just say it here buddy. Point is I'm not looking to insult people. When someone is using jjp as an example of a bad implementation of LCD use, it's almost embarrassing so not going to pile on right?
Make whatever point you want but watch the unnecessary insults. Go ahead and explain why Pirates is terrible in that thread. Who cares but use logic to support your opinion. That's what makes this place great. Insulting others well that's just being a dick.

**Sigh**

Reread my original point about JJP, that's intellectual property, (think stuff they already have drawn or movie clips!). I think you glazed over, rushed it, or didn't comprehend it, maybe all three. I don't want to take the time to spell out my point. If you didn't get it the first time, you won't the second, or third, etc. JJP has great animation and lcd work. My issue with the game is simply based on quality and its reliability. Shoots great, looks great. Awful theme, awful documented issues. I don't need to post it. Nearly everyone already has.

I hope they work the issues out. I'd buy one. Based on the fact they have shut down production on it leads me to believe that is pretty damned unlikely. It seems to me it would be like folding on a hand of cards. I'm just glad I wasnt sitting at the table on that deal.

We all have our likes and dislikes. Some people really stare at lcds and get upset when it isn't up to their standards I suppose. Myself, I look at game play and value. The only time I question much is ones credibility, opinions, or even mental well being, when he or she buys a virtual cabinet thinking it is some approximation of pinball. To each his own right?

#2081 5 years ago

Now granted I haven’t played it but the LCD was displayed prominently in that stream

Anybody that says going back to dots would be better than what AP currently has on Ocktoberfest is out of their F ing minds!

I don’t care how “elementary” you think AP audio/visual is, it’s still 100 clicks above “dots”

Open your eyes

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

**Sigh**
Reread my original point about JJP, that's intellectual property, (think stuff they already have drawn or movie clips!). I think you glazed over, rushed it, or didn't comprehend it, maybe all three. I don't want to take the time to spell out my point. If you didn't get it the first time, you won't the second, or third, etc. JJP has great animation and lcd work. My issue with the game is simply based on quality and its reliability. Shoots great, looks great. Awful theme, awful documented issues. I don't need to post it. Nearly everyone already has.
I hope they work the issues out. I'd buy one. Based on the fact they have shut down production on it leads me to believe that is pretty damned unlikely. It seems to me it would be like folding on a hand of cards. I'm just glad I wasnt sitting at the table on that deal.
We all have our likes and dislikes. Some people really stare at lcds and get upset when it isn't up to their standards I suppose. Myself, I look at game play and value. The only time I question much is ones credibility, opinions, or even mental well being, when he or she buys a virtual cabinet thinking it is some approximation of pinball. To each his own right?

It sounds like you have a hard time explaining yourself well but it seems my summary of what you were trying to say (maybe you missed that too) was spot on. That's great if you don't value animation quality - that's cool. Not a reason to dismiss valid concerns b/c of it though - but you have a podcast so you get it right? haha

As for pirates, I agree with the lower marks on theme (actually like just the generic feel) and the NIB issues are def more than they should. Agree there.

No love for virtual though? Sounds like someone has no experience with it or at least hasn't played it recently or both. That's cool too - if you have an opp to play a very nice one with the latest and greatest (like literally things just released), it would serve you well. Maybe something else to discuss on your podcast at the very least.

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now granted I haven’t played it but the LCD was displayed prominently in that stream
Anybody that says going back to dots would be better than what AP currently has on Ocktoberfest is out of their F ing minds!
I don’t care how “elementary” you think AP audio/visual is, it’s still 100 clicks above “dots”
Open your eyes

Not saying they should go back to dots. Just saying that most dot games were done better than OKF's display.

Just because it's color and hi res that doesn't make it good.

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not saying they should go back to dots. Just saying that most dot games were done better than OKF's display.
Just because it's color and hi res that doesn't make it good.

It does make it better than dots though. I want to see that beer fill up in the display like that, or picking my beer stein to play and anything color for that matter. I'm not saying it couldn't be better.

I bought a color DMD for my TWD, who some claim is has some of the greatest dots of all time. I like them, well done for sure, but I'll take any hi res color display of ANYTHING over "great dots"

#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yeah, keep raising NIB prices for consumers and ops.
That’s totally sustainable and quality will improve too!!
Good grief.

My comment was a reply directly to someone saying that since AP doesn’t charge as much as JJP they should get a free pass on their lacklustre animations.

Good grief indeed.

Compare what Spooky has done with their ACNC animations to what AP has done thus far. The difference between the two is ridiculous. How much is an ACNC btw?

#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just saying that most dot games were done better than OKF's display.

I'd like to know what you are smoking and where I can get some.

Sure, the animations are certainly not JJP, but from what I have seen so far, they are certainly better then pretty much any dots I have seen. Makes it hard to take you seriously when you make such an over the top statement like that.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

Sure, the animations are certainly not JJP, but from what I have seen so far, they are certainly better then pretty much any dots I have seen. Makes it hard to take you seriously when you make such an over the top statement like that.

He's talking about the artistry and cohesiveness, not the resolution and pictures. Many, MANY DMDs (most?) have better art direction and artistry than Oktoberfest.

If you think that Oktoberfest animations are good, you are a bad judge of animation quality. I've been involved with a LOT of game animation and it's objectively poor, unless we're talking early 1990's level.

All of this is bad because the GAME itself seems like it could be really fun. AP is shooting themselves in the foot (or worse: head) by going cheap on screen content.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

You are choosing not to read as you get a hard on from being a troll. Whatever makes your day, knock yourself out.

Ben commented not about technological advances, he commented that there were better artists at work with most of the dot work of the past than what is offered by AP right now with 'fest. No reason to get defensive. It is what it is.

#2089 5 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

Man are people just this literal? I mean cmon now folks let's put a little thought in it here.

See Vireland's response He summarized it perfectly.

#2090 5 years ago

You guys can pontificate about artistry all you want. I don't want artistic and cohesive F ing dots! If a pig had wings it could fly. That's how relevant "artistic dots" are to the conversation.

I'll be enjoying my Oktoberfest and happy with what i see thus far.

#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll be enjoying my Oktoberfest and happy with what i see thus far.

That's my thought. Game looks like a heck of a lot of fun !

If Rosh and Ferret add to it and tweak anything, it will be icing on the cake.

LTG : )

#2092 5 years ago

I like Spam. Doesn't mean it's good food.

#2093 5 years ago

Well...at least we are not talking about cars anymore.

#2094 5 years ago

I love what Ferret did to finish off Alien code. These guys will tweak and make it better.

It feels like a retro Atari game.

And who doesn't like that ball ending beer mug getting filled up with tasty looking brew!

Nothing wrong with Spam Ben

#2095 5 years ago

It’s really fun to play. I hope everyone here gets a chance to play it.

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

It’s really fun to play. I hope everyone here gets a chance to play it.

Very much looking forward to playing it a TPF. Might be one of the highlights of the show.

Looks like great fun!

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Very much looking forward to playing it a TPF. Might be one of the highlights of the show.
Looks like great fun!

Just be sure you don't look at the display while playing or all fun will be voided.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just be sure you don't look at the display while playing or all fun will be voided.

Lol, noted. Haha

#2099 5 years ago

Question I'd like to ask ....how many of those on this thread are currently buying this machine?
Discussion is great but who is putting money down?

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Question I'd like to ask ....how many of those on this thread are currently buying this machine?
Discussion is great but who is putting money down?

I'd like to so I can better help with tech support. Time will tell.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/42?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.