Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,674 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Tuna_Delight
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 239 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FY (resized).jpg
20181130_120726 (resized).jpg
20181130_120728 (resized).jpg
20181130_120735 (resized).jpg
20181130_121102 (resized).jpg
20181130_121117 (resized).jpg
20181130_121140 (resized).jpg
hes-right-you-know-32644960 (resized).png
Oktoberfest Purple on Blue (resized).png
Screenshot_2018-11-27-12-39-40 (resized).png
2018-11-27_12.42.04 (resized).jpg
2mku3c (resized).jpg
1414527667528_Image_galleryImage_An_excellent_piece_of_evi (resized).JPG
asi-ve-ahora-chica-meme-wut_cover (resized).jpg
BalcerMachines (resized).PNG
image-5 (resized).jpg

There are 1674 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.
#1651 3 days ago

(to follow)

#1652 3 days ago

Just some recap on my part of the show and customer response.
First off:
Barry is right long days. Fri 2-12 show hours, game was up and running from 8:30 am till 1:30 am when I shut it off. Sat 9am till 2 am, Sunday 9-3ish
That's long days on your feet with customers and maintaining a booth with show games.

Second: The complaint I heard the most was the music mix. (as I explained it was a basic expo code)

Third: When will it be available to buy? (I mentioned possibly some by the end of the year.)

Fourth: Will I be able to get the original back glass? (I don't know )

Fifth: Is this the final playfield layout? (from my understanding there will be some tweaks, but I will let AP mention those)

Last but not least Sixth: Where can I buy it? From me (Pincades) or from the distributor list on API website.

Pincades
API Dist.
Jesse T

20181130_120726 (resized).jpg20181130_120728 (resized).jpg20181130_120735 (resized).jpg20181130_121102 (resized).jpg20181130_121117 (resized).jpg20181130_121140 (resized).jpg
#1653 3 days ago

I never realized Oktoberfest was a widebody before.

#1654 3 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I never realized Oktoberfest was a widebody before.

I dont think it is a widebody???
Ferrett,Rosh,Barry???

#1655 3 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I dont think it is a widebody???
Ferrett,Rosh,Barry???

Look at the pic next to the Houdinis.

#1657 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s just damn hard to hit. I don’t think I hit it once in 20 games.

Sounds just like the treehouse ramp shot on my TSPP. Rarely can hit it and very similar looking design by Joe Balcer.

#1658 3 days ago

The camera is adding 100lbs.

#1659 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Standard body game.

Thanks Chuck.

#1660 3 days ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Just some recap on my part of the show and customer response.
First off:
Barry is right long days. Fri 2-12 show hours, game was up and running from 8:30 am till 1:30 am when I shut it off. Sat 9am till 2 am, Sunday 9-3ish
That's long days on your feet with customers and maintaining a booth with show games.
Second: The complaint I heard the most was the music mix. (as I explained it was a basic expo code)
Third: When will it be available to buy? (I mentioned possibly some by the end of the year.)
Fourth: Will I be able to get the original back glass? (I don't know )
Fifth: Is this the final playfield layout? (from my understanding there will be some tweaks, but I will let AP mention those)
Last but not least Sixth: Where can I buy it? From me (Pincades) or from the distributor list on API website.
Pincades
API Dist.
Jesse T[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics and updates, I am slowing becoming an AP fan.

I would like to be able to read the whole word "Oktoberfest" on the side if that gets redone just makes more sense but if it's in a row of pins who cares right.

There really is a lot in this game, can't wait to play it.

Is there another game that has 2 physical multi-ball locks that hold more than 1 ball? This has the Rollercoaster lock and the Beer Barrel lock correct? If they both can lock balls how many balls do you load into this machine?

#1661 3 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Is there another game that has 2 physical multi-ball locks that hold more than 1 ball? This has the Rollercoaster lock and the Beer Barrel lock correct?

Houdini also has two physical multi-ball locks (one below the playfield on the right side and one on the playfield on the left under the ramp), although the way they are used is different. Oktoberfest uses them more as a traditional lock, especially the beer barrel, which allows stealing of locked balls. Houdini uses them more for staging to be able to release the ball from different places as part of the "magic" as well as helping the player by feeding a ball to the right or left flipper based on what shots are lit.

#1662 3 days ago

I don’t know how difficult it is to get music rights from a polka band, but I’d love to hear Eddie Blazonczyk’s “Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin pie” (hilarious lyrics) in there somewhere or “I want to be polka hero” for some victory lap music...just your run of the mill tradition polka tunes

#1663 3 days ago

So you're saying Wierd Al is out?

#1664 3 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So you're saying Wierd Al is out?

Oh God, yes please. No weird Al.

#1665 3 days ago

Only polka song I actually know that isn't Weird Al:

#1666 3 days ago

We want Frankie - THE Polka King!

FY (resized).jpg

#1667 2 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

If they both can lock balls how many balls do you load into this machine?

Oktoberfest is a six ball game.

#1668 2 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Oktoberfest is a six ball game.

That poor, poor, monkey.

Need more band aids.

LTG : )

#1669 2 days ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I don’t know how difficult it is to get music rights from a polka band, but I’d love to hear Eddie Blazonczyk’s “Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin pie” (hilarious lyrics) in there somewhere or “I want to be polka hero” for some victory lap music...just your run of the mill tradition polka tunes

I would think it would be hard to get songs with lyrics in vs just polka music and better voices/call outs. They are trying for a rock and polka mix. If they start trying to use songs with lyrics you get to the weird Guridians of the Galaxy stuff, when you finally get a song going you drain and never get to actually hear much of the song.
I think the foundation is there with the rock and polka mix it just need more tweeking.

Think about all the great DMD titles we loved, most had their own unique music and call outs nothing sampled till when the early 2000's but the great funs pins just had at times simple catchy tunes and call outs that where bearable for a long time.

#1670 2 days ago

Best music ever for this pin:

Btw: I bought a Houdini last week and I LOVE it ! Interested in OF also.

#1671 2 days ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Best music ever for this pin:

Btw: I bought a Houdini last week and I LOVE it ! Interested in OF also.

You are a wise man.

#1672 16 hours ago

Fallen a little behind on this thread what with being in hospital, is there an ETA on the optional adult artwork? Thanks in advance.

#1673 15 hours ago

You guys are harsh. Sounds like a perectly good theme to me. I rather have something more unique like that than your typical superhero movie or decades old rock band. Stuff like that has been done to death.

well it IS Pinside.

#1674 10 hours ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

You guys are harsh. Sounds like a perectly good theme to me. I rather have something more unique like that than your typical superhero movie or decades old rock band. Stuff like that has been done to death.

well it IS Pinside.

+1

I think the theme is very cool and unique. Really looking forward to seeing, playing, and then hopefully, buying the finished game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,395 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Griffith, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 250.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 6.00
$ 159.00
$ 6.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 4.00
Electronics
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 1674 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside