(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 100.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Can't believe he hasn't weighed in until now...
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1165422/Hitler-is-informed-about-Oktoberfest-Pinball
*Humor-impaired should not click this link, it's just for fun.

OMG I'm snorting over here. These things are always so good.

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

I am sure the final art work will be stunning... Cabinet and back glass.

Have you been drinking again? Fess up.

#1553 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Watching this will allow me to expire with a smile on my face. You creative guys amaze me, I'm only an analytic...

#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1165422/Hitler-is-informed-about-Oktoberfest-Pinball
*Humor-impaired should not click this link, it's just for fun.

That is some funny shit! I can only hope Josh, Joe and gang watch it.

#1555 5 years ago

Yep - some witty writing! What does Hitler mean by "bud out" though???

Must be a nazi thing.

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - some witty writing! What does Hitler mean by "bud out" though???
Must be a nazi thing.

With all of the recent legalizations, probably take a "smoke" break? Nazi's are a little high strung, so maybe use like cat-nip?

#1557 5 years ago

Typo maybe? Bug out is the term I'm familiar with.

#1558 5 years ago

Oh, yup, typo. Those are good alternatives, but I actually meant this one below, might be colloquial slang from where I grew up, had kind of a "get lost" connotation.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Butt%20out

#1559 5 years ago

If you are like me and didn't make it to Expo but seriously want a chance to play Oktoberfest American Pinball is bringing it and Houdini to Pincinnati in just over two weeks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/5#post-4687167

#1560 5 years ago

I wonder if Oktoberfest will be there with its final artwork.

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My guess is that it will be one of the games from Expo but that has not been confirmed. There is one-sure fire way to find out for yourself though, make the trip to Cincinnati (or Zinzinnati as we call it during Oktoberfest here)!

#1562 5 years ago

Get your chicken hats ready!!

#1563 5 years ago
2mku3c (resized).jpg2mku3c (resized).jpg
#1564 5 years ago

Absolutely. 100% completed layout refinements and final code too.

#1565 5 years ago

Lol

#1566 5 years ago

Thanks. You are a dude.

#1567 5 years ago

Its springtime for Hitler in Germany.... it was totally wrong, but, yes, I had to laugh. You can’t help yourself. If you have ever seen one of those re-capped Hitler memes, you can not help but watch and laugh. And it hit a tone that I actually agree with... some sex is fine in Pinball, but this means you might start seeing the trouser trout make an appearance and I’m not sure how alpha males are going to react to that. Chippendales Pinball Adventure will surely be close behind... Are all you guys macho enough in your maleness to play that machine? What do women think of playing a Playboy Playmate draped machine? Just food for thought. The comment about the circus freak barmaid on the side art?? Yep, shot my beer all over the ipad...

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Its springtime for Hitler in Germany.... it was totally wrong, but, yes, I had to laugh. You can’t help yourself. If you have ever seen one of those re-capped Hitler memes, you can not help but watch and laugh. And it hit a tone that I actually agree with... some sex is fine in Pinball, but this means you might start seeing the trouser trout make an appearance and I’m not sure how alpha males are going to react to that. Chippendales Pinball Adventure will surely be close behind... Are all you guys macho enough in your maleness to play that machine? What do women think of playing a Playboy Playmate draped machine? Just food for thought. The comment about the circus freak barmaid on the side art?? Yep, shot my beer all over the ipad...

Hey, so many people say theme doesn't matter if a pin is fun to play. ...but then again what if the plunger was a penis?

#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hey, so many people say theme doesn't matter if a pin is fun to play. ...but then again what if the plunger was a penis?

I'm not touching that one, so to speak, haha! You meant a penis "plunge her" with that one, right?

#1570 5 years ago

Ok, I’ll just be straight with you guys... I was a sailor on a submarine. 140 guys, no women, 75 days under water on patrol. If you could not take a homosexual reference, like a guy pinching your ass, or a guy walking straight up to you while you are bent over checking some piece of equiptment and grinding up against you, you were in for a really long 75 days... and before you say the wrong thing, just listen. This was a pressure cooker social environment. Half the boat is married and pining for their women, the other half is doing a lot of the five knuckle shuffle, thinking about how long it will be before they hook up with a woman the moment they step one foot on dry land. If they could find even the slightest crack in the veneer of your sanity, they would pick at it like a scab until it was a festering mess. So the moral here is, when faced with a penis, grab hold and give it a tug. That is the only way to approach this. Because once they understand you too are an alpha male, secure in your manliness, they stopped pinching your ass and trying to make you crack, and while at sea for 75 days, that was half the battle.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, I’ll just be straight with you guys... I was a sailor on a submarine. 140 guys, no women, 75 days under water on patrol. If you could not take a homosexual reference, like a guy pinching your ass, or a guy walking straight up to you while you are bent over checking some piece of equiptment and grinding up against you, you were in for a really long 75 days... and before you say the wrong thing, just listen. This was a pressure cooker social environment. Half the boat is married and pining for their women, the other half is doing a lot of the five knuckle shuffle, thinking about how long it will be before they hook up with a woman the moment they step one foot on dry land. If they could find even the slightest crack in the veneer of your sanity, they would pick at it like a scab until it was a festering mess. So the moral here is, when faced with a penis, grab hold and give it a tug. That is the only way to approach this. Because once they understand you too are an alpha male, secure in your manliness, they stopped pinching your ass and trying to make you crack, and while at sea for 75 days, that was half the battle.

So in summary "don't show any kind of crack or the guys will just pound away at it"?

QSS

I know....... sick.

#1572 5 years ago

@quicksilvershelb, sick? yep... twisted? yep... but funny as hell dude. Yes, don’t show crack... unless you are ready to grab crotch... to prove you are an alpha male. Now thats Naval Inteligence for ya right there...

#1573 5 years ago

Wow, this topic has gotten weird, even for here...

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Wow, this topic has gotten weird, even for here...

slow week.

#1575 5 years ago

And now you can understand what a submarine patrol is really like... pretty much Funk and Wagnalls weird 24/7... You had 140 testosterone soaked 18 to 28 year old men thrown into a long black tube and held underwater for 75 days with limited access to the real world. And pinball? What the hell was that? Back then, on my last patrol circa 1986, I actually took an Apple IIc computer with me on that patrol. I could play the only pinball simulator game I had, Bill Budges’ Raster Blaster, a direct Fire Power rip off. And my hats off to all veterans and currently deployed troops who sacrifice the playing of the silver ball to help protect and keep my butt safe so I can play it. The next game I chalk up, I play for them.

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

quicksilvershelb, sick? yep... twisted? yep... but funny as hell dude. Yes, don’t show crack... unless you are ready to grab crotch... to prove you are an alpha male. Now thats Naval Inteligence for ya right there...

Sounds like everything I've heard about the military, prison, and of course....pirate ships! It's just what happens when you remove, forceably so, a female populace. Sounds rough, and chaffing. Guard those pinballs crew!

1 week later
#1577 5 years ago

AP, any update about this nice game?

#1578 5 years ago

AP, any update about this nice game?

I would imagine they are knee deep in getting parts, getting the new factory up and running. And getting games rolling down the assembly line. Original place or new one.

I suspect we'll hear a lot of exciting news soon.

LTG : )

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would imagine they are knee deep in getting parts, getting the new factory up and running. And getting games rolling down the assembly line. Original place or new one.
I suspect we'll hear a lot of exciting news soon.
LTG : )

Do you mean they have completed artwork updates or still in progress?

#1580 5 years ago

Still in progress. Games aren’t shipping until January.

#1581 5 years ago

Who’s ready to play this awesome game at Pincinnati?!? Can’t wait!

#1582 5 years ago

I’m really excited to see the new/adult artwork, game looks fantastic so far, having an artwork option that’s a little more adult will tip this into a must by for me.

#1583 5 years ago

Come see me @ Pincinnati to play October fest and see for your self
Pincades
Jesse t

#1584 5 years ago

Hope they install flashers in this game!

#1585 5 years ago

Is this the new backglass?

New Normal looking girl over the Monkey

2018-11-27_12.42.04 (resized).jpg2018-11-27_12.42.04 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2018-11-27-12-39-40 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-11-27-12-39-40 (resized).png
#1586 5 years ago

I like it. Big improvement over the previous backglass. And with Otto and this new lady, 2 focal points, instead of a mix of crowd.

#1587 5 years ago

It appears like they improved the tent artwork on the playfield as well.

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was a sailor on a submarine

war is hell.

#1589 5 years ago

No, having the midwatch with a full bladder and no watch relief is hell... war just happens to be what we were trying to prevent at the time...

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Is this the new backglass?
New Normal looking girl over the Monkey
[quoted image][quoted image]

The girl looks a WHOLE lot better (did they fix her on the cabinet as well?), but the composition is weird. Not visually harmonious. For example, how tall is that girl? Ottos knees are on the bottom of the backglass, but that's only mid-thigh on the girl (where she cuts off), implying she's like 7 feet tall or Otto's a midget. Neither works right.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

implying she's like 7 feet tall or Otto's a midget. Neither works right.

or she's just in the foreground? people are getting ridiculous here

#1592 5 years ago

not sure where that image came from, but let me clarify . . .

The machine being sent down under is one of the machine that was at expo. Nothing was changed on it, still has the same software, same everything. We have a few changes we are making to the playfield and art, and we will share those when they are ready.

We can't use the current backglass, you all know why, so that is a temporary one.

#1593 5 years ago

I so much miss the poor handicapped girl on the backglass.

I thought it was very PC for API to use her.

People with horrible back problems need love too.

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I so much miss the poor handicapped girl on the backglass.
I thought it was very PC for API to use her.
People with horrible back problems need love too.

She's not alone! People were too distracted by the monkey to realize one of the girls he was grabbing was MISSING A LEG.

Maybe he was a support animal - literally supporting her by holding onto her ass?

#1595 5 years ago

I miss the hairy little person with a prehinsile tail.

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Buy a Houdini.

#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He appears on both playfields and you can be sure he will appear somewhere in the animations on Oktoberfest, just like he did on Houdini.

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

or she's just in the foreground? people are getting ridiculous here

With no visual cues to back that, it just looks weird. It's not ridiculous, it's graphic design. Whether or not you notice these things, you're subconsciously aware of them.

#1599 5 years ago

Pincades Update:

I will be Bringing 3 Houdini Open Box Show game's:

1. Updated power supply, blades, shaker, and topper with factory warranty from date of purchase.
*PRICE REMOVED*

2. Updated power supply, blades, and topper with factory warranty from date of purchase.
(Shaker can be purchased separately and installed at the show by me if needed)
*PRICE REMOVED*

3.Game #1002 (#2 serial number off the line) Updated power supply, sub woofer with full factory warranty from date of purchase.
Price announced at the show on Serial #1002

Also stop by and pick up some Octoberfest promo stuff from Pincades.

Octoberfest will also be @ the show to play. We (Pincades) will be accepting deposits @ the show, as well as taking trade in's towards a purchase of a Octoberfest or Houdini. Some restrictions apply LOL..

If you would like to discuss show game purchase, trade or pricing before the show. 219-924-PINS(7467) Calls only
219-808-6063 calls or text.
Safe travels to all.
See ya @ The Show!
Pincades
Jesse T.

#1600 5 years ago

Oktoberfest is live!!

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/32?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.