(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 100.
#51 5 years ago
sayitaintso01 (resized).jpgsayitaintso01 (resized).jpg
#52 5 years ago

I wonder if instead of paying for a copyright, they will be able to capitalize on advertising copyrighted brands? I’m optimistic. It fits the new commercial demographic for pinball.
I’m not going to pay for a advertisement however.

#53 5 years ago

For those who don't like the theme

Leave this thread now

#54 5 years ago

Priceless

#55 5 years ago

I’m in for that. I just can’t imagine it without logo feces everywhere. It would only appeal if it has the beers that I like, which it can’t, given my location. But again, I’m trying to stay optimistic. At least it’s not another tired theme from the 80s

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

At least it’s not another tired theme from the 80s

It's a hot theme from 1810.

LTG : )

#57 5 years ago

has failure written all over it

EDIT, darn it, too slow

#58 5 years ago

Rosh is dying to program this.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one knows when Oktoberfest is.

October.

#60 5 years ago

Awesome!!! Looks like I will need to start putting some money aside for this!

#61 5 years ago

We need ideas for the American Pinball Expo reveal.

#62 5 years ago

Traditionally starts in the third weekend in September and ends the first sunday of October.

#63 5 years ago

Hoping for a "Get the high score, win a free beer" feature. That'd be enough to get me to play on location.

-Doug

#64 5 years ago

I’m genuinely excited! This’ll be a great theme that’s a blank canvas for humor, excellent artwork, and has worldwide recognition. Beer, food, music, celebration, tradition, and a timeless theme. What more could you want in a pinball machine?!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The game better play awesome, because the theme sucks. I hope they don't slather it in lame boob art either.

Exactly. It better be AWESOME boob art.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.[quoted image]

Beerfest! There's a pin theme I could get behind! Awesome movie .

beerfest (resized).jpegbeerfest (resized).jpeg

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

Hoping for a "Get the high score, win a free beer" feature. That'd be enough to get me to play on location.
-Doug

Yeah, optional beer redemption ticket dispenser seems to be a no-brainer.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If they "stole" Trilogys beer tapping idea they might just have a platinum seller. One of the greatest ideas I've ever seen implemented on a pin was the Trilogy Beer pin.

Would love for them to “steal “ my idea . A production pin like this would be awesome. Problem is anyone that would have one would not only have to maintain a pin , but a keg system as well . Cost of producing such a game would be pretty high also .Having a production game made and Josh doing programming would be really cool , one can dream .

#70 5 years ago

Strike that.
THE greatest idea I've ever seen implemented on a pin.
That's very humble of you to say D and that's just the awesome dude you are.

#71 5 years ago

A PIN THAT POURS YOU A BEER?
SAY WHHHAAATTT
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exactly. It better be AWESOME boob art.

I don't think we've ever agreed on anything at all, but I can agree with you on this.

#73 5 years ago

I was in the room when Joe announced it and showed a couple of extreme closeup photos. All I can add is that he was very excited about the game they’ve come up with and whats in it.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was in the room when Joe announced it and showed a couple of extreme closeup photos. All I can add is that he was very excited about the game they’ve come up with and whats in it.

Any other info? Expo reveal?

#75 5 years ago

Oktoberfest ?! Beer barrel tapping multiball?, and growler jackpots, Schweet!.

#76 5 years ago

Lame title!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Josh mentioned yesterday for an Expo Chicago reveal.

#78 5 years ago

You guys are harsh. Sounds like a perectly good theme to me. I rather have something more unique like that than your typical superhero movie or decades old rock band. Stuff like that has been done to death. Make it like Strange Brew and it will be awesome.

#79 5 years ago

Love that it's a theme not tied to a movie, tv show or crappy band. Should do very well with the drinking crowd. Will never own one but can't wait to play it.

#80 5 years ago

Completely out of Ignorance, and with no disrespect,
Is this the Music tracks?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#81 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I hope they hand out free lederhosen as a promotion. I'd be so in on that.

Lederhosen is not cheap , but if they were handing it out I would absolutely rock that all weekend for expo !

#82 5 years ago

I’ll play devils advocate - this could work...but only one way: it has to be FUNNY with lots of great characters, funny voices & scenarios. It has to be funny like Bally/Williams games were. It has to feel like it’s a successor to the WPC’95 games or Big Bang Bar. If it’s really upbeat and funny with appealing mechanical features that are satisfying to interact with, it could work. If it looks like another Sega game (Houdini art won’t work on this) or comes off as douchey or dated, it’ll be DOA.

#83 5 years ago

Hmm....glad to know my money is safe in my pocket once again.

John

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You missed one :

Muss I Denn

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

#86 5 years ago

Can't wait to see it at Expo, love new pin reveals!

Probably a good strategy to announce the title a month out so all the debate about the theme choice can run it's course before the reveal.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Can't wait to see it at Expo, love new pin reveals!
Probably a good strategy to announce the title a month out so all the debate about the theme choice can run it's course before the reveal.

Yep , just so people don’t wait for the theme to be announced, decide that theme is not for them and walk out before they even hear what the game has to offer .Instead it is kind of like you know what the theme is , come hear what this game and theme will offer.

#88 5 years ago

i mean, champion pub works, red & ted roadshow works.. this could work

#89 5 years ago

I love Pinside. I've seen numerous complaints about licensed themes and how there is hardly anyone stepping out and making a non-band theme pin. We get another one after a long drought and people are already crapping all over it without seeing a second of game play.

Good grief.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

He said they’re hoping to have multiple (2-3) machines ready for expo.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Everyone in the States knows who Godzilla, Houdini or the Mafia is.
No one knows when Oktoberfest is.
Everyone at church this week was angry that Disneyland is going to start serving Beer to the general public

What’s church?

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ll play devils advocate - this could work...but only one way: it has to be FUNNY with lots of great characters, funny voices & scenarios. It has to be funny like Bally/Williams games were. It has to feel like it’s a successor to the WPC’95 games or Big Bang Bar. If it’s really upbeat and funny with appealing mechanical features that are satisfying to interact with, it could work. If it looks like another Sega game (Houdini art won’t work on this) or comes off as douchey or dated, it’ll be DOA.

They shoehorned quite a lot of comedy into a serious magician pin. I have no doubt that they have much more latitude to really run comedy-wild with a theme like Oktoberfest. But the boob art better be compelling.

#93 5 years ago

With regard to whether this is a popular cultural theme, take a peek at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest_celebrations

The worldwide attendance and longevity numbers are nothing to sneeze at.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I love Pinside. I've seen numerous complaints about licensed themes and how there is hardly anyone stepping out and making a non-band theme pin. We get another one after a long drought and people are already crapping all over it without seeing a second of game play.
Good grief.

My thoughts exactly. People have become so conditioned to expect licensed (and familiar) themes that when someone finally does something original it's dismissed.

I think this Oktoberfest is a great theme and I, for one, am excited to see what they can do with hit.

I applaud Joe and American Pinball for doing something new and creative for us.

#95 5 years ago

So should be cool. Cant wait!

#96 5 years ago

Better not be priced in Euros...

#97 5 years ago

Every new pin has me excited. This is no different. The fact that this will look much different than the direction of other manufacturers is awesome. I love the variety and eagerness to take on something that isn't the norm. Good luck Joe and Co! I will be supporting this for sure. Our breweries are gonna love this one.

#98 5 years ago

I’ll add a bit more context to this announcement. Joe conceded that someone had already sniffed it out through the trademark filing. So it really wasn’t a secret any longer and thought it would be fun to throw us a bone at the show. But he wouldn’t have made the announcement if it wasn’t already public.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I’ll add a bit more context to this announcement. Joe conceded that someone had already sniffed it out through the trademark filing. So it really wasn’t a secret any longer and thought it would be fun to throw us a bone at the show. But he wouldn’t have made the announcement if it wasn’t already public.

Yeah, it's been filed and public for a while:
https://trademarks.justia.com/875/60/oktoberfest-87560508.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.