(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 100.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Does this woman have a moustache? (Right hand side plastic)
[quoted image]

Yes! And benheck gets his cleavage. This game’s got something for everybody.

#852 5 years ago

Wow I want one! Wow wow

#853 5 years ago

Now it needs a Keg Mod under game!

Collect, and Drink!

#854 5 years ago

Okay, we need to figure out how to get one of these to Pincinnati next month if at all possible! Can't wait to play it!

#855 5 years ago

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/10/19/episode-65-oktoberfest-pinball-with-josh-kugler/

We had a chat to Rosh about the rules of Oktoberfest!

Oktoberfest ep65 (resized).jpgOktoberfest ep65 (resized).jpg

#856 5 years ago

Great job AP! I was skeptical but this looks great. Nice to see a bright, packed, non licensed theme. Can’t wait to play!

#857 5 years ago

Can you swap out the old dude for Big Cleavage girl and I’m in

#858 5 years ago

AP

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Can you swap out the old dude for Big Cleavage girl and I’m in

Mod makers are 3D printing Giant boobs right now as we speak

#860 5 years ago

If that awesome right "corkscrew" wire form only gets used to release multiballs that seems like a huge waste / disappointment to me. Hopefully it's more that that. Great looking game and definitely a pretty unique layout and set of features, if this is $7K MSRP like Houdini I think the buyer is getting a lot of relative value for their pinball buck.

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If that awesome right "corkscrew" wire form only gets used to release multiballs that seems like a huge waste / disappointment to me. Hopefully it's more that that. Great looking game and definitely a pretty unique layout and set of features, if this is $7K MSRP like Houdini I think the buyer is getting a let of relative value for their pinball buck.

You must hate Deadpool and Lord of the rings....

#864 5 years ago

Price?

#865 5 years ago

They said not locked yet, but in the ballpark of Houdini, so likely around $7k.

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You must hate Deadpool and Lord of the rings....

I'm a lover, not a hater. Deadpool was under-whelming to me but I love LOTR, not sure where the comparison applies though.

#867 5 years ago

I never would have thought they could make this theme into a pinball machine without misogynistic art focusing on the women of the festival. It appears to be more about the carnival atmosphere than what I was expecting. The art looks vibrant and festive.

It looks like it could be fun to play.

#868 5 years ago

Looks fun, more unique unlicensed themes the better!

#869 5 years ago

Impressive! Well done American Pinball.

#870 5 years ago

Sdtm just posted an Okto video.

#871 5 years ago
35E72E8D-0F92-4FBB-8CC2-8B4F38AC94A3 (resized).jpeg35E72E8D-0F92-4FBB-8CC2-8B4F38AC94A3 (resized).jpeg96840A27-2B87-4D9D-B2C6-B2A0C20DEE32 (resized).jpeg96840A27-2B87-4D9D-B2C6-B2A0C20DEE32 (resized).jpegC661A846-86F1-4271-ACAC-A1FBF16E14AC (resized).jpegC661A846-86F1-4271-ACAC-A1FBF16E14AC (resized).jpeg
#872 5 years ago

It’s up in the vendor hall and available to play

#873 5 years ago

holy shit this exceeds all expectations. The great mix of cheeseball and innovation.
Code is king, but this layout and design gives JJP a run for their money.

#874 5 years ago

Ramp wireform looks a bit much on first glance, but like I been saying the more unlicensed the better.
Can't wait to play.

#875 5 years ago

This is a fantastic looking pinball machine. Love the theme, the artwork, the layout....looks super cool. Can't wait to give this one a try!

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I never would have thought they could make this theme into a pinball machine without misogynistic art focusing on the women of the festival. It appears to be more about the carnival atmosphere than what I was expecting. The art looks vibrant and festive.

seriously! They could have gone full WNBJM on this and mercifully did not, while still doing lots of "fan service" for the primary hetero male audience.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Uhhh, yeah....good luck with that one AP? Can't wait to hear the thought process on that theme decision.

Re reading this from from the beginning. So many users having to eat their words. I gotta admit I didn’t know how this could possibly work but it looks like a lot of fun and unique. Bring on a fresh era of new ideas. NO MORE BAND PINS

#878 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ramp wireform looks a bit much on first glance, but like I been saying the more unlicensed the better.

that is exactly the kind of insane wireform I want to see from a fresh company! LOL

#879 5 years ago

Long line to play, but it looks and sounds great!

#880 5 years ago

I have to agree with the previous comment on the art package. It is all over the place- hand painted art, photoshops of women and hand drawn art for logos. There is nothing cohesive. Fun to shoot but the art is lacking.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

that is exactly the kind of insane wireform I want to see from a fresh company! LOL

Fair enough, I just want a good fun game Hopefully it hits on all fronts.

#882 5 years ago

The rules and most of the layout looks to be a hit...but Balcer clipped the flow up the middle again. I guess we'll see how it plays later.

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I have to agree with the previous comment on the art package. It is all over the place- hand painted art, photoshops of women and hand drawn art for logos. There is nothing cohesive. Fun to shoot but the art is lacking.

Hoping the art is still a work in process. It's a really great start, but nowhere near what I would call finished.

#884 5 years ago

There will always be people that don’t like the art, and those that do. Standing back and watching people play this game and listening to the comments everybody seems to be enjoying it right off the bat. I have no affiliation with American pinball other than owning a Houdini

#885 5 years ago

And the flippers gotta be swapped as soon as you buy it, but no big whoop.

#886 5 years ago

On their games you can adjust the power settings on each coil, so that may make a big impact in the flippers

#887 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#888 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Exclusive: Oktoberfest: Pinball On Tap

Great video, thanks! Looking forward to hearing your guys thoughts on the game.

#889 5 years ago

Layout, gameplay, and artwork look good to me with this initial reveal. Can't wait to see it at a northeast show

The main thing that bothered me was the amount of metal music. That's not the kind of music that usually gets played at the Oktoberfests I've been to... Anyone know if there's an option to reduce the metal and increase the polkas?

#890 5 years ago

This game exceeded my expectation, nice job team!! That being said, this theme is second to only Dialed In as the worst theme ever! Oh wait, I forgot Roller Coaster Tycoon, with those pathetic trolls. I am out!

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

On their games you can adjust the power settings on each coil, so that may make a big impact in the flippers

I meant the pattern.

#892 5 years ago

Don’t know about audio adjustments or changes yet. *I* don’t think I would even consider one if it was heavily polka.

Play time will tell. Theme questionable- sure. No licensing expenses with this theme. Makes the game less expensive and more likely to make more games..

#893 5 years ago

I was excited about the theme... and now looking at this thing, it looks great. Great Job AP.

#894 5 years ago

Art package - Alvin G. & Sega had a baby.

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Layout, gameplay, and artwork look good to me with this initial reveal. Can't wait to see it at a northeast show
The main thing that bothered me was the amount of metal music. That's not the kind of music that usually gets played at the Oktoberfests I've been to... Anyone know if there's an option to reduce the metal and increase the polkas?

LOL. I was saying the opposite. I was like "that polka is going to get old", but then heard more metalish-polka.

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I’m all in...this game looks incredible!!!!

Oh yeah!

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Art package - Alvin G. & Sega had a baby.

Hmmm.....Personally I don't see much Sega, but Alvin G fo sho. Alvin G & Python maybe?

#898 5 years ago

It is going to be real interesting comparing this game in features and price as compared to the so-called next great Stern that is soon to be announced, the Munsters.

It would have been nice if they could have announced the price on Oktoberfest tonight.

#899 5 years ago

Reminds me of the Hobbit

#900 5 years ago

Now I own a hobbit and don’t play it much ....but that should make everyone laugh their ass off

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/18?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.