(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 100.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be hilarious if that was one of the modes though. A beer in hand mode where those two buttons operate both flippers.

If true, this would make this an instabuy for me. I know all of my alcoholic friends would dig it for sure

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

If true, this would make this an instabuy for me. I know all of my alcoholic friends would dig it for sure

That is an awesome idea

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Last one...I promise.
Please post pic of the bottom 6 inches of a leg.

I aim to please.

IMG_7662 (resized).JPGIMG_7662 (resized).JPG
#704 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be hilarious if that was one of the modes though. A beer in hand mode where those two buttons operate both flippers.

Agreed... but then you'd need the two flipper buttons on both sides of the machine to support both lefties and righties...

(Though that would be awesome also as a first pinball for one armed people straight from the factory... per the other amazing thread on that topic)

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

It would be cool if it had a "freak show." I saw the freak show at coney island about 5 years ago and it was great. Not really a freak show but bunch of drunks doing stupid human tricks. A good time was had by all.

Not sure if they have a freak show in oktoberfest, but they have this:

Haven't been to coney island in decades. I was too young and scared to ride the cyclone...sad. But you can find lots of drinks doing stupid tricks on most of long island.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I aim to please.[quoted image]

Not....no powder coat!

#707 5 years ago

Looks like foot powder on that sock.

LTG : )

#708 5 years ago

This just went in fridge. Purchased this weekend. When I see pics of game on Thursday, Friday, this will get tapped.

20181015_210528 (resized).jpg20181015_210528 (resized).jpg
#709 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like foot powder on that sock.

I still say Goldbond doesn't count.

#710 5 years ago

I still say Goldbond doesn't count.

Well, you got me there.

#711 5 years ago

It just needs a second pic. OMG, 5 liters, Im screwed.

20181015_210500 (resized).jpg20181015_210500 (resized).jpg
#712 5 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Agreed... but then you'd need the two flipper buttons on both sides of the machine to support both lefties and righties...

No you wouldn’t.

#713 5 years ago

[quoted image]

That style mini keg will one stay fresh for a day or two once tapped, so if you are imbibing by yourself, you have your work cut out for you.

#714 5 years ago

Replaceable keg under the pin and a tap which works with the extra flipper button. I can see it clearly already

#715 5 years ago

[quoted image]

You just need to break it down into bite-sized pieces. Think of it as five of these ...

Mass (resized).jpgMass (resized).jpg
#716 5 years ago
619D29DC-3713-419A-8BD0-4F1384D57377 (resized).jpeg619D29DC-3713-419A-8BD0-4F1384D57377 (resized).jpegEB9A1B2E-2E4A-46C3-9210-5348D417FE76 (resized).jpegEB9A1B2E-2E4A-46C3-9210-5348D417FE76 (resized).jpeg
#717 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Because only in the world of pinball is it acceptable for a game called OCTOBERFEST to be released in December.

oktoberfest for christmas delivery? just feels different.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

(Though that would be awesome also as a first pinball for one armed people straight from the factory... per the other amazing thread on that topic)

Second. P3.

#719 5 years ago

Note. It is bretzel in German. Not pretzel.

Enjoy the show.

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Please consider making the targets more old-eye friendly. Those letters are REALLY small.
[quoted image]

Damn. Nice work. This does look better. Critique is always best when it comes with a better proposed solution. May want to consider this AP.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Damn. Nice work. This does look better. Critique is always best when it comes with a better proposed solution. May want to consider this AP.

Ha! Necessity is the mother of suggestion. I couldn't read those tiny target letters without glasses (not that I would need to once I know what I'm shooting for, but it'd be nice to be able to see the letters in-game).

#722 5 years ago

Still a single model for this one? Just for my information. Thanks

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Yes.

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ha! Necessity is the mother of suggestion. I couldn't read those tiny target letters without glasses (not that I would need to once I know what I'm shooting for, but it'd be nice to be able to see the letters in-game).

Letters on those targets is a 'bonus', not really a necessity, as you will see.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Letters on those targets is a 'bonus', not really a necessity, as you will see.

How about a short video today to demonstrate?

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The Menards Special Edition (if that's why you're asking) is just a rumor at this point.

#727 5 years ago

At expo! Looking forward to launch time!

#728 5 years ago

[quoted image]

That is not even a 12 pack. You should be able to finish that off no promblem .

#729 5 years ago

Anyone interested in getting on our 'interested list' and getting all the pictures and info directly from Expo tonight when it is available - please email [email protected] to get on our Oktoberfest mailing list - we'll be doing many updates by email and on Facebook from Expo ! Be the first to know ! : )

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
American Pinball Distributor

#730 5 years ago

Is someone streaming the event?

#731 5 years ago

Who's!!! Ready For Some Octoberfest!!!!!!
Pincades will be Posting Pics and Videos to our Facebook page during and after the revealing of the new Octoberfest by API this evening.
Stop by and see us (PINCADES) @ the show to be put on a list for info and production updates as well a list for having interest in purchasing a new game.

Jesse T.
Pincades
API Distributor

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is someone streaming the event?

Dead flip is streaming it tonight.

#733 5 years ago

Once Oktoberfest is unveiled tonight we will have a sign up sheet at our booth at Expo. You can also pm us or visit our contact page @ greatamericanpinball.com.

GAP

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Dead flip is streaming it tonight.

Link? 830? Thanks.

#735 5 years ago

I like beer. I like pinball. Therefore I'm looking forward to watching the reveal this evening AP did a great job with Houdini so I have high hopes for their 2nd title.

#736 5 years ago

Link? 830? Thanks.

FB_IMG_1539866259570 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1539866259570 (resized).jpg
#737 5 years ago

Deadflip obviously is a good way to show a new game. Throw out some HD playfield shots at the same time and you're pretty covered.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Deadflip obviously is a good way to show a new game. Throw out some HD playfield shots at the same time and you're pretty covered.

1. DeadFlip Reveal + Stream. Check.
2. Pinball News Article with pics. Check.
3. Maybe to top it all off someone can interview someone at AP to give details about the vision of the game?

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

3. Maybe to top it all off someone can interview someone at AP to give details about the vision of the game?

I'm guessing some cheeky aussies already did this and are just waiting to release it, eh?

#740 5 years ago

That's definitely better than nothing ... but really?

1 presentation streamed at Expo? Or 1 official one? Can they really not do better than that? We're nearly into the 2020s.

Not criticising the streamers. Criticising the organisers for not organising, encouraging and facilitating the streaming of this stuff.

#741 5 years ago

https://www.american-pinball.com/distributors/

Just so we don't have to have all 37 approved distributors post in here to say you should sign up with them.
That is the full list. I suggest doing your reseach on which distributors to avoid and which to buy from rather than just going with the loudest looking for your committed sale at expo. Lots of good ones out there to select from and many are better at service and helping out when problems arrive.

In my experience you can't go wrong with Chris from KingPin games. He is one of the best and often even comes in to help when other distributors are unable to make good on service or issues.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

1. DeadFlip Reveal + Stream. Check.
2. Pinball News Article with pics. Check.

You should just sleep through all that as I bet you have already seen everything Hay?

#743 5 years ago

Art prediction : ZERO CLEAVAGE

Welcome to the new Puratinical Age.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Art prediction : ZERO CLEAVAGE
Welcome to the new Puratinical Age.

Dang those Puritans! Apparently, even without cleavage, Greta is too sexy looking for some (looking at you Mrs. Pin).

#745 5 years ago

Well, I would like to have now some pics of the game as the reveal will be during my sleep and it is not fair

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

That is not even a 12 pack. You should be able to finish that off no promblem .

It's going to make a great topper for the game too!

20181015_210528 (resized).jpg20181015_210528 (resized).jpg
#747 5 years ago

Here u r bro:

-Images removed-

(Moderation notice: Sorry, we were kindly asked to remove these images as they were not intended to be public just yet)

#748 5 years ago

Left ramp looks hilarious!

#749 5 years ago

Looks like an interesting layout... I want to see how well it shoots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.