(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 100.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The negative stigmata about booze in America is 100% about drinking and driving:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2016/08/11/the-worst-countries-in-the-world-for-drunk-driving-infographic/#7e14231f2f5c
Note how we're 3x worse than Germany. (probably because our country is 10x bigger meaning less public transport and a lot of rural folks getting DUI's)
I think it would be interesting to see a map of the decline of DUI in cities with Uber versus the rural areas.

I think in the USA it is and has always been about an attempt to legislate morality here in the south several states still have "blue" laws that prevent alcohol sales before noon on Sunday.

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

For a crappy picture I think I like the vibe.
API - why would you allow this crappy picture to be released? I would release a high res picture immediately. Take control of your marketing messages for heavens sake!

I do not believe it was supposed to be released.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Barry, I guessed that was probably the case.

My point was that a little damage control might be in order. We've seen this happen with every manufacturer. People go ape shit over a grainy image of an art package and that sets the mob mentality in motion. You only get once chance at a first impression of your game - which is already under a lot of scrutiny over the theme. Do you really want the dirndl-wearing serving girl to be the mom-jeans guy that now comes up in every conversation about Dialed In? I'm guessing that artwork looks great in real life - just release a high res image now. I bet Chris K is going to go ape shit when he sees that yet another company has had a low res image released - one of his top 10 pinball marketing missteps.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Barry, I guessed that was probably the case.
My point was that a little damage control might be in order. We've seen this happen with every manufacturer. People go ape shit over a grainy image of an art package and that sets the mob mentality in motion. You only get once chance at a first impression of your game - which is already under a lot of scrutiny over the theme. Do you really want the dirndl-wearing serving girl to be the mom-jeans guy that now comes up in every conversation about Dialed In? I'm guessing that artwork looks great in real life - just release a high res image now. I bet Chris K is going to go ape shit when he sees that yet another company has had a low res image released - one of his top 10 pinball marketing missteps.

We are looking into it. This is above my pay grade but I do have an opinion on it, and I will keep it to myself.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

We are looking into it. This is above my pay grade but I do have an opinion on it, and I will keep it to myself.

Smart play lol. With only a week to unveil I can't imagine anyone is going to die waiting a week.

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With only a week to unveil I can't imagine anyone is going to die waiting a week.

We could easily lose a few Pinsiders this week waiting for an exciting, new American Pinball machine to be unveiled.

LTG : )

#607 5 years ago

Flyer looks ok except for the ridiculous anatomy of the girl.

Art isn't incredible, but neither was Houdini and it looks good as a whole once all lit up. Looks like the same artist.

No reason to freak out, but no reason to be hugely excited about the 'leak' either.

#608 5 years ago

unfortunate someone felt the need to share crappy photos they plucked off some video or something, just so they could be the first to share them.

But if you guys really need something to keep the conversation going . . .

IMG_3630 (resized).JPGIMG_3630 (resized).JPG

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

unfortunate someone felt the need to share crappy photos they plucked off some video or something, just so they could be the first to share them.
[quoted image]

Motorboating feature confirmed.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Oh my beer swilling friends. They put all the flipper buttons on the right side and forgot to put any on the left.

Just kidding. You know they have something really great planned for that extra button.

#611 5 years ago

Thursday night's seminar at Expo is looking better and better !

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thursday night's seminar at Expo is looking better and better !

We will cover the whole day at the LTG fireside chat seminar! The one event not to miss.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh my beer swilling friends. They put all the flipper buttons on the right side and forgot to put any on the left.

Would be hilarious if that was one of the modes though. A beer in hand mode where those two buttons operate both flippers.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be hilarious if that was one of the modes though. A beer in hand mode where those two buttons operate both flippers.

The creative genius of Josh and crew could have all kinds of things planned for that extra button. I'll bet it's more than one thing.

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

LTG fireside chat seminar! The one event not to miss.

You are too kind.

ExpoMugs (resized).JPGExpoMugs (resized).JPG
#616 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Oops, sorry, I can take them down if you like, let me know. I honestly didn't realize they were secret. I thought you guys must have authorized Joe from Pinball Star to show the picture at the York Show, it's from his video on Facebook. I'm just excited about the game.

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would actually be pretty cool

#618 5 years ago

They need to fix the staggeringly awful female character before Expo if possible.

It's beyond bad, no amount of "bad photo" or "grain" caused that to happen.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

[quoted image]

What the hey Rosh?! The red button is under the blue button and not vice versa?!!! Everybody knows that a red button should ALWAYS be on top! Not to mention that it should be bigger as well.

UNACCEPTABLE!!! Pre-order cancelled.

(of course)

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

[quoted image]

First conventional (not P3) machine in the 2000s with more than one flipper button on each side?

Also, dunno if that's final, but the big AP logo (and it's an unloved one according to all feedback I've seen) on the side IMO isn't the greatest choice aesthetically.

#621 5 years ago

i see a positive here. with the pinside discussion involving greta taking place before expo reveal, it may not be the hot topic it would have been otherwise. the actual game/layout/package has a better chance to come to the forefront. they have months to adjust the art. simply let people know they are aware of it and will be taking appropriate measures to fix it.

deathbecomesher02 (resized).pngdeathbecomesher02 (resized).png
#622 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First conventional (not P3) machine in the 2000s with more than one flipper button on each side?

Double buttons may only be on one side. First game ever for that?

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Double buttons may only be on one side. First game ever for that?

Harley Davidson.

#624 5 years ago

Quite a few games with double buttons on only one side. From this same designer (Joe Balcer) there was Starship Troopers. WCS94 is probably one of the more well-known titles with that configuration.

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Quite a few games with double buttons on only one side. From this same designer (Joe Balcer) there was Starship Troopers. WCS94 is probably one of the more well-known titles with that configuration.

Sst miniflipper is likely th best use of an extra flipper button ever! So much fun and so well done for a unique feel that still plays great!

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Barry,
Pictures were specifically sent to me by AP because they were released to other distributors previously specifically to do marketing items. I didn’t ask for anything not even knew they existed, I was offered them.
Joe

#627 5 years ago

Man I hope the pictures floating around really aren’t what the backglass is going to look like because that looks like shit.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They need to fix the staggeringly awful female character before Expo if possible.
It's beyond bad, no amount of "bad photo" or "grain" caused that to happen.

It’s a feature. She gets more attractive the more you drink.
3520345F-5D1B-4DEC-AF99-D82E54D7A2E0 (resized).jpeg3520345F-5D1B-4DEC-AF99-D82E54D7A2E0 (resized).jpeg

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Barry,
Pictures were specifically sent to me by AP because they were released to other distributors previously specifically to do marketing items. I didn’t ask for anything not even knew they existed, I was offered them.
Joe

Cointaker had marketing up at the York show too.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Cointaker had marketing up at the York show too.

oops

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

[quoted image]
Edit: Loool! The Forum showed me ZMeny talking to ZMeny, not your Name, sorry!!! XD

That's a bug in the board. Sometimes it shows the posts assigned to the wrong people, but a refresh fixes it.

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

they have months to adjust the art.

Because only in the world of pinball is it acceptable for a game called OCTOBERFEST to be released in December.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Because only in the world of pinball is it acceptable for a game called OCTOBERFEST to be released in December.

Scheibenkleister! I sure hope it's not called Octoberfest, they won't sell a single machine.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Shadow? It is both side if I remember well for each ramp.

Anyway I’m really amazed of all the mess about a simple pic. Ok the girl position looks strange.
How can a sane person imagine that API is ruining the sale of his game coz of this pic?
I have seen so many weird trailer or whatever to reveal a new game..
Rosh posted a very interesting pic...now I want another pic of the other side
I hope this second button is for controlling diverter ramp?

#635 5 years ago

Friday night fun! Living in Chicagoland has its perks.6760AE8F-E1EC-4B82-825B-22CDFC6C2A1F (resized).jpeg6760AE8F-E1EC-4B82-825B-22CDFC6C2A1F (resized).jpeg

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My family has been in the beer distributing business for 70 years....How can I NOT be in on this one? It might even past muster with the IRS !

i am drinking beer for 40 years now, so how can i egnore this one.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

[quoted image]

Mechanical stein ball save..

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How can a sane person imagine that API is ruining the sale of his game coz of this pic?

Because pinball has become 100% about art.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Because pinball has become 100% about art.

they may as well buy a painting!

#640 5 years ago

Oktoberfest backglass.

9CA0F65F-8734-47E6-AE6B-993B09948061 (resized).jpeg9CA0F65F-8734-47E6-AE6B-993B09948061 (resized).jpeg
#641 5 years ago

Well...it is just a flyer after watching Joes video...hey joe, turn machines on next time.
The oktoberfest flyer looks interesting, makes me want a beer.
Reminds me of the promotional translight for Houdini. We really wont know till next week the full look of game.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Oktoberfest backglass. [quoted image]

lol
Love the duck!

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Wow, Cointaker must have had to pay a bunch to get on every backglass.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, Cointaker must have had to pay a bunch to get on every backglass.

You have them confused with Coin Taker beer.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Barry,
Joe

I guess someone forgot that they authorized the release of them.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

That is not the backglass.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

That is not the backglass.

Barry - blessed with a keen sense of the obvious.

#648 5 years ago

My 2 cents for this thread...

Todd Tuckey (resized).PNGTodd Tuckey (resized).PNG
#649 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

My 2 cents for this thread...
[quoted image]

oktober-est (resized).jpgoktober-est (resized).jpg
#650 5 years ago

Tuckey's known for his strong German accent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.