(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 100.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Welcome to ze 21st century, mate.

Zum shiesse with ze 21st century, kamerade! i wantz ze D&D

#552 5 years ago

Oktoberfest: ***Warning this is gross, watch if you dare***

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sNISi_1538756382

#553 5 years ago

I watched beerfest last night

Now I want this game & a 3rd party beerfest translite

#554 5 years ago

That was truly gross! Wish I could unwatch it.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That was truly gross! Wish I could unwatch it.

Agreed. I added a warning to my post.

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Agreed. I added a warning to my post.

A little late, not sure I can ever un see that. That will not be featured in Oktoberfest.

#557 5 years ago

Don't click on unknown LiveLeak links ... good rule to live by.

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

100% agree. I’m in on this one. Love it

If it's a great FUN_ game I'm in. This theme has unlimited fun potential.

I played Houdini maybe 10x at some shows. Seriously impressive machine. So this second sophomore effort could be a big deal.

I don't think I will be a day 1 pre-order though. Going to wait to play it or hear some 3rd party reviews. Unless I see it, and its so packed with innovation/toys I can't help myself.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Just don’t do a reveal like JJP. DI and POtC were a snooze fest. please make it fun.

While Dialed In didn't have a good reveal JJP did an excellent job of revealing Pirates at last years Expo. As far as live reveals go JJP pulled off one of the best with Pirates. American Pinball could take it to the next level though and give everyone a free Oktoberfest beer

#560 5 years ago

I really think AP are crazy if they don't do the presentation in Lederhosen, Tyrolean or Pork Pie hats and have huge Steins sat on the panel desk (even if they just contain water).

Make a show of it. People will respond.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I really think AP are crazy if they don't do the presentation in Lederhosen, Tyrolean or Pork Pie hats and have huge Steins sat on the panel desk (even if they just contain water).

rosh Won't do this, not his style. Balcer, who knows?

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Make a show of it. People will respond.

Yep - definite unique and fun marketing opportunity. Hopefully, AP takes advantage of it.

#563 5 years ago

This is getting creepy.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is getting creepy.

It’s not like we are asking them to wear a dirndl!

#565 5 years ago

The Munich Oktoberfest originally took place in the 16-day period leading up to the first Sunday in October.

Looks like they are a little late if they were wanting to strike while the coals are hot.

Novemberfest anyone?

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

It’s not like we are asking them to wear a dirndl!

Although...

#567 5 years ago

Creating a festive "Oktoberfest" atmosphere to help promote a new Oktoberfest themed game seems like a marketing natural to me. This doesn't even require AP staff to personally wear any authentic garb. Just hiring a few folks to represent the characters from the game, such as "Otto" the bartender guy and some traditional beerhall waitresses, could really help enhance the game's overall presence at the show.

I'm sure the AP team is already on top of this though! In the meantime, the anticipation builds ...

#568 5 years ago

My family has been in the beer distributing business for 70 years....How can I NOT be in on this one? It might even past muster with the IRS !

#569 5 years ago

5 days again to wait for seeing this one... I don’t know why i’m pretty excited!

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My family has been in the beer distributing business for 70 years....How can I NOT be in on this one? It might even past muster with the IRS !

If the IRS denies you an try to taking it to the Supreme Court, where this at least one justice who "likes beer" and "likes to drink beer" and did I mention, he "likes beer"

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

5 days again to wait for seeing this one... I don’t know why i’m pretty excited!

Really looking forward for some great pictures of this game!
Wondering if it is a prototype like the two Houdini's that made the show circuit in early 17.
Please all at expo post tons of pictures.
I need ramps, playfield, art package, backglass!

#572 5 years ago

I am hoping that there is a beer tap integrated where you can connect some beer supply Extra ball would equal a free pint or something like that.

#573 5 years ago

Any other sneak peek pictures. I know we're 6 days out, but curiosity.

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am hoping that there is a beer tap integrated where you can connect some beer supply Extra ball would equal a free pint or something like that.

Built in Kegerator mod has been mentioned....someone has to make it!

#575 5 years ago

Those Germans called Gam Gam a whore.

We must out drink them

#576 5 years ago

Make sure the presentation is streamed, and by someone competent if you guys don't do it yourselves.

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If the IRS denies you an try to taking it to the Supreme Court, where this at least one justice who "likes beer" and "likes to drink beer" and did I mention, he "likes beer"

Sounds like you personally drink with him.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Sounds like you personally drink with him.

Mmmmm...seems likely. He also innovated "The Shocker" while blackout drunk.

#579 5 years ago

Took some screenshots of the Oktoberfest flyer at the York show from a video on Pinball Star's Facebook page:

Oktoberfest 1 (resized).pngOktoberfest 1 (resized).png
Oktoberfest 2 (resized).pngOktoberfest 2 (resized).png
Oktoberfest 3 (resized).pngOktoberfest 3 (resized).png

https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR/videos/521631981575570/

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Took some screenshots of the Oktoberfest flyer at the York show from a video on Pinball Star's Facebook page:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Otto is awesome. The chick has a broken back. Her feet are pointing forward and her torso is twisted to an impossible degree that makes her character give a very "weird" impression right off the bat.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Her feet are pointing forward and her torso is twisted to an impossible degree that makes her character give a very "weird" impression right off the bat.

Really? She's twisted slightly to the left, maybe leaning on the bar a little with her left hip. You've obviously never seen anyone doing yoga. Also note that this is a screenshot of a video which was not shot from directly in front of the flyer, so it's probably not a great representation of the image. It gives you a bit of a feel for the artwork though.

First impression: I like it, it seems fun. I can kind of understand where they are going now with the "family friendly" fall festival vibe. Friendly characters, smiling faces and warm tones.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Really? She's twisted slightly to the left, maybe leaning on the bar a little with her left hip. You've obviously never seen anyone doing yoga. Also note that this is a screenshot of a video which was not shot from directly in front of the flyer, so it's probably not a great representation of the image. It gives you a bit of a feel for the artwork though.
First impression: I like it, it seems fun. I can kind of understand where they are going now with the "family friendly" fall festival vibe. Friendly characters, smiling faces and warm tones.

and lots o beer! yay

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Like I said, Otto proportionally and anatomically gives the vibe I would expect. The weird pose of the chick is just off-putting. The front of the dress (as the cross-tie trail on the front of the dress points) is almost directly in front of the bar, and her feet are facing the bar, but her upper torso (shoulders, especially) are relaxed like she's not contorted 130 degrees or more around below. It just jumped out to me as a weird "only in a drawing" pose. We'll see what it looks like in high res. But overall, I like the tone of the art, so that's a great first sign.

#584 5 years ago

Good observation, PinMonk
Maybe she's a fembot.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Creating a festive "Oktoberfest" atmosphere to help promote a new Oktoberfest themed game seems like a marketing natural to me. This doesn't even require AP staff to personally wear any authentic garb. Just hiring a few folks to represent the characters from the game, such as "Otto" the bartender guy and some traditional beerhall waitresses, could really help enhance the game's overall presence at the show.
I'm sure the AP team is already on top of this though! In the meantime, the anticipation builds ...

I’m in on this

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Otto is awesome. The chick has a broken back. Her feet are pointing forward and her torso is twisted to an impossible degree that makes her character give a very "weird" impression right off the bat.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Cool artwork - I'm digging it! Gretta does look a little weird, but I'll get over it. Otto looks great and those beers ... nice head action and looking very tasty!

Boding well for the game so far. If the rest of the artwork as well as the gameplay follow through, Oktoberfest may move to the top of my wishlist!

#587 5 years ago

It's a good thing Germany has national health care because this woman needs major surgery PRONTO!

#588 5 years ago

It was a good move Balcer revealled the title officially allready.

Thinking back to Dialed In, everyone was down with the theme at the reveal, wich took a lot of the reveal/ presentation itself.

Now with Oktoberfest, that 'bummer' is gone and we're now in happy anticipation mode again and can appreciate the game itself better.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The chick has a broken back. Her feet are pointing forward and her torso is twisted to an impossible degree that makes her character give a very "weird" impression right off the bat.

Better than the Heighway Pinball chick with two left feet.

LTG : )

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Good observation, vireland
Maybe she's a fembot.

Ha! I thought of the female Terminator who does those impossible contortions.

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I thought we were gonna do a reveal at Chicago.. Guess I missed that memo!

#592 5 years ago

What a weird way to reveal the art for your game, I don't understand it, a bunch of low rez video caps seems like not putting your best foot forward for building some hype.

Looks like the title would suggest I guess, bit on the dull side. Not exactly full of action, two stiff poses on either side of a centered logo, mostly brown everywhere else. Not really all that exciting to back light that. If there's a carnival and rides and whatever else besides beer and pretzel stereotypes I'm not seeing it reflected in the main art.

Not a fan of the broken back "lets show the front and the back" pose on the woman as people have pointed out.

I dunno, it's whatever really. It excites me about as much as the theme, which is to say not at all, but it's not offensive or anything. This is one game that's gonna get sold on the back of gameplay. If it's good no one will care about the translite. I'm confident Joe has good ideas for the code.

But I'm just still perplexed over doing such a mundane theme when there's a whole world of possibilities out there, so don't ask me.

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

... Looks like the title would suggest I guess, bit on the dull side. Not exactly full of action, two stiff poses on either side of a centered logo, mostly brown everywhere else. Not really all that exciting to back light that. If there's a carnival and rides and whatever else besides beer and pretzel stereotypes I'm not seeing it reflected in the main art.
Not a fan of the broken back "lets show the front and the back" pose on the woman as people have pointed out.
I dunno, it's whatever really. It excites me about as much as the theme, which is to say not at all, but it's not offensive or anything. This is one game that's gonna get sold on the back of gameplay. If it's good no one will care about the translite. I'm confident Joe has good ideas for the code.
But I'm just still perplexed over doing such a mundane theme when there's a whole world of possibilities out there, so don't ask me.

Debbie Downer (resized).jpgDebbie Downer (resized).jpg

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What a weird way to reveal the art for your game, I don't understand it, a bunch of low rez video caps seems like not putting your best foot forward for building some hype.
Looks like the title would suggest I guess, bit on the dull side. Not exactly full of action, two stiff poses on either side of a centered logo, mostly brown everywhere else. Not really all that exciting to back light that. If there's a carnival and rides and whatever else besides beer and pretzel stereotypes I'm not seeing it reflected in the main art.

What counts is how the theme is integrated. This theme is not as weird as any other one (Dialed In, Deadpool, Iron Maiden, AC are way weirder in my book).statment about orange and apple is weird.
Otherwise, it is not translite but flyer.

#595 5 years ago

For a crappy picture I think I like the vibe.

API - why would you allow this crappy picture to be released? I would release a high res picture immediately. Take control of your marketing messages for heavens sake!

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

I thought we were gonna do a reveal at Chicago.. Guess I missed that memo!

I thought the same. If the snapshot in fact came from PinballStar and it wasn’t supposed to be shown, then maybe AP should ask them.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I thought the same. If the snapshot in fact came from PinballStar and it wasn’t supposed to be shown, then maybe AP should ask them.

Well, we only see a little....
Finally maybe API is way stronger than Aurich said about making hype!

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Well, we only see a little....
Finally maybe API is way stronger than Aurich said about making hype!

23d056ed73b3972eaabfa13f1860bb620872838c48e0c1b819fe4feceef14624 (resized).jpg23d056ed73b3972eaabfa13f1860bb620872838c48e0c1b819fe4feceef14624 (resized).jpg

Edit: Loool! The Forum showed me ZMeny talking to ZMeny, not your Name, sorry!!! XD

#599 5 years ago

(double post)

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Maybe she's a fembot.

We can only hope.

After Texas banned the robot brothel last week, I need a fix.

oktoberfest-girls-sharejunkies-40 (resized).jpgoktoberfest-girls-sharejunkies-40 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/12?hl=luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.