(Topic ID: 224963)

Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin.

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,992 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8880f5e6998fb0663ff4a9a77f40c92eb6c125f2 (resized).png
okt (resized).jpg
59547925-ED73-4D13-9C0B-C0B4DB7F1F2C (resized).jpeg
20210418_173000 (resized).jpg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpg
20211127_232248 (resized).jpg
BLKFRIDAY2021 (1) (resized).png
16341706819071145026220657450351 (resized).jpg
AAAABWnlUYQGnwPYrDFi3t2ZJg8xDmhdqB2hGmDLTPnpLg4SjPq15X8P8IAl66bSXZXeQjCVgv9i_WrsIbMEvcUa9pH863X- (resized).jpg
20211006_190939 (resized).jpg
47cc5c7a51600f42dccc5022b9550eca8025c861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7361 (resized).jpg
IMG_7362 (resized).jpg
Okt upgraded coil stop - blue = new (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20210620_160449 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #928 Oktoberfest initial release pics and rule card pic Posted by PinballSTAR (5 years ago)

Post #1686 Updated (final?) Oktoberfest cabinet art Posted by HOOKED (5 years ago)

Post #1954 Link to 3/1/19 streaming video Posted by chuckwurt (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 100.
#2 5 years ago

Was hoping this was just a rumored joke. Oh well.

#3 5 years ago

Yikes!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#4 5 years ago

By now we should know that being out on theme alone is a bad idea. Lets see what they have in mind. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. "Oktoberfest" Better hurry up October is almost here. Good Luck!

#5 5 years ago

Uhhh, yeah....good luck with that one AP? Can't wait to hear the thought process on that theme decision.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

By now we should know that being out on theme alone is a bad idea. Lets see what they have in mind. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. "Oktoberfest" Better hurry up October is almost here. Good Luck!

Exactly. Most everyone seems to have gotten past the theme of Dialed In. Oktoberfest will likely be no different. Could be a great design and tons of fun. I wish the people at American luck with their #2 game, and am glad they’re around to give us more options.

#7 5 years ago
5824141F-8F33-4DA2-AC98-76F71BD23F64.gif5824141F-8F33-4DA2-AC98-76F71BD23F64.gif
#8 5 years ago

Time for the Mini-Keg Mod!

Dispenses a Frosty Mug on Special!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

By now we should know that being out on theme alone is a bad idea.

I agree. Could be great and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

#10 5 years ago

Ausgezeichnet!

This is wild, but with all the monster titles aren’t you a little bit curious what they do?

If it has a tap and plays well, I may be in.

#11 5 years ago

I’m willing to bet this is going to be a Dialed In situation - freak out over theme, lots of “I’m out!!” And then the game is awesome

#12 5 years ago

Like mentioned above.
If it has an option for built in Kegerator...will see. Need to play it first.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m willing to bet this is going to be a Dialed In situation - freak out over theme, lots of “I’m out!!” And then the game is awesome

The game better play awesome, because the theme sucks. I hope they don't slather it in lame boob art either.

#14 5 years ago

*waits for pictures*

I always wanted Circe's Animal House to get made... I guess on theme this isn't really too far off, minus the mythology?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The game better play awesome, because the theme sucks. I hope they don't slather it in lame boob art either.

Boob art saved Woah Nellie...

#16 5 years ago

Done right, could be awesome.
Oktoberfest is the worlds largest party, and remember Pinball is HUGE in Europe too.
Das Boot! Multi-ball, Bring it!!!

3F369E85-8BB3-4975-9486-A1F0446D0D00 (resized).jpeg3F369E85-8BB3-4975-9486-A1F0446D0D00 (resized).jpeg
#17 5 years ago

I personally have no interest in a beer/drinking themed pin at home, but I would imagine it would be great at a brewery or bar. That’s probably their target buyer- breweries and barcades are the new hot thing for those in their 20s and 30s. Maybe I could buy one to put on route at one of my local breweries.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Theme is the reason I don't own a DI. If I'm spending a shit ton of money on a new pinball machine you can bet for sure it's going to be a theme I like.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I personally have no interest in a beer/drinking themed pin at home,

Octoberfest is much more than that.

American Pinball might surprise people.

LTG : )

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Done right, could be awesome.
Oktoberfest is the worlds largest party, and remember Pinball is HUGE in Europe too.
Das Boot! Multi-ball, Bring it!!![quoted image]

Actually your wrong.
Carnival in Rio is technically the worlds largest party. So damn big, they don't need other countries to make up there own versions.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You’re absolutely correct. I have not seen any details yet, I am open to trying new ideas and will definitely play it when it is available.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Coz:

You’re absolutely correct. I have not seen any details yet, I am open to trying new ideas and will definitely play it when it is available.

Cant wait to play it, see pics, and hope I really love it as much as Houdini.
But...I have a problem. I mentioned this Title to my wife several months ago....She flat out said no, not even letting me explain or justify.
She made me sell my "Big Betty's Truck Stop", really miss that one.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Better hurry up October is almost here.

The real Oktoberfest starts late September and ends the first week of October...

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cant wait to play it, see pics, and hope I really love it as much as Houdini.
But...I have a problem. I mentioned this Title to my wife several months ago....She flat out said no, not even letting me explain or justify.
She made me sell my "Big Betty's Truck Stop", really miss that one.

See this is why I have to keep my wife around. She actively encourages me to buy the boob games. She wanted a Woah Nellie really bad until we all realized it doesn't play at all like an EM or sound like an EM.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was hoping this was just a rumored joke. Oh well.

Oh well, was reaction also.....hundreds, literally hundreds of themes to choose from. AP, JJP and Homepin need to get together to compete for "Worst Pinball Theme Battle Royal".

Oh I forgot to add Deeproot who are also qualified with their Bible adventure

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Boob art saved Woah Nellie...

Did it? I know a lot of people that don't like the game because of the eye-rolling boob stuff. Melony? Come on.

My wife does roll her eyes at whoa Nellie, but so do I. I love boobs, but cartoon ones on a pin are pretty cheesy these days, in my opinion. To each his own.

#27 5 years ago

I hope they hand out free lederhosen as a promotion. I'd be so in on that.

#28 5 years ago

Pure speculation but I believe it will ship before 2019. Houdini has a 2017 date and they would not want a year without a title.
I thought they would hold the announcement back till Expo or at least Oct 1. I dont think this really surprised anyone it was almost confirmed by multiple sources way back this spring. Maybe the UL is almost ready and they know pinside would sniff them out.

#29 5 years ago

If they "stole" Trilogys beer tapping idea they might just have a platinum seller. One of the greatest ideas I've ever seen implemented on a pin was the Trilogy Beer pin.

#30 5 years ago

But probably not. Don't think it would work that well on a conventional pin.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

See this is why I have to keep my wife around. She actively encourages me to buy the boob games. She wanted a Woah Nellie really bad until we all realized it doesn't play at all like an EM or sound like an EM.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Did it? I know a lot of people that don't like the game because of the eye-rolling boob stuff. Melony? Come on.
My wife does roll her eyes at whoa Nellie, but so do I. I love boobs, but cartoon ones on a pin are pretty cheesy these days, in my opinion. To each his own.

Who doesn't love Boob Art?

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
#32 5 years ago

Companies that put personal grail themes ahead of what is going to actually sell and keep the doors open are foolishly naive. Even if this is targeting hipster breweries, they need to be very careful about loading it up with fake boobs. That isn't going to fly out in public in the beer snob/hipster culture. I think manufacturers should offer different translite options to keep the Odin's out there as well as the general public happy.

#33 5 years ago

Does it seem odd that AMERICAN Pinball chose a very un-American theme?

99% of Americans don't even know when it is celebrated.

Game #3 is rumored to be the largest celebration on earth: Carnival

p-5468618120001-brightcove-discover-rio-carnival-20170704-054810 (resized).jpgp-5468618120001-brightcove-discover-rio-carnival-20170704-054810 (resized).jpg

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You think it sold out on it's design merits or because it played like people that are interested in EMs would want it to play? Heh.

Cheesy or not, it sells. There's literally millions of examples of this.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But probably not. Don't think it would work that well on a conventional pin.

Ill help you make one!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who doesn't love Boob Art?
[quoted image]

Insecure wives.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Insecure wives.

LOL....hope you're wearing the firefighting outfit today...

#38 5 years ago

Cant wait. the breweries we operate in are gonna love this!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's for sure.

200_s (resized).png200_s (resized).png
#40 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does it seem odd that AMERICAN Pinball chooses a very un-American theme?
99% of Americans don't even know when it is celebrated.

Just as odd as a company across the Atlantic making a Mafia pin or two American ones fighting over a monster from Japan.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does it seem odd that AMERICAN Pinball chose a very un-American theme?

But Houdini was an All american Artist and Hero!
Wait, born in Budapest Hungry.
Wait Vid, the games are made in the good ol USA.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just as odd as a company across the Atlantic making a Mafia pin or two American ones fighting over a monster from Japan.

Everyone in the States knows who Godzilla, Houdini or the Mafia is.

No one knows when Oktoberfest is.

Everyone at church this week was angry that Disneyland is going to start serving Beer to the general public

#43 5 years ago

Horrible theme. What a shame.

#44 5 years ago

Wonder if it will have a cup holder, large enough for a 1 litre mug of beer?

#45 5 years ago

Food and beer yummy, but as a theme for pinball , not sure. Nonetheless, I still want to play it!!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one knows when Oktoberfest is.

I do. Back in the 1970's I wanted to spend a September in Germany so I could see it.

#47 5 years ago

I think the theme has potential although I'm skeptical. I know from experience the fact I now own and love dialed in is enough for me to give this a chance. I'm excited to see what they can do bc they're a talented group. I'm not a Houdini fan but it's very impressive what they pulled off with basically no drama.

Best of luck guys

#48 5 years ago

Heeeeeeeeeeey what a easy retheme to strange brew. In the movie they end up at oktoberfest. Could be good.

On the whole theme thing. One cannot be afraid to try something new otherwise its just the same old layout and theme with no 'great' games ever arising.
Variety is the spice of life.

#49 5 years ago

Tapper type video mode, but more realistic??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 4,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 100.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.