Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Razor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've narrowed it down to these three titles, which one should I buy and why?

#2 4 years ago

Ive owned all three, would go with LAH - great game with a heap going on

#3 4 years ago

I imagine a lot here will say JM (seems popular around here) but I like LAH more.

#4 4 years ago

3 good games, you cannot go wrong with any of them, I own 2 of them, and would like to add the third back in to the collection.

#5 4 years ago

Demoman with the claw disabled. All three are great options though, I'd say it's a tough pick, but I'd probably go Demoman

#6 4 years ago

Demolition Man is the best of the three based on what I have played. It rewards flow more than the others, has satisfying shots, combos, many multiball modes and lots of interesting ways to get points. Fun theme, good sound, solid Williams feel. Oh, and it has the triggers (awesome to use, and you get more points for it). It also offers a lot of flexibility in how you approach the game, based on whether you have the claw disabled or not. Play with it for a while enabled, then try it disabled--you have to approach the game in a very different way.

#7 4 years ago

Not Judge Dredd, far too easy.

#8 4 years ago

It's funny these 3 plus Dredd were the ones I was debating about last year. Went with Dredd but I'm starting to look again and JM is on the top of my list.

#9 4 years ago

If you go with Demoman, be prepared to totally rebuild all three flippers, if they aren't perfect you won't be able to make the ramp shots consistantly

#10 4 years ago

JM and DM are games I've owned, but they didn't have staying power. JM is a lot more fun to shoot and has some great strategy. Of the three, I'd go there.

#11 4 years ago

JM without a doubt, ive had all three and JM has THE most flow, yes more than demo man imo, and its the fastest damn pinball machine ive ever played. Modes are stupid, and the callouts are shit, but the game is rediculously fun to play. Ill never sell mine. I've sold DM twice now, and lah.

#12 4 years ago

JM for sure! It keeps the interest day after day, week after week!

"What are you doing?"
"I'm making a long distance phone call"!

Gotta love the game quotes and the hand/glove. I am keeping mine forever!

#13 4 years ago

JM

Great game...fun and complex strategy... Super fast.

I disagree about staying power... I think JM has it.

#15 4 years ago

JM is the best game of those 3. Lightning fast and power down wizard mode is cool.

#16 4 years ago

make sure the crane works well in LAH. Not so much fun if it doesn't. All three are great, but none are one I would say I'll keep forever.

#17 4 years ago

Good stuff guys, keep the comments coming.

#18 4 years ago

JM is a VERY fast game as others have stated, personally I hate the theme, and hated the movie more than I can say.. but the game is a total blast to play, when you have a great game on it, you feel like you accomplished something

DM is my personal favorite, especially with the swear roms installed, fast, great flow, great call outs with the real actors, lots of shots to master, you get one or two down, then forget how to get the other ones.. personally this would be MY choice out of the 3

LAH, just so much going on with that one, the crane does nothing for me, but you have magnets under the playfield, a 6 ball multi ball, real actors call outs from the movie, and a good amount of modes to get to the wizard mode..

I would say LAH has the "cheapest" feel of the 3.. The Glove on JM slows down the game and is a PAIN to work on..

I would go DM, JM then LAH.. I have 2 of them, and I am now looking to get another LAH since I just got LW3 back and I think it would be cool to have LAH and Lw3 in the same collection.

#19 4 years ago

This would be my pick as well. I've owned JM twice and LAH, and just recently warmed up to DM. DM I think would have more staying power and be the best of the three.

#20 4 years ago

I've had all three and enjoyed each of them, but LAH is my favorite of the group. There is a lot to like in the machine.

#21 4 years ago

If you go with LAH, make sure you get the updated ROM that was recently released. It smooths out a lot of the game's rough edges (like the originally-horrid wizard "mode"). I wouldn't put it above the other two regardless, but it is generally a slightly cheaper game to acquire.

#22 4 years ago

DM gets boring after a while. I've owned it twice, and it won't be coming back. LAH I sold to a friend, and I regret it, but it will be back one day. JM is a fun machine, but the glove slows the piss out of it, it's a real downer.

LAH doesn't have a shot that isn't doing something at all times. It's a very deep game, with so many little side things going on. Modes are all fun, and the music is great. Why did I sell this again...?

#23 4 years ago

Draw another card.

I've owned JM and DM; they're two of the games I got rid of fastest, and I don't miss either one bit. I've only played LAH twice, but I found it a bit more interesting than the other two.

In the same price range, you can get a Dredd or Fish Tales. Both of those left my collection once and I missed them immediately; I have purchased both of those games again, and they're keepers. WCS is close to that range as well.

#24 4 years ago

I'd go JM. Aside from the glove, there's a lot of fast action and plenty to shoot. Yea, the movie is terrible, but it's almost laughably terrible which gives it a certain charm.

I had a DM and it's cool too (I actually love the movie), but I personally got bored with it and moved it on after a few months. It's not as fast and flowy as JM and for being a wide body, I felt the whole upper left quadrant of the playfield could have been used better.

I don't have much time on LAH, but the game has never really grabbed me. It's a 'kitchen sink' of a game where Data East threw every trick up their sleeves into one machine. I could see fixing it being more difficult than the other two and I have seen more than one with heavy playfield wear by the scoop, so watch for that.

I don't think you'd really be disappointed with any of these games. They are all good, just not great.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Razor:

I've narrowed it down to these three titles, which one should I buy and why?

If you didn't live so far away I would say stop over and play my JM and DM. You can't go wrong with either for the price. I know I sound like a broken record but I don't think it gets enough praise on Pinside; the Demolition Man on Steroids software upgrade makes it a whole new game. You don't need to understand the ins and outs of how it all works now, just know that when you get tired of the DM software you can upgrade.

#26 4 years ago

Is that done with a new rom, or is this a P Roc thing?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Is that done with a new rom, or is this a P Roc thing?

Thats the one that requires the P-Roc. But I've read the new rom is really good too. With the P-Roc you can dual boot different code if you ever want to play the original.

#28 4 years ago

I have to learn about this P Roc thing, I know there is a ton on the board about it, never really looked into it.. I got the other one on a rom, did not care for it, and took it right out and went back to the original. I like that you can play the original and the new one with the P Roc, but like I said, I know NOTHING about P Roc and what is involved in it.

#29 4 years ago

i have owned all three JM is the way to go!

#30 4 years ago

Anyone around MA selling a LAH? I saw one on the NY CL but the seller does not get back to you.

Thanks
Steve

#31 4 years ago

JM is the best of three for me, I've owned all and its pretty close.

#32 4 years ago

JM has one of the best wizard modes in pinball.

#33 4 years ago

None of these three would be on my want list of but of the bunch probably JM, just because I'm pretty unfamiliar with it and it's fast.

DM gets boring quick and wastes a full third of the playfield, and LAH is standard lower tier DE crap.

#34 4 years ago

I've not played LAH.

Had a choice between JM and DM myself recently. DM ramps are some of if not the best feeling shots in pinball to me personally, but I went with JM due to difficulty.

#35 4 years ago

Demo Man easily. Picked a nice one up cheap 3 months ago and was going to play it for 2 weeks and flip for a double. During that time I have sold 4 machines including Lah that I did not want to play after 2 weeks. There are too many shots on LAH and little to no flow. DM has some of the best flow and combo shots of any pin and has great toys and sound. JM I have only played 3-4 times but the hand was a negative for me.

#36 4 years ago

JM for sure. It's not everyone's cup but I love love love it!! At some point I'll prob alsl get a demoman but for now I am all over Johnny

#37 4 years ago

Well as it stands we have...
DM-6
JM-14
LAH-6

I just wish JM had original actors doing the call outs. Maybe some repo plastics and side art.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Razor:

I just wish JM had original actors doing the call outs.

The voice overs in JM are actually very good. What sucked was the absence of Dolph as Street Preacher. Would have been a cool mode, or mini wizard. Still I would take JM over MB,MM,CC and many other 6 to 10K titles, same with Shadow and Congo.

#39 4 years ago

I agree my youngest son is a big Sly fan and keeps trying to influence the Demo man pin.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Razor:

I agree my youngest son is a big Sly fan and keeps trying to influence the Demo man pin.

DM is awesome too and plays like nothing else available. Hearing Stallone yell our "Replay" never gets old.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I've not played LAH.
Had a choice between JM and DM myself recently. DM ramps are some of if not the best feeling shots in pinball to me personally, but I went with JM due to difficulty.

That's what I'm feeling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.50
$ 11.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside