Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

congo_jm.jpg
DSC01905_zps8134be71.jpg
DSC01903_zpscc7a9b41.jpg
DSC01605.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Which one do you prefer and y? current games....SM....lotr....TZ...tspp...shadow...tftc....bsd

#2 11 years ago

Damn. Two great games!

Seeing as you have a Shadow also (a psuedo-speedfreak game), I think you can't go wrong with either game. I slightly edge toward JM mostly because it plays a tad smoother than Congo (which already plays smoothly like buttah), and kinda reminds me of Shadow at times with the crazy loop/ramp ball returns. Also I think the JM Powerdown mode is cooler than the Super Multiball mode in Congo.

#3 11 years ago

I would say Congo.

#4 11 years ago

I'd say Congo. I could never get too into JM. It seems like getting spinner millions lit and then banging the spinner to death is the whole game. It's fast and fun, but Congo may have more longevity.

#6 11 years ago

Sold my JM, and presently looking for a Congo instead.

#7 11 years ago

A little OT, but I saw a Congo for sale in SoCal for $2595. Is that a good price or is that too high?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

A little OT, but I saw a Congo for sale in SoCal for $2595. Is that a good price or is that too high?

Too high! I'll sell mine for $2499!

#9 11 years ago

Tough call I really enjoy both pins a lot. I owned a Congo and really liked the playfield lay out incredibly smooth and good balance of stop and go with flow. JM is right up there and I love it but as far as an all around package I would go with a Congo if I had to choose.

#10 11 years ago

Both of those are good choices for you and fit your collection well. Both are fast, fun and have a lot of flow. Congo gets a +1 for third flipper. Looking at your collection, it seems you prefer > 2 flipper games generally also.

#11 11 years ago

congo a million trillion times!
better game, much more fun. volcano shot is one of the best ever in pin history. better art. better layout.
go for congo, dont even hesitate

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I don't know how anyone could give you pricing advice without any mention of condition.

Here's some pictures of a Congo I picked up fairly recently and I can tell you it cost me more than $2595!

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb439/snaroff/Congo/

If the example you are talking about is in above average to excellent condition, the price seems fair.

#13 11 years ago

Still want those pics Gabe?

#14 11 years ago

Congo is more fun and its crazy when you get 100 diamonds for 5 ball multiball. JM is also a good game for the price it commands and very smooth. I didnt like the glove though. I have seen congos for under 2k recently so I think 2595 is too high but it seems to be climbing the price ladder.

#15 11 years ago

JM for sure! I am the Master of Powerdown!

#16 11 years ago

Yes i do.

#17 11 years ago

Congo. Call outs by Ernie Hudson (with a 'British' accent) and Tim Currey (with an East Romanian accent)? Awesome.

DSC01605.jpgDSC01605.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Plus, you can still get pretty much all of the toyline (cheap and still MOC) to display near the machine:

DSC01903_zpscc7a9b41.jpgDSC01903_zpscc7a9b41.jpg DSC01905_zps8134be71.jpgDSC01905_zps8134be71.jpg

#19 11 years ago

I've owned both and still have my Congo in my collection. Actually Congo is one of my favorites and has been with me the longest (17 months) of all my games. Also it is one of my cheapest games and for what I paid and what I could get for it I would be hard pressed to find another game I enjoy as much for the same money. I love the combos in Congo especially through the upper flipper and that volcano shot through the pops is one of the most satisfying shots too.

The same can be said with JM which I owed as well for almost a year and traded it for another game I wanted. If I had the space and a nicer example with less fade popped up I wouldn't hesitate to put it next to Congo again or even folding it and saving it for later.

congo_jm.jpgcongo_jm.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Congo vs $1350 JM

#21 11 years ago

Tuffy...Haven't played a ton of Congo, but I would take just aboot anything over JM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-vs-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.