JM2.jpg
JM.jpg
Iphone_11-12_011.JPG
Iphone_11-12_033.JPG
Iphone_11-12_028.JPG
Iphone_11-12_311.JPG
Iphone_11-12_229.JPG
Iphone_11-12_031.JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Anyone notice the huge jump in approximate value for JM on this site? Looks like it went from a range of $700-$900 up to $1700-$2000 overnight. Any clue as to the jump? It seems like a more reasonable price range to me. I know you cant find a decent one in Canada for under $2k.

#2 11 years ago

JM is still one of the best bang for your buck pins out there. No doubt about it. I havent kept tabs on its price lately but not surprised its going up. It is the Christmas season as well.

#3 11 years ago

Its been this on the west coast for 10 years.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from mandrick:

Any clue as to the jump?

Many many many prices are going up. I don;t know when you could get one for $700, but DMDs under a K have been tough for a long time.

#5 11 years ago

Hundreds of pins, some prices just hadn't been given their jump yet

#6 11 years ago

Good. Finally the price on the site is more inline with actual.

#7 11 years ago

Then again...in Canada we cant get a WH2O for under $3000.....

#8 11 years ago

I guess they just updated it... though now it seems a little high. Usually see them around the same range as JD/DM at ~$1500

#9 11 years ago

What about a JM with zero cabinet fade?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Its been this on the west coast for 10 years.

Not always. I scored a barely faded, perfect PF JM on ebay 4 years ago for 850 bucks. Deals still pop up from time to time.

#11 11 years ago

It is the same in Ontario. I have been looking for a JM for a while and they have been selling for 2K. I expect to pay a bit more than in the US but I have a pretty set price for what I want to pay. One will turn up eventually at the price I want to pay as i'm not in a rush. It does seem like everyone wants to 2K even if the games are in different condition. Its the same with any pin nowdays one guy gets it for a top quality condition and everyone after tries for that price.

#12 11 years ago

Just sold mine with lots of cabinet fade but great shape otherwise for 1700 :cry:gonna miss old johnny i think

#13 11 years ago

I've been saying this for a while now. Great game, lousy movie. Just bought one and turned it around to a repeat customer for a bit over 2K. (he also bought a TOTAN which he got for a steal), but I think the price of some of these "B" titles are going way up with the A titles so far out of reach for a lot of folks... I can remember seeing BSD's for less than 800 bucks when I first started, and you couldn't give them away. Now it's a sought after game. ( I miss mine, but I'm glad it's being enjoyed by it's new owners!)

#14 11 years ago

Can be had for $1500 easy.

#15 11 years ago

From where? Guy here just wanted $1750 for a twice broken one.....

#16 11 years ago

twice broken, sounds like a pinball machine

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

twice broken, sounds like a pinball machine

Twice broken - at the same time... (aka not working x 2).

#18 11 years ago

Fast and challenging. If they re themed this pin ... Homerun. I'm looking for one.

#19 11 years ago

As far as I can tell they have been selling in clean working condition for $1700-$2000 for many months now. JD's in same condition have been selling for $1800-2400. Same with a bunch of other B-List titles......WCS, HS2, W?D, DM, Congo, JP....etc....

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

As far as I can tell they have been selling in clean working condition for $1700-$2000 for many months now. JD's in same condition have been selling for $1800-2400. Same with a bunch of other B-List titles......WCS, HS2, W?D, DM, Congo, JP....etc....

This assessment is right on.

#21 11 years ago

Mines almost finished

Iphone_11-12_031.JPGIphone_11-12_031.JPG

#22 11 years ago

Nice, I really like the cab artwork, do you have an alternate translite too?

#23 11 years ago

I have seen the game in the 1500 range very recently. Up from around 1000-1200 a couple years ago...

#24 11 years ago

Nice work, and cool alternate decals!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Mines almost finished

You had someone make you some custom decals to cover up the fade? Cool I have one and what I noticed was I could do the lower portion red decals but haven't decided if it was worth the cost.

Whats the view on using the alternative decals sky pilot has? Better or keep the orginal decals even in faded condition?

#26 11 years ago

Where can these be purchased? How much? I may be interested...

#27 11 years ago

just because a couple have a huge asking price, doesn't mean that's the going rate. Some of my stuff sold for high prices, but I wouldn't say that it's the going rate yet.

#28 11 years ago

I traded this for a SP. It came faded with Art work and a ramp ( both uninstalled) .So I tore it down redid the cabinet,replaced 2 rampsrebuilt every thing else I could and sent the Armor out to Alex. As far as the art work ,I really dont know where to aquire it.

Iphone_11-12_229.JPGIphone_11-12_229.JPG Iphone_11-12_311.JPGIphone_11-12_311.JPG Iphone_11-12_028.JPGIphone_11-12_028.JPG

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

You had someone make you some custom decals to cover up the fade? Cool I have one and what I noticed was I could do the lower portion red decals but haven't decided if it was worth the cost.
Whats the view on using the alternative decals sky pilot has? Better or keep the orginal decals even in faded condition?

I debated this for a month .Now that its done ,I love it Iphone_11-12_033.JPGIphone_11-12_033.JPG Iphone_11-12_011.JPGIphone_11-12_011.JPG

#30 11 years ago

Crazy that this topic came up yesterday! My brother saw a JM at a customer's house(he's an appraiser and doesn't collect pins) and called me right away when he asked if it was for sale and the customer said "sure". We think we can get it pretty cheap. I'm going to look at it today, hopefully.

Any typical JM problem/wear areas I should look for?

#31 11 years ago

I paid $5K for my JM and I don't regret it at all. It is fully chromed with the same artwork. this will be worth some cash when you are done.

JM.jpgJM.jpg JM2.jpgJM2.jpg

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Crazy that this topic came up yesterday! My brother saw a JM at a customer's house(he's an appraiser and doesn't collect pins) and called me right away when he asked if it was for sale and the customer said "sure". We think we can get it pretty cheap. I'm going to look at it today, hopefully.
Any typical JM problem/wear areas I should look for?

Just make sure the hand works!!!

#33 11 years ago

glove not working right happens alot on JM, so look for that

#34 11 years ago

Also look above the middle and RH rollover lane where the glove drops the ball after a mode start. Other places to look are the Crazy Bob's saucer and the small exit lane below the pop bumper field.

Johnny is an incredible game. Good luck!

Later,
EV

#35 11 years ago

Hand/glove, ball drops and rollovers, Crazy Bob's saucer, exit lane of pop bumper field. Got it! Anything else?

I already know how to run through the menus and run the standard tests(I do it after each time I work on my TZ). Is there one to test the glove mech's? Is there another test I should do that is JM specific?

#36 11 years ago

Make sure the 320GB spinner is there. Some people take it off since it is a pretty good score-exploit. I have seen a few with it gone.

#37 11 years ago

I love my Johnny...........just need some love done to it on the front of cab.

#38 11 years ago

Thats the main things, glove is working - drop area for glove on PF- put mylar down if not there already, around bumper area gets heavy use, crazy bobs drop hole, ramps are hard to come by look for cracks, left ramp is easy to get -top ramp a bit harder. New decals for the spinner can be had on ebay for 6-9 bucks. I have had my JM for a few months $1680 is what I paid- cabinet fade red's yellow, bottom of cab in bad shape, PF goodshape, hand working. Lol and my PS looks like it was found on the bottom of the sea.

There is also a test for the hand. My hand fails the test but I think one of the previous owners did a work around - it works fine but reports failure in test - shrugs.

JM is a very underated machine- you get a lot of variety and fast play. Also what Sky pilot did should be done to all Shadow pins- lord knows no one wants to look at a baldwin brother in the face.

#39 11 years ago

My poor JM in its current state.

JM_(in_parts).jpgJM_(in_parts).jpg

#40 11 years ago

There is also the time-wasting/annoying matter of bulbs out in the matrix......prepare to spend some time there as these are difficult to access. Most just do it once and change these bulbs out for leds.

#41 11 years ago

I wouldn't sell my JM for 5k. Its currently one of my favorates to play. I think its a keeper.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

There is also a test for the hand. My hand fails the test but I think one of the previous owners did a work around - it works fine but reports failure in test

Mine is the same,In fact it failed and I was ready to tear into it .I decided to run the game on the rotissere and it played fine.Can some one elaborate on this?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Mine is the same,In fact it failed and I was ready to tear into it .I decided to run the game on the rotissere and it played fine.Can some one elaborate on this?

Cracked wires in the harness in the hand mech most likely. VERY common issue with JM. Rebuild the harness and you are good to go!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Where can these be purchased? How much? I may be interested...

Good question....anyone know if these decals are available anywhere?

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Cracked wires in the harness in the hand mech most likely. VERY common issue with JM. Rebuild the harness and you are good to go!

Yup.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I paid $5K for my JM and I don't regret it at all. It is fully chromed with the same artwork. this will be worth some cash when you are done.

Whoa, that is a nice looking machine you've got there! Keep that bad-boy forever.

#47 11 years ago

Ok so JM is mocking me
One of the first things in did on deciding to restore this pin was a new harness.
Got everything working beautifully 10 games later credit dot ( hand can't adjust ) keeps initializing
Think I got a bad switch ...sh%t

#48 11 years ago

And again, sometimes prices on pinside just aren't updated as fast as the trending price.
For example, anyone get a shadow in the last couple weeks for $1,200? http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/shadow

#49 11 years ago

For what its worth a very nice Johnny M without fade etc should command over $2500.00

A typical nice PF, no hacks etc.., with some fade and everything working $1800.0 - $1900.00

A modded out one? - Depends what mods are worth

#50 11 years ago

I had traded away my first JM because the deal was too good to pass up but I missed it in the lineup.

Alot of WTB posts on RGP, one thing lead to another and now I'm the proud owner of JM #0001
(It Still had Prototype AMOA 95' Expo Roms and holes for the original topper that gomez made like 4 of)

EDIT - I also sent those Rom's to John Wart Jr. to backup for safe keeping

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 29.00
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-value-jump and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.