• Latest reply 11 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BK2K_012.JPG
#1 11 years ago

thinking about trading my johnny mnemonic what are some good pins around the same value.

#2 11 years ago

JD, DW and DM are all at the same price point and are pretty highly regarded.

#3 11 years ago

I would say $1500 +/- $300 based on condition. As stated above, DW and JD would be a fair trade. Good luck!

TL

#4 11 years ago

Thanks guys would BK2K be a good trade?

#5 11 years ago

Yep. I see BK2K's sell for around $1500, so yeah they are equivalent.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

Thanks guys would BK2K be a good trade?

bk2k is worth more. i won't comment on gameplay.

#7 11 years ago

You can't trade yet. Been out of town for a few days and you go off and want to trade. Can I please play it before you get rid of it?

Edit* But if a BK2K shows up be gone with JM and home with BK2K

#8 11 years ago

You Could've had this 1 Trident !!! I sold it for $ 1400.00 ,, and sold it Toooo CHEAP !!!

Before and After Shop and Led's .....

BK2K_012.JPGBK2K_012.JPG

#9 11 years ago

I've been trying to trade my JM for the past few months. So far I've been offered a The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, Earthshaker, X-Files and Taxi. I'm honestly really hoping to find a Whirlwind, The Shadow, High Speed II: The Getaway, Jurassic Park, Whitewater or World Cup Soccer. Obviously, I'm willing to add some cash thought.

I would think machines closer in value would be Demolition Man, Judge Dredd and Terminator 2.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've been trying to trade my JM for the past few months. So far I've been offered a The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, Earthshaker, X-files and Taxi.

I'd say the Bride of Pinbot is a good trade, I would take that one assuming it was in good condition, having a JM myself. Earthshaker and Taxi are favorites of mine but i wouldn't say that is necessarily a good trade unless they are in great shape, which is rare. X-Files absolutely not IMO, never could get into that game.

Jurassic Park seems right about in line if you can find one, great game also

#11 11 years ago

I would gladly pay extra for a Jurassic Park. I think it's $200-$400 more, but in the world of pinball that's probably still pretty close.

#12 11 years ago

JP and JM - obviously 2 out of 3 I have - are pretty darn comparable. I would say, in terms of gameplay, JM destroys JP. JM has so many shots going for it, whereas JP as 1 ramp and 1 "ooohhhh ahhhhh" toy being the TREX. JM absolutely annihilates JP in terms of fun factor and replayability.

JP > JM in terms of appeal and looks. The translite for JP may possibly be one of my personal top 5 of all time. Just all colorful, to the point, and HOLY CRAP a TREX!!!! And of course with toys, JP >>> JM. The TREX vs the glove = easy win for the rex. JP also wins in terms of soundbytes - the dinos rock the house. JM does have some good bytes and music, but the fact they're all impersonators = THE lose.

If I had to pick again which one first, JM for shots and fun. JP for "ooohhhhh...ahhhhhh!!!" and the TREX toy ALWAYS being a hit with people experiencing pinball for the first time or coming back from a decade plus hiatus.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I would say, in terms of gameplay, JM destroys JP. JM has so many shots going for it, whereas JP as 1 ramp and 1 "ooohhhh ahhhhh" toy being the TREX.

Just for the sake of discussion (and obviously IMHO)...

I think your short selling the number of shots on Jurassic Park. Just with the lower flippers from left to right...Bunker (Scoop), Visitor Center (Loop / Pop Bumpers), Control Room (Scoop), Mosquito (Captive Ball), Raptor (Kickback), Ramp, Power Shed (Scoop) and Boat Docks. Then with the third flipper you can add the Helicopter (Loop) and T-Rex. Plus, all of the different dinosaurs targets you have to collect to start multiball.

With Johnny Mnemonic there are the Left Loop, Left Ramp, Crazy Bobs, Middle, Spinner, Right Ramp and Right Loop. Plus, the two side targets. Probably more to your point though the shots do flow better on Johnny Mnemonic.

My ratings...

Jurassic Park

Johnny Mnemonic

#14 11 years ago

Moved to Buying and Selling Advice.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just for the sake of discussion (and obviously IMHO)...
I think your short selling the number of shots on Jurassic Park. Just with the lower flippers from left to right...Bunker (Scoop), Visitor Center (Loop / Pop Bumpers), Control Room (Scoop), Mosquito (Captive Ball), Raptor (Kickback), Ramp, Power Shed (Scoop) and Boat Docks. Then with the third flipper you can add the Helicopter (Loop) and T-Rex. Plus, all of the different dinosaurs targets you have to collect to start multiball.
With Johnny Mnemonic there are the Left Loop, Left Ramp, Crazy Bobs, Middle, Spinner, Right Ramp and Right Loop. Plus, the two side targets. Probably more to your point though the shots do flow better on Johnny Mnemonic.

Fair enough - this I do agree with. I guess, to me, the shots are way less obvious in JP than JM, due to of course, the fact that JM has 2 ramps and those ramps help bring into focus the orbitals and center shots.

Good call - JP has more shots than I gave credit for. As you did say too, JM >>> JP in terms of flow.

#16 11 years ago

I'm biased though, Jurassic Park is my all time favorite movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-trade-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.