Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by EvilJack
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvilJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So my speakers in the head worked when I set the machine up in the game room last Saturday, and on Sunday. I left the machine off from Sunday night until Thursday. Now my speakers are sounding full of static, almost like they are blown. Tonight I was playing around with the speaker/display frame. As I pulled the frame away from the head the static went away. I put it back in the head and the static returns. Then when I stick my hand behind the right hand speaker, didn't touch it just held it behind the speaker, the static went away.

Any idea whats causing this?

#2 10 years ago

Bump and edit for new info.

#4 10 years ago

I did look at all the solder joints and grounds but I will check again. Just seems odd that one day it was fine the next it wasn't. It definatly sound like its picking up interference from somewhere, just nothing was obvious.

#5 10 years ago

So after playing around with the speaker wires I found that if I moved them to just the right spot the static almost disappears. There is some static still but it's minimal and tolerable. I curious though, is this a problem with the wires? Have they gone bad? Or is this normal? If its normal is there something I can do to shield the wires?

#7 10 years ago

What's best way to test if its a break in the wire? I am guessing using a DMM? What setting?

#9 10 years ago

Ok so I tested all the wires. Everything checks out. I even did my best to move the wires away from any power source. No luck. The only time I can get the static to stop is when I pull the panel away from the head, or if I touch the wires with my fingers.

Any ideas? Grounding issues maybe?

#11 10 years ago

^^^ much appreciated.

I just tested the ground from the third prong on the plug to the ground strap that the speaker frame is hooked to. I got 1.2-1.5 ohms. Can anyone test there's and see if its similar. A friend of mine thinks Imay have a "floating" ground.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvilJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-speakers-blown?tu=EvilJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.