Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boogies
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Can you set throwing spikes to save after you lose a ball? Looked thru he manual but couldn't find it.

#2 9 years ago

No one?

#3 9 years ago

not that I know of.

#4 9 years ago

I don't think so. The Throwing Spikes awards you've achieved only stay active for the ball you achieve them with (as far as I know)

#5 9 years ago

I just stink at hitting that ramp i guess. Haven't hit spinner millions yet.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You will. And then you will drain your ball immediately.

THE CURSE OF SPINNER MILLIONS BE UPON YOU

#7 9 years ago

Are you saying that your throwing spikes awards dont carry over from one ball to another and you have to start fresh each ball? Mine doesnt do that and I've never changed the settings. Im on version 1.2

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

ramp or right loop. before you get to spinner millions you want bonus hold from the glove and start the riot to put you in the bumpers from the spinner to get the bonus x all the way up. spinner millions is awarded as bonus and it can be huge. Think I got well over 30 Billion when I had mine.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Are you saying that your throwing spikes awards dont carry over from one ball to another and you have to start fresh each ball? Mine doesnt do that and I've never changed the settings. Im on version 1.2

Yes. It resets after each ball.

What are other people jm doing?

#10 9 years ago

I think you are talking about two different things. The progression of Throwing Spikes awards holds across balls, but the awards themselves don't (Spinner Millions).

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I think you are talking about two different things. The progression of Throwing Spikes awards holds across balls, but the awards themselves don't (Spinner Millions).

Confused. You're kinda contradicting yourself.
During a given ball, the awards progress around the lights. After I drain, it starts back at the beginning (gigabytes) I believe. Is this normal?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

During a given ball, the awards progress around the lights. After I drain, it starts back at the beginning (gigabytes) I believe. Is this normal?

No, westofrome has got it right. The behavior you're describing is not normal in my experience. I've only played 3 JM's but all would carry spikes progress from ball to ball. If you light spinner millions and drain you lose the ability to score spinner millions, but the spike award remains lit. The next ball would have the 2 ball multiball as the next spike award. What roms are you running?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

That's not how mine works. What software version are you using?

#14 9 years ago

Apparently I'm an idiot.

Yes version 1.2.

Pulled glass and triggered by hand. It saves from ball to ball.

I must not be hitting like I thought. And it's timed.

#15 9 years ago

If you can get the backhand to the left ramp down the spike awards become a little easier to achieve. On most JM machines the left ramp backhand is usually possible if not fairly easy from a cradle. Hit the left, feed the inlane switch, take the shot at the right loop or ramp. Those shots don't get easier, but triggering the spike switch becomes more probable once you get the backhand rhythm down. I suck at it, but that won't stop me from offering advice.

#16 9 years ago

Nice. Thanks.

#17 9 years ago

Finally hit that damn Spinner Millions. I basically doubled my last high score.

So after I lost my ball, the spinner millions was still lit on the throwing spikes, but not by the spinner. What's the trick to relighting it so it awards points? Do I have to proceed all the way through again?

Finding a new respect for this game

#18 9 years ago

Yeah, Throwing Spikes will keep progressing through the last award (Light Extra Ball). If you make it all the way through it resets at the beginning of the next ball, I think.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So after I lost my ball, the spinner millions was still lit on the throwing spikes, but not by the spinner. What's the trick to relighting it so it awards points? Do I have to proceed all the way through again?

The spinner millions will stay lit for current ball only. Once you drain, the spinner millions turns off.
You can relight it by completing the throwing spikes then draining current ball.
Once you drained the current ball you must start the 3-ball matrix multi-ball, then you can start relighting the throwing spikes.

So Yes, you must proceed all the way through, lose your ball, get a multi-ball then rinse n repeat

For reference, I actually achieved 3 different spinner millions in this 2 part vid:

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

You will. And then you will drain your ball immediately.
THE CURSE OF SPINNER MILLIONS BE UPON YOU

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.....

Later,
EV

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Finally hit that damn Spinner Millions. I basically doubled my last high score.

Now try combining it with Hold Bonus and max out your BonusX. "Doubled" will quickly be in your rear-view mirror.

#22 9 years ago

This game has so many different strategies involved..

Why do I have it listed for trade?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Now try combining it with Hold Bonus and max out your BonusX. "Doubled" will quickly be in your rear-view mirror.

How do you combine with Hold Bonus? Hit spinner millions, wracking up points, and then, with same ball, advance spikes to next spike (hold bonus)?

#24 9 years ago

Sure, or you could get Hold Bonus as an award in the Matrix.

#25 9 years ago

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's Yakuza Strike and not regular MB that lets you play through the Throwing Spikes again. I could be wrong though since the JM I used to crank out big scores on is no longer around so I haven't played the game in a while. You can actually double stack the hold bonuses by getting Hold Bonus from both the matrix and the fifth Throwing Spike award. They will stack, meaning that you can carry the first ball's bonus across three balls. I don't remember whether or not getting another Hold Bonus on the next ball will hold the first ball's bonus, but I don't think it will. Additionally, there is a bug in the game where your held bonus is actually awarded twice (first on the "Held Bonus" screen, then again on the "Total Bonus" screen) per ball. Combine all these things (4X bonus, double bonus hold, massive spinner millions) and it's not impossible to see scores well over 200 billion.

#26 9 years ago

You're probably right on that. I just knew it didnt relight without starting something else first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-settings-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.