ballinhand.jpg
20130513_232256.jpg
e-clips-of-death.jpg
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
image.jpg
JM_gearbox.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The switch is an EOS switch. It reduces the power to the magnet once the ball is in there.
When you don't have a working switch, the glove still works, it just remains at full power until the ball is dropped.
My switch isn't working, and my magnet never gets hot. The ball is only really in there for less than 10 seconds at a time anyway...

From my understanding, this is half correct. The switch does drop the power to the magnet once closed. But what i read in a few places (assuming you have the 2nd rev of the code i think) is that if the switch is not activated after a certain time (milliseconds) that the ball is shot up, then the CPU reduces the power anyway (as part of the code). I've had two JMs, one never had the switch, the other worked intermittently, so i removed it and have never had a problem since - unless the credit dot really annoys you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-johnny-mnemonic-hand-motor-noisy?tu=robm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.