ballinhand.jpg
20130513_232256.jpg
e-clips-of-death.jpg
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
image.jpg
JM_gearbox.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Just got the whole assemlbly ripped out... Time to begin work

You got this, no problem!

BTW...Good time to put LEDs in the matrix

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did. Not sure it wouldn't have been easier to just pull the whole assembly out like Fattrain did though.

It makes the job MUCH easier to pull the whole assembly. I tried both ways when I had JM years ago. Second time I pulled the assembly. Easier to work on when it is on a bench

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

Mine is working just fine at the moment. However, I am currently doing some work on the pin, and was curious of it was worth doing this now as preventative maintinace?

YES. Just to clean the old grease out of the gearbox and get new stuff in there that is not almost 20 years old is worth it.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Those things are truly, truly awful.
Is there a "correct" way to remove them? A tool or something? Every time I deal with them, I almost break something or cut myself.

Yes, there is a tool. I got mine at Home Depot for about 15 bucks. Cannot remember the name, but I am sure if you asked for an e-clip removal tool they will point you where you need to go. It works very well and on all e-clips unless they are VERY small.

#61 10 years ago

For the cheap folks out there: (Like me!)

If I remember right, ONE of the nuts (Y-nut I think) only has to be turned 180 degrees, and doesn't need to be re-purchased. Whatever nut it is that carries the majority of the weight on its threads.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

If I'm ripping this whole damn thing apart and cleaning it I'm gonna spend the extra $5-$10 and get new parts.... This something I only feel like doing once every 5 years than multiple times cuz another parts eats shit :-p
And that should mean a lot coming from me (I'm cheap as hell!)

Those nuts used to be hard to come by (like when I had my JM)

In a home environment, flipping the nut will be fine. The mech rides on the top side of the nut, while the other side bears little weight.

BTW....I think I may have an old guide I used when I worked on mine. Let me dig around a couple of old hard drives and see if I saved it. Very likely I erased it after I sold my JM, but it may be hidden somewhere

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The "Y" nut is the one used for the small rod that moves the glove forward and backward.
The "X" nut is the bigger one, used on the larger rod in the back that moves the glove left and right.

X nut then! Thank you. I haven't had my jm for years, but I had that glove out more times than I care to think about

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 22.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-johnny-mnemonic-hand-motor-noisy?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.