Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Leo13
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

JM was working fine and now the ball will not stay in the hands magnet. I've tested the opto at the popper, tested the magnet and tested the switch as described in the tech sheet and everything seems to test fine.

The popper will start to fire as if there is a ball in it sometimes but test fine. I also noticed that when the ball popper coil(could be the magnet) that the trough eject coil will do a soft wire as well.

Help.

#2 4 years ago

Definitely sounds like an opto issue somewhere. Put the game in the switch edges test mode and see if any opto's flicker. Same sort of issue happened to my JD and it turned out to be a popper opto (trans) starting to go bad. It would register every few minutes in the switch edge test on it's own. I switched it out and that fixed the issue.

#3 4 years ago

Check the wiring going to the hand for chafing. I had some strange intermittent issues because of that. Look very closely I missed it at first in mine.

#4 4 years ago

I have checked and rechecked the optos. I replaced the ones on the popper just to make sure but they test fine every time.

I'll check the wires for chafing.

#5 4 years ago

The ball can impact the hand pretty hard from the upkicker and shake the whole assembly. You might have some flaky connections or a wire sheared inside the insulation, try shaking the back assembly while in switch test and see if anything registers or stops registering. Testing it with the playfield in a few different positions is also a good idea.

#6 4 years ago

getting some flickering in the matrix from the popper and the trough board. They share a wire. Going to try to track down what is causing the issue. Joy.

#7 4 years ago

Replace the 7 opto switch board. I had the same issue (ball released from glove, coil under glove firing even without ball) and the board was the culprit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 37.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside