5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi folks,

well wouldn't you know it I was getting ready to sell my JM (which I have owned for 8 years) and I decided to rebuild the glover mechanism (cleaned it and replaced the X and Y nuts). I put everything back together and played it for a few weeks - and it was golden. Then last night I was in a game and I was moving the glove when it suddenly dropped the ball and it fell back into the VUK. I discovered that the VUK and several other coils had stopped working. Turned the game off and discovered that F103 blew. I replaced the fuse and all the other coils began working except the hand will no longer engage (move in any direction). The game also no longer detects the hand and assumes it is broken.

I discovered a magnet wire on the hand switch was worn and made contact with a piece of metal which probably caused a short which blew the fuse. Fixed the short but now I don't have any X or Y movement. I am assuming that I probably fried something. I am a novice when it comes to circuit boards: Now given there are 4 transistors that control the hand on the main driver board I would assume that not all 4 of them would have been damaged so could the issue be the with the Dual Relay Motor Driver Aassembly board? IF so how would I test for that.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2 5 years ago

ok, I know some of you folks are bored with your new Xmas toys by now and can help a fella out.

Any ideas how to get started on troubleshooting this issue? Thanks.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I do know the layout of the driver board pretty well by don't have much experience troubleshooting bliwn components. I had identified the four transistors. Just find it weird that all 4 would have blown at the same time. Wouldn't the fuse have protected them?

I guess I am going to have to remove the board and check them with a meter. Are there any other possible failure points (easier) components to check prior to removing the board? Oh well guess I am going to have to get dirty early in the new year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-glove-hand-issues?tu=pbfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.