JM_lit_flipper_buttonsl.jpg
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2473.jpg
IMG_2472.JPG
IMG_2471.jpg
IMG_2465.jpg
IMG_2464.jpg
IMG_2463.JPG
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Fast flowing... man-o-mighty the ball can move on these machines. I've had the HS2 for a few weeks... just got JM today. The cabs on these bad boys are in beautiful shape and the playfields are absolutely sick. Got really lucky.

IMG_2463.JPGIMG_2463.JPG IMG_2464.jpgIMG_2464.jpg IMG_2465.jpgIMG_2465.jpg

#2 10 years ago

a few more..

IMG_2471.jpgIMG_2471.jpg IMG_2472.JPGIMG_2472.JPG IMG_2473.jpgIMG_2473.jpg

#3 10 years ago

the four on the floor... which is all I can fit...have a T2 that I'm working on back in the workshop

IMG_2475.JPGIMG_2475.JPG

#4 10 years ago

These are some FAST machines!

Cabs look great too... That's about the most red I've ever seen in a JM cab..

Have fun!

#5 10 years ago

Got lucky with both of these machines... they had been in two different homes for about 15 years each. You're right... basically no fade evident... and the playing surfaces look brand new.

#6 10 years ago

Damn, nice man! Currently I own an Alvin G Football and a Whirlwind. On my list I have Johnny Mnemonic and HS2 right after I get my Judge dredd. These are really cool machines, and I'm sure you just upgraded your game room a ton with them!! The High Speed Toppers adds a sick game room atmosphere when it's turned on

#7 10 years ago

I see a Diamond Plate Getaway too. Very nice.

Lucky dog...

#8 10 years ago

My only real complaint about the HS2 is that the insert lighting is kind of dull if there is light on in the room. I'm not a huge fan of LEDs, but this might be one machine to do it on.

#9 10 years ago

Play in the evening with lights off THat's the best pin atmosphere for me anyways

#10 10 years ago

That's usually when I have time anyway.

#11 10 years ago

@tamoore: Are there any cool JM mods that you've come across (other than making the whole table a Matrix machine?? )

#12 10 years ago

Agree on the reds on both machines: they look fantastic. Getaway will look great with LED's even if you just do inserts... The CT kit for it is pretty much dead on how I would do it (Just did a friends last month with their insert and GI kits).

Very, very nice collection!

#13 10 years ago

Thanks...

I ordered a bunch of LEDs for my T2 inserts and they should be here soon. In that order I got LEDs for the HS2 stoplight (just because the light leaking through the yellow plastic sides doesn't look that great not to mention the stop light has a slight downward angle so it can be hard to see in a lit room. I'll have to pop a few into the HS2 inserts when they come and check 'em out. Come to think of it, my F-14 inserts could use a re-fresh (especially the blues!)

#14 10 years ago

Nice line-up -- I owned JM & F-14 previously, so I dig fast machines. My JM had the typical cab fade, but most of the playfields are in great shape because they were broken on location!

LEDs for JM are a must, and check pinballtoppers.com for the JM topper -- one of the best ever, IMO.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

@tamoore: Are there any cool JM mods that you've come across (other than making the whole table a Matrix machine?? )

I'm putting in some LED lit flipper buttons, and I put LED's in all the inserts. (Not doing the GI, since the game has 10 step fading GI, which wouldn't work with LED's.)

The game is so awesome, it doesn't need mods...

#16 10 years ago

Nice couple of pickups!

Those are among the nicest cabs I've seen on those two. Both are very susceptible to fading.

JM & HS2 are the fastest machines I own. Love'em both.

JM is getting a makeover right now so it's all torn apart. Can't wait to get it finished though and get back to Power Down!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Are there any cool JM mods that you've come across (other than making the whole table a Matrix machine?? )

No mods I'm aware of. But do you know the little tricks to speed up the whole "glove affair"?

You can drop the ball from the glove early by hitting the launch button.

You can launch the next ball into play right after you drop the ball by hitting both flippers.

You can also launch the ball early out of Crazy Bob's by hitting the flippers.

If you have not gotten to Power Down yet make it your primary goal.....coolest mode in all of pinball (IMHO).

#18 10 years ago

I've only had a chance to play the machine a handful of times. It is so damn silky smooth! WoW!!

I like the diverter in the back... channeling a loop, jet, or glove. I wish there was one shot that led to some kind of under the playfield hole. Always enjoy the disappearing ball. I think the machine is going to get some good love in our home.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice line-up -- I owned JM & F-14 previously, so I dig fast machines. My JM had the typical cab fade, but most of the playfields are in great shape because they were broken on location!
LEDs for JM are a must, and check pinballtoppers.com for the JM topper -- one of the best ever, IMO.

Ooo... I checked out that topper... VERY cool. They are sold out now... perhaps some day!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'll have to pop a few into the HS2 inserts

Try blue LED's in the white tact inserts, I have them in my HS2 and they are sweet. Gives it a 21 century look.

#21 10 years ago

I own both as well and they are great games for sure. JM is one of my favs! Super fast. Both games do look in good shape. Nice purchase.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I own both as well and they are great games for sure. JM is one of my favs! Super fast. Both games do look in good shape. Nice purchase.

Interesting that you have HS and HS2. Prefer one over the other?

#23 10 years ago

Yep getaway with a barcode on the left bottom outlane near left flipper = Diamond Plate although it does not say so.

Mine also has this and what a great game

#24 10 years ago

When I was younger I played the hell outta HS. When Getaway came out I was blown away. I played it every day after school. When I started collecting pins I had a oppurtunity to buy FT, JM, HS and HS2 all in a package deal from PA. I couldnt turn it down. I play more Getaway these days as my HS is torn apart right now. Its tought to say which I prefer more really? When I get my CPR playfield and new ramps and decals for HS it may be my choice of preference.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

When I was younger I played the hell outta HS. When Getaway came out I was blown away. I played it every day after school. When I started collecting pins I had a oppurtunity to buy FT, JM, HS and HS2 all in a package deal from PA. I couldnt turn it down. I play more Getaway these days as my HS is torn apart right now. Its tought to say which I prefer more really? When I get my CPR playfield and new ramps and decals for HS it may be my choice of preference.

They do look great side by side though.

#26 10 years ago

I love the secret mode in Getaway: 3 cars at Donut Heaven... up-down on the shifter... and BOOM!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I love the secret mode in Getaway: 3 cars at Donut Heaven... up-down on the shifter... and BOOM!

Secret mode????? What is this you speak of?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Secret mode????? What is this you speak of?

Secret Mania

Secret Mania is essentially a Frenzy mode that was thrown into the game, and it isn't integrated very well (IMHO). Any time you see the animation of your car in front of Donut Heaven and there are three police cars parked there (the number seems to have some pattern, and it also seems to be random - go figure), shift Up and Down a couple of times quickly. This will give you 20 seconds of Secret Mania, during which all targets are worth 500K, as in Redline Mania.

In Tournament Mode, there are always three cars at Donut Heaven.

There are several problems with Secret Mania. First of all, the lighting scheme is extremely tricky for twenty seconds - all lights flash in alternating pairs. You may find it difficult to even survive Secret Mania. Second, it's not especially point rich. The most I've heard of is about 21M, and that's still less than a simple Video Mode, and Video Modes have no risk associated with them at all.

Worst of all, the game becomes confused about the state of the locks for Multiball after Secret Mania, especially in a multiplayer game. Typically, the machine completely resets the Stoplights to flashing green, although it remembers where you were on locks. It's not uncommon to see the game saying "RUN THE RED LIGHT" while the green Stoplights are flashing. Run the green light, I'd say.

The advantages of Secret Mania are that you can light an Extra Ball by completing the stoplights, and you essentially get another lock lit for free... sometimes.

It's possible to get the game into a state where Locks are lit but the Back Ramp won't come down to accept the balls. This is frustrating, to say the least. Another glitch is that after one player has a Multiball, other players may find that balls they lock, although counted, are always fed to them out of the Hideout, whether that is appropriate or not. This can be a bit startling if you've turned away to sign autographs or whatever

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My only real complaint about the HS2 is that the insert lighting is kind of dull if there is light on in the room. I'm not a huge fan of LEDs, but this might be one machine to do it on.

I LED'd my HSII and love it. Great pickup 27dnast. Have you gotten the super jackpot on HSII yet. That's the best sound! LED it and hook up an external sub and you'll be in heaven...donut heaven!

Mike

#30 10 years ago

I like secret mania. 2 nights ago I racked 70-something mil. The goal is to get the ball into the pop bumpers and keep it in there. 1/2 mil every pop...adds up quickly! I've never had any of the glitches that are being talked about either. Even in a multi-player game. Pretty sure I'm running L5 on mine. One of my favorite games for sure!

Mike

#31 10 years ago

I am going to try this at home tonight. Where is the best place to buy an external sub?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I like secret mania. 2 nights ago I racked 70-something mil. The goal is to get the ball into the pop bumpers and keep it in there. 1/2 mil every pop...adds up quickly! I've never had any of the glitches that are being talked about either. Even in a multi-player game. Pretty sure I'm running L5 on mine. One of my favorite games for sure!
Mike

I like secret mania too!

#33 10 years ago

I too have both and they're not going anywhere soon. Like them both a lot. I used CT's LED kit for HSII but didn't like the look of their GI lights at all and put them all back to incandescents. I do like their insert and back box lighting. Really brightened up the game. JM has about 50% of the inserts LED'd. Good luck and enjoy !

#34 10 years ago

Nice pickups you got right there! Quite fast like you've said. Get a POTC or ToM if you ever want some serious change of pace as well

#35 10 years ago

Awesome line-up!!!!! I love the staggered look so much as you get to see the head decals.

#36 10 years ago

It works pretty well... born of necessity... if I don't do it, I can't open the outer door!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Nice pickups you got right there! Quite fast like you've said. Get a POTC or ToM if you ever want some serious change of pace as well

I'm sure I'd love ToM... I'd like a Funhouse, for sure!

#38 10 years ago

All Getaways are DP.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I am going to try this at home tonight. Where is the best place to buy an external sub?

This is the one I use on all my pins. Wait for it to go on sale. Usually $79 when it's on sale. Great deal!
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_2

Mike

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

All Getaways are DP.

I didn't know that. That's a good bit of info to have. Thanks.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

All Getaways are DP.

DP?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

This is the one I use on all my pins. Wait for it to go on sale. Usually $79 when it's on sale. Great deal!
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_2
Mike

How do you hook it up? Im buying one!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

All Getaways are DP.

First run playfields were not DP... at least if you believe the information on the pin side detail page. I've never seen any evidence to the contrary.

#45 10 years ago

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

All Getaways are DP.

Not true. Many of the early ones were not diamond plated.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

How do you hook it up? Im buying one!

Make a wire with 2 rubber covered alligator clips on one end and an RCA connector on the other end. Feed the wire through the bottom of the pin cab, connect alligator clips to the speaker terminals and plug the other end into the line-in on the sub. Adjust sub for best sound. Enjoy...

Mike

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Make a wire with 2 rubber covered alligator clips on one end and an RCA connector on the other end. Feed the wire through the bottom of the pin cab, connect alligator clips to the speaker terminals and plug the other end into the line-in on the sub. Adjust sub for best sound. Enjoy...
Mike

Thanks. Im going to try it.

#49 10 years ago

I'm putting in some LED lit flipper buttons, and I put LED's in all the inserts. (Not doing the GI, since the game has 10 step fading GI, which wouldn't work with LED's.)
The game is so awesome, it doesn't need mods...

Here are the red/blue lit flipper buttons. I have about 20 bucks in them, I guess.

JM_lit_flipper_buttonsl.jpgJM_lit_flipper_buttonsl.jpg

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

First run playfields were not DP... at least if you believe the information on the pin side detail page. I've never seen any evidence to the contrary.

Quoted from Astropin:

Not true. Many of the early ones were not diamond plated.

You all are correct, first versions were not Diamond Plate. There were a few other differences as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-and-hs2-in-da-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.