(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#43 10 years ago

It wasn't much of a press release anyway.. The partner was largely anonymous. I hope at some point they will release something more substantive.

#101 10 years ago

There's a difference between asking legitimate questions, and jumping to conclusions and spreading unfounded rumors. Just because some information was removed from the web site does not mean the company has lost investors or is in financial trouble. That kind of speculation seems inappropriate and mean-spirited.

Perhaps Jack would be more willing to share more details on things if some in the community didn't try to spin everything he says into something bad?

The same thing goes for the "controversy" regarding transferable warranties. JJP has every right to not want to support or encourage unauthorized distributors of his products. This is something almost every other manufacturer does, but when JJP does it, somehow it's horribly wrong? And as usual, the people complaining the most about stuff like this aren't even customers.

We are all pinball enthusiasts. Even if you aren't a fan of the WOZ theme, it doesn't make sense to be so hateful towards a company that is only trying to give people more choices and products. Can we give this guy a break? He has managed to produce the most advanced pinball machine to date. This is no small feat. The process hasn't been perfect but they are delivering games, which is more than can be said for a half-dozen other companies who have taken pre-orders.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Stern has had to hear the same BS for years. people complain about license theme unfinished code and many more little things Jack needs to suck it up.

Apples and oranges. Stern has had 30+ years to get their act together and they still haven't. They still have orphaned games; they still crank out games with unfinished code and leave their customers hanging. As it stands now, WOZ's code is more complete than half the Stern games made in the last decade.

If history is taught us anything, it's that mass-producing a pinball machine is really hard. You have to have a lot of resources and it never seems to be delivered on deadline.

Nonetheless, JJP has managed to deliver games. They haven't delivered them all, but they've delivered most of them at this point. And the game is really well designed and the code is very solid and playable.

Haters are going to hate. But the fact is, most of the haters do not have any legitimate gripes. Which pretty-much indicates how threatened they are by JJP's new pinball platform. It really does kick Stern's ass technologically, so all they can do is gripe about superfluous things that Jack says.

And ironically, all the Stern fans, who defend them unconditionally, are doing themselves a disservice. If Stern ever really starts to innovate, it won't be because of you guys. It'll be because JJP has upped the bar, otherwise they'd still be cranking out substandard stuff to their built-in fanbase that continues to buy incomplete products.

You're welcome.

You guys like Steve Ritchie games?

You're welcome. Thank Jack! Gary would never have re-hired Steve if Jack didn't start assembling his own dream team.

#264 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I will give you two rock solid reasons why it's people's F'n business.

1. People have paid for games and haven't received them yet.
    2. People own games and are concerned that if the worse scenario plays out, t

I'm just curious... are YOU one of these "people" you speak of?

Are you a JJP customer? Or are you another one of the rabble-rousers? And do us customers need people like you? Do you hear JJP customers asking random anonymous people online to stand up for them?

Jack and the JJP people are available to answer any customers' concerns or questions. If I have concerns, I can pick up the phone and call Jack. I really do appreciate your "concern" but I would suggest you relax. Everything is cool. Nobody that has anything on the line is really worried that JJP is going to go "poof".

#267 10 years ago

Sorry, I just grow weary of the same arguments going over and over again.

It sucks those people that gave up on the pre-order and got out. Sorry to hear that. I think the game is amazing. I think people don't seem to understand what an incredibly complex logistical process it is to produce a game of that stature and if they did, they'd be more appreciative of what JJP has managed to accomplish in this timeframe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through?tu=pinballhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.