(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Have you ever played a widebody? They don't feel the same. It's purely personal preference, there's nothing "wrong" with them per se, but they tend to feel more floaty and slow. The design of the game is of course the biggest factor, but I'm glad JJP isn't stuck on doing widebodies only.
    More ≠ better.

More worked for WOZ, TZ and Indiana Jones. All depends on the toys put into the game and how well the code is developed for them. Less for $7.5k also isn't better either...I don't want to pay $7.5k for a game with 2 or 3 ramps and no interactive toys.

Personally I love wide bodies and the number of toys and features that can go into the game. There are some amazing standard bodies out there too, including Pats games, so I'm sure JJP #3 will be great.

#51 5 years ago

With #3 not being a widebody I wonder if it will be priced lower to directly compete with The Stern pro and premium line?

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

my guess is that after hobbit all new games jjp produces will be standard.enjoy your widebodies while you can...last call imo.

Pats design just may be for a standard body and not ideal for a widebody. I think, and hope, JJP will continue to make widebodys and make standard body machines here and there. Who knows maybe one day 2 standard body games will be built per year and 1 widebody high end model every year or two.

#142 5 years ago

It may be better to say that WOZ code is far deeper than all Stern games expect for maybe LOTR and TSPP which code was done by Keith Johnson I sold a LOTR to get my WOZ and after 2.0 WOZ may very we be deeper in part because there's much more to do across the entire playfield.

Sure code for some Stern games are complete but nearly all don't have nearly as deep of a ruleset WOZ.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I am not so sure. It depends on how you define depth. If you define it by the amount of stuff to do, I would argue that spiderman, ripleys, and xmen the latest code is just as deep as current woz code.

I think the objective based multiballs and the way Keith codes them is what makes games like LOTR and WOZ some of the deepest games out there. While I like the multiball modes in my ACDC they just don't seem as fun when you are only hitting shots for points rather than to progress through the multiple objectives of a multiball mode in a Keith game.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

In all seriousness (because I do agree with that statement) the problem isn't the people who haven't sent him money yet. The problem is the people who already have. I think they deserve some answers. If Jack wants to do it on his private JJP forum and people want to come here and say "it's none of your effing business what Jack actually said, but I'm satisfied as someone with skin the in the game" then that's good enough for me. But I have friends who waited for years for their games, some who bailed after too many broken promises, and it personally bothers me because of that.

Did they get their money back when they backed out? Yes. Also what were the broken promises? Shipping dates...It sucks the game was delayed so many times but in the end JJP built a widebody game with tons of toys and features not seen in other games or the likes of it since Bally / Williams made pins. The people that did stick the wait out are getting their games with the first LE's going out around May of last year.

It's not how you start but how you finish...and Jack and the staff at JJP finished with one heck of a machine for their first pin.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Apparently LOTR, TSPP, XM, and Metallica don't exist?
    At any rate... I admire your enthusiasm. That said, I have to wonder... Would you be defending JJP and WOZ so passionately if you were still waiting to get your pin?
    Oh, and the fact that it is a wide body really doesn't matter when comparing it to other pins. People don't make a big point of the fact that IJ, STTNG, and TZ are wide body games when extolling their virtues. They just talk about the game itself. It is okay to do the same with WOZ.

Those games have a lot of toys and features (and are a lot of fun) but WOZ just has more compared to any of them. I brought up the widebody factor as JJP took advantage of the extra space. IJ, STTNG and TZ took advantage of the extra space as well and none of those could of fit in a standard cab with the same toys and features intact.

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from FreeplayGames:

You spend too much time at the luakini. This is about pinball and one man's ambition to make games using everyone else's money. There is nothing wrong with that, unless the maker does not have the financial means of following through. I think he's too much cowboy and not enough horse.

Many people have received their games including myself. Jack and JJP did an awesome job with WOZ and made a fully loaded widebody pin with tons of toys, features, LCD and offered complete code...all for their first game. That sounds like being a cowboy (taking the risks to make a complex pin in these times) that also got the job done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    £ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 135.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 269.99
    $ 300.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 19.99
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside