(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#12 10 years ago

I was getting ready to say "here we go again", people starting things they have zero clue about, glad Jack nipped that one in the bud.......

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Yep, then another game and another and another......

I'm loving the sound of that!

I was playing and loving my Roadshow last night and thinking about how incredible that layout is and what Pat Lawlor is going to be able to do with JJP and a widebody on that platform. It's exciting!

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Pat's game is NOT a wide body.....

Well that's breaking news, can't wait to see what Pat L. has in store for us, he has to be feeling like a kid in a candy store right now…...

#109 10 years ago

Why is it the people that don't own a Woz, don't want one always bitch and complain the most?

If you are worried about Hobbit ever being built then wait until it's done or not. Enough said.

There isn't a shred of new info on here. Just another thread to pile on Jack and JJP. It's one thing to discuss issues it's another to pump out the same line of BS over and over again. Grow the F up

I, like many of you have lived through 3 yrs of this, much of the negatives are Jack's own making. Live and learn, you guys want to call him and/or imply he's a pos over and over? Knock yourself out if it makes you feel better. Nobody cares.

Vote with your wallets. You same guys will be lining up to buy the next pin, Stern or JJP, that won't ever change!

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Ughh. I guess that means more delays for the ECLE orders.

Is that part of the 1000 Le's or after. They should "wait" until after 1k are out

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Stern has had to hear the same BS for years. people complain about license theme unfinished code and many more little things Jack needs to suck it up. As for did he need the money Stern took money in the crash of 2007 Jack took money when pinball is bigger then it has been in years so it is fare to say yes he needed the money. Jack also has yet to sell a game with out prepayment that says something as well.

Not sure why I'm even replying to this but hey, Stern gets a big deposit from overseas distros, per Stern himself, when asked to explain why he picks the themes he does and the fan layouts with 2 ramps and a spinner.

So it's all "fare". Maybe we can get the silent treatment from Jack too. Like Gary does. Keep it up

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe he is referring to the 250 or so games that Wayno bought about 6 months ago.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wizard-of-oz-oz-the-land-downunder-aule

If it was 6 months ago then Wayno needs to wait.

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

A deposit from a distributor is far different then full payment from a collector

Uhhhh yeah, 300k up front from one customer is certainly far different, and its UP FRONT…...

#122 10 years ago

From Kapper 8 months ago, and still not a Jack fan

"I've read most of the WOZ threads over the past few years so I thought that I would share my experience with the game. First of all, I'm not a Jack fan.......at all. I ordered my game like many of you in June of 2011 before the first price increase. I was led to believe when I bought the game I would receive my game in line with the payment schedule, close to the "as production begins" final payment. That was around November of 2011. When June 2012 rolled around, I had enough. Jack was either full of crap regarding shipping dates and was afraid of the fallout or is a complete and utter idiot. I don't think Jack is an idiot so you can draw your own conclusion.

I continued to watch the process from a distance and truthfully was glad that I was out. As games recently started to ship I was invited to try a friends game for an evening. I thought the game was fantastic so I decided to find a game to buy. I didn't care for a second that I paid a premium. I'm not motivated by financial gain or loss from any of my pinball activities. Last week that game was delivered.

This game has found a home next to a ACDC LE and a High End AFM.

I am a pinball fan. Not a Stern fan, not a Williams fan, not a Jersey Jack fan. Just a pinball fan.

My point of writing my experience is to share my experience.

Either I'm the luckiest guy in the world who received a game with no problems out of the box or most of the crap people are posting about the game in a home use environment (as how mine is being used) is simply untrue.

Flippers - the flippers are great. The flippers can make every shot with ease. They feel strong.

Speed - slow is not the verb I would use to describe the speed of the game. It's fast and fun.

Fuses - none blown on my game

Over the past week, I've played at least 100 games. My game shipped with code 1.12 and yesterday I updated the software to 1.14. The updating process was very easy and it worked perfectly.

The game is very challenging. The code is great. Is it complete - nope? Is Jack eating crow saying he would never ship an unfinished game, yes. The code as it plays today is fantastic.

To the Pinside members who continue to give unfair remarks to the game, do everyone a favor. Go play the game. I think you will enjoy it. There is nothing to gain by giving untrue commentary about the game.

Again - not a Jack fan but the truth is what the truth is.

Good luck to those who continue to wait. I feel your pain.

I'm happy to answer any question anyone may have with complete honesty. Fire away."

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Haters are going to hate. But the fact is, most of the haters do not have any legitimate gripes. Which pretty-much indicates how threatened they are by JJP's new pinball platform. It really does kick Stern's ass technologically, so all they can do is gripe about superfluous things that Jack says.

It's really true, why threatened though? I love my Sterns, Ballys and new JJP…..

There must be some pre JJP stuff on top of the last 3 yrs. that has brought Jack such hatred. Doesn't really matter because Gary steps on his d*ck all the time and at the end of the day, you don't play Gary, Jack or Rick, you play the pinball machine, and what we know is that if its good, we are going to buy it….

#137 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Stern would also not have an MSRP of $8,500.00 if it weren't for Jack.
    Thanks Jack!

Really, I guess ignorance is bliss

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Ice if you show this kind of devotion to your financial clients I want in.

Come join me Rommy! You are already in the insurance business, let's add some legal, tax and financial But hey, I have hammered Jack too.

Yep, somebody said that's what Lloyd would say about Jack and farting in an elevator, pretty funny

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It may be better to say that WOZ code is far deeper than all Stern games expect for maybe LOTR and TSPP. I sold a LOTR to get my WOZ and after 2.0 WOZ may very we be deeper in part because there's much more to do across the entire playfield.
    Sure code for some Stern games are complete but nearly all don't have nearly as deep of a ruleset as WOZ.

Maybe Keith should weigh in since he did LOTR and TSPP, the two deepest coded pins. And I'd throw WPT in the mix, yes that was Keith too.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I am not so sure. It depends on how you define depth. If you define it by the amount of stuff to do, I would argue that spiderman, ripleys, and xmen the latest code is just as deep as current woz code.

I don't know about Xmen and Ripley's, since I don't have them, but SM, I love it, as deep, don't think so compared to those other three that we both have. Wpt is deeper than SM.

#167 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I seem to recall Keith himself weighing in on this very topic recently and crowning WPT over those other two. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, you're the king of digging up old quotes ice, find it for us.

Good memory Aurich, yes he did, and he also said that Woz would be the deepest pin ruleset ever "by far", that was 2 years ago, how much has changed or yet to be done? That's why I have WPT on 8 ball!

Keith will stamp his mark on this one as one of the best/deepest ruleset ever. After all, he and Ted are coding this one, not Jack.

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Some on pinside act as if Jack needs to reveal every internal detail of his company to you...this is a PRIVATE COMPANY!!!! You don't own stock in JJP just because you ordered a game. So stop acting like little children and worry about something more important in life. This is getting real old.

I just wish Jack wouldn't waste his time on here, but again, he's the boss and can do what he likes. If you don't want one of his games, just get your money back and stop bitching. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!

It's like some of you just want to bitch because it gives you a purpose in life. Seriously, stop and move on with your life.

A moment of lucid thinking Kaneda!

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

If one doesn't want his finances to be public concern, then one shouldn't put out admittedly "ambiguous" press releases about his finances. Nevermind what should be expected when pulling the press release down. Square those feet in the sights some more.

Buy or don't buy, doesn't matter…….

#177 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That is not the point at all. And you know it. I don't care one way or the other anymore, but the self destruction is phenomenally interesting to watch.

You wanted to buy a Woz prior, or trade for one, and I don't blame you, and I guess the "phenomenally interesting" thing to watch is a car wreck on the side of the road? "Self destruction" is not what I see despite some utter stupidity, after all, Keith, Ted and now Lawlor are actually making these pins.

#179 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's not how you start but how you finish...and Jack and the staff at JJP finished with one heck of a machine for their first pin. Life's too short to bothered over something such as this.

No truer words have ever been spoken! "It's not how you start, but how you finish"……….period.

#257 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Questions and answers are checks and balances and should be able to be discussed for everyone's benefit.

No doubt, checks and balances are a good thing. There is also no doubt that some people have an agenda on here. And as long as everybody has their own theories and conspiracy issues about Jack and his financial condition I have to wonder about the "competition" and what tactics they might be using to stoke fires and promote BS.

At the end of the day, the only thing that will ever matter amongst all of this garbage is what kind of pin anybody produces. If its good, pinheads and others are going to buy it. At this point, I think only time and results are going to change the discourse for JJP. Some people will never believe anything Jack says at this point.

It seems like its always damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As far as Jack goes, honesty and transparency would go a long ways towards ending a lot of the BS noise.

For example, can we assume that all of the people that pre ordered their WOZ and are still waiting after 3 years, will get their pins BEFORE the 250 pins that are supposed to go to Australia? If this has already been made clear then I didn't see it, but there are several people on here and elsewhere that would like to know.

Secondly, I think all the delays, secrecy around them, misinformation, etc. has caused a ton of distrust that needs to be EARNED back. Do the right thing going forward, be up front and honest and set expectations properly.

Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to hear that your delivery will be "Dec timeframe", then "Jan timeframe", then "March", then "May", with no explanations of the truth.

"We are waiting on new cabinet inventory", "We are in the process of fixing the LED issues", etc, etc. and here is where we are at on a weekly basis. Is that too much to ask? Especially when you have preorders?

Maybe it is, you can't communicate when its only convenient to you, Stern, Jpop, Skitb need to listen up too. It seems with Rick and PPS at least that part hasn't blown up yet.

No nips is bad policy! Need to see the saucers that go with those babies….

I agree, let's keep it POSITIVE in discussing the pro and cons of what is going on, that can be done in a classy way.

#355 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

No Jameson...just Guinness...it's gonna be a looooong night!
    ...ok...and tequila too...

Yes sir, the bar is officially open for me! St. Patty's….

Sorry but pinball and titties go together, and so does consuming beer while playing. It lightens the mood when people get their panties in a wad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.