(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#165 10 years ago

If one doesn't want his finances to be public concern, then one shouldn't put out admittedly "ambiguous" press releases about his finances. Nevermind what should be expected when pulling the press release down. Square those feet in the sights some more.

#175 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Buy or don't buy, doesn't matter…….

That is not the point at all. And you know it. I don't care one way or the other anymore, but the self destruction is phenomenally interesting to watch.

#184 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You wanted to buy a Woz prior, or trade for one, and I don't blame you, and I guess the "phenomenally interesting" thing to watch is a car wreck on the side of the road? "Self destruction" is not what I see despite some utter stupidity, after all, Keith, Ted and now Lawlor are actually making these pins.

I am still interested in WOZ one day to a degree, but not until the current LED locking issues are thoroughly sniffed out and quashed. It isn't so much a car wreck that is interesting to rubberneck, it is the pouring of more and more gasoline onto the ground, hoping that no one flicks a cigarette out the window. The financials and warranty issues are the most recent public steps in dog shit that come to mind. I still don't get either one of them.

#200 10 years ago

Sit down, Kaneda. You have no reference point in this conversation, regardless of what you think you have seen in the past on other forums. You spend a solid week reading every single thread on the issue, listening to every podcast interview, reviewing every convention speech video, reading every article and promise and declaration since 2011, and maybe you have the right to even have an opinion on something other than spamming the board with _____ vs _____ threads or "Sell Me Your TRON LE!!!!!" threads.

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from lost8ball:

Gambit - I can see your opinion on Kaneda, but I'd like your opinion on Freeplaygames.
    He joined Pinside on 3/2/14. Posted about coming to TPF to buy a container load of pins. He's pretending to be American, but is most likely Australian. And he seems to have a revenge factor against JJP.

I haven't noticed him or his posting history. But I remain adamant that anyone that was not present and attentive during the 3+ year history of this saga, and hasn't lived with the butterfly effect of each flap of the wings in this thing should not be standing on chairs addressing the room right now. In defense or in critique.

#268 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Sorry, I just grow weary of the same arguments going over and over again.
    It sucks those people that gave up on the pre-order and got out. Sorry to hear that. I think the game is amazing. I think people don't seem to understand what an incredibly complex logistical process it is to produce a game of that stature and if they did, they'd be more appreciative of what JJP has managed to accomplish in this timeframe.

True, true and true. But the reason people can't understand the process is the man out front talking the loudest, ignoring the realities of the process and making assurances and declarations that have proven to be laughably wrong and misguided. It is easy to make people understand the complexities of logistics when you are honest about the production timeframe from day one. With yourself and with your customers. It is easy to make people understand the complexities of programming when you are honest about the development schedule from day one. With yourself and your customers. Missing self-imposed production deadlines in a tremendously FAIL way, and selling yourself on completed code by machine shipping and then just not doing that at all.....makes it tough to just chalk it up to complexities in the process. No one was touring the country stirring up a frenzy and trashing other manufacturers with "process and complexities" talks.

#274 10 years ago

As I just said in the "is JJP good for pinball" thread, we all have interest and equity in this thing, if only for the ripple effects throughout the hobby. If it brings in new blood and $$$, we all benefit. If it makes one person turn from the hobby out of frustration, we all suffer. Same is true for Stern. And Dutch. And SkitB.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.