(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#216 10 years ago

When FreeplayGames uses words like "may" and "apparently" in his posts ... I'm pretty sure that means he knows he is not presenting facts and I certainly did not take them as facts. Good luck with any libel suit there.

I sold (traded actually) my own Hobbit pre-order because of lack of transparency. The fact that we're 14-15 months into Hobbit development (or at least when JJP started taking pre-orders) and we still have not seen a working white wood or even so much as a list of features that are specific to the LE only was just too frustrating for me. Heck, we don't even know if there will be a "regular" version of Hobbit.

Another reason I did get out of Hobbit (for now at least) is because I do have a hard time seeing how JJP is solvent at this point and not having financial difficulties. Maybe Jack does have a significant amount of his own money in the business now to keep it going, I have no idea. But it was a little worrisome. 3+ years of paying significant startup costs, salaries, overhead, etc. etc. (not to mention the unforseen costs of fixing the LED issues??) and it's hard to imagine how he couldn't have financial issues right now considering they're still working to get the first 1000 games delivered. I think anyone who has started their own business knows the significant challenges in getting to profitability and after 3 years now ... it's just hard for me to imagine how money is not an issue and concern right now. I don't envy Jack ... but I do admire his determination.

#222 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

If JJP was close to insolvency why would someone like Pat jump on board a sinking ship? This stuff is ridiculous.

Huh? That's your logic? Pat "jumped on board" so JJP must be in great financial shape? Okay.

I'm under the impression that Pat is contracted (not a permanent, direct employee of JJP.) Thus, Pat would deliver work when he gets paid.

I agree, Jack does not have to open his books to anyone (and it's silly 'Freeplaygames' to keep repeating your request/demand). If it bothers someone enough like it did me then they should just wait to buy a game when a distributor has the game in hand (that's what I'll do if anything.) I just know the basic stats on how many new startups go bankrupt before ever reaching profitability and given the significant challenges and delays I've witnessed ... well, it made me nervous.

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

The financials are fine, don't let one website occurrence start a war.

I agree that nobody here knows (except for Jack) but that's exactly why your statement above is as ridiculous as anyone else's. How do you know their financials are fine? You don't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through?tu=craz4pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.