(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 357 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 10 years ago

People are allowed to think whatever they wish, if you think what you do because you spend way too much time looking for black helicopters that's fine.. as is not reading a thing and assuming all is well. Either way, I don't care as it's up to the individual how much it bothers them.

What bothers me right now is that there are 'serious' fixes to these games and the fixes don't seem to be retroactive. If you have a 5v machine with the known issues you don't just get a repair pack to update the machine, you have to have a problem or beg for the fix. JJP standing behind their game has been a sore spot for me in an otherwise good experience.

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from FreeplayGames:

JJP may be insolvent.
    There were significant business issues prior to the news release - laying off staff, suppliers refusing to supply etc - and now the "investor" has apparently bailed. So JJP is back to where it was before the news release - having major production problems that appear to be related to inadequate capital backing and lack of funds.
    The fact that the code and LED problems were fixed 3 years after the game was first promised is a welcome but long overdue fix for problems that were the result of the game being rushed to market.

You might want to be careful. You are stating things as facts that might not be true unless you have more information than most outsiders have.

#203 10 years ago

No mater what happens there will be happy JJP fans. If they fold collectors will say there games are rare man. If they don't fold all games get delivered .

#204 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Sit down, Kaneda. .

Gambit - I can see your opinion on Kaneda, but I'd like your opinion on Freeplaygames.

He joined Pinside on 3/2/14. Posted about coming to TPF to buy a container load of pins. He's pretending to be American, but is most likely Australian. And he seems to have a revenge factor against JJP.

#205 10 years ago

Kaneda, you're missing the point, JJP may be insolvent.
    There were significant business issues prior to the news release - laying off staff, suppliers refusing to supply etc - and now the "investor" has apparently bailed. So JJP is back to where it was before the news release - having major production problems that appear to be related to inadequate capital backing and lack of funds.
    The fact that the code and LED problems were fixed 3 years after the game was first promised is a welcome but long overdue fix for problems that were the result of the game being rushed to market.
    Here's a specific question - Without the "investors" capital injection, where is JJP going to get the cash to buy parts and pay for labour to make the games for the Austrlaian distro who paid $500,000 six months ago - his money is long gone and his games are not yet made.
    Wasn't there also another $100,000 JJP are holding "on behalf" of other Austrlaian customers, What happened to that?
    What happens if the Asutrlaian distro asks for a $500,000 refund?
    In the 50th State it's illegal to trade while insolvent. I assume NJ is the same.

Ah n, you are making statements which are completely false. Stop making these uneducated, false and libelous statements.

#206 10 years ago
    Quoted from lost8ball:

Gambit - I can see your opinion on Kaneda, but I'd like your opinion on Freeplaygames.
    He joined Pinside on 3/2/14. Posted about coming to TPF to buy a container load of pins. He's pretending to be American, but is most likely Australian. And he seems to have a revenge factor against JJP.

You spend too much time at the luakini. This is about pinball and one man's ambition to make games using everyone else's money. There is nothing wrong with that, unless the maker does not have the financial means of following through. I think he's too much cowboy and not enough horse.

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Ah n, you are making statements which are completely false. Stop making these uneducated, false and libelous statements.

While you are on here Jack, where did your investor go?

#208 10 years ago

There is a big difference from asking specific questions as in the investor change on the page to flat out stating unfounded guesses.
    Safe to say none of us support that.

#209 10 years ago

FreePlayGames started account 3/2/2014 . Apparently to bash JJP. There are several new accounts on this thread that are obviously shill accounts so Pinsiders can slam JJP and not worry about their real identity being disclosed.

#210 10 years ago

You spend too much time at the luakini. This is about pinball and one man's ambition to make games using everyone else's money. There is nothing wrong with that, unless the maker does not have the financial means of following through. I think he's too much cowboy and not enough horse.

No, what pisses me off is that 'clever' people join pinside, pretend to be from Hawaii ("Mahalo, peeps"), try to mislead using American vernacular ("Them doggies are goin' west of Texas..."), build a fake cover story (buying a container load of pins from TPF), and then trash the heck out of a pinball manufacturer.

I don't care if you're against JJP, Stern, JPOP, or whoever. Don't come on here with your agenda and try to play us like we're idiots.

ps - If some jerkwad from Hawaii does buy a container load of pins from TPF, someone let me know. I'll donate $100 to pinside (I'm pretty sure I have a better chance of winning the lottery).

#211 10 years ago

Time will tell all................The real question in my opinion is not whether Jack runs out of money, but how much longer is he going to want to deal with us and this industry. Let's be honest, I think it is safe to say, things didn't turn out the way he thought it would. With remakes coming out, there will be pressure on demand and margins..........Not too mention direct competition from the same people that supplied you your parts.

#212 10 years ago

I think the next logical step for PL is a RS/FH hybrid game with three giant plastic heads. It'll be like the Shick/GIllette "add a razor" wars--let's see how many we can get on there. There's a challenge, widebody or no.

#213 10 years ago

Many people have received their games including myself. Jack and JJP did an awesome job with WOZ and made a fully loaded widebody pin with tons of toys, features, LCD and offered complete code...all for their first game. That sounds like being a cowboy (taking the risks to make a complex pin in these times) that also got the job done.

#214 10 years ago

JJP is at least trying. I will give him a thumbs up for that.

Ps, I love the game.(woz)

#215 10 years ago

Maybe we should start a new thread "Does FreeplayGames have AIDS?" That would be every bit as helpful and factual to the current situation as this thread.

Speculation that is couched in such a way to make someone look bad isn't helpful at all.

I think most of us want Jack to succeed. There are, however, exceptions... and those individuals can go ___________ themselves.

#216 10 years ago

When FreeplayGames uses words like "may" and "apparently" in his posts ... I'm pretty sure that means he knows he is not presenting facts and I certainly did not take them as facts. Good luck with any libel suit there.

I sold (traded actually) my own Hobbit pre-order because of lack of transparency. The fact that we're 14-15 months into Hobbit development (or at least when JJP started taking pre-orders) and we still have not seen a working white wood or even so much as a list of features that are specific to the LE only was just too frustrating for me. Heck, we don't even know if there will be a "regular" version of Hobbit.

Another reason I did get out of Hobbit (for now at least) is because I do have a hard time seeing how JJP is solvent at this point and not having financial difficulties. Maybe Jack does have a significant amount of his own money in the business now to keep it going, I have no idea. But it was a little worrisome. 3+ years of paying significant startup costs, salaries, overhead, etc. etc. (not to mention the unforseen costs of fixing the LED issues??) and it's hard to imagine how he couldn't have financial issues right now considering they're still working to get the first 1000 games delivered. I think anyone who has started their own business knows the significant challenges in getting to profitability and after 3 years now ... it's just hard for me to imagine how money is not an issue and concern right now. I don't envy Jack ... but I do admire his determination.

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I sold (traded actually) my own Hobbit pre-order because of lack of transparency. The fact that we're 14-15 months into Hobbit development (or at least when JJP started taking pre-orders) and we still have not seen a working white wood or even so much as a list of features that are specific to the LE only was just too frustrating for me. Heck, we don't even know if there will be a "regular" version of Hobbit.

Another reason I did get out of Hobbit (for now at least) is because I do have a hard time seeing how JJP is solvent at this point and not having financial difficulties. Maybe Jack does have a significant amount of his own money in the business now to keep it going, I have no idea. But it was a little worrisome. 3+ years of paying significant startup costs, salaries, overhead, etc. etc. (not to mention the unforseen costs of fixing the LED issues??) and it's hard to imagine how he couldn't have financial issues right now considering they're still working to get the first 1000 games delivered. I think anyone who has started their own business knows the significant challenges in getting to profitability and after 3 years now ... it's just hard for me to imagine how money is not an issue and concern right now. I don't envy Jack ... but I do admire his determination.

+1,000,000

#218 10 years ago
    Quoted from lost8ball:

No, what pisses me off is that 'clever' people join pinside, pretend to be from Hawaii ("Mahalo, peeps"), try to mislead using American vernacular ("Them doggies are goin' west of Texas..."), build a fake cover story (buying a container load of pins from TPF), and then trash the heck out of a pinball manufacturer.
    I don't care if you're against JJP, Stern, JPOP, or whoever. Don't come on here with your agenda and try to play us like we're idiots.
    ps - If some jerkwad from Hawaii does buy a container load of pins from TPF, someone let me know. I'll donate $100 to pinside (I'm pretty sure I have a better chance of winning the lottery).

untitled.pnguntitled.png

#219 10 years ago

Given that this thread has taken on a life of it's own and the WOZ ship date thread is still running. It makes one wonder how many bridges have been burned .

#220 10 years ago

If JJP was close to insolvency why would someone like Pat jump on board a sinking ship? This stuff is ridiculous.

#221 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Time will tell all................The real question in my opinion is not whether Jack runs out of money, but how much longer is he going to want to deal with us and this industry. Let's be honest, I think it is safe to say, things didn't turn out the way he thought it would. With remakes coming out, there will be pressure on demand and margins..........Not too mention direct competition from the same people that supplied you your parts.

My guess is that he wants to deal with us for a long time. Fortunately when I say "us" I mean all of us. The ones that love WOZ and the ones that hate WOZ, and everyone in between. At some point there will not be any pre-orders. It will be announcement followed by games.

And for all the people chipping at JJP and WOZ, where is the pinball company YOU built? Why am I not getting a chuckle at the lines your game says, or having a blast stacking modes on YOUR game that you built??? I'll help you answer that... Because you can't do it. That doesn't make Jack above anyone else, but at least for him, he built it. There is one sitting in my living room right now. And down the road, if he does another fun one, there will probably be another. And that will be long before any of you other guys put one out.

#222 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

If JJP was close to insolvency why would someone like Pat jump on board a sinking ship? This stuff is ridiculous.

Huh? That's your logic? Pat "jumped on board" so JJP must be in great financial shape? Okay.

I'm under the impression that Pat is contracted (not a permanent, direct employee of JJP.) Thus, Pat would deliver work when he gets paid.

I agree, Jack does not have to open his books to anyone (and it's silly 'Freeplaygames' to keep repeating your request/demand). If it bothers someone enough like it did me then they should just wait to buy a game when a distributor has the game in hand (that's what I'll do if anything.) I just know the basic stats on how many new startups go bankrupt before ever reaching profitability and given the significant challenges and delays I've witnessed ... well, it made me nervous.

#223 10 years ago

Freeplaygames no offense but....you joined 2 weeks ago on Pinside. Your only purpose seems to be to incite panic in JJP as a company. Jack has publicly stated all is well. Those who have their WOZ are happy, those waiting have options. You seem to be just adding fuel to the flames and it's really unnecessary. Pinball is a fun hobby and realistically very few people in the world have the financial means to enjoy it. The more companies we have producing games the more people can enjoy the hobby and the better the games can and will become. I have no horse in the race I can't afford stern or jjp games but I enjoy seeing the unique creations of each company and appreciate the hard work and dedication each puts into it's games. It is far harder than I think most people realize. If you don't like Javk or JJP so be it, act like an adult and keep it to yourself. Keep Pinside positive, focus on games and companies you do enjoy and appreciate the fun things in life a bit more. As far as I'm concerned good luck to all pinball companies and please keep making these great games for our enjoyment.
    -Tommy

#224 10 years ago

I thought the common pinside pastime was to incite panic and bitter rivalries...

#225 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

is that really how you talk to people on a public forum? the more you speak, the less likely I am to ever order another game from you.
    and is your time really best spent bickering and threatening lawsuits? until everyone has their games, i would say not.

Sadly, I have to agree with this statement. There have been plenty of posts in the past saying similar things, and how Jack would simply be better off not posting at all since he always seems to make things worse rather than better, but apparently he disagrees with those statements.

#226 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Sadly, I have to agree with this statement. There have been plenty of posts in the past saying similar things, and how Jack would simply be better off not posting at all since he always seems to make things worse rather than better, but apparently he disagrees with those statements.

I happen to disagree with every statement unless I agree with it.

#227 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Many people have received their games including myself. J

And many people haven't... Including a good friend of mine who I helped convince to buy in the first place and have on more than a couple occasions over the last three years helped convince to stay in despite his anger at all the missed promises. I know WoZ will be perfect for his large family of kids and grandkids who are mostly female. He doesn't follow the forums at all and I think he would have pulled out already if he knew that new money was trumping old money. To me that is a sign of something wrong financially more importantly it is a slap in the face to the people who paid up front to get this company up and running.

#228 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

I happen to disagree with every statement unless I agree with it.

I agree.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #230 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

where is the pinball company YOU built?

Not that it matters since all three of these companies are now out of the pinball biz and one simply no longer exists; Bally, I was in on the initial NYSE offering of BLY when AMEX BALY moved up to the big board. Also participated in the IPO of PARK which was a Bally subsidiary. My money helped build Bally's pinball business.

Then we have Seeburg Industries (SEEBA) which I bougght to help Williams build and grow their pinball biz. The company was renamed XCOR International and changed ticker to XCORA.

And then we have D. Gottlieb & Co. As soon as Columbia Pictures bought Gottlieb, I bought their stock, I forget that ticker symbol. Although I'd like to think that my investment helped build their pinball biz. as they needed help with the Solid State transition; all I can picture is the M*A*C*H*3 defective, returned games (sit down and upright cabinets) piled to the ceiling along one wall of the 165 West Lake Street plant. Coca Cola buying Columbia made things even worse.

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What can I do to get this stupid thread closed down?

Have her remove those hands and your troubles are gone.

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

That will probably do it. Where can I find the next thread about this topic when it gets posted again?

#233 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

well, it made me nervous.

Sounds like you made the right decision in getting out then, which everyone else has the option to do.

#234 10 years ago

Look, can we all just step away from this thread now? A bunch of people on the internet trying to figure the financials of a private company is inane, no? The financials are fine, don't let one website occurrence start a war.

And can we all stop acting like some of us are more qualified than others to chime in on stuff. Jeez. It's not like time on pinside makes one smarter / more informed. With the amount of mis-information and speculation on this site, I'd say those who spend too much time here (myself included) are more likely to think and act irrationally.

There's a big world of much more important stuff going on. If you actually engage with the real world, the wait for a pinball machine is a lot easier, trust me.

#235 10 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

There's a big world of much more important stuff going on.

...and I'd wish you'd get to it...

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

,,,and I'd wish you'd get to it...

I think we all have lost track of what sunlight feels like.

#237 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think/hope the honeymoon on remakes will be short lived and would be limited to a pretty short list of games. That is unless the price comes down under $5k. Hobbyists should IMO think strategically on where they want their money to go. Owning a NIB condition classic is pretty cool, but does little to keep the hobby going forward. Personally I don't want repro'd classics at the expense of losing development of new games. . And yes I'm currently in on an MMr. I think MMr, CC, MB, maybe one or two others can be absorbed. Beyond that will cause problems for 1 or all 3.

#238 10 years ago

Have you guys ever seen the ramp on Godzilla ? It's crazy , it is all just one huge ramp and its green .

#239 10 years ago

I possess a woz L.And. have not I ever had problems, does JJP continue to adjourn-improve software, is he planning new pinball, has "assumed" Pat Lower, thing we want more?'? let's play to flipper and allow to work JJP!!!! who doesn't believe in him enough that doesn't buy his/her games, but finish defaming the people!!!!

JJP continues so and not to become angry!!! the people are jealous!!!!

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

The financials are fine, don't let one website occurrence start a war.

I agree that nobody here knows (except for Jack) but that's exactly why your statement above is as ridiculous as anyone else's. How do you know their financials are fine? You don't.

#241 10 years ago
    Quoted from devlman:

I think the next logical step for PL is a RS/FH hybrid game with three giant plastic heads. It'll be like the Shick/GIllette "add a razor" wars--let's see how many we can get on there. There's a challenge, widebody or no.

I think you're onto something here. A fully animitronic 3 Stooges pinball with Larry, Curly and Moe's heads on the playfield. Solenoid-mounted fingers to poke in eyes

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Have her remove those hands and your troubles are gone.

What, and have an earthquake start? Are you kidding?

#243 10 years ago

bth_stooges.jpgbth_stooges.jpgbth_stooges.jpgbth_stooges.jpg

#244 10 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I think you're onto something here. A fully animitronic 3 Stooges pinball with Larry, Curly and Moe's heads on the playfield. Solenoid-mounted fingers to poke in eyes

OK, where do I send my money?

#245 10 years ago

boobs n stooges, nice combo. i haven't read everything to give me an answer, maybe someone can fill me in.

does jjp still have investors onboard?

#246 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

just because you don't want to read it anymore, doesn't mean you should try to close it down. Just don't click on it again.

Jack has yet to directly answer the question. Is it our business ... probably not, but then he shouldn't have given that ambiguous answer to begin with.

#247 10 years ago

Its not all about inciting a riot but also about being cautious. Look, ideally all is well and this is a joke of a thread. But timing of deliveries has created fair room for some questions as well as the official responses. Fair dialogue makes sense.
    Lets take the worst case. If there was trouble like the company that folded leaving every WOZ owner in Australia holding the bag. Imagine how every guy on the Aussie forum felt that said all is well until the end. That's not Jacks issue but is an example of a long time Co. going under on folks.
    If that scenario happened I would love to see what every guy who wrote " shut up" had to say.
    At the same time crazy false scenarios are not fair either.
    Questions and answers are checks and balances and should be able to be discussed for everyone's benefit.

#248 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

just because you don't want to read it anymore, doesn't mean you should try to close it down. Just don't click on it again.
    Jack has yet to directly answer the question. Is it our business ... probably not, but then he shouldn't have given that ambiguous answer to begin with.

maybe ted could be a mod some day? sure would be a great place..every thread loaded with gifs with zero substance and no spirited dialogue

jjp publicly announced investors were coming on board a while ago. now there are doubts, why not publicly address this?

#249 10 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

maybe ted could be a mod some day?

Yes, I'd do a LOT of pruning. (Don't laugh...it may happen)
    ...and insulting clowns like you would be the first to go...
    ..ya see, there are plenty of us on here that don't like arguing about the same crap day after day...

#250 10 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

maybe ted could be a mod some day? sure would be a great place..every thread loaded with gifs with zero substance and no spirited dialogue

As long as he posts stuff similar to "Miss Basketballs" like he did at 16:20 GMT on March 16, 2014, he gets my vote for moderator.

Alas, he has to be on Double Secret Probation for one year and not be allowed to close threads during that time.

There are 357 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.