(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 357 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 5 years ago

With #3 not being a widebody I wonder if it will be priced lower to directly compete with The Stern pro and premium line?

#52 5 years ago

I agree. I like the added features, the larger more interesting play fields in the wide bodies. There are tons of standard pins being produced. I like having the option of buying a new widebody. I would be an owner of a new one but I just can't stand the Wizard of Oz theme. I had nightmares for years when I was a kid about being snatched by those flying monkeys. I may pick up a Hobbit if I can get one HUO since I am not on any preorder list.

#53 5 years ago

Generally I don't like widebodies. Still liking my WOZ though. IJ and TZ - depends on the individual game. When tuned in right and tight I enjoy em. I don't think much of the others. But I don't think much of LOTR either. Point is its all personal preference. Could make a crude comparison of Pins to Women and what guys like to play vs add to their home collection but I'll bite my tongue. Variety makes the world go round.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Why are people against a widebody? Isn't it better? More bang for your buck. Just curious.

All of my fave games are NOT widebodys. Indy, TZ, STTNG, WOZ, etc are fun, but there are MANY more standard size games that I prefer more.

#55 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. How many LE's are they making? Will they also be making a standard version?

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

All of my fave games are NOT widebodys. Indy, TZ, STTNG, WOZ, etc are fun, but there are MANY more standard size games that I prefer more.

So which skinny ones are your favorites? I like LOTR a lot. I just got one 6 weeks ago. It is a great game packed with features.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With #3 not being a widebody I wonder if it will be priced lower to directly compete with The Stern pro and premium line?

Doubtful.

#58 5 years ago

my guess is that after hobbit all new games jjp produces will be standard.enjoy your widebodies while you can...last call imo.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

my guess is that after hobbit all new games jjp produces will be standard.enjoy your widebodies while you can...last call imo.

Pats design just may be for a standard body and not ideal for a widebody. I think, and hope, JJP will continue to make widebodys and make standard body machines here and there. Who knows maybe one day 2 standard body games will be built per year and 1 widebody high end model every year or two.

#60 5 years ago

Disappointed at the news of no wide body. Of course, he didn't say it will be "standard" width? Is there another alternative?

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I sure hope so, because these prices are getting out of control, and instead of competition lowering them, it's more like every raise gives the other manufacturers the impetus to keep pace. I get that JJP wants to provide a 'premium' experience, but there's a point where paying $9k plus for a pinball just gets ridiculous. It's still a toy no matter how nice.

That said, people always overprice what these playfield toys cost. They're not thousands of dollars. Leaving off a few isn't gonna slash the BOM. The prices are what they are.

This isn't a shot at Jack (because the Jack police are on my trail!) but I really don't think Stern would have priced their new LEs so high without seeing people pay for WOZ.

As much as I don't really like the Pro/Prem model, it's sure handy now that prices are raising so fast.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Disappointed at the news of no wide body. Of course, he didn't say it will be "standard" width? Is there another alternative?

He's hinting at a triangle-shaped playfield.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I sure hope so, because these prices are getting out of control, and instead of competition lowering them, it's more like every raise gives the other manufacturers the impetus to keep pace. I get that JJP wants to provide a 'premium' experience, but there's a point where paying $9k plus for a pinball just gets ridiculous. It's still a toy no matter how nice.
    That said, people always overprice what these playfield toys cost. They're not thousands of dollars. Leaving off a few isn't gonna slash the BOM. The prices are what they are.
    This isn't a shot at Jack (because the Jack police are on my trail!) but I really don't think Stern would have priced their new LEs so high without seeing people pay for WOZ.
    As much as I don't really like the Pro/Prem model, it's sure handy now that prices are raising so fast.

thanks once again for your musings. the only reason prices are rising is because the market is allowing this. your opinion/ logic/ common sense is irrelevant in the reality of what is being supported by customers.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

He's hinting at a triangle-shaped playfield.

More proof of the illuminati in pinball. Dammit.

#66 5 years ago

The high pin prices are a result of Baby Boomers doing financially well in the past thus having lots of disposable income as well as tons of time on their hands. They are buying the toys that they could not afford nor had the time for a few decades ago. I don't want to get into this again as we have beat this dead horse enough. I think that sums it up.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

thanks once again for your musings. the only reason prices are rising is because the market is allowing this. your opinion/ logic/ common sense is irrelevant in the reality of what is being supported by customers.

Yeah for now. We will see if people will continue dishing out 8-9k for every new release. I'm a bit skeptical that will happen but guess we will just have to see.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

your opinion/ logic/ common sense is irrelevant in the reality of what is being supported by customers.

Heh, true. At some point though you're going to see a behavior switch, these prices aren't healthy. Pinball is doing pretty well right now, but if NIB prices pass a magic threshold, whatever that might be, market contraction seems inevitable.

These manufacturers aren't dumb, they know this. Just like Stern saw the writing on the wall with the code issues. Can I say for sure all the whining had a direct result on their business, vs them doing it on their own? No, I don't have the inside knowledge to support that. I do know for a fact they're aware of it, and as the chorus rose they hired new people and old games suddenly got the needed code support. Hard to not think it's a factor.

And Stern isn't done, there are updates for out of productions games still being talked about. That seems like a direct response to me, they see their market pool unhappy.

#69 5 years ago

Every bubble pops. Prices can't keep rising.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Today's "widebodies" at only 25" wide are skimpy compared to the real 29" widebody games like Genie, Scorpion, Embryon, Paragon....

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

So which skinny ones are your favorites? I like LOTR a lot. I just got one 6 weeks ago. It is a great game packed with features.

BSD, TAF, Fishtales, Tron, AC\DC, Congo, Stargazer, just to name a few...

#72 5 years ago

This list has more good skinny ones:

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#73 5 years ago

Yup. Those are some good pins. I have not played all of them but I hear they are great.
    Tx.

#74 5 years ago

If JJP can survive the costs of building these 1000 WOZ ECLE games for all the prepaid buyers he is all set to go for the future. By finishing these 1000 games he has in effect paid off a loan of over $6.5 million, but surely has encountered some need for loan money to get him through this stretch. Its all profit after that from Hobbit and forward. Sure he has some deposit money for Hobbits, but no prepayments of $6500 per game. And his software is completed and the assembly line in constant operation.
    The man did not get this far in life and business by being a fool.

#75 5 years ago

They need to bring their prices down; way too high

#76 5 years ago

Safecracker 2?!

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, true. At some point though you're going to see a behavior switch, these prices aren't healthy. Pinball is doing pretty well right now, but if NIB prices pass a magic threshold, whatever that might be, market contraction seems inevitable.

Look at any thread on here on any wind of a new pin. People instantly start asking "is there going to be an LE version?" I always read that as "I want to feel superior and exclusive with my pin, and am willing to pay more than the regular price. Will this be possible?"

Aaaand we have pinflation.

#81 5 years ago

The question is - has JJP lost it's investor.

Note Jack has not said categorically that they still have the partner, he has just deflected queries onto the issue of games output. Quality control is questionable on some games, and many people are STILL waiting for their order. Apparently the replacement Australia distro is among them.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from FreeplayGames:

The question is - has JJP lost it's investor.
    Note Jack has not said categorically that they still have the partner, he has just deflected queries onto the issue of games output. Quality control is questionable on some games, and many people are STILL waiting for their order. Apparently the replacement Australia distro is among them.

We are building games for him next month and he is fine to wait for them.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

We are building games for him next month and he is fine to wait for them.

Not trying to encourage troll behavior here Jack, but I find your post humorous. Did you intentionally ignore 2/3 of the post you quoted and answer everything but the main thrust of his post? Either way I found you're reply funny and dripping with irony; purposely or not.

#84 5 years ago

Story goes he paid y'all half a million dollars 6 months ago. Shouldn't he a had better delivery? And Jack, thanks for being here to answer directly. You still didn't say nothing about if your investor is still on board - or if they have indeed invested some cash with y'all?

#85 5 years ago

Maybe he doesn't feel like discussing it here. If I were on his shoes, I wouldn't.

#86 5 years ago

Story goes he paid y'all half a million dollars 6 months ago. Shouldn't he a had better delivery? And Jack, thanks for being here to answer directly. You still didn't say nothing about if your investor is still on board - or if they have indeed invested some cash with y'all?

That's not the correct story y'all Johnny....

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Not trying to encourage troll behavior here Jack, but I find your post humorous. Did you intentionally ignore 2/3 of the post you quoted and answer everything but the main thrust of his post? Either way I found you're reply funny and dripping with irony; purposely or not.

There is nothing to respond to. The news release spoke for itself. Next....

#88 5 years ago

Sometimes I do understand the strategy of Stern not participating here or on other groups, regardless what you say it will be turned against you or put the other way round.

WOZ is an incredible game, giving the time to Jack continue his way would be quite helpfull

#89 5 years ago

What also spoke volumes:
    The anguish the Australia distro was reporting to some Pinsiders.
    The fall off in game build quality, implies you couldn't hire more trained/skilled people than you employed but let go earlier.
    Your total refusal to answer the question categorically, Jacko.

Jack I love your game.
    But your candour and apparent cash flow are lacking.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

There is nothing to respond to. The news release spoke for itself. Next....

Next... thats cute.

That wasn't his question but I digress. Thanks for sort of responding. Off to start stripping down my AFM before the kids get up. Either way I love my WOZ. Great achievement and a stunning machine.

#91 5 years ago

What also spoke volumes:
    The anguish the Australia distro was reporting to some Pinsiders.
    The fall off in game build quality, implies you couldn't hire more trained/skilled people than you employed but let go earlier.
    Your total refusal to answer the question categorically, Jacko.
    Jack I love your game.
    But your candour and apparent cash flow are lacking.

Watch your statements of facts as you cross the Libel line as you are wrong and have no first hand knowledge of anything related to JJP......

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

BSD, TAF, Fishtales, Tron, AC\DC, Congo, Stargazer, just to name a few...

JM

#93 5 years ago

Morning Jack! You are up early.

#94 5 years ago

C'mon guys. Enough of this crap already! We don't need any and every thread dealing with anything JJP related to turn into a pissing contest. It has gotten way past old. Plain and simple - CUT THE CRAP! Discussion is fine but the incessant defecating on threads is tiresome.

Jack, thanks for taking the time to get on here and answer some of the most ridiculous questions. Not many CEO's would do so, especially since many of the posts are inflammatory. Sadly, I think you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you decided to stop coming here and responding or providing info, I wouldn't be surprised. Although I hope you will continue sharing information as you can.

#95 5 years ago

I am a CEO. I can attest - I would NEVER do this. I have a lot more customers though and they are predisposed to hate me

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Half_Life:

Sadly, I think you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Agree 100% no matter what you post on Pinside you're going to get the haters and lovers.

I am always perplexed that people constantly want Jack, Gary, Rick etc. to divulge information about their business. I don't know of any CEO that shares all of their business, especially financials, decisions/deals with people especially when it's related to a new deal or that is something that is still in the works.

#97 5 years ago

JJ funded his business on customer money, customers are allowed to ask what he did with it. If JJP actually has an investor and has received some dough, well good news for the customers as their advance money is safe(r). But if not...

It was just a news release with little detail. All spin and no pith. We get talk of games going out, but questionable quality and some major orders unfilled.

JJ should now come clean, as he is asking people to pay for Hobbit when he might not be solvent. Isn't it always better to make a "well I tried but failed" exit than one tainted with shams and scams? How about it Jack, you tried hard.

I gotta repeat, Jack has not answered the question - does he have this boutiqe investor onboard still?

Or not?

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I am always perplexed that people constantly want Jack, Gary, Rick etc. to divulge information about their business. I don't know of any CEO that shares all of their business, especially financials, decisions/deals with people especially when it's related to a new deal or that is something that is still in the works.

Agreed 100%, that's not how you run a business. But when you're a startup, with the kind of struggles startups experience, and people invest their money with you on faith, I do think you owe them a certain amount of transparency in return.

I don't have my own money on the line here, I'm just a potential customer of post WOZ games, so I don't think I can really personally demand much. But for everyone still waiting for a game, or with a Hobbit pre-order, don't you think a simple yes/no about a public announcement is warranted?

Jack says "the news release spoke for itself." Okay. But the reason this thread was started is that news is no longer on JJP's site. Still isn't, I just looked.

No one actually cares about some bankers, as long as JJP is shipping games and pinball is happening everything is good. Sounds like whatever else may or may not be happening those games are about to rolling steady again, I look forward to seeing the "I got my WOZ" posts.

#99 5 years ago

No one actually cares about some bankers, as long as JJP is shipping games and pinball is happening everything is good. Sounds like whatever else may or may not be happening those games are about to rolling steady again, I look forward to seeing the "I got my WOZ" posts.

Exactly.....

#100 5 years ago

For all the crap people post on here about both Stern and JJP, I can't recall anyone from Stern coming on here and crying 'libel' based on what's being said in these pissing matches.

It's not going to stop the trolls from feeding, and it just makes folks seem overly thin-skinned.

More pinball = More pinball = More pinball. Isn't that a good thing? Buy what you like. Skip what you don't. Just play.

Have a good weekend, all!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 149.00
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.99
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 357 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside