(Topic ID: 83994)

JJP's investment opportunity fall through?

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 357 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-216.jpg
    windowlicker.jpg
    obi.jpg
    914079591.jpg
    sexy-batgirl-20511-1292211213-4.jpg
    catwoman_t089s_by_raffaelemarinetti-d5wi3qa.jpg
    supertroopers-874.jpg
    damon-affleck-batman-robin-meme.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-LA-Temptations.jpg
    4041364113_9ce7562b41_o.jpg
    2834630.jpg
    Lingerie-Football-League-058.jpg
    in-before-lock-1.jpg
    bth_stooges.jpg
    boob squeeze.gif
    untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 357 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 10 years ago

I was just on JJP's "In the News" page looking for a fresh post about the Hobbit. Still nothing since January 16th, but I noticed that the post before that one, about the investment group, has vanished.

Did this deal fall through?

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Did this deal fall through?

No, just the post....

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

No, just the post....

Why was it yanked then?

#5 10 years ago

It may not be as done a deal as it initially appeared.

I personally would advise anyone with pre-order money with JJP to call and ask for an official statement. You guys are practically investors, you deserve an answer, one way or another.

If they haven't pulled out then should be a simple thing to tell you.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It may not be as done a deal as it initially appeared.

Private equity is often that way; usually though once a press release is made it is pretty final in my experience. Not always though.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Private equity is often that way; usually though once a press release is made it is pretty final in my experience. Not always though.

I don't want to spread rumors or anything, I'm just saying, if you have money in the company you deserve to know what's up, and should probably ask. Hey, if it's all good, and it's already been publicly announced, shouldn't be any trouble for Jack or whoever to say "yup, it's a done deal". If they can't or won't tell you that then .

#8 10 years ago

As Jack will tell any of us, he's a phone call away. This is easily confirmed one way or the other.

#9 10 years ago

I've been traveling a great deal the past couple weeks; did they start building and shipping the LE's again?

#10 10 years ago

The Press Release was ambiguous.

It mentioned no names as we were asked to post it that way.

We said what we said. All is well, there's nothing to see here other than lots of games being built and shipped every week.

Go play some pinball.....

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've been traveling a great deal the past couple weeks; did they start building and shipping the LE's again?

Been doing that for weeks. 120 more LE cabinets arrived here the other day....

#12 10 years ago

I was getting ready to say "here we go again", people starting things they have zero clue about, glad Jack nipped that one in the bud.......

#13 10 years ago

Give JJ a break. I think he's proven he is Elon Musk and not John Delorean!

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

This is great news!

#15 10 years ago

They post pics on their fb page showing they are shipping games out. Not like they aren't showing they are pumping games out as fast as they can. WOZ is an amazing game by the way.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

The Press Release was ambiguous.
    It mentioned no names as we were asked to post it that way.
    We said what we said. All is well, there's nothing to see here other than lots of games being built and shipped every week.
    Go play some pinball.....

Good news!

Any Hobbit info coming out soon?

#17 10 years ago

As a boutique investment banking firm, JDA Partners specializes in advising entrepreneurs and their businesses on a broad range of transactions, including financing organic or acquisition-led growth, buyouts, recapitalizations, and mergers and acquisitions.

We have a successful track record representing early-stage growth companies with outstanding management, through established middle-market companies.

Our principals are dedicated to partnering with clients, and to working tirelessly on their behalf. This entreprenurial spirit is the foundation of our firm, and enables us to achieve the objectives of our clients

what will happen is anyone's quess

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

what will happen is anyone's quess

I know what's gonna happen!.......HOBBIT!

#19 10 years ago

Jack said that Hobbit's driver board will have to be fully populated!

Can't wait to see what Smaug ends up doing!

#20 10 years ago

You will all see soon.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

You will all see soon.

We all see now

Quoted from spfxted:I know what's gonna happen!.......HOBBIT!

Yep, then another game and another and another......

#22 10 years ago

Anyone taking hobbit pre orders? If so how much?

#23 10 years ago

Looking forward to the flipping Whitewood video........

#24 10 years ago

Jack, when will we see the full hobbit playfield? Is that after the 3rd movie premiere, or perhaps before?

Cant wait. Good luck!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Yep, then another game and another and another......

I'm loving the sound of that!

I was playing and loving my Roadshow last night and thinking about how incredible that layout is and what Pat Lawlor is going to be able to do with JJP and a widebody on that platform. It's exciting!

#26 10 years ago

I can't wait to see that game. I am sure it will be awesome. TZ is my fav so hopefully this one will be as prolific.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Jack, when will we see the full hobbit playfield? Is that after the 3rd movie premiere, or perhaps before?
    Cant wait. Good luck!

We were supposed to see the whole white board a "couple of weeks" after the Jan 16th posting of the lower portion of the playfield.

It's 2 months later.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Sweet!!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm loving the sound of that!
    I was playing and loving my roadshow last night and thinking about how incredible that layout is and what Pat Lawlor is going to be able to do with JJP and a widebody on that platform. It's exciting!

Pat's game is NOT a wide body.....

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Excellent.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Interesting... 1st standard width game from JJP. Can't wait for the big unveiling.

#32 10 years ago

Woz has turned into a truly incredible game, Looking forward to Hobbit.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

This is good news to me.

#34 10 years ago

maybe the game will be priced to compete with stern at the premium/pro area? stern has this segment of the market cornered. good news for pinball.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Ok, so maybe it could be "the Addams' Extended Family". Pubert, Cousin Cackle, Grandmama, Ophelia and Melancholia. Fingers crossed!

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Benepinballs:

Woz has turned into a truly incredible game, Looking forward to Hobbit.

Bene has class.

Looking forward to game #3.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I was getting ready to say "here we go again", people starting things they have zero clue about, glad Jack nipped that one in the bud.......

Exactly. Pointless thread.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

glad Jack nipped that one in the bud.......

Well, he did, but that still won't stop the wild speculation.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

Doublewide?

#39 10 years ago

Trailer Trash would be an interesting theme

#40 10 years ago
    #41 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Well that's breaking news, can't wait to see what Pat L. has in store for us, he has to be feeling like a kid in a candy store right now…...

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

I hear it's a engineering marvel tho

#43 10 years ago

It wasn't much of a press release anyway.. The partner was largely anonymous. I hope at some point they will release something more substantive.

#44 10 years ago

Not a widebody, and a Lawlor!! Okay now I'm excited!!

#45 10 years ago

Jack is the man!

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Not a widebody, and a Lawlor!! Okay now I'm excited!!

Why are people against a widebody? Isn't it better? More bang for your buck. Just curious.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Why are people against a widebody? Isn't it better? More bang for your buck. Just curious.

Have you ever played a widebody? They don't feel the same. It's purely personal preference, there's nothing "wrong" with them per se, but they tend to feel more floaty and slow. The design of the game is of course the biggest factor, but I'm glad JJP isn't stuck on doing widebodies only.

More ≠ better.

#48 10 years ago

So not a wide body but an engineering marvel....... Interest piqued. Will be nice to see PPS/Stern/JJP all competing at the same time. Looking forward to it

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Have you ever played a widebody? They don't feel the same. It's purely personal preference, there's nothing "wrong" with them per se, but they tend to feel more floaty and slow. The design of the game is of course the biggest factor, but I'm glad JJP isn't stuck on doing widebodies only.
    More ≠ better.

Yeah I have played a widebody, TZ. It is definitely slower than my skinny body Spiderman. Yes they have a different feel I agree with that. It is a similar contrast I get when I drive my honda pilot vs. my 911. Totally different but nice in their own way.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

More ≠ better.

More worked for WOZ, TZ and Indiana Jones. All depends on the toys put into the game and how well the code is developed for them. Less for $7.5k also isn't better either...I don't want to pay $7.5k for a game with 2 or 3 ramps and no interactive toys.

Personally I love wide bodies and the number of toys and features that can go into the game. There are some amazing standard bodies out there too, including Pats games, so I'm sure JJP #3 will be great.

There are 357 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.