Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinchroma_JJP.jpg
image-389.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I posted something related to this within another thread but thought this was worth discussing separately. At expo JJP announced new price points for Hobbit (and introduced a new edition of Hobbit). The reaction to the Hobbit reveal aside, what do folks think of the new price points?? I'm baffled by their strategy. FYI .. it's $8000 for a "regular" edition. $8500 for a "limited" edition. $9000 for the newly revealed "Smaug" edition.

First, WHY is JJP charging (or listing) the SE for $500 more than the LE? You get nothing more at all that I can see or that they've noted. It's simply different cabinet art ... and (one thing) is apparently a Smaug toy that is painted all gold (which to me seems like a negative since it will hurt the detail in Smaug even more). It also seems like a cheaper process for JJP to paint Smaug all one color (albeit we haven't seen it yet.) So what exactly are you charging $500 for JJP? That's a lot of money and for what? It's not like the 75th edition of WOZ where you at least got several hundred dollars worth of extra toys (grrrrr ... I hate thinking about that.) It's even more odd when you consider there could actually be more SE's made than LE's (or even the exact same amount.) There's no telling where the numbers will fall given the December 31 deadline for ordering (or switching to) the SE.

So what do you think the reasoning is? It seems to me they couldn't sell out 1500 LE's in nearly 2 years and now they actually raise the prices, introduce a new special edition, and think they'll sell even more games? It is completely baffling to me right now.

Side note: As for asking $500 more for the newly annonced SE edition, it seriously makes it seem like a smoke screen in order to get current LE pre-orders to just accept JJP introducing a new "special" edition (as if you're somehow getting more value by them introducing even yet another edition simply priced higher.)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure you can keep your number if moving from LE to SE.

Well, if your number is 886 (for example) and they only end up making 500 SE's then those numbers are more meaningless than ever. And it was very poor preparedness to not have even a pictue of the gold painted Smaug. They really are making this up as they go.

Its still completely illogical to me to charge $500 for one LE versus the other when you get absolutely nothing more (just different).

Lastly, can they sell games at this price point? Well, if they couldnt sell 1500 LE's in 2 years time at $7500 (and then at $8000) you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see where this is heading unfortunately.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The real question is, will you ever remove the stick from your butt? Now before you run to the high moral ground on that question, it is my observation and opinion that you have a stick up your butt over JJP. Before anyone says I am attacking you, they should read over the last 4-6 months of your postings.

YES, please read my posts from the last 4-6 months ESPECIALLY over the last month. I have made MANY posts defending Hobbit. MANY. I have stressed people would be silly to cancel their pre-orders at this point. I have repeatedly stated that there are many things in this game to be excited about. Take your own advice and go read my posts.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

If anyone doesn't think he isn't completely obsessed with JJP just look at his latest post history. I nearly fell out of my chair it's so telling. This is unedited. This is literally the latest 15 threads he posted in. There are plenty more as well.
image-389.jpg 73 KB

That is shocking to you??? I think those are probably all from this past weekend alone. I guess this is going to come as a news flash to you but Hobbit was actually one of the hottest topics from Expo ... just not for the reason you proclaimed (that there will be a "lot of very happy people".)

Honest to God ... how is it you have time to be on Pinside much less running statistics on my posting (just slightly stalkerish, no??) I would think you would have a TON of work to be doing along with the rest of JJP after this past week, no??

And seriously, why can't you just answer the question!! I get that the LE costs $500 more over the regular edition (because you get powder coating, Invisiglass, and a shaker.) But there is no logic as to why the SE costs $500 over the LE (you get different cabinet art and a different colored Smaug toy?)

#29 9 years ago

FWIW, I honestly have no motives other then to get JJP to improve their treatment of customers and improve their transparency (better communicate to their customers instead of all the cagey answers) and improve their games (actually listen to customers like they say they do.) If you actually read my posts I have posted plenty of positive things about Hobbit.

I'm not hiding behind my Pinside account. Jack (and many others) know EXACTLY who I am. It's no secret.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-hobbit-price-points?tu=craz4pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.