49%
  • JP2 Prem/LE 76 votes
    51%

(148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
Oh come on.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Battle of 2 modern Juggernauts. Let’s hear it.

Both are great, but JJP POTC is top 3 of all time for me. JP2 would win out against most other games for me, but not up against JJP POTC. That said, I would love to get a JP2 someday because it is a great game that I think would keep my interest in a home environment for quite sometime.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Did you have to make any software/hardware adjustments to shorten the ball times since I know that you're a good player? How long is an average game vs. a really good game?

No, I haven't changed anything. In fact, I believe that the difficulty settings aren't adjustable in the game as it sits currently even if someone wanted to.

The thing about JJP Pirates is that to have a great game, it has to be a longer game since there is so much to do, but with no ball save the game can be and is brutal at times. I can't imagine a casual player who has no idea what to do lasting more than a couple of minutes tops. For me, on a really good game, I normally get 3 EBs or more...but...I will have at least one ball, sometimes two, where it is basically plunge and drain. That never fails. Normally those plunge and drains happen when I have a big skull hold carried over, that wizard mode lit and a 6x bonus that isn't currently held, so they are all lost. A really good game for me is 5 million + and that takes usually takes 25 minutes or more, average game for me maybe 10 minutes. I've had a LOTR though and ball times aren't that long in comparison. Those 25+ minute games never get boring for me though, because there is so much on the line with every ball and you want to make sure you take advantage of it. Got to play that last movie mode to get that wizard mode lit, got to get a skull hold to carry that movie value over, got to get the bonus held, need to make sure you have a bunch of souls and don't lose them in Liar's Dice...and make sure you have your playfield multiplier built up to 6x potential and actually get 6x started when you start all the fun. It's still quite the adrenaline rush for me. JJP POTC really starts getting difficult as you complete movies and wizard modes since you have to really start shooting specific things. When you are focusing on specific shots and not just taking what the game gives since all the wizard modes are single ball and timed, it can be very unforgiving.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks for the detailed write up. Those ball times actually seem more reasonable than what I figured. I loved owning games like TSPP, WPT and LOTR in the past but eventually grew tired of the long ball times and struggled to find the motivation to play them as opposed to shorter ball time games. Unfortunately JPOTC was one of the few games that wasn't bought for route around me so I've still got less than 40 games on it and never got a true feel for the rules beyond just trying to stack stuff together.

The wrinkle that JJP POTC throws in to a longer playing game discussion is that you had 22 characters to pick from which each help or hinder you in some way. That helps keep it fresh because depending on the character, your scores and progress can vary wildly even with a similarly played game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-vs-jp2-prem-le?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.