IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 6 years ago

I was in on this one for an LE and my first JJP - the spinning discs and how they lined up with all the variables, LED's was a huge part of the game. I was sold on this one when I watched the SDTM episode and how awesome the game looked with Eric's explanation of how the spinning discs worked and all the potential with that feature -would love to hear Zach and Greg's comment on this one now. How as a company can you spend all this money and then bail on the concept at the 11th hour?? This should have been well tested before any reveal to start with, rather than all the hype and then the let down. As is the case when you have built in expectations based on what JJP has done in the past you feel even more disappointed as the consumer. Now if they want to drop the price 1K maybe you will hear a lot less complaints OR NOT because it is funny how we will spend the $$$ when it comes to something unique. Hello Houdini, hello Iron Maiden - looks like my money is going elsewhere unless JJP can get their act together on this machine.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Drop the price...you are dreaming..
It will be only slightly lighter to carry.
However, JJP should have make up with another feature. Personnaly, i have never liked the ramps of this one, specially the right one where you go to the mini playfield, over and over...boring. A diverter would have been welcome in order to complete a mode to qualify the acces to mini playfield.

JJP can't ask fro premium $$$ if no longer a premium game and taking one of the key features out of the game puts it in that category

#245 6 years ago

i sincerely feel bad for Eric as he was so enthused about the spinning disc feature as where a lot of us. It was a huge selling feature. If they were going into production soon they would have had to have a bunch of these mechs made already with a huge cost in development. It does seem a shame to just throw in the towel on it unless as someone else said it was a bean counter decision. The cost of the bad press is not to be taken lightly either- they are turning this game from a stud into a dud

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

The 88 people saying they will cancel their preorder is close to a million.
It's not like something of this nature cant be engineered. Use different materials, metal, carbon etc

I think you will find when the dust settles and if JJP cannot come up with something more suitable to the masses it will cost them way more than a million. Unlike the competition JJP is more of a boutique machine manufacturer catering to the HUO market. (especially with the LE and CE models) Now that the two main competitors have what looks like winners out there in Houdini and Iron Maiden (and we still need to see the IMDN LE's) the chances are good that a lot of pinsiders money is going to migrate to those machines. Lets hope that someone at JJP (and I am sure they do) sees the very poor feedback on the decision to delete one of the major features in the game. it may be time to reach out for some more engineering support and live with a bit more of a delay to fulfill what was a unique and promising game.

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Most Canadians don't mind ignorant statements like this, makes us look better practically ever where we go across the planet. I wish you were here to say that to my face buddy.

AGREED!!!- this is why when we Canadians go out in the world we are so much better respected and liked as we don't have the ignorant attitude and the "we are so great mentality" of some others- maybe we should build a wall!!!! lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.