IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (5 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 5 years ago

Hoping some how this is simply a delayed April fools joke or that Eric is just a funny guy at heart. Plan to verify that I can and most likely will pull my CE order with this news. CGC your up! Unless of coarse your going to reveal Monster Bash with muppets instead of monsters at production. This is just plain crap news. I do feel for Eric, Joe, and Keith because they have Clearly put their lives into this game but this is just an epic fail. Trunk sure, but the spinning map converted to Dominos pizza art is just no go for 12.5! The game at 257 played great and the randomness of the spinning disks even while not Programmed was just plain cool! Please say this is just a joke!!! Change the start of your video from Arrrrhhhgg to Umphhhhhh!

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have I moved into a parallel universe?
Stern adds features back into it's Pro - metal rails etc.
JJP starts removing mechs from their game!

Yep, welcome to the Twilight Zone. If they removed the CLOCK!

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just with they wld show the premium so i can order lol

Maybe they are stripping all the Premier features off of it before the unveil! lol

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It actually said it in big bold font on their site and promotional literature. Those chests are a different design. Cost saving would be negligible on that. There's no reason to change it except reliability / making the game better ... and from everything I've seen and played, rejected shots were a continuing problem.

The writing on my Depost check didn’t say Promotional purchase!

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Moving triple disc to that = out for me....a sad day, and another CE spot for someone......really, really wanted this pin.....mark

Completely agreed. CGC your up! By the time their done the game will have 2 flippers and a tub toy for a ship.

#309 5 years ago

CE Deposit Canceled today sadly. If anyone is interested in CE #17 it is now available with a free Pizza Spatula! Sorry but this decision is Not what I would call a "few minor Tweaks". So really wanted this game and Sincerely feel bad for Eric. He rocketed toward pinball stardom only to have his visions and creation crushed by poor business decisions. I only hope he will not let this defeat sway his future vision and creativity. He is Very talented. For now CGC is up and no matter what the title I am In!

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure now that I'll be buying a Dialed In

Now that sounds like a solid commitment! Are you Almost 100% sure your thinking about being certain? lol just playing with this fun filled day of news.

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

In all seriousness I wonder if people canceled their orders due to the update.

Yes

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I know of one for sure too. I just got the refund (minus fees) posted to my paypal account. Joe at PinballStar was very understanding.
The spinning disks mech was the heart of this game, without that it becomes even more generic. I'll wait and play a production game, but doubt there will be enough there to warrant buying it later on.

That was difficult also. Joe at PinballStar has been Amazing to work with and canceling with him was difficult as he has been so professional and courteous throughout all of my transactions even with Late night text debates. lol I will do business with him again as soon as he lands my Houdini! Props to a Great distributor!!!

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Really classy.
Reminds me of the days when jack was allowed to post on pinside and would say such nasty things to potential customers.

There is nothing he said that is offensive or not true. Nobody was forced or asked to give money and if they did like me they were returned that money no questions. Keefer has got to be one of the most stand up class act people I have ever met in this hobby. Well maybe a tie with Lloyd, he's just crazy pinball smart.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Maybe you should read all the posts before commenting...

What post exactly did I miss that his response was correct? Seemed pretty straight forward to me.

#551 5 years ago

While I did cancel my CE order I must admit I do still have my order and deposit still locked for an LE. For Me, I just did not feel the changes justified the exclusivity or 3K up-charge. I guess I was hedging my bets from the start shame on me. This Is an incredible game No question granted the changes are rather drastic with minimal explanation but time will tell what they come up with. LE seems to be a fair bet for now for Me anyway.

Regarding the map detail at update. (Pizza as its been called). I actually asked Eric about this at the MGC show and Holly Wow if his answer wasn't 100% fact. The map they originally had on the prototype was something JJP created. The actual Movie map is what they went with on the revised version granted I suspect this was as seen a Low Res possibly spinning photoshop illustration of what we seen. Could be wrong? But he did say he was surprised as this is the True map from the movie which they thought would be more correct given the changes. The map photo below is from the actual movie. Granted its not spinning or photoshopped but for me it does look pretty cool. Not as cool as the JJP created one but rather nice. My guess is we will see and hear more Wednesday. No ship in the bottle topper for me but I am also not fully jumping ship just yet.....

POTC_Cap (resized).jpgPOTC_Cap (resized).jpg

#600 5 years ago

Just Need to find Some way to put the LEDs back into the rings. There is no way that would be overly complicated or mechanically problematic. Map ok, LED it!

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

I didn't realize my post would upset so many people. I don't have one on order but have played it a number of times and its a great game, with or without a spinning disc.
Have to say, this is real first World problems stuff. It's only a game and you don't have to buy it. Moaning about the price is another ridiculous point. If you can't afford it don't buy it, easy as that. If people getting upset over buying a $9,000 toy, they need to re-evaluate their priorities in life. It's only money people, only money.
This doesn't seem to happen when any other manufacturer makes a change to their product pre release (Ford, Apple, Nike). People don't start demanding a price reduction. With domestic support like this, if I was JJP I'd start looking at manufacturing something else.

Why is it that people that have not Made an investment in the subject always have the most criticism on how others should feel about their investment or what is fair? I canceled my CE based on my justification of what was expected. It's called managing expectations. I do still have an LE on tentative order awaiting final final final reveal but for me as a Buyer the CE is absolutely not worth the 12.5K any longer. That is a buyers assessment and feeling.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That didn't stop all the upset people over on the CGC next game thread.
Darned if you do. Darned if you don't.
LTG : (

CGC is doing it right. Make it right and let her go, the money will follow. Now we just need to figure out how to squeeze the title out of you! lol No Mug for You!

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

No notification, Pinside it was.
But, Joe at PinballStar was nothing short of fantastic and I am determined to finalize all possible future purchases with him. He was fast, understanding and 100% professional. Both when I locked in the POTCCE and when I sadly had to cancel. Nothing but praise for Joe. I do not believe it was his to contact me and point out that now may be the time to rethink my JJP purchase. That should have been initialized by JJP which they did via their YouTube videos, in my opinion. No harm, absolutely NO foul here.

I second the professional follow through with Joe. Canceled the CE without haste and refunded quickly. Future business for sure.

#1133 5 years ago

Curious if anyone from the Chicago area went to the 257 POTC open invitation? Seems like a great place (with alcohol) to talk directly with Eric and team to see if there was Any flexibility to the plan? Sadly I missed it traveling, just wondering if anyone made it. I think it was from 6-9 on Friday.

#1212 5 years ago

In my view (not much value except to myself) if JJP did one thing wrong it was not having Jack do the announcement like he did yesterday to make this change. After hearing it I personally felt he was sincere and did feel bad they had to step back from the challenge. You can tell he did not want to say mercy on this one but I do believe and Respect their end decision to look at our best interest and stick with reliable over function. Yes, I did downgrade my CE order to an LE as I no longer felt the price matched the product but the LE or even standard still look like an Amazing work of art and one Hell of an awesome amount of fun. (just not 12.5k fun!) Stinks but what Eric, Kieth, Joe and Yes even Jack created will still in my opinion rank up there with one of the highest bars in pinball for sometime. Still feel like this would have taken a Slightly less bitter direction if Jack or company would have dropped this news directly but lesson learned I guess. I will start working on my own barnacle mods having 3k for R&D now.....

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It did seem kind of cruel and ineffective throwing Eric to the wolves with that initial announcement!

I'm Betting his liver had a workout that night! lol Great person and a Huge talent. I can't Wait to see what he creates in the future!

1 week later
#1468 5 years ago

Yikes, we went from Yo ho to spinning disk and spun right back into the lack of DVD content.... They will never win with any direction.

2 weeks later
#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This would be a good if it is possible. Have to say, the last two weekends there have been several POTC movies on tv and I watched parts of them with the kids. It definitely confirms my thoughts about the clips they have used to date.
There is plenty of footage without infringing on the actors yet they aren’t using the content. Why is this?

Could be because they wanted and have the talent to create something authentic and New vs recreating a movie we have mostly all seen? Having played it several times and watched every JJP video I am Amazed by the content they created and it fits pirates as well as pinball Perfectly!

1 week later
#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mystery awards have not been shown like this before and the awards given have never been done before like stealing balls points and captions.
If you don't like "vidya" in your pins maybe you should stick to em 's

Curious with this statement. SOoo, if JJP said ALL the mechs are hard to do so we are going to just do a full pinball table on the big TV screen with a blank wood playfield and 2 flippers to entertain your fingers would that still be considered Innovative? Seems like another company went this route with little success? Side note, the game Does still look amazing and I look forward to getting one but there is Really no acceptable compromise they offered with the Non compromised price point. Just my opinion....

1 week later
#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Was there a lingering cologne smell when you played?

Hey! lol Now thats funny! My wife and I played that amazing machine till our credits ran dry. Truly amazing. I kept telling her that Jack was watching from Jersey on the game camera so watch what you say! Still has the old spinner running strong though I must say the improved trunk was a Smart move. Much more reliable. If anyone from JJP (Joe) reads any of these posts that game could use a new set of flipper rubbers on your next visit. They are an inch from gone. Still played perfectly though. Can't wait for our LE.....

The Mod Couple

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was kidding about Dave's bit "they are spending money on very talented experienced and new pinball people to create an infrastructure for pinball development and production", that they haven't contacted me.
I wouldn't lock myself into anything exclusive. I can't be limited to one company, or helping anyone. Online, email, or in person. Just think if a person came into my arcade with a problem and I couldn't help them.
Being spread out helping over 22 years, it would be impossible to be exclusive.
Not to mention I am constantly learning. Being exclusive would limit that too.
I have no problem with a NDA. But that's it.
LTG : )

Plus your an Invaluable asset to the pinball community and technically priceless. Any OEM that doesn't sign up to your knowledge, etiquette, accessibility, and personality is completely missing the boat. In an admirable way I would bet you would do it for free or at least for a plate of Chinese food next door. A sincere comment, but you really should write a book or memoir of your life experiences. Your journey and passion for this hobby has taken you to many interesting places and situations.

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What has been the longest time from announcement to production for a new pinball machine? This wait is getting agonizing! Lol

Does The Big Lebowski count.... My guess is BBB from Gene is the runner for longest Actually completed announcement.

#1995 5 years ago

Wow Joe really lit that game up on the stream! Good for him he was in the Zone! Congrats

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I do love seeing the live Streams of Pirates but at this time, I'm getting burned out. I want to play the game myself and experiance it. I feel like I know the game so much without playing.

I understand your point but at the same time I personally feel like JJP is doing a Great new thing with these continuous spoon feeding video instructional videos. Through repetition I am slowly learning the extreme depth of Keith and Joes (and team) deep rule set. Hobbit as an example was incredibly deep but I quickly felt like I was just smacking a ball around and had no appreciation of how the modes or code were written and reading hundreds of forum posts to learn just didn't work for me and I gave up on what was probably a great game. These instructional tutorials are priceless to me and I suspect any new buyer looking to make this Large scale purchase. I now feel like when this beautiful game does arrive at our home I will know many of the objectives or at least know I have a video reference to go back to if I feel lost. Bravo to JJP and team for taking this new direction. I appreciate it!!

#2003 5 years ago

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. The mod kit also includes a single pirate coin translucent decal to perfectly detail the center illuminated button! Mod is simple to add and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Arrrrrrr. Available now via our New website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank all you scurvy Pirates for liking our products!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0097 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0101 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpgIMG_0109 (resized).jpg
#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow, that looks great Mod Couple!

Thank you all for the kind words!! We Love this game and we believe it will be a top rank for Many years to come. We have a few more coming hopefully not Pre-game but we are to excited to wait and it does help having a beautiful model at 257 to stare at. Lol

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your picture reminded me...I wish JJP would extend the Jack-Sparrow-type pirate theming to the rule card like Stern did with the "More like guidelines" hand-written over the crossed out "rules". I also like that the Stern one was a pretty simple card with large lettering. JJP could do this, too, and then prompt to hit the action button for more complex rule cards or something.

Love the edit idea very clever! As for rule cards I thought in one of the broadcasts Keith or Joe had mentioned the the rule cards would be electronic via the mini screen with several depths of rule level description. Really like the idea as the amazing creativity these guys are putting into the code will need a bit more detail for us mortals.

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Those went fast! I wonder how long before you have more??

They are back in stock from our store at www.TheModCouplePinball.com Thank you very much for you interest!!

The Mod Couple

#2052 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Deadmen sign mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the devils triangle entrance! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. While shown in the preferred location above the devils triangle entrance you could install it to your personal taste also! Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Fits ALL JJP versions! Enter at yer own risk, available Now along with many other unique custom Mods via our new online store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

DeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadMen_EDITED (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen2 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).pngDeadmen5 (resized).png
#2053 5 years ago

Escape the Hangman ye be warned! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Hangman Gallows mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Escape the hangman out-lane! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine machine and even includes an Ever so cute perfectly details parrot. You can't have pirates without a parrot!! Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod and be ready for when they start shipping!!! Don't get caught by the hangman, Available today from our store and www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks for checking it out,
The Mod Couple

IMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0249 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgIMG_0258 (resized).jpgPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).pngPOTC_Gallow_Photoshop (resized).png
#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Have you asked Lemmy about using this ?
In fact, i like " dead man smell toe nails" better

Lol, I’m sure if the demand is there I can design your sign to say whatever you like! We aim to please.

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They should know by now when this is shipping, if they truly don’t hen hat means there is some sort of issue that they don’t have figured out yet.
If this thing is delayed anymore I think I’m out and money will be going to Chicago Gaming for one of the remakes.
Trying to remain patient but very frustrating to say the least.

OR, they learned their lesson about setting dates and expectations and making them public! We can only guess but I suspect tooling a complete line from one model to the next along with training of Every employee takes time and patience. They want to make this right and they are in no rush to gamble on this execution. So looking forward to landing this game with or without the original expectations met.

2 weeks later
#2238 5 years ago

"It be to late to alter coarse now matie!" Introducing the Pirates "Maelstrom Battle" mod! A custom design and fit mod to highlight the famous pirate battle scene in the Maelstrom. Simple yet highly detail mod to complete the ramps look with a theme set look. Polished and each hand painted to blend perfectly down to the black sails of the Black Pearl. 5 minute installation with everything included and reversible. Translucent design beautifully carries the games amazing light show throughout. Get yours before Calypso takes them all! Available and shipping Now via our website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks to All for your continued support and interest!!!!

The Mod Couple

MT1 (resized).jpgMT1 (resized).jpgMT2 (resized).jpgMT2 (resized).jpgMT3 (resized).jpgMT3 (resized).jpgMT4 (resized).jpgMT4 (resized).jpgMT5 (resized).jpgMT5 (resized).jpg
#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So what’s the word with today’s stream?
Same old shit or something worth seeing?

The only thing I took from it is we are So excited to get this dam game it will be worth the wait and also, Keith is a pinball playing Machine!

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi Yelobird - could you show a pic of the Maelstrom Battle mod from the players perspective please?

Absolutely and thanks for your interest. Granted I had limited time for a photo shoot this photo illustrated a top heavy angle but fair players perspective. We designed it to be further adjustable up and down as we also did not want to loose the view of the ball circling the drain. As a fully transparent mod it Really captures the game lighting and mode effects. We sincerely appreciate everyones interests as this machine is a masterpiece we would be honored to be part of.

The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

IMG_0361 (resized).jpgIMG_0361 (resized).jpg
#2254 5 years ago

Incredible news. Congrats to Eric and the entire JJP team!

#2267 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Patience, poor Eric needs some sleep.

I Highly doubt Eric is sleeping. Seeing his baby Finally coming to life and into the world my bet is he is on cloud 9. And deservedly so. This game is a masterpiece.

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just curious what toys or features were added to replace the ones that were taken away from the machine?

About a Thousand team hours of amazing code and total game reliability.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So my wife and I got super special treatment from Jack at JJP with special exclusive permission to take a tour of the JJP production facility and we were the first outsiders (other than JJP employees) to play the first JJPOTC production game off of the line. You're going to love it! A super great experience - the tour, the pinball discussions and stories with Jack, meeting Jen, and ... of course, playing the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on a unique experience with a class act team! I bet there is a sigh of relief to see the hot title finally flowing down the rows. Hope to visit there some day everyone I have met from that company truly loves what they do and it shows in the products the produce.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So if jjp can't show any actors from Disney pirates maybe they should show some footage from this Pirates
[quoted image]

I think thats from ass pirates doubt they would use clips from that. lol

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I got all that. Keep reading the posts and you'll see the conversation continued.
My point was that we are outsiders and if JJP decides it's easier for them to produce 1 component of their game, as they do with many others, then they are certainly entitled to. Obviously, they have to weigh in the cost benefits of subbing that piece out. Cliffies aren't cheap on the retail end.

Agreed. Before hanging or assuming what JJP is doing another possible scenario is that this is not in Cliffy's best interest. He (and we) know he makes the best product for this purpose period. Making 1000 (ish) pieces for an OEM will most Certainly not be at the same rate he can (and will) sell them to us for as individual orders. Add to that, he has hundreds of other products he has to continue to support so taking a 6 month vacation to Only support JJP and miss out on other opportunity sales isn't exactly a wise business decision. Again, just weighing out other reasons why JJP might/might not be going the free add on route. They built an Incredible machine and I highly doubt they would put out something that would disintegrate in general home use without a protector? Cliffy is only an email away and the install gets you closer to your game! lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They put out Dialed In, which was literally cracking and chipping within 50 plays or less at the SIM card hole for us and others. Protectors are needed at holes.
When I talked to Cliff after he was officially doing the Dialed In protector he indicated that he hoped it was the beginning of doing them for all JJP pins from the factory. He's completely up for the relationship continuing and expanding (as of 8 months or so ago) from what he told me.
And on the JJP side, they've shown they suck at cliffy-knockoff design when they tried it on Dialed In and wasted a bunch of time and money (as well as all the playfields that chipped while they were screwing around for months trying to make their own), so it's in their best interests to save time and consumer headaches to just go with the person who has the most experience with these and invented the category. The other person is right, for $9500 the LE, at the very least, should have actual Cliffies from the factory. It's a winner on Dialed In (that I still don't understand why JJP isn't using on their promotional materials now - total home run), so jjPotC would benefit similarly.

Know that I don't dissagree in any way with your request just managing expectations should they not make the right decision. Yes they have had issues and made mistakes in the past but they have also shown they Learned from many of them. My guess is this is something they also planed for or tested and will be solved as they deem needed to keep every buyer happy. Just build those awesome games. Please...

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They have done such a great job with the animation for extra ball and The Cannon firing we just need one more of a ship blowing up.

This is just a possibility but I don't think JJP or Kef said they are done with code when production starts. I think they worked on WOZ for years finalizing perfection. My guess is we have many new animations coming possibly even this cannon fire sequence which has been mentioned and requested dozens of times now. I suspect they are planning to make POTC their next multi year sale WOZ and Eric and Kef's history in the making. Could be wrong but I don't imagine they are close to a finished code just yet.

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am done with the humbug about POTC! I will just wait for my first NIB pin and that NIB smell. As this will be my only NIB I ever buy!
They have done a great job and POTC will stand out as a great pin for years to come! It was unfortunate about the changes but they came up with some cool effects for it. The code is awesome minus a vid for the sinking ship!
Lets wait to get our pins and then we can discuss more about what adjustments, fixes, code work, then. Who is starting a POTC fix it thread? LOL

Wow congrats you went Big on your first NIB! Going to be hard to top this experience but Know that the experience can get addictive! lol

#2413 5 years ago

With the POTC finally into production its time to Raise a flag with the "Pirates Ahoy Flag" Mod!! A ship with black sails pirated by the dead needs to show her colors. This simple yet perfectly scaled flag lets you know pirates be near. Flag double printed in fabric to sway with the rocking motion of the ship. Authentic wood pole with deck wood grain finish mounting base for simple installation without permanent modification. Raise the flag and be warned that pirates is almost hear! Availability and additional info check out www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

POTC_1 (resized).jpgPOTC_1 (resized).jpgPOTC_2 (resized).pngPOTC_2 (resized).pngPOTC_3 (resized).jpgPOTC_3 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2497 5 years ago

Lol, that is a happy man and justifiably so. Congrats JJP and team on what will be the best game out.

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What’s the expectations on CE ?
Have deposit on one ?

I believe they have stated from the beginning and done so with Every 3 line product that the CE will be the last run after the standard and LE. Thats not a time frame but I suspect you will see hundreds of unboxing pics before you see a CE. Could be wrong but I think thats how they usually do it.

#2531 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

At the risk of becoming the Pirates topper guy too, where is the topper?

There is no topper on standards which is what they are making now.

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

That is an LE, I see ‘Tortuga Tom’ on the pop bumper, the Devil’s Triangle plastic, and a starfield. The standard does not have those.
EDIT: the other give away is that the box has POTC LE written on it.

Oops my apologies assumed the pics showed Standards flowing. Hope that includes many LEs.

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

The real question should be, Why does LTG not have his yet?

He probably does but knowing LTG he probably completely disassembled it down to the last screw so he can be the wizard of knowledge on this game from the ground up for service calls. Or, he’s just playing the crap out of it and gone radio silent lol.

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey guys, I think you're reading too much into the chapter aborts. Sorry we didn't clarify earlier.
Like in most games, if there is a cut scene, multiball intro, bonus screen, etc, you can skip it by hitting both flipper buttons. We added that feature to the chapter cut scenes recently. They are absolutely still in the game! We just happen to do it a lot because we're impatient pinball players, so it looked like it happened nearly every time we started a chapter.
Thanks,
E

We prefer to complain and argue about what we assume or didn’t pay attention to. Fire, shoot, aim.... bravo again To you and the dream team that put this work of art together.

#2682 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does any buddy remember them talking about how cool the black pirate ship sails were going to be? I think they were going to add them to the mini playfeild but I am not sure. Does any buddy remember them talking about that?

Never said anything about sails on the mini Playfield and they would not fit anyway.

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The walking about how cool the black sails were maybe they were talking about the CE topper.

Yes that was CE topper talk

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Call your distributor and ask. By now they probably have their monthly allotment of pins tentatively scheduled. If you ordered direct from Jen, ask her. She can probably give an estimate for the JJP direct pins.
Joe likes text messages at 2AM from what I hear.

And if anyone Didn't buy from Joe Still text him at 2am to ask anyway!

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Jack told me back in July that the DI's were getting about 13 per day when production was running smooth on the main line and now they will be at about 5 per day on the second mini line. He hoped to be able to get up to the DI production rate or a target of 15 per day with JJPOTC, but it was too early to tell back then. They're probably still ramping up production to be efficient and are tweaking the time studies at each station. There is training to do too with all the line employees likely at each station. That's all probably wrapping up to get the line at full speed soon. JJP did post some Facebook photos of more out in the wild today.

Plus they have to learn to work wearing an eye patch! Jk. As we have time stupid thought/question. Do you suppose the people on the line actually like or play pinball? Seems like similar to a cook or artist by the time you assemble 500 of the same machine you probably can't stand the site of pinball much less play it? Crazy time burning thoughts....lol

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why not just move everyone up a spot who have been waiting for the past year?

Fact. Thats typically how life works. You step out of line the line moves forward. You don't just sell your spot to the person with a wad in their hand. Never understand the system or lack there of.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I think my spot is #12 on the CE model and hope to have it by the end of the year before Christmas - but when it gets there is fine with me -- But I thought I would just post here because there is NO ACTIVITY on my post on the CE Models - So I thought it be nice to get one in here.
HI EVERYONE

Yeah but your still getting a Black coin door like everyone else so There!! lol

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And every time they put a screw in they say "arrrghhhh" .

Probably not. Big difference between job and what you like or do for fun.

Ok since we have time to kill, as I consider you the "Yoda" of pinball as you spend your day running an awesome pinball facility and helping others with pinball 18 hours a day do you still enjoy playing yourself? Not prying just curious as you have for the most part dedicated a major part of your life to the culture and hobby. Thanks for that by the way!!

#2881 5 years ago

Sheesh, tough crowd. Yes they had games out (I believe 2) but those were Raw beta versions to which they learned a lot from including hole protectors, new shooter lane, hole sizes, diskgate, and Many other long term issues. I say Bravo to the distributors and a few route facilities that are willing to take a few dozen production games on their dime and shake out any last issues. I personally would rather wait and read post after post about “where’s my game!” Then my game is broke and they should have seen this. We waited this long, no deposit is being held hostage, give them time and all will be happy in pinball land.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

So is it likely if someone say just jumped in on the preorder a couple weeks ago that they won’t get their game for a very long time?

No telling but I bet if you call Flippen Out Larry just east of you he will tell you where you are the list and update you as your day arrives.

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think the bayou hole is going to need something. It looked like is was taking some wear.

In the last JJP blog video the said the identified that from the 257 beta machine and made the hole larger and put a protector on it. Looks like they are leaving no stone unturned on this one.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope your wrong... I should have know better than to ask if anything was going to ship this week, what the hell was I thinking?
We will be lucky to see it by the end of the year.

If it would help you feel more at ease you could just send your money to me? That way that burdensome lump is out of your pocket. lol Give them time, I suspect they are in the same place as when you asked 2 days ago.

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've seen this game and played it at IAAPA and Amusement Expo. I think this game is a mis-step for JJ. Couple reasons why...
1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit.
2) No game should take 2 years to develop? NO GAME! Jersey Jack has been out of sight and out of mind due to the time they took to make the game. Stern for what their games are worth released what 856 new games since Dialed In. LOL
3) The spinning disk in the center... personally this was another missed opportunity but not because they removed that prop but because it shouldn't be there in the first place. It has nothing to do with the movies. So they promote this then take it away probably because it was going to break but still upset people. Here is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE... create the biggest lower playfield ever on a pinball machine. WHY? DUH... Pirates is a water theme and alot of the films took place UNDER WATER. So the lower playfield could have been UNDER THE OCEAN! Missed opportunity big league.
The spinning disk is dumb... a big giant lower playfield would have been award winner.
SUGGESTIONS FOR JERSEY JACK GOING FOWARD:
1) Stop thinking you need to create some sort of masterpiece with every game for several reasons... for one if you don't hit a homerun you get hammered even more. Secondly you need to produce more games. Why not a non-wide body theme to build up your catalog at least 1 or 2 games a year. And then produce 1 SUPER HIGH END collector game every 1.5 years. This might be better for your company.
2) No reason JJ can't produce a game that is between Stern and what they typically do... they can jump into the ROCK THEMED pinballs and produce a couple games a year. They should create two different kind of lines to keep their company out in front of people more than once every two years.
3) Don't promote a game for two years without ever releasing it. I like the fact that JJ let people know what they're working on ... so now you're working on Toy Story great. Tell people sure thing... but do it about 3 to 6 months out from production not almost two years.
THEMES JERSEY JACK SHOULD CONSIDER:
Cheaper (Stern Style)
Music themes just as Ozzy - Beastie Boys - whatever cheaper games in the 5 to 6k range.
Quicker Themes Smaller Games: You're working with Disney a great theme would be Disney's Haunted Mansion. Stern is coming out with Munsters fight fire with fire... but make the game cool but cheaper. Universal Studios Monsters would make a great theme, some of the titles you have now that are down the line just do cheaper versions. Stuff you can't really see as an up to 2 year development game switch to a cheaper version and produce more games.
BIG THEMES: Jurassic Park would be up your alley... Fast and Furious, Dark Knight (Series), Harry Potter, Jaws would be bad ass, ... the list goes on. Save the coolest movie franchises for your all out mode and start making other themes with a faster process.
Larry

No,time,to,disagree with everything you said as those are you thoughts and opinions but the day JJP tries to be Stern making only quantity over quality is the day I personally will loose interest in their products. The are a custom product company. They don’t need 500 crappy games to be good, they need a few well crafted and innovative designed games to be Great. I personally think they are doing all the right things with an incredible team of talent unfortunately not at the demand collectors all demand. Only rebutle to you opinion, have you watch Any of the movies? The map Was a key part of the story and it Did spin very similar to the creative way JJP implemented it. Well done and personality I think better than some Dory under the sea concept.

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

These are my points so maybe you might agree more with my point now that I've explained it better.

Ok first off it's only Pinball so nobody needs to get defensive about a Game. The difficulty with your opinion is that you need everyone to agree or you consider it wrong. They are your opinions and that is all good but not necessarily everyone else's. Calling people dumb honestly does nothing to strengthen your argument (opinion). As for the map again, really hard to see how you missed this as such a key part of the film? To help you (not convince you) below is a link to not only the map in operation but a biography from the artists that created it for the actual film as well as how it was used. For me (my opinion) the map use in this machine was genius and honestly one of the Primary reasons I dropped a deposit on this game minutes after seeing it. Cut JJP some slack and know that your opinions are valid as long as you believe them.

3 weeks later
#3118 5 years ago

Seemed like most of the stock pile games were labeled Dialed in? Non the less great to see these are nearing production! Can't wait.

#3140 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When was this announced?
Is this more conjecture or was this actually said?

I think he's trying to rial you up as we have nothing better to do while we wait. lol They are coming, and they will be Amazing!!!

#3169 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I'm sorry, it was just a couple of guys at the end of their workday who were sticking around and decided to do it on a lark. No plan to do it or anything. Please accept my sincere apology; no offense by having this impromptu event was intended.

Dare you have fun without telling us!!!! lol Keep working on that masterpiece and don't mind us.

#3192 5 years ago

Not sure if that was a proud call out or a "This guy is a PITA"! We are all waiting in line no matter what day you ordered lol. I have never been in such a hurry to give away 10k!

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

And for the record - since we are poking fun.
I’m not that guy being referenced! Lol

Sorry for that I ASSumed. Just having fun while we wait......

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Jack mentions the dudes name if I’m not mistaken and it isn’t me.
Joe is my distributor and I only check in with him every two weeks or so. I’m sure he would vouch for me if it really matters that much.

Your right I called Joe and he said your game isn’t set to ship till February.

Just wanted to see how fast you would call him, lol. JK

#3202 5 years ago

NOT jumping on the where is mine band wagon but I do find it slightly disheartening even a bit odd that so far every photo, image, or post from JJP they Do have an assembly line of games and WIP but you never see anyone on the line building them?? Seems like with the huge line of cash standing outside they would be double teaming this to bank on this amazing creation. Just an observation and when it does arrive I am Certain this will be great.

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I can't imagine it would be practical at this point to hire and train new assemblers, in order to double-shift. Would you want a machine built by someone on their first day on the line?

Ok missed my point. I was simply commenting on the fact that in every photo and video you never see Anyone actually building games?? No, I would not want temps building these just Someone building them lol.

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from magickeys:

I just got off the phone with Jen...my machine is in final and should ship next week, so probably by next Friday I'll have my machine! I’ll post an unboxing the day it arrives....yarrrrrrrgh!

Congrats many will be happy to see these games rolling out. Can’t wait.

1 week later
#3242 5 years ago

SO great to see these games finally making it to homes around the world. This is a great time for JJP and team. So look forward to bringing this game home. Already have a chalk outline on the floor.

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What happened to the body ?

I have to collect the body at 10pm Friday at Expo. After I get him to sign my Collector Mug! lol

#3265 5 years ago

POTC was best in show for Expo. Was awesome to meet Eric, Jack, Joe, Keith and the rest of the JJP team that imagined and executed this Amazing game! Played like a precision made watch and the software/animations were simply incredible. My only Minor complaint, watching the JJP crew on Twitch is Very deceiving. It will be Years till I get beyond a million these guys make it look way to simple. lol If pinball is art, this game is the definition of Picasso.

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

mine is suppose to ship this week ... It's going to be a long week till I get the call... fingeres crossed..

Congrats I too got the call. So excited it's going to be a Long work week now.....

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Shipping today buddy!
Larry

Best Distributor on the Planet!! Flippen out Pinball Larry! And his wife of coarse!

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can you imagine how many POTC they could have sold,if they had just shown game at Expo this year.I mean complete and ready to ship?

They will still sell Tons of them they just needed to make sure it was perfect which I personally appreciate. Can't rush perfection.

#3277 5 years ago

Delivery confirmation for tomorrow tooooo excited. Thanks so much to Flippen-out-pinball Larry for a smooth sale and your continuous support. Best game, best dealer. Time to prep the area.

#3291 5 years ago

There be Pirates in the House! Thanks again to Flippen-out-Pinball Larry Arrrgh you made it happen! She is as beautiful as we expected from JJP. Funny delivery expecting the worst. Fedex said they would deliver between 9am and 5pm. They showed up at 9:05am. Good by me. Wifey wasn't excited to move a pin this early but quickly over it after seeing it finally next to TZ.

IMG_1171 (resized).jpgIMG_1171 (resized).jpgIMG_1173 (resized).jpgIMG_1173 (resized).jpg
#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

And....you have all of your current mods proudly installed.
Your 'Dead Man Tell No Tales' is installed in a slightly different spot than on depicted on your website.
Here I was so sure I was going to be one of the first to show mine off with all of your mods. Still waiting....

Thanks for noticing. We are SO in love with this game as my entire family is into the films so we really worked hard to create mods worthy of this masterpiece pinball creation. The sign looks and fits perfectly as shown though it's up to the user. The Hang man with snarky bird fits nicely in the Davey Jones exit lane as you are trying to avoid the noose with a good bump. Fitting. All in all this game hit ALL mark for a perfect pinball machine. Code, art, shots, build, music, animation, toys, features, everything. And one that most don't consider often, Service!!! I had one very minor issue which I emailed to tech support. BAM, Frank is on it, Lloydd calls, minutes later Jack emails, and as if that didn't amaze us, Eric Himself Calls me to help!! What???? Thats mind blowing and unreal how amazing this team and company is. Just awesome and can not thank them enough. We Love this game!! The Mod Couple (and family) Approved!!!

IMG_1194 (resized).jpgIMG_1194 (resized).jpgIMG_1195 (resized).jpgIMG_1195 (resized).jpgIMG_1196 (resized).jpgIMG_1196 (resized).jpgIMG_1197 (resized).jpgIMG_1197 (resized).jpg
#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Any comments from people on buying direct from JJP or using a distributor? It looks like the distributors charge a bit more to ship and set up the game. Don’t know that I really need the setup but don’t know if I have problems in the future if the distributor would be more helpful than trying to get to JJP direct.

If your calling the right distributor they aren’t charging more. I went through Flippen out Pinball Larry and the transaction and communication was Seemless. There are many that will take care of you. As for service JJP is top notch if you have any issues. Plus you can poke #LTG as their service tech he Never sleeps. Wonderful game absolutely no regrets on this purchase.

#3312 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So could you pretty much upgrade to an LE from there? Powder coating is easy. I assume it can take a shaker motor as it is optional when you order. Invisiglass is easy. 3D printed cave is easy. Random twinkling star field could be a mod but if I lose it, no big deal. Spinning pirate is all that is left yes? Would be a nicer way to ease into the cost. Not sure if there is an add on headphone jack for JJP. Will need to look that up.

The star field is not a random twinkling light. They actually programmed it as a feature that gives clues to what shot you need to hit like clues. Rather impressive actually didn't think it would be more than a light at first but wow these guys are creative. Honestly All models are great just depends on what toys/features you must have otherwise game play was not compromised like other OEM models. We got the LE and could Not be happier.

3 weeks later
#3324 5 years ago

Dead men tell no tales! There be No stainless cannons on me pirate ship! We are proud to introduce our newest JJP Pirates custom Pirate Cannon mod. A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the Black Pearl for battle! Each piece airbrush detailed for an authentic look worthy of such a fine ship. Mod is simple to install and does Not effect play or originality should you wish to reverse later. Plunder this mod Shipping NOW!!! Fire the cannons at those Scurvy dogs!! Available now from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for your interest and support!!!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#3327 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I dig that. What’s the install process like?

Honestly short of taking off the glass not more the 3 minutes. Just needed to dress up that amazing ship. Didn't seem right firing a cannon ball out of a stainless box. We think it came out really nice thanks for the comments.

The Mod Couple

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.