Topic Stats

• 3,327 posts
  • 345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 327 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20181026_182517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_1197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1196 (resized).jpg
IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (1 year ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (1 year ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

OK, to clear up some misconception about the artwork (keeping in mind the source was a jpg of a mpg of a jpg), please enjoy this very hi-res version of the map, including the delineation of where the disc actually lies.

Throw some inserts in the non-moving part of the wheel and animate those in movement with the screen, then do the same with the twister/xmen moving wheel and you can approximate what you had and not tick preorder people off too much.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

We are in a trifecta of a waiting period: (1) JJP final decision/confirmation on the disk(s) changes (2) CGC next game reveal and (3) IMDN Premium and LE reveal. I feel like a kid waiting to see what I am going to put on my Christmas list and anxiously watching for commercials to see what toy looks the best.......and even though I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past a kid age, my patience has not gotten any better........

Roulette wheel.gif

always-bet-on-black (resized).jpg

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

The most delusional thing I have ever read on Pinside. Congrats!

How so? Steve said Stern would have a fix post launch for the mechanism on GoT that messed up the left orbit until Stern just decided that saying it was "as designed" was easier and cheaper.

1 week later
#1384 1 year ago

I wanted to use the crystal ball for this purpose in oz before the design of it got all fouled up.

This. Such a waste of a toy as-is.

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is it surprising? The DI trap door is badly design. They are also unable to make reliable the 3 spinning discs.
JJP is really supposed to build a pin like Toy Story? There are So many ideas of great toys but I highly doubt JJP could design them. Their credibility is tainted imho. You can feel all eric’s dismay on the video.

We never had any problem with the trap door at all. Sucks for those that did, but it's not even close to everyone.

The PotC wheel thing is unfortunate, but when you're doing more than any other manufacturer mechanically, you're going to have some failures. This was a high-profile failure, but my thought is at least they're trying and succeeding more than they fail. There's no doubt JJP is pushing other manufacturers forward, too.

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

In one of the podcasts Eric talked about going to the factory in mid may. They would make 20 games out of production parts and send those out. If all goes well then move onto production.
And Eric will teach Jack how to do a better cartwheel.
So I believe we are getting close.
LTG : )

So July-ish, if all goes well...

#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Probably - but Eric told me that he was hoping for production to start the beginning of June. If they change over the production line for the last couple of weeks in May, I'm guessing that they would be training for the assembly and making a few a day at the beginning of June to start with and stock them up until the okay to ship is given. They wont let that line set idle for very long. Just my speculation.

Eric hopes for June. Butch said August. July-ish is looking good.

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Jack said it took 4-5 months to get a 1000 pre orders on DI and 4-5 weeks to get a 1000 pre orders on Potc. so I can believe they're up to 2000 pre orders easily. Not that it makes any difference.

But the internet giveth and the internet taketh away. I can't imagine they still have 2k preorders after ring-gate.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

I keep hearing DI being called a hit I just don't see it being that neather the 150 CE or 2500 LE have sold out I would like to know what numbers are a hit a 1000 games 1500 game ?

I thought the CE were however many they had orders for by 12/31/17, not 150. So unless JJP has moved the post, the CE are sold out.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When are these suppose to start shipping?

Eric says early June. Butch supposedly said August. I say use JJP's track record split the difference toward Butch - mid July.

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was for Dialed In ( 12/31/16 ) JJPPOTC CE is limited to 200.

That's what the original post was referring to, Dialed In (in a jjPotC thread). So I don't know where he got the 150 number because Jack was making as many CEs as he had orders for by Dec 31, 2016 (I put 17). So technically the CEs were sold out as far as JJP was concerned when the last one rolled off the line.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Any shipping estimates yet? Are we weeks, or months out?

Likely Mid-July.

1 week later
#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I’m very confused wasn’t this thing supposed to hit production several months ago? Any idea when this game will see the light of day guys?

Look for it in August. If July happens, call it a pleasant surprise.

1 week later
#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The JJP website looks to have posted updated pics of games including one with the LE topper! Looks pretty cool.

Meh. You can get one of those skulls printed on the plastic new on Ebay for $30-$50 and because it's a molded, detailed piece, it looks much better, IMO. Here's a pic of one on a Stern PotC I sold:

backbox (resized).jpg

Here's one for $56:
ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Mans Chest Talking Skull Room Alarm Rare New

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They know if the target date is going to be met or not.
I get a sense listening to what needs to be done yet that we aren’t as close to production as many think.
I sure hope I’m proven wrong as I want this like right now!

Butch said August at one of the shows a month or two ago. I believe he was closer than any other estimate, and he should know.

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any chance these ship in June?

Pretty sure that chance is Zero.

1 week later
#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I'm glad that JJPOTC is the one I stopped with.

Ooohhh...Toy Story/Willy Wonka shade thrown!

1 week later
#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Arrrrr GOLD! We are proud to introduce our First JJP Pirates custom GOLD mod. The CE models got barnacle the standard and LE owners deserve Gold! A very simple yet highly detailed add on to dress up the lock down bar and highlight to remind you to collect yer treasures!

Your picture reminded me...I wish JJP would extend the Jack-Sparrow-type pirate theming to the rule card like Stern did with the "More like guidelines" hand-written over the crossed out "rules". I also like that the Stern one was a pretty simple card with large lettering. JJP could do this, too, and then prompt to hit the action button for more complex rule cards or something.
Stern_PotC_Rules (resized).jpg

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Damn... maybe it will be here before August after all!

I get the impression software is not the holdup.

1 week later
#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Thought this game was already in production no?

No. JJP Butch originally said August back in Spring, and it looks like he will win the production start date projections.

#2089 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

JJP needs to do a fresh title and not a rehash of pirates or anothe lotr. Once they do that then will peek my interest plus I just don’t understand Eric’s thinking on this game he has divertors everywhere on this thing but none for the right ramp; that should have been one of the first things in the game; ohh well; hoping that the next game is cheaper and more original

Pique. Pique your interest.

#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

The internet world has taught me one thing - A vast number of Americans failed the verbal on their SAT.

The crazy thing is, you usually see people write that figure of speech as "peak" their interest, where I can kind of see the logic behind the failure. Never seen it put in print as "peek" because then the figure of speech makes no sense at all.

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

Like pore over or pour over?

At least he wasn't bragging he was a great writer.

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I had money down on a mmr but when I compared it to jjp pins it didn't come close in my opinion. With them being so deep I think they would work well in your basement if you like the themes.

Hobbit would be a bigger mistake than MMR. Much.

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I highly doubt they'll do that again. POTC sucked the air away from Dialed In, the game they actually had for sale (and were producing). I suspect any pinball company would rather sell actual machines than take pre-orders.
Yeah it happened, but don't think we'll be seeing a new JJP game at Expo this year while the current titles find an audience.

If they're ever getting to Jack's goal of 3 games a year, that will have to happen eventually. BUT, the gap between announcement and shipment needs to be much, much tighter. 2-3 months at the most.

I'm sure JJP will get there, but it's a steep learning curve with lots of (literal) moving parts. I just want PotC out so we can get to Wonka.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agree except for that last sentence. Wonka?? No thanks, even if it’s the Gene Wilder version.

It's the Wilder version. So much potential for playfield toys and cool effects. Can't wait.

1 week later
#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Email from PinballStar today...

If this is true, it looks like Butch was dead on saying August way back in March. Voice of experience nails it.

1 week later
#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

I just ordered a set of 6, slot switch protectors for my JJPOTC.
Cliff informed me via email that he hasn't heard anything from Jack about protectors for JJPOTC. Probably going to need more time.

That's disappointing to hear. You would think after the series of design disasters with Dialed In holes chipping and then the months waiting for an in-house protector design that ultimately was scrapped because it sucked, they would have gotten Cliff a jjPotC playfield in advance so he could help them provide bulletproofed jjPotC machines from the factory, just like Dialed In is now. Moving to have his protectors installed from the factory on Dialed In was one of the best things they ever did for their customers. I thought they were going to continue doing that moving forward with new pins.

Hopefully they are and they're just behind due to the crazy production challenges this year for that machine.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw in a video Jack said they were going to make their own versions of cliffy protectors is that's not happening now ?

Video for Dialed In or jjPotC? Once playfields started chipping at the SIM hole, they tried making their own on Dialed In protector set and they were terrible (especially the phone one) and they eventually just used Cliff's better designs after just wasting a ton of time and effort for nothing. I thought they learned that lesson and weren't going to try re-inventing the wheel again and wasting a ton of time while playfields in the field chipped.

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Yeah. I can’t believe a manufacturer is trying to manufacture stuff. They should totally quit after one go at it.

The best solution already exists, as was proven with the early Dialed In machines chipping then time wasted with the in-house protector fiasco. Why go back and try to reinvent the wheel again when your design and production is already gummed up with bigger issues? Work on the big picture stuff to get the games in the pipeline back on track and leave the bulletproofing to the person who does it best and is already working with JJP successfully on Dialed In.

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea i wld of thought cliff wld have been in on this from the start after the di issues.

I haven't talked to Cliff recently, but I just assumed the same. But that starts with a call from JJP, so maybe that didn't happen because they were just all backed up with all the wheel and chest last-minute craziness. I hope that's the reason and they're continuing to ship with Cliffies from the factory on jjPotC.

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Not knowing the answer to that question is what makes us outsiders. Even though that question was probably rhetorical. I hope there is an option soon though. I got one of the first Dialed In machines and JJP sent me the cliffies 2 months ago when I asked for them. Grateful they did, but I guess we will see how they approach Pirates.

Yep. Fingers crossed JJP builds on the success of their "Cliffies installed from the Factory" program from Dialed In by working with him again on jjPotC.

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was the dialled in video

Whew! We know what happened with thier Dialed In protector experiment, so that means that they're probably going with Cliff again, which is great news for everyone. I hope they confirm that soon.

Thanks for following that up!

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So my wife and I got super special treatment from Jack at JJP with special exclusive permission to take a tour of the JJP production facility and we were the first outsiders (other than JJP employees) to play the first JJPOTC production game off of the line. You're going to love it! A super great experience - the tour, the pinball discussions and stories with Jack, meeting Jen, and ... of course, playing the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jack is endlessly entertaining to talk to - really great guy. You're a lucky duck.

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. Before hanging or assuming what JJP is doing another possible scenario is that this is not in Cliffy's best interest. He (and we) know he makes the best product for this purpose period. Making 1000 (ish) pieces for an OEM will most Certainly not be at the same rate he can (and will) sell them to us for as individual orders. Add to that, he has hundreds of other products he has to continue to support so taking a 6 month vacation to Only support JJP and miss out on other opportunity sales isn't exactly a wise business decision. Again, just weighing out other reasons why JJP might/might not be going the free add on route. They built an Incredible machine and I highly doubt they would put out something that would disintegrate in general home use without a protector? Cliffy is only an email away and the install gets you closer to your game! lol

They put out Dialed In, which was literally cracking and chipping within 50 plays or less at the SIM card hole for us and others. Protectors are needed at holes.

When I talked to Cliff after he was officially doing the Dialed In protector he indicated that he hoped it was the beginning of doing them for all JJP pins from the factory. He's completely up for the relationship continuing and expanding (as of 8 months or so ago) from what he told me.

And on the JJP side, they've shown they suck at cliffy-knockoff design when they tried it on Dialed In and wasted a bunch of time and money (as well as all the playfields that chipped while they were screwing around for months trying to make their own), so it's in their best interests to save time and consumer headaches to just go with the person who has the most experience with these and invented the category. The other person is right, for $9500 the LE, at the very least, should have actual Cliffies from the factory. It's a winner on Dialed In (that I still don't understand why JJP isn't using on their promotional materials now - total home run), so jjPotC would benefit similarly.

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Know that I don't dissagree in any way with your request just managing expectations should they not make the right decision.

We're all here to help them continue to make the right decision and not go down a time-wasting, ultimately unfruitful and customer-unfriendly path like they did on Dialed In for a while. "Cliffies installed at the JJP factory" is the right program, they're doing it right now, and I hope they keep it up with jjPotC (and Wonka, and Toy Story, and GnR. Don't care about Muppets. Let that one get the crap beat out of it, if it's still happening).

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Don't let Miss Piggy hear that, she may turn green (like Kermie) and wail on you ( - :

Miss Piggy can stuff an apple in it.

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from jcoble:

I would get behind that.

Pretty sure those Pirates are fine with whatever position you take.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is just a possibility but I don't think JJP or Kef said they are done with code when production starts. I think they worked on WOZ for years finalizing perfection. My guess is we have many new animations coming possibly even this cannon fire sequence which has been mentioned and requested dozens of times now. I suspect they are planning to make POTC their next multi year sale WOZ and Eric and Kef's history in the making. Could be wrong but I don't imagine they are close to a finished code just yet.

It'll probably be a Hobbit situation. Long time between updates. Unless they expand their programming staff, and soon, it will be hard to ever have a WoZ level of frequent updates again. By the end of next year they'll have 5 or possibly even 6 machines to support (WoZ, Hobbit, Dialed On, jjPotC, Wonka, Toy Story). That's a gigantic code base to manage and update with a relatively small code production staff. WoZ is for all intents and purposes done, except that it's JJP evergreen best-seller and some new code features would juice sales again, so you can't count any of them out for ongoing code support.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm sure there will be more bug fixing and polish, but I highly doubt PotC will be like either WOZ or even Hobbit. PotC will be by far their most finished game at launch - which is great, though obviously partly due to the late launch.
I'd be surprised if its not 99% finished a few months after launch.

Dialed In was very complete at launch. Their most complete launch to date.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Not knowing the answer to that question is what makes us outsiders. Even though that question was probably rhetorical. I hope there is an option soon though. I got one of the first Dialed In machines and JJP sent me the cliffies 2 months ago when I asked for them. Grateful they did, but I guess we will see how they approach Pirates.

I got the answer to the question from JJP today. They ARE using some protector they designed, they are NOT using any Cliffy protectors on jjPotC. I just hope they're not the terrible thick style protectors they made from scratch for Dialed In that sucked. Guess we'll have to wait and see if they pull it off given their bad protector track record, but this another piece of bad news about jjPotC IMO.

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear they are using some type of protector. They should be given a chance to make things right before its considered bad news.

Hoping they do better than the 8 months wasted on Dialed In re-inventing the wheel badly as playfields were screwed up. Not encouraged, but I'll reserve judgment until I see how it works out.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I think they can figure out how to press small pieces of metal.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

You can bet the QC will have been double and triple checked after what happened with Dialed In.

These statements are exact opposites. Not hard/screwed up self-designed Dialed In protector (so hard).

Quoted from Zavadoza:

Let's see it first and quit talking about this.

That's where I left it when I reported what's been done. We're in wait-and-see mode now.

2 weeks later
#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from chrisb:

Email an address! I really appreciate everything from everyone and am looking for ways to express my gratitude.
Cheers,
Chris

EVERYONE?

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

was this the thread the cartwheel was on?

Check the "Key Post Index" at the top of the page. There's a link to it.

#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Per Eric in the stream today, games are shipping with 2 cliffy protectors on the 2 areas where they saw wear from the prototype.

Eric did not say games are shipping with Cliffies on that livestream. He said they're shipping with protectors. Looks like JJP made a Mantis-style protector that is a steel ring on the inside of the holes, but no protection on top. That concerns me given the chipping and cracking on the playfield around the holes Dialed In had right off the bat. I would have been happier with the extra protection of a cliffy on the surface around the holes and inside, but we'll have to see...

#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

They are more like mantis protectors. If you look at all the scoops and holes, they don’t have a sharp clear edge. I guess that will help with wear.

I may be mis-remembering, but I seem to remember Cliff telling me at a show or something that beveled edges are actually worse. I'll have to remember to ask him next time I order something...

1 week later
#2933 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've seen this game and played it at IAAPA and Amusement Expo. I think this game is a mis-step for JJ. Couple reasons why...
1) They pride themselves with Hobbit and WOZ using a lot of clips from the movies. With that being said they should have picked a different them, because this game has almost NO CLIPS from the movie. So if you expect to see Depp as Captain Jack you'll be disappointed. I think this game would have been incredible had they had access to those film clips. So why pick this theme a fading series and no access to the clips as you had with WOZ and Hobbit.
2) No game should take 2 years to develop? NO GAME! Jersey Jack has been out of sight and out of mind due to the time they took to make the game. Stern for what their games are worth released what 856 new games since Dialed In. LOL
3) The spinning disk in the center... personally this was another missed opportunity but not because they removed that prop but because it shouldn't be there in the first place. It has nothing to do with the movies. So they promote this then take it away probably because it was going to break but still upset people. Here is what they SHOULD HAVE DONE... create the biggest lower playfield ever on a pinball machine. WHY? DUH... Pirates is a water theme and alot of the films took place UNDER WATER. So the lower playfield could have been UNDER THE OCEAN! Missed opportunity big league.
The spinning disk is dumb... a big giant lower playfield would have been award winner.
SUGGESTIONS FOR JERSEY JACK GOING FOWARD:
1) Stop thinking you need to create some sort of masterpiece with every game for several reasons... for one if you don't hit a homerun you get hammered even more. Secondly you need to produce more games. Why not a non-wide body theme to build up your catalog at least 1 or 2 games a year. And then produce 1 SUPER HIGH END collector game every 1.5 years. This might be better for your company.
2) No reason JJ can't produce a game that is between Stern and what they typically do... they can jump into the ROCK THEMED pinballs and produce a couple games a year. They should create two different kind of lines to keep their company out in front of people more than once every two years.
3) Don't promote a game for two years without ever releasing it. I like the fact that JJ let people know what they're working on ... so now you're working on Toy Story great. Tell people sure thing... but do it about 3 to 6 months out from production not almost two years.
THEMES JERSEY JACK SHOULD CONSIDER:
Cheaper (Stern Style)
Music themes just as Ozzy - Beastie Boys - whatever cheaper games in the 5 to 6k range.
Quicker Themes Smaller Games: You're working with Disney a great theme would be Disney's Haunted Mansion. Stern is coming out with Munsters fight fire with fire... but make the game cool but cheaper. Universal Studios Monsters would make a great theme, some of the titles you have now that are down the line just do cheaper versions. Stuff you can't really see as an up to 2 year development game switch to a cheaper version and produce more games.
BIG THEMES: Jurassic Park would be up your alley... Fast and Furious, Dark Knight (Series), Harry Potter, Jaws would be bad ass, ... the list goes on. Save the coolest movie franchises for your all out mode and start making other themes with a faster process.
Larry

No one wants a cheaped-out JJP game. We have Stern for that.

Where have you been? Wonka is next, then Toy Story, then something (Muppets if the original leaked roadmap still stands), then GnR. All up from here. The only real question mark is if Muppets is still in the plan, or if Slash kicked them off the schedule.

I'm not downvoting your post, but I hate your ideas. You're basically saying we need another Stern. We DO NOT NEED another Stern. DO. NOT.

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd dispute it.
But what do I know ?

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This thread has taken a disturbing turn. Not sure I want to ride this one out

You sure?

crash-and-burn1.gif

#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Wonka = Two Thumbs Up
TS = One Thumb Up
Muppets = Meh.
New GnR? I want to see a new GnR badly, but they'll be on their "Twice in a Lifetime Tour" by then.

Yeah, I haven't heard much about Muppets in a long time and I hope it dropped off the plans. Everything else very much looking forward to.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

There, fixed it for you

That's a no-no. I got modded for gag post changing. Just FYI.

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

It was harmless and all in fun.

Me too, but I still got modded. Just letting you know it's against pinside rules (as I found out).

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yeah I got modded too

I tried to head it off before the gavel drop, since I'd been there recently already! Welcome to the club...I guess?

#2993 1 year ago

As @ltg implied, the default is free play. I don't think the preset tables are defined yet, guess I better get on that.
Personally, my favorite pricing scheme I ever saw get posted was this one:

I do wonder how it wound up doing.

Can we PLEASE get timed pricing tables? Pool tables have this, and it would be a lot easier than having to manually reset the pinball machines every week for special pricing days. We could set special pricing DAILY so slow times could have cheaper pricing to attract players, and busy times could have higher pricing to help pay for the (expensive) machines.

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You can do that with PayRange. An operator locally here used to do that all the time, with different specials and pricing but I know a lot of people aren't exactly fans of the service anymore.
That said I just played a JJP Pirates for the first time today and I had a blast with it. It has so many shots and options and the code is really good as it sits now. There is so much going on, I'm still just beginning to figure out it. This game should keep players interested in it for a long time to come.
I played it at SS Billiards too and I did experience the hang up on the right ramp, which Lloyd says they are sending out a fix for. The chest lock shot is a tough shot on his game. Impossible to make with the left flipper and it has to be dead on with the right. Not sure if maybe the flipper strength was a little low or the flipper angle was low. It was very tough to make, but oh so satisfying when you did. Surprisingly, the Curse of the Black Pearl canon shot was the hardest thing for me. I completed all the other modes, but could not make a successful canon shot to start Black Pearl MB so I could get to the wizard mode. In fact, I think I only even got the canon loaded one time in a huge overall game.

Zero interest in payrape. It has been becoming a worse deal for low-margin sites by the year.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ewe ... Effective Dating Tables with self joins in queries. I've had to make those before in databases ... not fun. If it's just times, that isn't bad, but if it is specific dates and they change ... more complicated. Some stores use this for door buster deals and such on Black Friday and such. That likely would help operators though. Interesting ...

I (and probably most operators) would be THRILLED with a single Sun-Sat and 00:00 - 24:00 weekly table that just repeats, even if it was 7 days with 2 possible prices per day (two time periods). No need to get fancy. We'll take what we can get, and right now we have nothing in pinball machines to do this.

And no, we're not paying extra for payrange, or we would have done that already. Pinball is already economically crazy, no need to make it worse.

#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I've never been able to break a dollar per game on any units that are conventional payment (cash). This would be an incredible break through if this can become the norm. Pirates is $9500 plus freight. In all factors being considered, this game is $10k, right now, in September, not Christmas. At $1/play plus replays and matches this game will have approximately 12,000 plays before earning its cost. Now factor in location split and we have almost double that to achieve profit. Good thing I like pinball. Haha

We had people complain about $1 a game for the first few months on the route I help with. But once they realized that bought them a perfectly working Prem/LE game experience they couldn't get anywhere else within 200 miles, they calmed down. A couple games are 3 for $2, but all the rest are a straight $1. No complaints now.

If they ever get timed pricing tables implemented, on the JJP games I can see changing them to 5 ball $1.50 during certain times and seeing how that goes. Even at $1/play putting $9500 and up machines out isn't sustainable.

#3063 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

While we are speculating, I think that there will be a new reveal at expo. Ted said a few weeks ago that all of the coders are too busy on "something" and didn't currently have time to fix a few remaining things in the TH code. No recent JJPLive feeds for new(er) TH code or new DI code, or JJPOTC code. In the Expo thread, it was hinted that there "might" be a reveal from the Expo organizers too. If JJPOTC sales drop off at Q1 of next year, they need to start making something new. I'm guessing that they are working hard on prototypes of the next pin to see if it "can" be ready for a reveal at Expo. Just my reasons for speculations.

Plus they're WAY behind because of the delays with getting production of jjPoTC out the door. 2018 was supposed to be the year that JJP finally got to 2 machines released in 1 year, but that was when they thought jjPotC would be shipping in Spring, not Fall. So if they want to have ANY chance at 2 machines released in 2019 to get them on that schedule, they need to announce Wonka in Oct/Nov and get it shipping in 1Q 2019 so they can have Toy Story rolling off the lines by early fall 2019. jjPotC delays really jammed up the schedule. It will take most of the next year to decompress it.

#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

POTC in the house! Streams coming soon
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

You have a Jaguar KIOSK? I didn't think they were in stores long enough to have a kiosk! But, the colors were so VIVID while they lasted...

#3066 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

August + 6 months = February … agreed. But there will be another run of WOZ likely late this year (per Jack), probably once the JJPOTC preorders are filled and they are still gathering parts for Wonka/Toy Story/GNR … whatever is next.

Jack's stated goal is two new releases a year, so they have to have (or are moving toward) arranged production so they can get there. Even if they run WoZ on the secondary line and jjPotC on the main line through the end of the year, they can still get Wonka on the line in 1Q 2019, then Toy Story late 2019 then the next one (please not Muppets), then jjGnR in early 2020.

#3068 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Lol - I do. I was a Jaguar collecting nut in the late 90s and early 2000s. Grabbed the kiosk from a game store back then. Funny how it always gets so much attention

I thought I was nuts for buying the system, CD add-on and a bunch of games, but you have me beat with the Kiosk.

3 weeks later
#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I'm out with my wife vacationing in Las Vegas.
Does anybody know where we can play a JJPOTC on location?

AYCE Gogi in Los Angeles is the closest location with one on any of the maps. San Diego is the closest Pinsider with one at home.

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'd be off to the Pinball Hall of Fame

No jjPotC there, but plenty of pins.

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

We played pinball at NYNY. No JJPOTC, but a nice selection none the less.
Tomorrow we visit Hall of Fame, hope the rumors are true.

What rumors?

#3179 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If the rumor is that Tim has one at the hall of fame, they are wrong. I was just there two days ago. Im still in vegas, I could go look again tonight. The newest pin they had was deadpool.

Tim said no more expensive pins until he gets the new building built. Putting all the money in that. So yeah, no jjPotC unless Jack is donating one for visibility.

1 week later
#3234 1 year ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Our POTC arrived today! One of the many coolest things about it? It's "Born On" date is also my son's birthday! How cool is that?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome that the dates lined up, but when is JJP going to just get a metal stamp to imprint the date into the wood rather than use a sharpie that will wear off in time?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
$ 28.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside