IMG_1195 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_1173 (resized).jpg
IMG_1171 (resized).jpg
AFE12146-611A-4431-863C-2CD1C772E89C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #593 The new artwork in high-res Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #2454 Link to livestream of play on one of the first machines off the line Posted by solarvalue (5 years ago)

Post #2464 Picture of first jjPotCs on the line Posted by mountaingamer (5 years ago)

Post #2496 Link to Jack's "shipping" cartwheel for jjPotC. Posted by KingBW (5 years ago)

Post #2561 Comparison of prototype and final under playfields Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Hard choices I'm sure. It must have been very frustrating for the JJP team to have to throw out all the development work they did on the multiple disc mechanism because they couldn't get it to work reliably. Making pinball is hard!

I wonder what the prototypes with the original discs will be worth in a few years time - cool collector's items.

#284 6 years ago

New disc vs old discs:

new disc vs old disc (resized).pngnew disc vs old disc (resized).png

#299 6 years ago

Very poor mock-up of 3 discs (a-la-Whirlwind) with pointers for the award feature:

JJP-Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean-playfield 3 discs (resized).jpgJJP-Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean-playfield 3 discs (resized).jpg

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure now that I'll be buying a Dialed In for my next pin instead of POTC.

I'm surprised you don't have one already.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The actual Movie map is what they went with on the revised version granted I suspect this was as seen a Low Res possibly spinning photoshop illustration of what we seen.

Yeah, I'm sure it will look a lot better in person.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a reminder, the stream starts today at 3pm central time.

Has this been confirmed somewhere? They haven't streamed for several weeks.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can have my CE then Ted! Congrats

I'll take your CE, as long as it's paid in full. I'll let you know where to ship it, thanks.

#1321 6 years ago

Looks like the code is coming along, still so much in the game, animations are awesome.

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Unfortunately I was expecting sails to be on the ship. I was actually really excited to see what they up with for that. But I asked today and that was said to be a miscommunication and there will be no sails on the ship.
Oh well. That's a mod waiting to happen.

I don't really see how you could possibly fit sails on the ship.

Quoted from Rockytop:

- The Star Map is really cool

I didn't watch the whole stream but I saw the 'x' constellations indicating that you need to hit the multiplier targets and I think Keith said that you can use it to work out what you need to do next. So, how is this different from the apron compass?

#1407 5 years ago

Already on youtube:

#1411 5 years ago

I think it ties the game together, orange apron, orange disc and orange-ish upper playfield.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I agree, blue would seemingly fit better...maybe that will happen?

Old one was blue, you could ask for that.

#1436 5 years ago

JJP after reading the comments about the new apron:

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What did they say?

I think he means that the orange apron is a response to the criticisms of the blue apron.
So they are being criticized for responding to the criticisms, they really can't win.

#1562 5 years ago

Just watched some of the latest stream. Owners are going to have so much fun with this, there is just so much to do in the game.

#1636 5 years ago

Just saw this on Facebook:

TOMORROW 5/16 - We are streaming POTC LIVE at 3PM Central/4PM Eastern! Spinning map awards making their debut- See ya then! https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

1 week later
#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stream this week? Anything new to see?

I believe Keith was going to try to implement plundering this week. He might be kicking himself for mentioning that last week.

#1706 5 years ago

I'm really loving these streams. Apart from seeing the great new features each week, they are just fun to watch. Thanks very much for all your efforts.

#1748 5 years ago

I'm sure someone will probably make their own version of a ship in the bottle topper for the LE buyers, seem like a obvious idea for the various companies offering after-market mods.

#1756 5 years ago

How about this?

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ship-in-a-Bottle-21313

lego ship in a botte (resized).pnglego ship in a botte (resized).png

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree and don’t think it’s too much to ask for a shot map or simple rules guide...

Just don’t see how the average person would ever figure any of this stuff out to get the most out of their game.

I'm sure they will produce a rules chart. They have done that with WOZ, Hobbit and DI. If you watch some of the streams you'll pick it up quickly, it's not really that complicated.

#1879 5 years ago

Watching the replay now: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267448319##

New this week:
Plundering!
More speech (Eric had another recording session with Kevin McNally this week)
Status report

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I really hope this hits production line soon, kind of bugs me hat they totally avoid the question.

There's probably not much to say at this point. I imagine they are waiting for all the parts to come in. When they have all arrived they will start building but it may be very difficult to say when that will be due to the number of parts and vendors involved.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why do all the modes have to be shooting for characters I would like to see a mode where you're chasing a ship and as you hit your shots you get closer and closer and the final shot to end the mode you blow up the ship.

The way I look at it, the 'chapters' in this game are really all just one kind of 'mode'. Or perhaps you could call them one kind of 'objective'. I don't think people should be thinking of them as different modes. If you are looking for traditional modes in the game, I think the wizard modes are more like the traditional modes. This game seems to be really challenging the traditional way of coding a pinball machine in that there is a lot of detail in the other parts of the code besides the modes. Take the multiballs, for example. There are five very different multiballs which all require very different shots to qualify them.

1 month later
#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The fact that my post stating that JJP having two Twitter accounts has been deleted is stupid as well as I am sure there are many that do not know of the second Twitter account and are missing out on news. Deleting the post may keep people in the dark.

Sounds like a cover-up to me, twotwittergate?

#2271 5 years ago

Congrats to Eric and JJP!

#2273 5 years ago

And...first game off the line:

Game 1 (resized).jpgGame 1 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2506 5 years ago

Wait a second...that cartwheel seems similar to the DI cartwheel, how can we be sure they didn't dub new audio over the old clip?

#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Haha...
I distinctly heard the woman with the camera say ‘pirates’.

I just saw the JJP cartwheel thread, I can now verify that this latest cartwheel is legit:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jjp-cartwheel-thread

#2520 5 years ago

Can't wait to read some customer reviews.

1 week later
#2703 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

But, my question is why do bars, people who route them, etc.... get them way ahead of the homeowners?

Probably so more people can play them, which will generate more sales.

1 month later
1 week later
#3207 5 years ago

There were actually a lot of people in the video posted by Pinball Star about a week back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-updates-for-production?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.